For you trainers out there...

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
I am getting started into personal training and am wondering what type of contract or waiver you guys have to void yourselves of liablilty. I mean, you can never be too safe in today's sue happy world. Just looking for some ideas so I can get my ducks in a row before I take on some serious clients.

thanks

Ryno

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
Are you working for yourself, or a training company?

In home or at a gym? If it's at a gym, ask them what kind of coverage and paperwork you need to carry.

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
If you can afford it, go see a business lawyer and have him draw something up.

Otherwise try this: go shop a local club and set up a consult with one of their trainers. Just collect all the info AND try to get a copy of the contract there. Tell them you want to bring it home to look over. Then just recopy it into word and change the wording to suit your needs.

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
If you can afford it, go see a business lawyer and have him draw something up.

Otherwise try this: go shop a local club and set up a consult with one of their trainers. Just collect all the info AND try to get a copy of the contract there. Tell them you want to bring it home to look over. Then just recopy it into word and change the wording to suit your needs.
Did something very similar to that....found a few good ones online and made my own taking what I liked about each one. Of course none of them were copy righted or anything. Thanks for the ideas guys.