No idea how I could put this photo into words, let alone a title

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
That's North Dakota/Minnesota for you. I like the cold, but that's just ridiculous.

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
Well, I live just north of you, and it isn't the warmest right now either. :) This was the mildest winter so far, and today is the coldest day by far. :(

But it still beats where I used to live. The coldest I ever had to endure was -54'Celsuis - and that's NOT including the windchill. (I think that's -65'F, and around -148'F with windchill)

FYI for reference: -60'C is when water "vaporises". A friend of mine (who lived yet north of me at the time) saw it on a tv show, and tried it. You take a cup of water, then throw it in the air. You will hear a "crackling" sound, and NOTHING falls to the ground. Weird. It worked, he turned around, snapped the doorknob in his hand trying to get in, LoL.

I'm friggen moving somewhere warm...

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
But it still beats where I used to live. The coldest I ever had to endure was -54'Celsuis - and that's NOT including the windchill. (I think that's -65'F, and around -148'F with windchill)
Where in the hell did you live? Yakutsk Russia?

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
I used to live in Flin Flon, MB and Thompson, MB (Canada). I'd sometimes be on a road trip to Lynn Lake, MB and Leaf Rapids, MB, etc.Any further north than that, like Churchill and such, and there are no roads in summer to get there. (Roads in winter - drive on lakes). And no - I've never lived in an igloo...groan.

Right now, I'm only about a 4 hour drive north of Fargo. Bah, it's not even longjohn weather...LoL

But truthfully, Flin Flon rarely went lower than -45'C without windchill. Thompson was usually colder. They're all surrounded by lakes, so the wind just kills. But the EXTREME cold days stick out in your memory. The days where the snot freezes to your face just walking to your car, only to find it won't start even though it's plugged in, LoL.

Lynn Lake is where my friend did the water in the cup thing.

BTW - while these areas are considered "northern communities" by most Canadians, they are actually in the lower southern end of Canada geographically speaking. There are plenty of people that who live in much, much colder weather.

I'll take Florida's heat and humidity over it anyday. Heck, some people I talked to in Florida never even seen real snow! Give me that life. :)

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
How sad is that. If you live in Canada and want to go to the south of Canada to escape the cold the farthest you could go is still NORTH of Buffalo YIKES :)

CROWLER

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
How sad is that. If you live in Canada and want to go to the south of Canada to escape the cold the farthest you could go is still NORTH of Buffalo YIKES :)

CROWLER
That's why we Canadians have nothing better to do than stay indoors and workout in the gym where it's warm. :) We just have longer bulking seasons...

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
Canada is America's hat.

I'm so glad I live in Alabama. We wear shorts 10 months out of the year. Be jealous, bitches :D

ispymalik

Awards
well yesterday, in texas:
~2:00pm: headed to work, sweating in car with no a/c ..around 80 degrees outside
~8:00pm: on lunch at work, falling to 62 degrees outside
~1:00am: 40 degrees

within in HOURS!!

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I remember camping in a cabin with huge holes in the walls in IL when an arctic front hit. 50 below zero with a wind chill of negative 86. I seriously thought I was going to die that night, lol.

Soooo, yeah. I've been living in Arizona for the better part of 20 years now. lol

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'll be off to AZ hopefully in '07 or '08.. I hate snow..

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
lol, no fun.... i thought it was horrible when i visited maryland last week....... im a freakin wuss

sorry about your nasty weather....im so spoiled in so cal (lol my avatar pic was taken in early feb i think, i actually wore it that day for doing errands.....)

knox

Awards
  • Established
in kansas one day it is a nice 60 degree fer. the very next day it is 4 degrees. it likes to mess w/ you. keeps u on your toes i guess. lol buuuut i still hate it.

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
its cold here in penn right now.

EDIT: just noticed my rep is 1337, thats right 1337. not only does this make me l33t, but i have a huge e-penis.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
HEAT WAVE SWEEPS THE ARTIC!

;) How's that for a caption

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
I used to live in Flin Flon, MB and Thompson, MB (Canada). I'd sometimes be on a road trip to Lynn Lake, MB and Leaf Rapids, MB, etc.Any further north than that, like Churchill and such, and there are no roads in summer to get there. (Roads in winter - drive on lakes).
I saw this on the History Channel's Modern Marvels last night. They showed the crews that make the roads and the truckers that haul on them. It was some badass ****.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's why we Canadians have nothing better to do than stay indoors and workout in the gym where it's warm. :) We just have longer bulking seasons...
Hah!..Yes, my sentiments exactly..I live in a town in Alberta, right on the praries with no mountains to dull any kind of weather..Today it is -1, yesterday it was +3 and on Sunday when my friend came up it was -37!..I go through all the seasons in a week here..