X-Men: The last stand, did you see it?

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I just got back from the movie a little bit ago and am wondering what everyone else thinks of it who saw it. I personally liked it a lot. The one thing that annoyed me was the director change. You can definatly tell that it is a different style to the movie. I like the first director much more and it made the movie feel a little off, but still it was a good movie. What does everyone else think? Any x-men 4, or just the wolverine spin-off?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No I haven't because i've been at work since 12pm yesterday afternoon with several hours to go but thanks for bringing it up. I'll definately remember you on my christmas list.:saw:

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
I can't wait to see it and I am so excited. Ohh, I am giddy just thinking about it:dance: :dance:

I let ya know what I think, but I'll probably love it no matter what.

Ronin13

Ronin13

Awards
  • Established
Awesome flick - just got back from theater.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
SPOILER!!I was very disappointed because they deviated from the comics WAY too much. I really don't care about mystique, but Professor X, Magneto, and Cyclops are integral characters that should not have been killed and/or lost their powers. The Juggernaut thing annoyed me as well and Halle Berry did a bad job of acting as though she was someone of strength.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was very disappointed because they deviated from the comics WAY too much. I really don't care about mstique, but Professor X, Magneto, and Cyclops are integral characters that should not have been killed and/or lost their powers. The Juggernaut thing annoyed me as well and Halle Berry did a bad job of acting as though she was someone of strength.
I haven't seen it, but thanks for ruining it anyway man..lol

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I haven't seen it, but thanks for ruining it anyway man..lol
I almost walked out after the Prof X thing. I grew up with the X-Men so I am a little too anal about things in the movies. Marvel does a decent job with intertwinning entertainment with the comic, but the deviate a little too much in some of the movies, this being the worst one at straying.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I was very disappointed because they deviated from the comics WAY too much. I really don't care about mstique, but Professor X, Magneto, and Cyclops are integral characters that should not have been killed and/or lost their powers. The Juggernaut thing annoyed me as well and Halle Berry did a bad job of acting as though she was someone of strength.
Hey edit yuor post or tell others there are SPOILERS in it! No reason to ruin it for others.

phasar

Awards
  • Established
i haven't seen it yet but will. but from what i understand and saw from the first 2 films, Collossus really really needs to play a bigger part in the series. i have no idea why he is nowhere to be found. there was a scene in the previous movie where a man transforms himself into what looks like Collosus and smashes walls to get the children out. but can't confirm that. any which way, i think he should have played a big part in the first 2 films. way, way too much focus on wolverine. it's not wolverine & the x-men.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i haven't seen it yet but will. but from what i understand and saw from the first 2 films, Collossus really really needs to play a bigger part in the series. i have no idea why he is nowhere to be found. there was a scene in the previous movie where a man transforms himself into what looks like Collosus and smashes walls to get the children out. but can't confirm that. any which way, i think he should have played a big part in the first 2 films. way, way too much focus on wolverine. it's not wolverine & the x-men.
Very true on this. This is probably why they are deciding to do a wolverine spin-off because many seem to be interested mainly in him.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very true on this. This is probably why they are deciding to do a wolverine spin-off because many seem to be interested mainly in him.
I think that is because of all of the actors, Hugh Jackman did the best job at translating the character from the comics

DaWarw

Awards
I hated how at the big fight the evil mutants didn't use any powers against the XMEN. Other than Pyro and the regrowing arms guy.

SPOILERS****

You guys know that there was an alternate ending after the credits right? Professor X transplants himself into the body of the guy who had no conscious brain function, who was the person he showed the students in the beginning.

And Magneto does have his powers back. Did you not see how he moved the chess piece at the end?

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I hated how at the big fight the evil mutants didn't use any powers against the XMEN. Other than Pyro and the regrowing arms guy.

SPOILERS****

You guys know that there was an alternate ending after the credits right? Professor X transplants himself into the body of the guy who had no conscious brain function, who was the person he showed the students in the beginning.

And Magneto does have his powers back. Did you not see how he moved the chess piece at the end?

SPOILERS HERE AS WELL

Yes I did see that. The reason I bet it is, is because the kid whose power was to take away others was only temporary with him. The "cure" was using the antibodies or w/e they were from in his body to use on mutants. SO most likely since it was not a permenant effect with his powers, the cure most likely was not either.

I also did see the thing at the end of the credits, I had a heads up before hand to stay and watch.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
I haven't seen it but oddly enough, today's Wall Street Journal gives it a great review.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I thought Legion killed Prof X by accident in the comics, causing the whole alternate Apocalypse X story?
Eh, I'm too old for this $hit..

ripped218

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
All i know is that they butchered everything about the comic book,It was a good movie ,but to a real comic book fan ,it is a sad hollywood butchered film,IMO.:rant:

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thought Legion killed Prof X by accident in the comics, causing the whole alternate Apocalypse X story?
Eh, I'm too old for this $hit..
If they made an Age of Apocalypse movie I would ecstatic. I think that I have every comic released during that stretch and I have read X-Men: Alpha and X-Men: Omega dozens of times. The only problem is that everyone else would be extremely confused about the story.

phasar

Awards
  • Established
spiderman 2 was the best!!!

i think with x-men, they thought to themselves "hmm...who's character would be best used IN A MOVIE."

if i had a choice, i would want to see nightcrawler and collossus non stop. in city fight scenes with baddies. it could get tight and nightcrawler would transport collossus to the end of the street and then they would come running back to where they were intially, yaddy yaddy yada.....

nobody agrees with me. but i don't like the guy who plays wolverine. when i was reading the uncanny x-men comic a decade ago, he wasn't like that. (i don't know what he is like now, even in the comic). the actor has wayyyyy to much personality. wayyyy too many facial expressions. and looks way tooooo soft.

and why doesn't he put that cool mask on anymore?? that's what i want to see. the final fight scene in an x-men movie where wolverine puts on the cool mask and starts thrashing away, and all the other popular x-men mutants zooming around, as the camera backs away slowly so that the end of the movie looks like the cover from an x-men comic book. and then............movie ends. credits roll. now, that would be cool.

screw all this character development sh*t. it's cool for awhile, but in the end, it should be cool. or why even develop this comic idea?

phasar

Awards
  • Established
oooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh.........and u know what would be through the roof cool???????? if they made a transformers movie..................but NON CARTOON. that would be through the roof! and use the original song too. my oh my............... it would take some harsh creativity though.

imagine the original megatron in robot mode in an urban district somewhere loading up shots on bumblebee for a couple of minutes while he is barely dodging shot after shot...while soundwave is looking on a hundred metres away with a couple of his cassette dudes behind him.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Peter Jackson could make the Transformers movie happen.. :thumbsup:

phasar

Awards
  • Established
i'm sure he could. i take it back though, it wouldn't be through the roof. i mean, i, for one would love it. but i have no idea what the target market would be though. It would still be cool, but they would lose big time money if they ever did it. under normal circumstances, i don't think girls would be interested to watch this type of film, and if they ain't interested, that means they ain't gonna watch it with their b/f's, and that's core revenue right there.

bigpetefox: is that you in the avatar? some serious sh*t.

bosco

bosco

Awards
  • Established
i wish there was more involvment w/ the pheonix, then again..

SPOILER

you do see the pheonix flying at the the end. i think they should do a weapon x movie w/ wolverine. i do wish they'd follow the comics a bit closer, be cool to see the jean grey/cyclops and mr. sinister spin-off, when they're getting married n' all? alternate universes galore. i bet stan lee will convice some big heads to do another one.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Micheal Bay is doing the transformer movie called "Transform", and it's all CGI no cartoonies. So that'll be cool. What I can't believe about the X-Men III movie is that they had both Juggernaut and Collosuss in it, and what happens...... nothing. The two don't even look at each other. Their throw downs in the comics where some of my all time favorite moments. Strong man against strong man, they missed one hell of a battle by not putting that one in there. Still, the wolverine fight in the woods was pretty cool.... just needed more blood.

I'm ready for Superman and Ghost Rider now.

phasar

Awards
  • Established
ooooooooohhhhhhhhh yeah. juggernaut.

a juggernaut collusus fight on the big screen would definately look fantastic.

and this just reminds me, you know the kingpin in daredevil? damn!!! i thought he was a white dude in the comic?? wtf?

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
For a summer action blockbuster, it was exactly what I was looking for.

:pizza:

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
To those who have seen this, do you think it would be too much for a soon to be 5 year old? Too much explicit violence or is mostly off-camera or cartoon type violence?

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

they did it....they actually did it!

In the movie he says " dont you know who i am?........im the juggernaut *****!" hahahaha that made my day.

if you dont know what im talking about...theres a cartoon floating around here....search : juggernaut

I cant believe they did that, thats awesome.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

In the movie he says " dont you know who i am?........im the juggernaut *****!" hahahaha that made my day.

if you dont know what im talking about...theres a cartoon floating around here....search : juggernaut

I saw that cartoon the day before the movie...I thought I was tripping out when he said that.

CREAO

Awards
I just saw it, it was OK....first two were much better.

I think they rushed the story way to much in order for it to be a good movie...but the SFX were awesome.

And I wish they had more fight scenes with some of the other characters like Colossus...he didnt do diddly the whole movie...he got hit with a rock and was stunned LOL wtf!!

phasar

Awards
  • Established
I just saw it, it was OK....first two were much better.

I think they rushed the story way to much in order for it to be a good movie...but the SFX were awesome.

And I wish they had more fight scenes with some of the other characters like Colossus...he didnt do diddly the whole movie...he got hit with a rock and was stunned LOL wtf!!
what?? stunned by a rock? that's bs man. in the comic he would blast it into like 30 pieces on contact.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
To those who have seen this, do you think it would be too much for a soon to be 5 year old? Too much explicit violence or is mostly off-camera or cartoon type violence?
I think it is doable. I am not a parent, so take that for what it is. There will be a couple of cover eye scenes and some explaining; but most of the gory stuff happens off camera. Its about when I went and saw Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. Just a little bit easier to swallow though...

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
I think it is doable. I am not a parent, so take that for what it is. There will be a couple of cover eye scenes and some explaining; but most of the gory stuff happens off camera. Its about when I went and saw Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. Just a little bit easier to swallow though...
Cool, thanks. That's what I was wondering. My sons want to see it but I was concerned that it might be too graphic for the youngest.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to motiv8er again.

ryano

Awards
  • Established
I took my nephews to see X2 ...no problem...

They are six and five. Im sure if they are with dad they will be fine..If there are any scary parts ...I just remind them that it is all pretend.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ooooooooohhhhhhhhh yeah. juggernaut.

a juggernaut collusus fight on the big screen would definately look fantastic.

and this just reminds me, you know the kingpin in daredevil? damn!!! i thought he was a white dude in the comic?? wtf?
Collusus was one of my favs in the xmen comics, right up there with wolverine. The fact that he wasn't used more then what he was is a very disappointing thing I had with the movie. Other then that I thought it was really good. Yeah, the story was rushed, unlike the other two, but hey we got to see more superpowers in this one, so I'll take the payoff.

By the way, what famous white dude do you know that could possibly pull off Kingpins bulk in Daredevil. Micheal Clark Duncan was pretty much the creme of the crop as far as casting.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
I took my nephews to see X2 ...no problem...

They are six and five. Im sure if they are with dad they will be fine..If there are any scary parts ...I just remind them that it is all pretend.
Thanks much for the feedback.

ryano

Awards
  • Established
Be careful thought after peanut m@ms and popcorn..they were a little "hyped" after watching the movie..bouncing off the walls and attacking each other with superpowers.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Be careful thought after peanut m@ms and popcorn..they were a little "hyped" after watching the movie..bouncing off the walls and attacking each other with superpowers.
That's a normal day around my house. I'm happy is we can avoid bloodshed for a week.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Before I saw it, I had read a review saying it's downfall was that it was not as 'cerebral' as the other two, also stating that it had 'too many plotlines' to effectively tie-in. I must say, I agree on both fronts, after I came out of the movie, I was disappointed with all the things I did not see. I came to realize with the structure and story they chose for the movie, there was no way possible to fit everything I wanted in there. On the 'cerebral' issue, I was disappointed the director slipped in passing moments of humanity that never allowed the audience to further connect with the established characters, or to get to know the new ones. There was no anguish of prejudice that was present in the first two, no vulnerability. IMO it was a better action movie, but a far less movie overall then the previous two.

phasar

Awards
  • Established
Collusus was one of my favs in the xmen comics, right up there with wolverine. The fact that he wasn't used more then what he was is a very disappointing thing I had with the movie. Other then that I thought it was really good. Yeah, the story was rushed, unlike the other two, but hey we got to see more superpowers in this one, so I'll take the payoff.

By the way, what famous white dude do you know that could possibly pull off Kingpins bulk in Daredevil. Micheal Clark Duncan was pretty much the creme of the crop as far as casting.
hmm. by no means am i saying the guy who ended up playing kingpin did a bad job. i know of no 350lb+ ,6'4+" fat, yet somewhat muscular looking white guy who could have played the part. I was hoping for maybe a "no name" actor. I am sure there are those guys out there, but whether or not they could act, not sure.

oooohhhhh.........daredevils g/f is so hot in that movie..... bwaahaahahaaaaaa. imagine taking a girl like that home for the night. and when you wake up.....she's still there, and still looks hot......and then a huge grin comes across your face, like you finally have something to live for, and it's gonna beautiful day etc.etc......

yeah, but it never lasts, especially if their hot.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Before I saw it, I had read a review saying it's downfall was that it was not as 'cerebral' as the other two, also stating that it had 'too many plotlines' to effectively tie-in. I must say, I agree on both fronts, after I came out of the movie, I was disappointed with all the things I did not see. I came to realize with the structure and story they chose for the movie, there was no way possible to fit everything I wanted in there. On the 'cerebral' issue, I was disappointed the director slipped in passing moments of humanity that never allowed the audience to further connect with the established characters, or to get to know the new ones. There was no anguish of prejudice that was present in the first two, no vulnerability. IMO it was a better action movie, but a far less movie overall then the previous two.
Ah, I don't know mullet. The first two movies where really good at establishing a quality of caring for the characters as it really dealt more on the emotional state of being different then everybody else. That's the problem with doing to many sequels, eventually the story will start to seem repetitive and even if it has the amount of cerebral detail as it's predecessor people would say just that. Having a movie that has a bunch of good ol' action sequences, in terms of comic fan fullfilment, really ties the movies in if you look at them as a trilogy. I remember when I saw the first two, I really liked the good character plots and story lines, but I just couldn't stop *****ing about the lack of action that we saw. Action was what the xmen comics where all about, people that followed those books went to the movies to see mutant powers being thrown around and what not.(It's the kid in all of us) Having the third movie with more action kind of gives me more satisfaction after watching the first two.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ah, I don't know mullet. The first two movies where really good at establishing a quality of caring for the characters as it really dealt more on the emotional state of being different then everybody else. That's the problem with doing to many sequels, eventually the story will start to seem repetitive and even if it has the amount of cerebral detail as it's predecessor people would say just that. Having a movie that has a bunch of good ol' action sequences, in terms of comic fan fullfilment, really ties the movies in if you look at them as a trilogy. I remember when I saw the first two, I really liked the good character plots and story lines, but I just couldn't stop *****ing about the lack of action that we saw. Action was what the xmen comics where all about, people that followed those books went to the movies to see mutant powers being thrown around and what not.(It's the kid in all of us) Having the third movie with more action kind of gives me more satisfaction after watching the first two.

I would have been happy watching an entire movie of a mutant war, that would be a something to see.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

I don't know, mindless action is great, if the whole trilogy would have been about that. But it wasn't, it established itself as a comic book movie with in-depth character dynamic which allowed the audience to connect with the characters on the functional level of vulnerability. Seeing as this one was a complete departure, I don't view it as a flowing trilogy. There are the first two movies, and then this. On a side note, has anybody seen that stupid skit some guys did called "The Juggernaut *****"? If you haven't goto www.youtube.com and search for it. Anyway, I thought that was hilarious the producers included that bit of viral video on there when they got the Juggernaut to say that when he was stuck in the floor

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established
oooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh.........and u know what would be through the roof cool???????? if they made a transformers movie..................but NON CARTOON. that would be through the roof! and use the original song too. my oh my............... it would take some harsh creativity though.

imagine the original megatron in robot mode in an urban district somewhere loading up shots on bumblebee for a couple of minutes while he is barely dodging shot after shot...while soundwave is looking on a hundred metres away with a couple of his cassette dudes behind him.

Supposedly thats allready happening. I forget the director's name, but I think it's supposed to release in 2007. (Live action transformers) and rumor has it that its G1 characters. But theres been alot of concern about them butchering the storyline and character line up too much. But thats always something hardcore fans worry about. Theyve had so many generations of TF's and even altenate "re-tellings" of the story that they'll never please everyone. The non TF informed will need time consuming character introductions to know whats up and feel for the characters, the original tv show viewers will expect something different than those who grew up w/ Beast Wars/Beast machines or Armada or the new "Cybertron" series. The people that read the original comic know a much different storyline than the ones who didnt buy the comics but watched the show and the original movie etc. Obviously alot of CGI will be involved. But I'll give it a shot when it comes out. I've been a fan for 22 years. Just look at my avatar and screen name for cyring out loud.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Supposedly thats allready happening. I forget the director's name, but I think it's supposed to release in 2007. (Live action transformers) and rumor has it that its G1 characters. But theres been alot of concern about them butchering the storyline and character line up too much. But thats always something hardcore fans worry about. Theyve had so many generations of TF's and even altenate "rettellings" of the story that they'll never please everyone. The non TF informed will need time consuming character introductions to know whats up and feel for the characters, the original tv show viewers will expect something different than those who grew up w/ Beast Wars/Beast machines or Armada or the new "Cybertron" series. The people that read the original comic know a much different storyline than the ones who didnt buy the comics but watched the show and the original movie etc. Obviously alot of CGI will be involved. But I'll give it a shot when it comes out. I've been a fan for 22 years. Just look at my avatar and screen name for cyring out loud.

I want straight up ol' cartoon battles. I was raised on those.."You got the FIGHT!!Duh, duh. Duh, duh. You got the Pooooooower!!!" (TF fans will know what I'm talking about)

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You mean, "You got the touch!".. ;)

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

That was so awesome when he said that. It made me want to go around saying that in an english accent to everyone I see. (but I didnt because most people wouldnt get the refference.)

phasar

Awards
  • Established
Supposedly thats allready happening. I forget the director's name, but I think it's supposed to release in 2007. (Live action transformers) and rumor has it that its G1 characters. But theres been alot of concern about them butchering the storyline and character line up too much. But thats always something hardcore fans worry about. Theyve had so many generations of TF's and even altenate "re-tellings" of the story that they'll never please everyone. The non TF informed will need time consuming character introductions to know whats up and feel for the characters, the original tv show viewers will expect something different than those who grew up w/ Beast Wars/Beast machines or Armada or the new "Cybertron" series. The people that read the original comic know a much different storyline than the ones who didnt buy the comics but watched the show and the original movie etc. Obviously alot of CGI will be involved. But I'll give it a shot when it comes out. I've been a fan for 22 years. Just look at my avatar and screen name for cyring out loud.
i hear ya..........i hear ya. i'm an old, horney bastard now. but back in the day when i was between like 9-17 years old, man i was such a harsh fan. it was all i could think about it.

i have a horrible tale to tell, that involves crime, deceit & betrayal. when i was around 10 years old, i stole my classmates' Soundwave. Then it got out of hand, and there was gonna be a bag check, and i got scared and threw soundwave out the window, and the cassette thingy in the middle sort of got busted. it was horrible...........

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH. And there was this time when i was like 12, and i was in a shopping mall in bellingham. I tried to steal a tiny transformer car, and got caught. And after pleading and crying for like 10 minutes, the nice store lady let me off!!! I was so relieved she didn't notify my dad, who was in the store.

So as the story goes, one might assume i would continue my wicked unethical ways, but the funny thing is....NO!!! i never stole again, and i never even cheated in school. When i was in uni a guy was trying to help me, (it's stupid, the exams are in theatres) but i wouldn't cheat. and after, he was like "you dumb prick, why didn't you look?" but i just didn't want to cheat. Who would have thought.

it would be funny if i had that nice store ladies contact and wrote to her "thank you for letting me off, you changed my life"...... she would probably write back "yeah, well there was this other prick i let off, who came back to get caught.......TWICE MORE..... so don't come to my store ever again, regardless of your age, and further more, that was 20 years ago, i'm a manager of a bank now, even more so i don't want to hear from you ever again...you lucky little petty thief you."

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established
i hear ya..........i hear ya. i'm an old, horney bastard now. but back in the day when i was between like 9-17 years old, man i was such a harsh fan. it was all i could think about it.

i have a horrible tale to tell, that involves crime, deceit & betrayal. when i was around 10 years old, i stole my classmates' Soundwave. Then it got out of hand, and there was gonna be a bag check, and i got scared and threw soundwave out the window, and the cassette thingy in the middle sort of got busted. it was horrible...........

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH. And there was this time when i was like 12, and i was in a shopping mall in bellingham. I tried to steal a tiny transformer car, and got caught. And after pleading and crying for like 10 minutes, the nice store lady let me off!!! I was so relieved she didn't notify my dad, who was in the store.

So as the story goes, one might assume i would continue my wicked unethical ways, but the funny thing is....NO!!! i never stole again, and i never even cheated in school. When i was in uni a guy was trying to help me, (it's stupid, the exams are in theatres) but i wouldn't cheat. and after, he was like "you dumb prick, why didn't you look?" but i just didn't want to cheat. Who would have thought.

it would be funny if i had that nice store ladies contact and wrote to her "thank you for letting me off, you changed my life"...... she would probably write back "yeah, well there was this other prick i let off, who came back to get caught.......TWICE MORE..... so don't come to my store ever again, regardless of your age, and further more, that was 20 years ago, i'm a manager of a bank now, even more so i don't want to hear from you ever again...you lucky little petty thief you."

Well you "Embraced the true nature of your spark", and gave up your evil ways. Optimus would be proud. "Till all are one!"

JK