question for avid golfers/bodybuilders

badmofaux

Awards
I'm pre-diabetic, so it's an absolute must that I eat something during a ~5 hour round. (Otherwise, nothing serious happens--I just get real cranky and lethargic...and my game goes down the toilet.)

Anyway, I'm typically too lazy to make food beforehand, and too cheap to buy food at the overpriced snack bar. So, I usually just bring a couple of these protein bars from Costco: http://www.premiernutrition.com/products/protein.html

Well, I recently heard that it's better to look for bars that are lower in carbs. Any other suggestions or recommendations? I'm looking for something I could buy in bulk to save a little cash.

Thanks.

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
I am friends with the guy that owns that company...and...

They like most bars are crap. But for your purposes they will do the trick, you need the insulin rush correct?

The only bars I will ever put in my pie whole are Tri-O-Plex. Why don't you bring an RTD drink?

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
I rarely ever golf eighteen. So it isn't an issue to go three hours without food.

badmofaux

Awards
I am friends with the guy that owns that company...and...

They like most bars are crap. But for your purposes they will do the trick, you need the insulin rush correct?

The only bars I will ever put in my pie whole are Tri-O-Plex. Why don't you bring an RTD drink?
Thanks for your recommendations, and especially your honesty.

I'm not really looking for an insulin "surge" per se. Ideally, I'm looking for something that helps me keep more of a steady insulin level (and my stomach from growling).

I'm not familiar with Tri-O-Plex bars or RTD drinks--I'll definitely look into those. Thanks again!

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
NP man, RTD = ready to drink. Met-rx makes a decent one. They are just really convienent.