Chat room and stealth mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

labrad

Awards
  • Established
I do not like the fact that bros' can enter the chat room in "stealth" mode. I can not see any purpose that it serves. Further, I feel that it stifles conversation. It's like my phones are tapped. The bros' that know me, can attest to the fact that if I have a problem with someone I will say it to their face. Lord knows I have gotten in some hot water, b/c of this. Maybe I am just a paranoid f*ck (probably am). Starting to ramble here so...

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
MODS may have reason to enter the chat invisible. The rest is debatable.

labrad

Awards
  • Established
I don't see the reason but anyway. I guess that is why I am not a mod.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
meh, it needs to be there IMO, didn't know bros could sit in there invis but mods are perfectly acceptable... the board (along with AU) will only get bigger, so it's all good. I don't give a ****, shouldn't keep you from saying anything, they're all level headed (except for weave but well... that's a different story :D )

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Biggin
they're all level headed (except for weave but well... that's a different story :D )
Hey now, I saw that!! Don't make me politely ask you to explain what you may mean in a positive manner, cause I'll do it, I'm crazy like that! :D :D

BTW I've went into chat a few times in invisible mode, and don't flatter yourselves guys.......you're not that interesting! :shoot: :saw:

Actually when I go in invisible mode I always say hi anyway :) And to my knowldege only mods can do that.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I just like the green glow it gives my name..

Do we really need a chatroom? ****, if you're over 21, meet me at Jillian's, down by Fenway Park... First round is on me.. ;)

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
Pete, you're cool as **** and all... but I ain't drivin that fuckin far buddy! chat room stays funk plunk! :D

C-bizzle

Banned
Awards
Don't like it? Then don't go in the fucking chat room.

Simple, no?

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Jillians good spot Pete. If I ever see a big shirtless mutha hanging around there I'll say hi.

labrad

Awards
  • Established

Hey now, I saw that!! Don't make me politely ask you to explain what you may mean in a positive manner, cause I'll do it, I'm crazy like that! :D :D

BTW I've went into chat a few times in invisible mode, and don't flatter yourselves guys.......you're not that interesting! :shoot: :saw:

Actually when I go in invisible mode I always say hi anyway :) And to my knowldege only mods can do that.
One time Jweave you admitted to me that you were "lurking" w/o saying "hi", and I called you a f*cker. Not trying to rag on you (b/c I am a fan of yours). Just trying to prove a point. I still don't see a reason for the stealth mode. Mod or no mod.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by labrad

One time Jweave you admitted to me that you were "lurking" w/o saying "hi", and I called you a f*cker. Not trying to rag on you (b/c I am a fan of yours). Just trying to prove a point. I still don't see a reason for the stealth mode. Mod or no mod.
Yeah, I was. I got in to see who was in there, chat if I felt like it. What's your point? If you think it's a "big brother"-ish kind of thing, then just remember that mods can see your details otherwsie, that's part of the job, get over it.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Get over it and stop acting like little paranoid children. That goes for people who don't like AND who bump this post.

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to be there tonight, wearing my green suit and spying on everyone!

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
still not sure what exactly the issue is...? that it's too hard to talk to someone when their name appears in green and you can't see them in the sidebar? or that when a mod uses an administrative option like invis chat , the bros feel somehow sleighted? it is an abuse of power to not know if your convo is potentially being watched? if so, why? like I said before, it never stopped me from saying anything (not that I said anything important to begin with, but I AM in there all the fucking time), these guys are all cool so why be uncomfortable? it's not like they're sitting there booting people for the hell of it (which we know a certain guy in the past was apt to do)

people, as we also know, can be extremely two faced (not you of course Labrad, and I'm sorry that you are primarily the one so offended by this) and the real personality of the occasional asshole would never be revealed when they always see a mod in there... usually of course this isn't necessary because there's more or less a standard crew of late night chatters and the guys are just fuckin around, BUT, this chat is not just an anaminds chat and as everything continues to grow and this chat is potentially linked to more boards... that's all I'm sayin. besides this is the best mod crew around (still unbiased, I swear :D ), no reason to be paranoid unless you have somethin to hide.

Status
Not open for further replies.