• Once in a Blue Moon

Votes: 65 19.9%
  • All the time

Votes: 55 16.9%

• Total voters

theshocker21

Awards
  • Established
Im not sure if there has ever been a poll on here about this, but I'm just curious. Do any of you drink? If so, how often? I personally am not a big fan of drinking. Several months go by before I have a drink. Even then, I hate it and feel like crap. I really feel alcohol is best left out when trying to put on muscle or burn fat. From what I know, it shuts down protein synthesis and fat burning for a good period of time.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I can count on one hand the number of drinks I've had.

Didn't like the taste of anything and getting piss-azz-drunk doesn't appeal to me.

Ronin13

Ronin13

Awards
  • Established
I only drink Guinness and a certain red wine. Haven't been drunk in years. I do try to have a glass of wine once or twice a week.

Brent

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I don't drink.

I am in college and underage too! Amazing ain't I?

theshocker21

Awards
  • Established
I would think drinking is the only thing left to do in North Dakota
:icon_lol:

mike23nads

Awards
bro that is my problem i drink like crazy in college and lose all my body mass and size and its a pain in the a** to get back into shape...your in good shape if u dont drink it destroys your body in a number of ways

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't drink.

I am in college and underage too! Amazing ain't I?
I am in the same boat as you. I went to a bar on my 21st bday and still did not have a drink.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I likes my beer as well.:cheers: I'm actually going to start making it. I have a few friends who make it and they are getting me started.

I also like certain tequila drinks or shots (which is seldom). However, it has to be a quality tequila so there's no hangover. When the night comes to an end, fix yourself up with a calcium/magnesium/advil ****tail, drink some gatorade and wake up refreshed.:yawn:

You need to have some vices to enjoy...as long as you're responsible.:drunk:

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
I bartend but never drink, i see how stupid the patrons get...LOL

moflika

Awards
I never really drink in the U.S., but over here in Germany I used to drink a crazy amount of beer at least once a week. I stopped 2 weeks ago, so I could get more serious in the gym, but MAN, these metalheads friends of mine really love putting on the pressure when it comes to drinking beer :/

In the end, a little alchohol here and there isn't going to be all that bad for you. I mean, you can't let lifting run your life (unless you want to turn pro).

Ronin13

Ronin13

Awards
  • Established
I think friends who pressure you to drink may not be real friends.... just MHO.... :drunk:

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I think friends who pressure you to drink may not be real friends.... just MHO.... :drunk:
We could attach so many things to the end of that line.

I hate that saying so much.

Ronin13

Ronin13

Awards
  • Established
rather simple really... if you are adament about not wanting to drink because you are serious about living a healthy life style but they harp on you (and I mean really give you sh1t) every time you guys go out then they are not respecting you. If someone does not respect me then they are not a friend.

moflika

Awards
Its more of a light fun-making. They understand why I don't do it and leave me alone about it. I do think its pretty dumb when people treat you differently just because you won't drink, but if its just a little fun-making, then its no big deal.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I voted for once in a bluemoon, i don't drink often but when i do i go all out, i'm talking like getting plastered at my cousin's wedding or something like that, lol. Other than that i just look at as empty calories.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Once maybe twice a year and sometimes have skipped a year without touching it. I come from a long line of alcoholics and drug abusers. I don't care for the taste so drinking to me would be just for the point of getting high and I don't wanna tempt these genes to kick in and take over.

Ronin13

Ronin13

Awards
  • Established
Huge difference as I have friends like that as well.

Its more of a light fun-making. They understand why I don't do it and leave me alone about it. I do think its pretty dumb when people treat you differently just because you won't drink, but if its just a little fun-making, then its no big deal.

NickyNoNames

NickyNoNames

Awards
i have such a hang over right now... im never drinking again....

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
I used to drink pretty heavily for periods of time. Over the past year I've prolly had a total of a case of beer. I do like a nice drink, but my mind can't get over the fact that it just wrecks all the hard work I've been putting into my body lately. :D

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
In my younger yrs, I drank like a fish.. But as I have gotten older and wiser, I have found out that life is much better without the hangover.. And yes, I have said it many many times when I was younger, ((( I am never drinking again )))

darkpoet3113

Awards
o.k, wow!, what with this if you're drinking you ahve to get pissed. just b/c you're drinking doesn't mean you need to get pissed... (drunk) ever hear of social drinking, meaning one or two small drinks... i myself do drink, not often... just one or two scotches (one or two fingers) every once in a while.. helps me write. getting pissed is gonna FICK up you gains and fatloss... one or two drink once in a while not gonna hurt you, in my opinion..
cheers,
darkpoet3113

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
I have a couple of beers with my buddys maybe once every two months or so, But No more drunk for me..:drunk:

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
I don't get drunk any more, but have no problem having few drinks here and there. And I don't understand how you waste all your hard work in the gym because of few beers.
Lifting is part of my life, life isn't part of my lifting. If that makes sence.

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
see what you've done with this thread? I'm on my 10th beer now. today was Leg day and I'm in no shape to be squatting :rant:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No drinks for me. I was an alcoholic before I was old enough to legally drink, seriously. Went to AADAC and all, anywhoo that's not my bag anymore.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I did it guys...I broke my 5 month streak of not driving 1 drop of alcohol. I had three beers on a much needed cheated evening. I had a Guiness, a Wexford, and a New Castle...all which I had missed deeply. But, drinking isn't for me anymore, my body really didn't like even three beers. I really can't see myself drinking too much from here on. I'd rather have a great workout the next day.

HeIsLegend

Awards
i drank heavily last week on vacation and now i feel like utter crap i feel like my body is worn out and ive gained weight and i dont think i have i think i may give up drinking.

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
i drank heavily last week on vacation and now i feel like utter crap i feel like my body is worn out and ive gained weight and i dont think i have i think i may give up drinking.

haha I feel the same exact way after a day/night of drinking. do it in moderation bro.

HeIsLegend

Awards
yeah im going to quit for a while but felt the need while i was on vacation visiting a friend in the Air Force who will soon be departing for iraq

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
I quit excessive drinking two years ago as of Memorial weekend. Haven't had anything hard since. Once in a blue moon I'll maybe make it up to a sixer, but usually just a beer. Went to the bar last night and drank an O'Douls and felt guilty even doing that.

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
I quit excessive drinking two years ago as of Memorial weekend. Haven't had anything hard since. Once in a blue moon I'll maybe make it up to a sixer, but usually just a beer. Went to the bar last night and drank an O'Douls and felt guilty even doing that.
Now thats a good beer. :D

eGhost

Awards
I normally drink beer once a week. Usually on Saturday night when I'm out having a good time.

chevelleman

Awards
I just got out of college and i like my oat soda. I did not go crazy but like once a month, but now that I am done with school and back home working I think I will slow up a lot. Although I will say that after a weekend of drinking or what not I just worked harder in the gym to make it up or at least make myself feel better.

theshocker21

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone here ever taken Chaser or charcoal capsules to prevent hangovers? does it really work?

mike23nads

Awards
Has anyone here ever taken Chaser or charcoal capsules to prevent hangovers? does it really work?[/QUOT

Its olny works if you have 2 or 3 beers but who gets a hangover anyway from that. The real trick is to drink alot of water b4 bed because your body lacks fluid when you drink and that causes the headaches and death feeling from a night of boozin....or you can do what i do, wake up and keep on boozin, no pain no glory..
:cheers:

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Nowadays, never. The only social drinking I can do is with people I don't really like that much, with medication on top of that I don't even give alcohol a consideration.

Override

Awards
I come from a long line of Drinkers, but when I started my Training I basicly gave it up except for once a month sometimes not even that, gave up smokin too.

Irish_Rogue

Awards
  • Established
I am on the piss a few times a week, a pint or 5 of Harp or Guinness will do. I have not had any beer for over three months though, the American Army does not allow deployed soldiers to drink.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I'll drink once in a blue moon. I got so ****-faced on my 21st birthday that I threw up blood a few times that night. I probably haven't had more then 15 drinking sessions and I only drink in moderation when I do, that day really scared the hell out of me. It was one of those "please God help me and I'll never do it again expereinces" LOL.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I quit drinking when I turned 21

No joke

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I dont like getting drunk, but I really do enjoy a nice beer or a good glass of wine.

BV