Bissell vacuum question

Tighe

Tighe

Awards
Hey everyone, I was looking to buy a new sweeper, and I was wondering if anyone here has the Bissell Powerforce 6596 ($70) or the 65792 ($50) from WalMart. I haven't seen reviews for them anywhere on the net so I'm thinking they might be Wal-Mart only.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Tips...

Do not spend less then a 100 if you can...
Do NOT NOT NOT NOT get bagless... biggest joke ever... even the Dyson.

Get an upright if you have a big house... get a canister if you have tighter spaces to work with.

Why do I say not under a $100.. because the cost of bags, stupid filters, the actual suction...

Now if it's for an apartment/college dorm and you don't care if your floor isn't the cleanest.... by all means.

I have a 14 month old and a new born on the way. I spent 300 on an upright for our new house.

Tighe

Tighe

Awards
Well, it is for me, I've got a year left of college, and even working two jobs I don't have a ton of disposable income, so I was hoping to keep it under $100. I was really wanting a bagless, too. On the contrary, I've heard good things about the Dyson, but I've never seen one in person although I'd really like too. Haha, don't feel bad Brent, I'm 21 and doing thorough vacuum research. Hell, I just don't like getting ripped off when I'm paying for some sucking. Umm.... :think:

Lightning

Awards
You have to be REALLY secure in your manhood to post this, I commend you. :rofl: :clap2:

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Well, it is for me, I've got a year left of college, and even working two jobs I don't have a ton of disposable income, so I was hoping to keep it under $100. I was really wanting a bagless, too. On the contrary, I've heard good things about the Dyson, but I've never seen one in person although I'd really like too. Haha, don't feel bad Brent, I'm 21 and doing thorough vacuum research. Hell, I just don't like getting ripped off when I'm paying for some sucking. Umm.... :think:
See the thing with bagless is.. it's a gimic. Why is it clear there...? so you see what is being picked up? Who the heck cares, I know when the bag light comes on or it's all puffed up with dust, hair and all the other crap in a bag.. it worked.

You know what a pain in the ass it is to empty that thing out? You have take the vaccum out to the trash and empty it, because if you don't and carry the cannister through the house, all this dust starts flying every where. Same thing when you are banging on the side of the trash can to get the crap out! They push HEPA filters in those things but I think if you were to take the amount of dust you sucked in to your lungs just cleaning the damn thing out it would be the equivlent if you didn't have a HEPA in the first place....

I'm not saying the Dyson isn't a good vaccum, because it is as far as suction goes. But the bagless part is just such a downfall.

Brent

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The Dyson looks like a kids toy! Fugly! I have never seen one in person but it looks flimsy. I do not recommend bagless either.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
From our janitor at work, who uses a Dyson..
It is a good vacuum good power and fairly easy on the maintence..

Tighe

Tighe

Awards
Secure in my manhood? Haha, hell I didn't think it was a big deal. I'm 21, going to college full time, and working 60 hours a week to support myself. Also, I don't much care for living in filth, so finding a good vacuum that didn't cost a ton was important. Seeing how this is the biggest group of people I could poll, I made sense to me. Maybe I'm just latently gay though... :ntome:

By the way, thanks everyone. Yeah, I never considered the implications of carrying an open cup of dust around, good point there.

Lightning

Awards
Secure in my manhood? Haha, hell I didn't think it was a big deal. I'm 21, going to college full time, and working 60 hours a week to support myself. Also, I don't much care for living in filth, so finding a good vacuum that didn't cost a ton was important. Seeing how this is the biggest group of people I could poll, I made sense to me. Maybe I'm just latently gay though... :ntome:

By the way, thanks everyone. Yeah, I never considered the implications of carrying an open cup of dust around, good point there.

Just kidding with you bro. I actually just bought an Oreck and I dont think that it is good enough to justify the cost.

Tighe

Tighe

Awards
Haha, yeah, I wasn't too worried about it. Picked up any bowling balls with the Oreck yet?

VitaminT

Awards
Just kidding with you bro. I actually just bought an Oreck and I dont think that it is good enough to justify the cost.
I bought their overpriced air filter system the other year. When I first got it, I thought it worked really well. Then I cleaned it and saw how cheap it was. When I put it back together, the machine stopped working properly, despite only needing to clean the collection grid. Bottom line? $16 air filter taped to $13 box fan = better deal.

I had a bagless Eureka or Hoover that I got from Overstock a few years ago. It worked pretty good but the wheels were not rubber so it tended to scruff floors. Strangely, it kind of looked like the Dyson...

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
Lake sure loves his Bissell for all the wonderful things his attachment hose can do.....yes, I'm talking vaccum induced fellatio...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Weight Loss 1
John Smeton Training Forum 60
Male Anti-Aging Medicine 2
Training Forum 16
Anabolics 6