When Do You Listen To The Radio?

If you were going to make it a point to listen to a radio show - when would you?

• Mornings - Weekends

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Afternoons - Weekends

• Evenings - Weekends

• Total voters

triceptor

Radio Host
Awards
  • Established
If you were going to make it a point to tune into a radio show about training / nutrition / performance enhancing drugs - when would you be most likely to do so?

I have an opportunity for my show to be picked up by a few new radio stations. Right now I'm looking at Phoenix AZ, Charlotte NC and Jacksonville FL. The time slots available are critical so I figured I'd ask those who would be my potential audience. Whether you're in one of these cities or not, I'm asking for your feedback.

Also aside from voting any additional feedback that you may be able to post as it relates to your current radio listening habits would be much appreciated - such as shows you currenlty tune in to, etc..

Thanks
Carl

karategirl

karategirl

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I don't have TV and my main source of news documentaries is from NPR.
I tend to always have it turned on Sunday nights when I am getting ready for my work week.
Other than that, something that is during the evening is more likely to be heard, as I can't listen during work hours.

triceptor

Radio Host
Awards
  • Established
I don't have TV and my main source of news documentaries is from NPR.
I tend to always have it turned on Sunday nights when I am getting ready for my work week.
Other than that, something that is during the evening is more likely to be heard, as I can't listen during work hours.
I like NPR on Sturday mornings. Would you listen to a show on Saturday? And if so, what time of day do you think?

Thanks for the response KG!

karategirl

karategirl

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Oh yeh, Car talk is at 11am on Saturday mornings, I always have to tune in for that.

triceptor

Radio Host
Awards
  • Established
Oh yeh, Car talk is at 11am on Saturday mornings, I always have to tune in for that.
Those two guys are funny. Click and clack the tappet brothers. I listen to them on the way to the gym every Saturday morning.

I also like This America Life which I listen to after doing my show on the drive home Saturday afternoon.

I realy like NPR. Quality radio. I use Ira Flato's Science Friday as an example for my show. He can reduce the most scientifically complex stuff into easy to understand bytes. That's a real talent that i hope to develop over time.

karategirl

karategirl

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeh I catch the science when I can, but its usually on during work hours.
I am a science geek, and so I love stuff like that :)

MTNMEDIC

Im a DX'er and will forever love radio. PM is the best time imo.

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Is there a reason that this is in the transdermal forum?? :blink:

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Is there a reason that this is in the transdermal forum?? :blink:
Probably would be better if put in the general chat. Triceptor usually lives in this forum specifically for his knowledge on transdermals, also his SHR show is directly linked to Phlojel Ultra. Perhaps it would get more attention if shown in the General Chat thread.

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
Ususally for me it's during the evenings on weekdays. Usually listen to hip-hop stations like hot 103.9 or 103.5. Best hip-hop stations in Oklahoma. Anyways, just somehting to get me through the night at work.

Pitbull954

Pitbull954

Awards
  • Established
Early mornings, or whenever I'm in my car.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
I listen to the radio during my commute (alternating npr, air america and music).

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
And why is this thread in 'Transdermals'?? :D Moving to General Chat...

And as for the question I never listen to the radio because I can't stand the ****ing commercials every 15 seconds. Maybe one day Ill get XM or Sirius, but until then its CD's only for me!

Spartan117

Awards
I listen to the radio every morning, but it is Sirius. I couldn't stand the free radio anymore. I doubt that helps you very much, but that is when I listen.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Actually for me, only when im in the car, and then outside we have a bose system that I turn on when working outside.