Abs Cramping Up

1. Registered User

Abs Cramping Up

I didn't know what section of the board to place this questions but this seems like a neutral section.

Have you guys ever experience cramping in the abs?

Well, I experience this awful pain today, right after I did my leg workout. I stopped working the abs for two weeks and I decided to get back into the routine. I decided to try this weighted abs crunch machine, since everyone swears by it in the gym. I did start at a very low weight. Once I did the first crunch...BAM, it was like someone squeezing my abs and it was getting tighter and tighter. I tried to play it off but everyone notice I was in pain. I couldn't sit down and I couldn't move because my core was very tight. It got to the point I couldn't breathe normal. I was breathing like a female going into labor. The strongest part of the pain last for 4 or 5 minutes. I'm still feeling a little of the pain now and it has been like this for two hours now.

It seems I might be lacking in something to be receiving this type of pain. I remember experiencing this type of pain, when I first started back working-out. If you guys know of a supplement I can take before tomorrow, please let me know so I can go to the health food store tonight.

I would like to do a 15min abs routine tomorrow but I don't want to endure that type of pain again.

Do you guys have any ideas on this topic?

P.S. Yes, I did perform stretches before I started working-out and I did drink plenty of water and I drink water like a camel while I'm working-out.

Helppppppppppppppppppppp

2. Board Supporter

I started taking potassium and magnesium to help me stop cramping.
    A banana or two will do it if you are not cutting.
  3. Registered User

Thanks for the information but I did have a large banana two hours before I hit the gym and that what got me puzzle.

I think I will hit the store tonight and pickup the potassium and magnesium pills. The pills may speed up the process before my ab workout tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by karategirl
    I started taking potassium and magnesium to help me stop cramping.
    A banana or two will do it if you are not cutting.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

I have this problem a lot and have to watch when I feel it setting in. It will contract and cramp up almost feeling like i'm getting a hernia and it takes the breath out of me. I'll have to help myself to sit down for 5-10 minutes afterwards because it will recramp if I put stress on my abs.

I still get it but not nearly as much anymore since i've started crunches, reverse crunches, hanging knee bends. I guess I just let my abs get too weak?
  5. Registered User

yea the other day in between my crunches when i would sit down my abs would cramp up like crazy. had to stand up.
  6. Registered User

Yes, you know the feeling. I wanted to yell out for help but I hold that pain in. My abs got tighter and tighter. I couldn't even bend over and pick-up my water jug because it made my abs tighter.

I'm taking some Magnesium and Potassium and hopfully that will solve this problem.

I only stopped doing abs for a couple of weeks and that pain shouldn't had happen. I haven't did abs since that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    I have this problem a lot and have to watch when I feel it setting in. It will contract and cramp up almost feeling like i'm getting a hernia and it takes the breath out of me. I'll have to help myself to sit down for 5-10 minutes afterwards because it will recramp if I put stress on my abs.

I still get it but not nearly as much anymore since i've started crunches, reverse crunches, hanging knee bends. I guess I just let my abs get too weak?
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  140 lbs.

what supps are you taking, and if you have added any could they be the cause of the cramping? i,e superdrol, clen etc.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Why do my Quads Cramp Up after Leg Day
    By dreamcrusher in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-24-2013, 04:14 PM
  2. TESTOPRO LOG (BULKING UP WHILE KEEPING MY ABS!)
    By BKx90 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 211
    Last Post: 03-25-2012, 03:21 PM
  3. Want to build up abs
    By chedapalooza in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-21-2011, 04:35 PM
  4. Ab cramping
    By cassimus in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-11-2009, 11:36 PM
  5. ripping up abs