How to pick-up girls at the Gym

Kam

Kam

Awards
  • Established
While I was finishing my workout today doing my cardio in the treadmill/bike room i was noticing a very cute short blond i took a couple glances at her and when I finished my workout she hurried and finished her workout, we somewhat walked out together. She went through the door and read something between the two doors and I walk by her saying "excuse me" as nice as i could. I didn't know what to say to her. As being I've lost any game if I ever had any because of the 4 year relationship I was just in that was just ended.

besides "look at my massive muscles" (jp) what can i say to her that would be appropriate in the gym.

Is it a coincidince that she left at the same time and we exchanged a couple glances. I could just be funny looking.

I wish I was as in shape as I would like to be, but i've lost the gut and my arms are pretty big.

to get to the point, what do you guys say if anything to women while at the gym and what was there responses.

theragingbull

Awards
I dont go too the gym too meet women I'm there to take care of my body

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
situational openers are typically a bad idea...

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, IMO, the gym pick-up line is simply not a good idea. It is far too awkward, because most likely she is going to the gym for the same reason you are: to better herself, not to meet someone. Best chance you have is to ask her for a spot when you will genuinely need at, and not come off as being a braggart or show-off. But, the only way that will work is if nobody else is around, because if you are putting up 315 you definitely aren't going to ask a 105lb woman for a spot. OR..You could ask her about her form on those hip abductor machines. I recently had to start doing them for this power routine I'm on, and probably looked like a duck out of water.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
First look to see if there's a ring or tan marks indicating a ring and then if it happens a couple of times like this. Just walk up and ask if she isn't seeing anyone and isn't busy if she would like to have some coffee or lunch.

If you're meeting her at the gym you both should be too tired to listen to conversation fillers.

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
well.. i think you would do it like you would pick up anything at the gym.. make sure you lift with your knees!!!!!:food:

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Just say "Hi" and introduce yourself. At the very least, you've gotten her name and can say hi when you see eachother. That's how just about all of my relationships have started.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
To add onto my first post, I can tell you that my gf WILL NOT goto a regular gym because she despises all the guys oogling her. So, you definitely do not want to come off like that.

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
First look to see if there's a ring or tan marks indicating a ring and then if it happens a couple of times like this. Just walk up and ask if she isn't seeing anyone and isn't busy if she would like to have some coffee or lunch.

If you're meeting her at the gym you both should be too tired to listen to conversation fillers.

Makes sense to me. I'd go with this approach.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
While I was finishing my workout today doing my cardio in the treadmill/bike room i was noticing a very cute short blond i took a couple glances at her and when I finished my workout she hurried and finished her workout, we somewhat walked out together. She went through the door and read something between the two doors and I walk by her saying "excuse me" as nice as i could. I didn't know what to say to her. As being I've lost any game if I ever had any because of the 4 year relationship I was just in that was just ended.

besides "look at my massive muscles" (jp) what can i say to her that would be appropriate in the gym.

Is it a coincidince that she left at the same time and we exchanged a couple glances. I could just be funny looking.

I wish I was as in shape as I would like to be, but i've lost the gut and my arms are pretty big.

to get to the point, what do you guys say if anything to women while at the gym and what was there responses.
A hi how are you always works. The most straight forward approach is the best one. Lines are just that lines. Also visit sosuave.com def helps with confidence.

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Ok I figured I'd go a bit more in depth on my response. Situation openers are generally not a good idea, but rarely they can work well. I'd try to stay away for the most part.

Jayhawkk's comment it definately pretty good advice and has the potential to work depending on the girl and how you say it. For example, if you decide to use this approach you'll want to ask "Are you single?" rather than "Do you have a b/f"...Also it's hard to provide an approach without knowing how "hot" this girl is. I'm not big on rating girls, but asking a 6 out for some coffee or lunch right away will probabaly work, while asking a 10 the same question will usually send her running most of the time, regardless of if she's initially intersted.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Ah the resident pimp.

Ok I figured I'd go a bit more in depth on my response. Situation openers are generally not a good idea, but rarely they can work well. I'd try to stay away for the most part.

Jayhawkk's comment it definately pretty good advice and has the potential to work depending on the girl and how you say it. For example, if you decide to use this approach you'll want to ask "Are you single?" rather than "Do you have a b/f"...Also it's hard to provide an approach without knowing how "hot" this girl is. I'm not big on rating girls, but asking a 6 out for some coffee or lunch right away will probabaly work, while asking a 10 the same question will usually send her running most of the time, regardless of if she's initially intersted.

rocketscientist

Awards
Think Anchorman

- sorry... I know you're serious...

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, IMO, the gym pick-up line is simply not a good idea. It is far too awkward, because most likely she is going to the gym for the same reason you are: to better herself
Not if you go to FSU haha. I must say the girls at the University gym are in full makeup, hair done, and always cute little pink and black outfits : :woohoo: D

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Women LIKE to be talked to but especially like to be LISTENED to. Strike up a conversation that will involve her telling you about herself. IMO

Worst that can happen is you will not hit it off, then you will know, instead of thinking about her in the shower while you handle your mangina. :D

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Never say, "Look at my massive muscles." This sends the signal that you're more interested in yourself than in her, which is gonna make her think you're not interested in a commitment, but a quick piece of ass.

"Hi" and "How are you today" are always a good conversation starters. If you'd really like to pick up a date with this girl, try hooking her into a simple conversation. After talking for a few minutes and successfully getting into good conversation, cut the conversation short (you don't want to waste her time, or lose her interest). Tell her you'd like to continue your conversation at a later time. Hopefully she like you, and you two can set up a time to meet for coffee, lunch, or something, or just exchange phone numbers.

If you can't get a good conversation going, don't try to force it, that's like putting the square peg in the round hole, just give up and say you'll see her next time you two workout together. At least you actually worked up the courage to talk to this girl, and didn't come off as an a-hole to her.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
And whatever you do don't follow roid monkey's advice of narcotics in the drinks and smacking them around.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Women LIKE to be talked to but especially like to be LISTENED to. Strike up a conversation that will involve her telling you about herself. IMO

Worst that can happen is you will not hit it off, then you will know, instead of thinking about her in the shower while you handle your mangina. :D
I think you should be alright as long as you don't say the word "mangina" around them..

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah lord knows how many times I have slipped in an accidental, "My mangina is long and strong" comment..Screws you over, every time.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah lord knows how many times I have slipped in an accidental, "My mangina is long and strong" comment..Screws you over, every time.
Especially once you've picked them up like a six pack - and then describe the origins of San Diego.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you guys are going to give me a bad rep for what I said, at least say what was wrong about it.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If you guys are going to give me a bad rep for what I said, at least say what was wrong about it.
Not me, I'm just having fun. At the end of the day, a laugh is welcome relief.

If one is serious about this, the best way to meet someone is just to treat them the way you would like to be treated, and do so honestly. If you blow a bunch of sunshine at someone, even if they believe it, they'll eventually see through the veneer.

okboy63

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If you can't muster the will to say anything. Brush up against her butt and don't apologize as you walk alway. They know what that could mean and if not they will wonder.
Don't be blatant about it or it will be a Mike tyson moment. Anybody can stumble right. Maybe you were thinking about important stuff. So you have some excuses.
Convey the message that you want her sexually in some way

If she passes by later and makes google eyes at you. All Money
If not then at least you didn't get a face to face rejection.
Yes treat them like you want to be treated I agree.
I want her to rub her boobs in my face and grab my crotch

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hahaha..Yeah, I think that might be a better way to cop a sexual harrassment lawasuit as opposed to a feel

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
tell her that working out is like cumming. she'll be immediately impressed by your passion for the gym.

or she'll slap you. ;)

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tell her something like "Ya know, I truly feel that GHB has gotten a bad rep among the sexually active female community"...Wait, that's something that Saluu, The Roid Monkey would have said.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If one is serious about this, the best way to meet someone is just to treat them the way you would like to be treated, and do so honestly. If you blow a bunch of sunshine at someone, even if they believe it, they'll eventually see through the veneer.
I totally agree with you, and that wasn't what I was trying to get at in that post.

Kam seems like you're typical, humble "Nice Guy". There's nothing wrong with that at all. That was my title all throughout my highschool and into college. For years it took me a long time to figure out what was wrong with how I had been handling myself withthe opposite sex. In college, I had the opportunity to see a seminar by David Coleman, the Dating Doctor, and learned a great deal about my problems. The two major things I had learned, which I don't think you guys are picking up from my post are the following:

1) You can't be afraid to break the ice.
2) If you give too much up front, you'll never be perceived as a potential partner. That's why I am for cutting the conversation short: 1- so you have something to talk about later and 2- so you don't give up too much up front.

By no means do I advocate being a phony or a player and leading this poor girl on.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I concur with the Sinbad (sorry man, I had to, at least once) on both fronts. And most especially not giving away the farm in the first conversation, if you tell her everything about herself in the first five minutes then all the allure of your personality leaves. And I especially agree with the being yourself aspect, the less lies you tell, the less you will have to cover up later.

okboy63

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Don't be scared off by a little pepper spray Kam. Grab her ass and communicate non verbally that you could have her anytime you want.
Your a viking(or something else manly) not a girlie man.
Pretend you just pillaged a village and now need to relax with a woman and she would do just fine.
If its a first offense you can't do any serious jail time or anything.

Tighe

Tighe

Awards
Kam I'll punch you in the spleen if you go around starting ass-grabbery like that. :trout:

karategirl

karategirl

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I am a girl.
I go to the gym.
I do not go there to pick up guys, but to work out hard.
However, if I were to be on the lookout, I would probably give a smile, or gaze to the person I thought was hot.
If he then came up to me and said "hi" I would show I was interested by holding a conversation with him.
If he happened to mention that he usully goes to a certain coffee bar after his workout, I would reply with a "meet you there" if I was interested, or a "sorry I'm busy" if I wasn't.
Easy

SHADOW2492

Awards
Bump into her and say sorry did my muscles get in the way. LoL can anyone guess that I am single?

If you can't muster the will to say anything. Brush up against her butt and don't apologize as you walk alway. They know what that could mean and if not they will wonder.
Don't be blatant about it or it will be a Mike tyson moment. Anybody can stumble right. Maybe you were thinking about important stuff. So you have some excuses.
Convey the message that you want her sexually in some way

If she passes by later and makes google eyes at you. All Money
If not then at least you didn't get a face to face rejection.
Yes treat them like you want to be treated I agree.
I want her to rub her boobs in my face and grab my crotch
Nothing says I love you like sexual assault. :icon_lol:

PS if karate girl is nice enough I might let her bump into me.

Brent

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Bump into her and say sorry did my muscles get in the way. LoL can anyone guess that I am single?

That would probably work for me. The girl would find it pretty funny since I am so weak looking. :rofl:

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey karate girl, I know of this nice lil coffee shop down the road... j/k :p

Kam

Kam

Awards
  • Established
thanks for all the advice, i can't believe how many responses. Karate girl thanks for the words of wisdom. We shall see how it goes tommorow I will be at the same time same place tomorrow hopefully she is there. and thanks to everyone else you really gave me some ideas. besides the sexual harassment but for some that could be a plan b (behind bars)

But great advice, I might run into her tommorow and see if I get a smile and I'll go from there with a short no bs conversion.

I don't like to rate women but i would give her a 9.2

thanks again, i don't know how i'm going to look at her finger for a ring, but it's a college town so maybe 1 in 20 or so is married.

Would trying to ask her how she got in such great shape be over the top? probably. i'll keep it simple. thanks again

Kam

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
thanks for all the advice, i can't believe how many responses. Karate girl thanks for the words of wisdom. We shall see how it goes tommorow I will be at the same time same place tomorrow hopefully she is there. and thanks to everyone else you really gave me some ideas. besides the sexual harassment but for some that could be a plan b (behind bars)

But great advice, I might run into her tommorow and see if I get a smile and I'll go from there with a short no bs conversion.

I don't like to rate women but i would give her a 9.2

thanks again, i don't know how i'm going to look at her finger for a ring, but it's a college town so maybe 1 in 20 or so is married.

Would trying to ask her how she got in such great shape be over the top? probably. i'll keep it simple. thanks again

Kam
You can ask her how she got in great shape, but definately dont open with that...if you do bring this up during your very first conversation, this should be your only compliment....

Another little bit of advice, staring games are for high school, no doing what you did today. If you catch her looking, at least smile and do a slight nod if you're not yet comfortable appraoching her.

Also, guys have a tendency to look away/down right after their eyes meet with a girls. If this girl is really a 9.2, showing insecurity like that instantly blows you out.

Mess

Awards
  • Established
Don't be scared off by a little pepper spray Kam. Grab her ass and communicate non verbally that you could have her anytime you want.
Your a viking(or something else manly) not a girlie man.
Pretend you just pillaged a village and now need to relax with a woman and she would do just fine.
If its a first offense you can't do any serious jail time or anything.
:icon_lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :icon_lol:

hey okboy you are unbelivable

animalXXX

Awards
Well .. i don't know if picking up girls at the gym is such a good ideea. I've done it a few times, and each time it wasn't good afterwards. One girl became obsesed with me, and each time i'd go in i'd have to hide from her. Another one, that i only went out with once and decided not to see her anymore, started talking sht about me. So i had to change gyms for a while. When i go in, i don't need no drama. Just want to go in and hit it hard. But if you do wanna pick up chicks in the club, just follow Saluu's advice:

"chicks look for two things in side the club who is the biggest roid monkey if you have a big gorilla chest and arms the size of any black guys banana down under consider yourself laid"

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
How did you calculate that :blink:

Thats very complicated bro :wtf:

:p
The 9.2 rating is calculated by how many beers it takes for female in question to become attractive. ;)

karategirl

karategirl

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

Kam
Yes!

She is at a gym, if you hadn't figured that one out yet then she may think you are a bit dim :)

You just need some opening questions to see if she wants to meet outside of the gym.

Other suggestions may be:

"I heard there was a new restaurant opening in town, have you heard anything about it?"
Her response:
No - not good
No, but I have thought about trying it - good :)
Yes, and its terrible - at least you learned something.
Yes, would you like to go sometime? - Score!!!!

"I love the feeling that working out gives me, it just makes me feel alive"
If she responds and continues the conversation - good.
If she looks at you like you are a wierdo - bad.

See how simple it is :)

Good luck

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
that sosuave site is awsome, here is a link that was really helpful, just thought i should share it makes a lot of sense and goes along the same lines as the advice you all gave in here.

http://www.sosuave.com/articles/talktowomen.htm
No prob bro, I do all I can for my fellow Illini bros. I know Sosuave helped me when I was trying to test the waters def let me see how not to approach a girl. As I always the nice guy, and really no girl wants the nice guy. As the nice guy will always be stuck in the friend zone. And that gets you no where fast. Let your intentions be known, you want to get to know her, see if she is cool and SANE, and let it flow, don't rush anything and all should be well.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
can i just say (slightly off topic) that rating girls while out is one of the most fun things you can do (and yes i know what an ass i sound like .. but read on .. i sound like EVEN more of an ass)

most of my friends work in finance (places like Morgan, Goldman, UBS, Deutsche Bank, etc.) as i-bankers, salespeople, traders .. so what we do is see a girl and set a market price for her out of 10 and then give our bids of what we'd buy and sell at

i.e. that girl's market is set at 7.25
friend A - i'd buy her at 7.25
me - she's yours at 7.25, in fact i'd still sell her at 7
friend B - she's a steal at 7 .. i'm buy at 7.5

the market price is what we believe the general populus would buy her at .. our bids are obviously personal preference .. the girls we hang out with get furious with us over this .. which is funny in its own right because as soon as they get drunk they ask what their market is and what we'd buy them at lol

i know i sound like a jackass but i have the utmost respect for women and really do treat them all with an incredible amount of respect .. its just a fun way of evaluating hotness

drunk

Awards
most of my friends work in finance (places like Morgan, Goldman, UBS, Deutsche Bank, etc.) as i-bankers, salespeople, traders .. so what we do is see a girl and set a market price for her out of 10 and then give our bids of what we'd buy and sell at

i.e. that girl's market is set at 7.25
friend A - i'd buy her at 7.25
me - she's yours at 7.25, in fact i'd still sell her at 7
friend B - she's a steal at 7 .. i'm buy at 7.5

the market price is what we believe the general populus would buy her at .. our bids are obviously personal preference .. the girls we hang out with get furious with us over this .. which is funny in its own right because as soon as they get drunk they ask what their market is and what we'd buy them at lol
I worked in finance too. Me and my friends would actually do sort of the same thing using options. Like if we saw a hot woman a with an unattractive mom. We'd talk about at what price we would buy a put option on the daughter in case she turned out like mom down the road. Then we would have to subtract the option price from her rating and then we had what she was worth.

Sort of a lot of math just to rate a woman though.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
ohhh i like that .. gonna have to break that out in future