Inspirational Books

bulls**t

bulls**t

Awards
  • Established
Whats up guys,

The girl Im dating is going through a real hard time in her life, father passed away, graduating college, full time job that requires a lot of travel away from friends and family, etc. you get the idea.

She is depressed and anxious and is always worrying about things that are out of her control.

Anyone have any good inspirational books you have read or heard about to help put a perspective on things. We are both Christian, so if they are religious oriented I dont mind.

Thanks for the help.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Motorcycle Diaries is something she would gain a lot from, I think.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
"Journey of souls" by Michael Newton. You said you are christians, you'll like this book for sure.

Lightning

Awards
This may be a little off subject but- My sister was going through a really rough patch and yoga worked for her. I was a little skeptical but there definitely was a difference in her outlook afterwards.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not to sound sarcastic, but the Bible is always a good one.

Here's a couple passages that might help with what she's going through:
John 11:25,26
Psalm 34

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Never alone [ame="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0385476833/ref=pd_cps_gw_2/102-2799086-0544152?v=glance&s=books"]http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0385476833/ref=pd_cps_gw_2/102-2799086-0544152?v=glance&s=books[/ame]

Or any of the Joshua series.

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
WOW I was about to say "The way pf the peacfull warrior" ANd now I sse there is a movie coming out based on that book. There is an Ad on AM right above mt text as I type. What a trip. I hope they don't kill the story.

csly

Awards
Hi,
A wonderful Christian book is The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren. This book and its accompaning Bible study program really helped me gain a greater sense of peace(I needed it badly). I have an extra copy of this book and would be more than willing to send it to you for free. I will pay for postage and everything. This is the best book I have ever read, it studies the purposes God made us for. And by knowing these purposes and pursuing them, we gain peace.

You, Lord, give perfect peace to those who keep their purpose firm and put their trust in you.
Isaiah 26:3 TEV

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
The Chicken Soup series is fantastic...helped me through my bets friend's death...