Yay! I'm married!

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I tied the knot, legally, on Monday May 15th in front of a judge. Originally I just wanted it to be completely private; just my wife and I.

However, she said she wouldn't be able to explain how I could cover her on my insurance to her parents, so I let her tell her parents. Thus they insisted on coming. SInce her parents were coming, I'd never hear the end of it if I didn't tlel my mother. So I told her. She told an aunt, an uncle, my brother, and my sister-in-law.

The end result was me, my wife, her mom, her dad, my mom, her sister, my brother, my sister-in-law, my aunt, and my uncle all showing up for this thing. 10 people in all. Oh well. It rained all morning, and while we were at the district court. The skies cleared up by 4PM though when we all went out to dinner. I'd say it was a pretty nice day though. Hectic, but nice.

As for my verdict on being legally married? The only difference seems to be, I have more deducted from my paycheck (insurance coverage for my wife) and I now wear a ring on my finger. That about sums it up.

In case many of you haven't read elsewhere, my wife and I are doing things a bit backwards. We got married LEGALLY in front of a judge first, but we plan on getting officially engaged later. Then after the engagement we'll have a full fledged wedding in a church with all the bells and whistles. We did the legal thing first to get her covered under my insurance. I tried to stress to my folks and her folks that this isn't really a wedding, it's just a change in legal status, but none can seem to get it into their heads. They can't seem to seperate the legal status from the spiritual meaning of marriage. Oh well.

So stage one is complete. Now all I have to do is figure out a way to scrape up 8 grand for a friggin diamond.

karategirl

karategirl

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Congratulations on the marriage :)
Good luck with the engagement ;)

Pitbull954

Pitbull954

Awards
  • Established
Oh man..... Well first off congrats and I hope you enjoyed your sex life lolol no serious!! But seriously congratulations.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
have fun scrounging up 8k. I just dropped that myself on a ring, damn my wallet is empty:D

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah dude, congratulations..I hope your marriage to your wife goes swimmingly.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
good luck on it all, hope you are happy with everything.:thumbsup:

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Awesome to hear that NUll!!! Hope you both live a fullfilling life withe each other! :D

rocketscientist

Awards
Congrats - and don't listen to Pitbull... as right as he may be :D

But 8k on a ring... I really hate the wedding industry that makes you feel your a loser if you don't spend a fortune on all this stuff.

flytrapcan

flytrapcan

Awards
  • Established
8 Grand! R ya nuts, get some tin foil, roll and while placing that on her finger give it one last lick and a promise. That's it! All done.

Congrats! :D

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Oh man..... Well first off congrats and I hope you enjoyed your sex life lolol no serious!! But seriously congratulations.

I find that hard to believe after my wife was so eager to consumate the marriage the very second her parents left our house.... :D

Now she demands double the output from me. Normally fulfilling that request during PCT would be difficult. Thankfully she is extremely hot.

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
I find that hard to believe after my wife was so eager to consumate the marriage the very second her parents left our house.... :D

Now she demands double the output from me. Normally fulfilling that request during post cycle therapy would be difficult. Thankfully she is extremely hot.

:icon_lol:

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Now she demands double the output from me. Normally fulfilling that request during post cycle therapy would be difficult. Thankfully she is extremely hot.
I KNOW RIGHT WTF, why is that? Usually the output decreases in the regular World. PCT, and Precontest is rough on me. WAIT until she turns 28-29= Sexual Peak.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I KNOW RIGHT WTF, why is that? Usually the output decreases in the regular World. post cycle therapy, and Precontest is rough on me. WAIT until she turns 28-29= Sexual Peak.
She's only 25. Hehe, I got 3-4 years of increase ahead of me. Honestly though, if this isn't her peak, I'm a little scared of what her peak will be like when she gets there.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
She's only 25. Hehe, I got 3-4 years of increase ahead of me. Honestly though, if this isn't her peak, I'm a little scared of what her peak will be like when she gets there.
I feel you on that, my gf is 20, and I might have to leave the relationship if she increases all the way upto 25-28..:blink:

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
UHH, my wife is, help me please....:run:

I am just....

Serious, so far she is understanding, but i am still afraid.

flytrapcan

flytrapcan

Awards
  • Established
Ahh youth and endless sex :woohoo:

Good times, good times.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Null - go forthwith and get you some Rebound Reloaded (whenver it comes out) - you'll thank me.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Null - go forthwith and get you some Rebound Reloaded (whenver it comes out) - you'll thank me.
I was thinking of just going on test early. Replacement doses don't come with the health issues of standard cycles; they just don't allow for HPTA recovery.

Lately I've come to think of PCT as mostly for recovering other systems, not just the HPTA, and honestly most PCT compounds that help with HPTA recovery aren't so great for general health. I'm starting to think it will be easier to just do Test replacement all year with the occasional boost, and followed by some detoxing. It'd be healthier for me than taking SERMs IMO.

When my wife eventually wants kids, I'll pull out the HCG and have at it.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
:cheers: Congrats, bro.

Depending on your wife's attitude, you might want to buy her a less expensive ring now, and a better one in 5-10 years. That is what I did, so that I had something to give her when I proposed, but didn't wreck myself financially (I was a full-time student/part-time teacher/part-time researcher/part-time bartender). Plus, I had to fly 4500 miles to give her the ring...

Regardless, good luck and I hope everything works out.

:cheers:

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Huh?
:think:
For the libido. I was saying, rather than suffer with bouts of crap libido when I do PCT and thus anger my wife, I could basically just do HRT. Afterall my liver and cholesterol are testing clean, and my BP is a nice 115/70 on average lately. And that's after taking 400mg of caffeine and drinking a cup of coffee in the morning.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:cheers: Congrats, bro.

Depending on your wife's attitude, you might want to buy her a less expensive ring now, and a better one in 5-10 years. That is what I did, so that I had something to give her when I proposed, but didn't wreck myself financially (I was a full-time student/part-time teacher/part-time researcher/part-time bartender). Plus, I had to fly 4500 miles to give her the ring...

Regardless, good luck and I hope everything works out.

:cheers:
This is exactly what I am going to have to do, the gf doesn't really know I am going to propose, but I know she has a feeling. But, I don't want to give her nothing, so I gotta save up some cash until I can get her something decent, and then when we are out of school I am gonna drop something nice on her.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
8k for the ring, hmmm Is that the one she wants EXACTLY? If it is get that one, as they will never be happy with anything less. But if it is the ring you want her to have, I would say scrap the 8k ring and look for one 4k and gather the rest of the money for the wedding, unless her parents is paying. Our wedding was average in size, and extravagance, and it still was over 10k. As I said if you need any suggestions, def drop me a line, and I would assist you from the man POV. WEDDINGS ARE STRESSFUL...

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
This is exactly what I am going to have to do, the gf doesn't really know I am going to propose, but I know she has a feeling. But, I don't want to give her nothing, so I gotta save up some cash until I can get her something decent, and then when we are out of school I am gonna drop something nice on her.
It really depends on the girl's priorities. I proposed in a very beautiful, remote location, and it was very expensive to get there. She was lucky she even got a ring :run:

But seriously, if she wants the ring now, you can always update later. It hurts to hear the stories of friends, etc who drop so much on rings and weddings that they stress themselves into dysfunctional relationships so that the debts outlast the marriage :(

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It really depends on the girl's priorities. I proposed in a very beautiful, remote location, and it was very expensive to get there. She was lucky she even got a ring :run:

But seriously, if she wants the ring now, you can always update later. It hurts to hear the stories of friends, etc who drop so much on rings and weddings that they stress themselves into dysfunctional relationships so that the debts outlast the marriage :(
Yeah, I know for her at least the ring that I would give her now wouldn't really matter, because it's only a symbol of the bond, and not the bond itself. But, for me, proposing with no ring would be just, I'm not sure, somehow unfulfilled. So, like I said I'm saving up as much as I can on a student's wage to giver her something, and do what you did and update it with something bee-A-utiful as she is (Man I'm corny)

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Definitely propose with a ring. Otherwise, she doesn't necessarily know if you are serious. If you've invested a couple of $Gs, she'll know you are serious.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Congrats

Lucky bastard.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Congrats! Remember to always wear your band....turns out they really care about that.

:ntome:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
A kind of off topic question..How long did you married fellers know you were going to propose before you actually did it?

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
A kind of off topic question..How long did you married fellers know you were going to propose before you actually did it?
I knew about 6 months into the relationship give or take a month.

As for the ring, the rule is 2 month's salary. I'm assuming it's net (after taxes). I rounded.

Plus, I think I've got her just about thoroughly convinced she's getting 1 carat at most. However, she has a poor eye for color, and can't see clarity all that well either. In other words, I can get a K or L and she'll like it just as much as a D. I can get an SI2 and she'll like it just as much as an IF or VVS1.

I estimate, I might be able to get her 3 carats. It'll be a tough search, but I've seen it online through wholesale searches, so that means I can almost definitely find something that fits in the NYC Diamond market.

Now imagine the situation: she's expecting 1 carat and she gets 3. I can't wait to see the look on her face. It'll be worth a million, which last time a checked is a lot more than a measly 8 grand.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Now imagine the situation: she's expecting 1 carat and she gets 3. I can't wait to see the look on her face. It'll be worth a million, which last time a checked is a lot more than a measly 8 grand.
That right there will justify any splurge :cheers:

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I knew about 6 months into the relationship give or take a month.

As for the ring, the rule is 2 month's salary. I'm assuming it's net (after taxes). I rounded.

Plus, I think I've got her just about thoroughly convinced she's getting 1 carat at most. However, she has a poor eye for color, and can't see clarity all that well either. In other words, I can get a K or L and she'll like it just as much as a D. I can get an SI2 and she'll like it just as much as an IF or VVS1.

I estimate, I might be able to get her 3 carats. It'll be a tough search, but I've seen it online through wholesale searches, so that means I can almost definitely find something that fits in the NYC Diamond market.

AHH you are going for what you want her to have, good deal my friend, and true the rule is 2 months salary. Also NYC is the best to buy rings I wish I could have got my wifes there, I think I will for our 10 year anniversary -I know way down the line. But all in all you are doing the right thing- planning, and getting the best for her, just remember you will have to keep spoiling her.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
AHH you are going for what you want her to have, good deal my friend, and true the rule is 2 months salary. Also NYC is the best to buy rings I wish I could have got my wifes there, I think I will for our 10 year anniversary -I know way down the line. But all in all you are doing the right thing- planning, and getting the best for her, just remember you will have to keep spoiling her.

I want her to have what she would ultimately like to have. If I were in the position of RECEIVING a diamond of some sort, I'd want at least near colorless and at least VS2 for clarity. But that's because I hvae a good eye for diamonds and can easily spot flaws and discoloration. My wife has, in all honesty, a terrible eye for it. She's foremost concerned with:

1) size
2) sparkle

So as long as I get her something that falls within her acceptable range of color and clarity (i.e. a color low enogh that she can't tell the difference; which is thankfully as high as K or L), she'd be happiest then with the largest possible decent cut diamond I can buy. Because she has a poor eye for color and clarity, it allows me to buy a bigger diamond for the money. I can tell you flat out there is no way she's expecting anything remotely as large as 3 carats. I showed her a 3 carat VS1 in a diamond shop and then showed her how much it cost: $35000. Based on that she's thinking she's going to get 1 carat at the absolute max, and she's expecting something smaller.

I've seen a 3.18c, K color, SI2 for like $8.6k. So I figure I can probably shoot for around 8K and get a 3 carat of similar description. Just gotta have the cash ready first though.

Oh, and to top it off, I took her to a disreputable shop to show her some SI's. This place had a bunch of I3s they had labelled as SI3 and SI2. I'm talking full of feathers and flakes visible to not just the naked eye, but the naked eye of someone who requires glasses but left them at home. So now she thinks she needs a VS1 or VS2, thus making her further think that she's getting a tiny diamond.

I may wind up getting her only a 2 or 2.5 carat depending on what I can find. But anything over 1 carat and she'll be exstatic. Whenever I get the opportunity, I constantly make her think that 1 carat will be too expensive.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Man buying a diamond is very tricky, as women care about sparkle, and size, as my wife has a carat with j-k i1, i2 clarity. That was too much money, but I did not have cash in hand so I had to finance. But the next one will be a fat one, as she wants the ohhs and ahhs. So i will be on the search, I have some things in the pipe line, and trying to make some connects. My mom got a crazy ring for 1800 custom made with 7/8 carat f color, and vs1 clarity, and it was independently appraised for over 4k. The only bad thing is that she has 3 stones and it is in Platinum. But the quality of the stones are impeccable.

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
congratulations!!!!! i love weddings..... even private ones :)

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So what do you think Gimp-Dog?..What is the best way to propose?...With my gf, what I think I am going to do, is trick her into thinking we are going on a trip to visit my friend in Edmonton (which is about six hours north of my town in Alberta). Except, we will really be going to Banff, this beautiful mountain town on the way (some of you guys have probably heard of it) for a horseback ride. It is a two hour guided ride where they take you fairly high into the mountains and near this beautiful river and at the end they take you to a small camp site where there is supposed to be a BBQ for all the riders. I'm just going to pull a fast one, make sure it is only me and her on the ride, and have the tour guides set up a table for the two of us and such, and then propose there..(I'm cheeese, I know)

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I always wanted to do the "catch a shooting star" thing. I still might, though the surprise of proposal is obviously lost. I think that's why it's so important the ring be a real knockout.

Anyway, this is how my idea goes:

First I'll find out when the next Leonid Meteor Shower is. On a peak night, we'll drive to some remote location with no light polution to get a better view. As the meteors are flyin' I'd say something along the lines of "if I could catch a shooting star for you I would" or something equally supercheesy. Then I'd reach out and wait for a shooting star to pass near my hand (you know, so it looks like it is going into my hand), I'll have the ring in that hand. I never figured out the details of how to say the next part but the gist of it would be that I did catch one for her. As she protests saying it's a stupid joke, I'd say "no really, I did, look!" At which point I would hold out the ring.

Feel free to use that one if you like, but don't go claiming it as your own idea.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hahahahaha..It's okay Null, I won't bite your style.

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
So what do you think Gimp-Dog?..What is the best way to propose?...With my gf, what I think I am going to do, is trick her into thinking we are going on a trip to visit my friend in Edmonton (which is about six hours north of my town in Alberta). Except, we will really be going to Banff, this beautiful mountain town on the way (some of you guys have probably heard of it) for a horseback ride. It is a two hour guided ride where they take you fairly high into the mountains and near this beautiful river and at the end they take you to a small camp site where there is supposed to be a BBQ for all the riders. I'm just going to pull a fast one, make sure it is only me and her on the ride, and have the tour guides set up a table for the two of us and such, and then propose there..(I'm cheeese, I know)
:jaw: im so jealous!!!! that is the cutest idea ever!!! i love it! i love it! I LOOVVEEE......

early congratulations!!!! thats very sweet. your girlfriend is very lucky :)

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I've seen pics of Banff. That place is gorgeous. BTW, I also proposed at high altitude. It affects the brain, so she'll have a harder time giving you the :FUfinger:

How high is Banff? I proposed at about 13,000 feet, and I was getting worried that my wife wasn't gonna be standing long enough for me to do it.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've seen pics of Banff. That place is gorgeous. BTW, I also proposed at high altitude. It affects the brain, so she'll have a harder time giving you the :FUfinger:

How high is Banff? I proposed at about 13,000 feet, and I was getting worried that my wife wasn't gonna be standing long enough for me to do it.
The actual town is about 4,500 feet, but the trail they take you on goes upto about 5,000+. For anybody who doesn't know what Banff is, here is a link..http://www.banff.com/index.htm