Where do you guys lift/train?

dieseldude

Awards
I thought this would be a cool thread to start.
I work Daimler Chrysler Power Systems, we have a joint owned "Fitness Center" right on company grounds.
The best part is no excuses for missing days, i have been training atleast 4 days per week for the last 5 years. Ill bet im in there 10- 15 hours per week including a class or two.
They have a great staff, Nutritionists on hand as well as Physical Therapists.
They even offer some great cardiovascular classes as well as some challenging power Yoga/ Stretching classes.
Indoor cushioned 1/16 mile track, all we need is a pool.
I still train at some local gyms in the area, but this is home.
What about you guys, where do you train?
Mike

Attachments

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
nice move by Daimler, that looks like the fucking ****... awesome place man... I'm all over the place, as the university's (OK State) fitness/training/athletics/etc center is currently being renovated... when I'm near Oklahoma City (which I am quite often) I'll stop in and use Univ. Central Oklahoma's new multimillion dollar facility... that thing is fuckin nice nice... yup, there's my story.

Havok

Awards
I used to lift at my cousins, but all he has is a weider machine
so I started at our school fieldhouse and that was ok, cept they started closing early and I can't lift during school.
So now I recently joined a local gym called Art's Gym

small, but has everything, and the times I go I have anything I need, never have to wait

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
I lift/train at the YMCA and at my Apartments gym as well. We are looking to buy a house at which time I will start building my home gym. The YMCA is a great place although the gym does leave some to be desired.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
I like the Y, but the problem is they're all so different... some are alright, some are completely and utterly underfunded and have absolutely nothing in the way of appropriate equipment... it's really quite odd.

dieseldude

Awards
Y's definately need some guidlines, i say start running them like a franchise..........
I forgot to tell you guys my membership for the year is $75.00:eek:
Too much? j/k!

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, my Y is pretty darn close to complete, lacking just a few things. The downside is that it is old and so many kids running around unchecked it gets old. I may switch to the brand new Golds Gym that just opened recently. I hate 24 hour fitness in my town and the other gym, the courthouse, is to glammy for me.

Havok

Awards
Yeah, I would like to go toa 24, nice hours lol

But this one is like 2 mins from my house, and im still a student,
the nearest one besides that is 24hr, which is 15-20mins away

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
i work out at a locally owned gym memphis fitness center that was once a gold's franchise. it's pretty nice 'cause they have most stuff you'd want. nuthin fancy like a pool or hot tub...one reason i liked gold's is when i go outta town i could workout at the golds for free and you can just about always depend on them havin good equipment. one thing i like at my gym is folks put the weights back after use...i checked out the 24 hour here but its too crowded and was more like a pretty boy gym...but the 45# plates painted powder blue were the last straw

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
when in ny, i train at new york university's new gym on 14th street. Small, looks good, but very amateur. (example: one squat rack, no real leg press machine, only recently received dumbbells to 110lbs only, more lifefitness machine than a bus-load of lesbians could dream of) It gets the job done. At home, just outside seattle, i lift at a local town gym where again its fairly small, however, covers all the essentials while only costing me 18 bucks a month. SOLID (plus, there are milfs all day.....;) ) Sage

zeromagnus

Board Supporter
Awards
I lift at a gym owned by the local hospital. I call it a prissy gym. Just recently got a power rack. Not many people use it so I have taken it over. Crap load of treadmills/bikes and weight machines. Just got some Nautilus "machines" that use plates. Dumbbells go to 100 then jump to 115 then to 125, and that's it. Definately not enough plates at the place for the amount of machines and crap. I always have to run around, searching for the plates I need. Has a pool, spa, and like a smaller pool for classes/rehab. Another area, forgot the name, where they do kickboxing and dance and crap. Half a basketball court. Two tennis courts outside. A room where they have spinning classes. Steam/sauna rooms in each locker room. Compared to everything else, the dumbbell and freeweight area is like maybe 1/12 of the gym. I don't know, it's crap; not enough room.

spike1205

Awards
I train at bally's--years ago my uncle tranfered his lifetime membership to me--i only pay 60 bucks a month so i cant beat it. Teh other gym in the area is more of a pretty boy gym so ballys is filled with old folks and, like sage--plenty of MILFS, the equipment is alright and it doesnt usually get so crowded

Draven

Awards
  • Established
^Bump, me too. I train at the Bally's here in T.O where they shoot all the commercials. For like 3 weeks now they've had cameras and **** everywhere filming, maybe I'll make it in the commercial. :D

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
^Bump, me too. I train at the Bally's here in T.O where they shoot all the commercials. For like 3 weeks now they've had cameras and **** everywhere filming, maybe I'll make it in the commercial. :D
can i have your autograph?:p :D

James Barlow

Awards
This place has been open a little over a year. It's kind of small, but I workout at lunch when it's pretty empty.

They just opened the basement with dumbbells, which is really cool. You walk down this old staircase into the basement. No windows, very low ceiling, and lots of weights.

www.thepumphousegym.com

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I'll have to bump the Y. In my town the YMCA is sweet. Everythings new and they constantly pour money back into it.

deftone

Awards
some of the Y's here in charlotte are nice and I can't complain for only 20 a month

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I lift at home, my basement dungeon. I have a body-solid smith press (yeah yeah it's a smith, but when alone they're nice) with all kinds of attachments and goodies, a set of DB's up to 100 (need more so I just use BB for the heavy lifts now) and a pretty good nordic track treadmill I just bought last year. I can do anything I can do at the gym, no lines and no driving :)

If I go to the gym it's usually the YMCA or we have this local chain called Woody's, very kickass gyms.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
**** damn, sure would be nice to have a home gym... or a basement, for that matter

andro69

andro69

Awards
  • Established
**** damn, sure would be nice to have a home gym... or a basement, for that matter
Yeah it is. I used to workout at Bally's but waiting for people on machines was too much. I guess I'm alittle impatient. I have a sweet Nautilus setup I got at Costco. It's a rack for squats and benches with a lat machine attached. Bench goes from flat to decline, to incline with a preacher set-up and leg curls. Oh and a 250lb olympic weight set. It was hard to pass up for 300 bucks.

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
If I had a home gym, I would try to build my own equipment... I think that would be fun...built some racks, get some pulleys, etc... Then just pick up the olympic set and dumbells...

Out here in Illinois, they have a chain of places called Lifetime fitness...definitely for people who have some extra money to blow, but the services are excellent. This place has like 4 basketball courts, a full size climbing wall, steam room, sauna, two different hot tubs, lap pool, indoor wading/play pool, a shitload of machines and free weights, a tanning bed, salon, cafe, etc... Its one bad mofo! My girl used to work there, so I would get in for free (otherwise, 20 bucks for the day) and I would chill there for a few hours each time. Get the lift in and just relax... Hell, they even have a lounge in the locker room with a tv and leather couches...

WYD

dieseldude

Awards
We have a Lifetime Fitness about 4 miles from the house, i cant even train there, i dont see how anyone can. There are so many 19-30 hotties in this place im afraid of dropping plates on my feet. God bless good scenery but its too much in Novi Mi. (not that im complaining):eek:

Maybe someone will correct me, but i think its 900.00 per year for a membership. It is a great place full of all the latest equiptment like WYD points out but its a little on the high.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by dieseldude
We have a Lifetime Fitness about 4 miles from the house, i cant even train there, i dont see how anyone can. There are so many 19-30 hotties in this place im afraid of dropping plates on my feet. God bless good scenery but its too much in Novi Mi. (not that im complaining):eek:
Man that's like that chain Woody's we have....TOO MANY hotties! I, in all honesty, just can't focus at all. Every time I go there for any reason now I almost hurt myself :D

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by jweave23

Man that's like that chain Woody's we have....TOO MANY hotties! I, in all honesty, just can't focus at all. Every time I go there for any reason now I almost hurt myself :D
That's why the YMCA is good place. Serioulsy, no hotties there, anywhere....LOL!

garyrabbit

Awards
Training at home is really nice-no waiting or plates laying on the floor.
Took about a year to get my set-up that I have,searching for the best deals and sale prices(I'm a cheap MF at times:p )

Here's my set-up
Weider Pro 9940 2 Station Universal Machine w/2 wgt stacks
has High Pulley,Low Pulley,Ab Crunch Pulley
Leg Press,Lat Station,Bench Press,Pec Deck
Leg Extension/Leg Curl

Smith Machine (yea I know,but a good spotter when alone)
has Dip Station,High & Low Pulleys

Flat-Decline-Incline Bench w/Fly Attachments & Leg Ext & Curl

Ab Bench Flat-Decline

Weslo Cadence 450 Treadmill

Stamina 890 Stationary Bike

5' & 7' Barbell

E-Z Bar & Tricep Bar

4pr Dumbell Handles w/Spin Locks

600lbs of Standard Plates (and still getting more ;) )

That's it a sweet deal I can get my workouts at anytime i want)

Peace

deftone

Awards

That's why the YMCA is good place. Serioulsy, no hotties there, anywhere....LOL!
That's crazy, In Charlotte the Y is known for being loaded with ladies and a ton of MILF's if you go in the mid-morning:D

Dr of Golf

Awards
I train at home in my home gym. I will put up some pics as soon as the wife takes them and then gets them developed. ;)

Bryan

Awards
I train at World Gym, Amazing gym, I fall in love with it more and more each time I go. They must have 200 20kg plates in that place hehe and DB's that go up to 155lbs(I think)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Originally posted by windwords7

Not even those guys walking around dressed like cops, bikers, indians and such?

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by dsade

LMFAO!!! :D

The mental picture alone had me in tears, good one. :eek: :D

txwakeskater

Awards
I have a home gym with a squat rack...Db's..BB's.. 2 benches...Lat pulldown...chinup bar..dip "station" hehe and a leg curl machine.. thas about it.

Oh yes i just got a membership to the raquetball & Fitness.. Hey i got hooked up :D

so i now reside at Raquetball :D

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Gold's Gym in Boston, right behind Fenway Park's Green Monster!!

Ok, so I sound alittle too happy right then, I actually hate my gym, but it's borderline healthclub/hardcore, so it'll do..

Once they decide to have Family Day, Member cook-outs, and newsletters, I'm outta there!

phil216

Awards
  • Established
I workout at Sonny's sweat shop. They do not have a sauna or anything like that. It is a great place to have an intense workout. It is a small hardcore gym in Jersey City, NJ. If you are ever in the neighborhood stop by.

labrad

Awards
  • Established
24 Hour Fitness for me. It's ok. I wish it were more hardcore. Still it has everyhing I need.

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
Used to work out at Bally, free cuz wifey worked there. Now Gold's.

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by dsade

LMAO!!!!

institutional

Awards
i workout at champions gym in ann arbor. pretty hardcore spot, lots of competitive bber's, but also lots of wimpy college kids! nice mix. a few ladies here and there, but they mostly look like dudes anyways!,,i cant believe you guys are complaining of too many hot looking woman at some gyms, man thats more motivating to me!:D

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
We use to have a gym out here called Logue's Gym. Small, hot, no windows, much chalk, much weights, and ear bleed music. It was freakin perfect, but the cops busted the owner to many times for roids so it went under.
I went to Bally's and they suck out here, then Worlds Gym and they were always crowded from the time they opened to the time they closed, now I'm at 24 hour. No hotties, suck ass music, very few hardcore lifters, but I got a deal on a Priemer membership at 11 BUCKS A MONTH. Lots of weights and no waiting for the squat rack.

khafra

Awards
Odom fitness center on post. Small, but free, and DB from 10-170 in 5-10 lb increments--and definitely no women anywhere near the distracting level of pulchritude.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I work out at Bally's because my firnd who worked there got me a $15 a month membership to all clubs. The one I go to is 15 minutes from my house, but it has great equipment which is underused because there's like a 4:1 ration of women to men :D . The chicks motivate me, they don't distract me ;)

labrad

Awards
  • Established
I work out at Bally's because my firnd who worked there got me a $15 a month membership to all clubs. The one I go to is 15 minutes from my house, but it has great equipment which is underused because there's like a 4:1 ration of women to men :D . The chicks motivate me, they don't distract me ;)
24 Hour Fitness has some hot chicks, but it doesn't have a 4:1 ratio of women to men. Makes me want to consider switching gyms. Too bad, I have heard so many horror stories about Bally's. Besides, I oftentimes work out with my GF, and I already get in enough trouble scoping out other chicks. :D

spoofy

Awards
im at 24 hourfitness as well. For the most part i enjoy it

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
i workout mainly at my house which has bench w/ squat rack and all assesories w/ bench, dummbells and dumbbell bench, bikes, treds, powerhouse (dip machine and pull up bar in one), and about 5 machines that my mom believed would work after viewing infomercials late at night that dont do much of nothing, surrounded by a huge gameroom, personal AC, computer, and movie room :D

other than that we have 4 gyms around here, all in which my good friends work at ... so i can go there for free. i do that sometimes to meet new people, get new ideas, or try something different some days when i get bored at home.

destro19

destro19

Awards
My Gyms called Supreme Sports Club but ist should be called fattass coffee club, for 35 and older people who wanna get toned, not satisfied with there life, wife, gay lover or children, cardio all fucking afternoon, never lift hard, gawk at the big guy, swap work stories, wear fanny packs and spandex, grunt lifing 35lb dumbels and a couple of fine chicks who always finish when i get there GYM.