My Surgery

NiteHawk

Awards
I thought I would put up a couple pics of the surgery I had on Monday.

Well, I made it. It all went well. They had tested a piece of the tissue already and it is confirmed, not cancer but glandular tissue. The surgery was about an hour. I woke up in no pain which is good. I was a little tired and droggy but feeling good. They had numbing agents put in the incision area so I wasnt in pain. It gets sore only if I stretch a certain way or put any pressure on it. I got some lortabs for pain.

My throat was sore from the tube they put in to help me breathe. I was out when they put that in, thank goodness.

I went to the doctor yesterday at 9:30am. He said it looked real good. I wasnt holding fluid there. I got my original dressing changed. It looks like I will be out of the gym for a couple weeks so the June bodybuilding show I was going to to be in is probably not going to happen. Im very upset about that. But the september show is definitely on.

The first pic is the pad and tape that I have to use on the incision area. The pad is to keep pressure on the area to prevent fluid buildup. They gave me an extra pad and tape. I have to take it off when I shower and put it back on. Kind of a pain.
The second pic is the incision with the surgical tape that I dont remove. Its holding the incision together. It doesnt look as bad as I thought it would. He is a plastic surgeon so Im hoping for very little scarring.

I will update you on my progress.

Keep Training Guys and Gals!

Attachments

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
Glad its not cancer brother...you hairy lil bastard... ;)

Get better man, when you take that show in September, you will be an inspiration.

NiteHawk

Awards
Thanks for the encouragement. I cant wait to get back to the gym.

NiteHawk

Awards
Thanks for the encouragement I received. You guys are the best.

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Good to know its not cancer bro. Hope you recover quickly. And good luck at the september show!

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
good to hear its nothing seroius.....:) speedy recovery for you

NiteHawk

Awards
Thanks everyone. I will be real hungry in the gym when I get back!