If live in an Islamic country do NOT steal bread

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
WTF!!! If you think thats bad, go ahead and try to get my protien.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
That's one of the worst things I have ever seen :( Only an evil heartless bastard of the worst kind would do that to a kid

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
That's one of the worst things I have ever seen :( Only an evil heartless bastard of the worst kind would do that to a kid
Agree 100%

He is an innocent little child and he puts his arm down there in the first or second picture because he TRUSTS the adults.

Look at the expression on that poor boys face and the man's hand holding the little boys arm so he can't pull it out.

I am not a violent man but heaven be with those men's souls if I was there with a gun because not a one would have gotten out alive. And no Alah himself wouldn't have been able to protect them from me.

CROWLER

Irish480

Awards
Westernization is for the best... Screw these old punishments these countries continually use. That is just MESSED up.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I try not to be ethnocentric, but then you see something like that and I begin to have a very friendly opinion towards Globalization. There are horrors like that committed all over the third world in the name of one ideaology or another.

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
im afraid to look....is it gory or anything?

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
I try not to be ethnocentric, but then you see something like that and I begin to have a very friendly opinion towards Globalization. There are horrors like that committed all over the third world in the name of one ideaology or another.

i second you

that is horrible...some people are so disgustingly evil :( i dont know how people can do such things and be okay with themselves ! poor baby.....

hyoogeness

Awards
if there's an objective morality, this would be one of the clear cases of "the wrong thing to do."

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
100% agreed! When I was in my my Master's program, one woman did a presentation on attempts of American teachers to inculcate their ethnocentric ideals with non-American students. I don't usually put people in the hot seat, as presenting is hard, but I had to. I stated that I agree in theory, but there is something very unsettling about applying this in practice, such as the Dark Ages mentality practiced in the above picture, female genital mutilation, or the pride killing that a father, brother or uncle may perform in order to protect the family honor when a young lady fails to make herself into a walking cloak in public.

Everything about Western values is not superior, but it seems to me that the Middle East has not even arrived at the Middle Ages.

diminuendo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I don't even know what to say...that is horrible.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Well the kid won't be stealing anything again but that was def the wrong way to handle a small boy. A grown theif well I wouldn't feel bad at all.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
Westernization is for the best... Screw these old punishments these countries continually use. That is just MESSED up.
you do realize we put juvenilles to death in this country

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Pretty barberic, but then again, what can you expect from these people. What we call barberic, they call punishment. What we call freedom they call oppression. Thank god I'm an American!

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
edit: i don't know what is up with this thing. every post i make turns into two.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
no of course not for stealing bread .. its just interesting that the only countries in the world that put juveniles to death are Saudi Arabia, Iran, Libya, two more middle eastern countries that are escaping me at the moment, and the United States

at least the supreme court ruled mentally handicapped people can't be put to death any more

my point is many other western nations look at many things we do as barbaric

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
i definately don't want to start a debate with this topic (i loathe debates), but i'm just curious of your opinion. do you not agree with juvenile execution? say if the juvenile murdered an entire family for no reason?

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
wow I am shocked that anyone could do that to such a young child. Very wrong. Crowlers post hit it right on the money.

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
i definately don't want to start a debate with this topic (i loathe debates), but i'm just curious of your opinion. do you not agree with juvenile execution? say if the juvenile murdered an entire family for no reason?
Its easy to say one thing, but if the kid was mine, then what. With it not bieng mine, kill him. Preventve measures for the future. If it is my kid, I think he can be rehabilitated. Hard call?!

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
yes, that's an emotional attachment though, and emotions skew decision making.

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
Its easy to say one thing, but if the kid was mine, then what. With it not bieng mine, kill him. Preventve measures for the future. If it is my kid, I think he can be rehabilitated. Hard call?!
A kid that sees killing an entire family as an acceptable behavior and then actually carries it out will ALWAYS have an unacceptably squewed mode of thinking.

I wish exile was still the form of punishment for such crimes.
That way you do not stoop to the murders level to punish him. (but you eliminate the problem)

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
beelze .. i don't believe in state sanctioned executions of anyone .. the purpose of the state should be to rehabilitate not cast vengence IMHO

i'm very very anti-state sanction violence

people taking matters into their own hands when they should is ok IMHO

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
fair enough. i think the execution system is fine, just not utilized enough. rehabilitation won't change anyone's brain wiring.

but it would be nice if it did. perhaps better systems and programs should be put into use.

delta314

Awards
  • Established
I believe the punishment should fit the crime. The state should be responsible for eliminating some of the vermin, but there should be strict guidelines. What those assholes did in the street was wrong. No two ways about it. If a child is hungry, you feed it, not torture it. If a child kills a family, you may want to put the child to death. Depends on the circumstances, but I can't imagine a "good" reason to do something like that.

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
i agree on juvenile execution but, it depends on the situation. it really really depends the situation.

off topic- nice avatar beelz

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
i agree on juvenile execution but, it depends on the situation. it really really depends the situation.

off topic- nice avatar beelz
i'm with delta. punishment fits the crime. kill and be killed. soft laws with 'it's ok, you're confused' mentality will make it worse. when people realize there are consequences for their actions, there will be less crime.

off topic - i like yours better :D

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It is a generally accepted that children cannot rationalize until they are approx 7 years of age. Apperently, this CHILD is 8 years old; think about what you were doing/concerned with/liked when you were 8. Thank God it wasn't living/dealing/enduring these types of abhorant acts. What I'm guessing they did to this child, we would and should be arrested for - by doing this to an animal.

I didn't see the video/pics/whatever, because - as a parent - I just refuse to look at. I guess I would rather count my blessings, and go hug my kids; kids whose life I feel fortunate to be a part of.

Sorry to sound a bit too sensitive/old/wussed out - but I am lucky enough to be armed with some pretty good childhood memories (some good, some not so good; but all in all - treated like I meant something to my family). I guess this being my point of reference makes even the thought of willful violense against children sound like the sordid nightmare it must be. Not that as parents don't get PO'd, we do - we just have the self control to act responsively.

I've looked at this thread several times. I'm glad not to gone any further.

For violent and willful acts committed by true criminals (not little kids), the punishment should be sufficient enough to deter others contemplating the same acts.

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
Its not gory beau.
no blood or whatever.
just sad.

They need to f-ing realize that what they are doing would not be a one time lesson. With a child that young i am almost sure it would break his bones and/or cause permanent nerve damage.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Everything about Western values is not superior, but it seems to me that the Middle East has not even arrived at the Middle Ages
****...Freakin' CAVE MEN didnt even behave like that. Id rather be chased by a Wooly Rhino any day then have to grow up in a messed up place like that. Poor kid.

BV

Irish480

Awards
Kill him.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
It is a generally accepted that children cannot rationalize until they are approx 7 years of age.
Frighteningy, the capacity to reason is not fully developed until the later teens or sometimes early-mid 20's:blink: . The prefrontal cortex governs behavior; it is here that things like consequences have their effect. Prior to (or in absence of) development of the prefrontal cortex, humans are driven by the limbic system, which is instinctual, highly subject to emotional stimuli, and therefore...potentially dangerous. The drive to steal bread to alleviate hunger would definitely come from the limbic system; combatting hunger regardless of consequences is the epitome of the limbic system at work.

When you drink, the role of the prefrontal cortex is deemphasized, and reliance shifts to the limbic system. Not surprisingly, alcohol is often accompanied by an IRRATIONAL drive to stuff your face, engage in acts of aggression, or spread your seed in any direction possible :twisted:

The late development of the prefrontal cortex definitely complicates issues involving juvenile offenders. (Not to mention the age at which one can operate a car; just think of all the accidents among 16.5-18 year olds--irrational, w/no grasp of conseq.) The thing is, age is not really a good indicator of whether one is an adult or a juvenile from the perspective of neurological development. Some may be 15 and have substantial development; others
may be 20 w/o.

With all of that justification/explanation of behavior out of the way, I would go on to say that if one is committing serious crimes, the burden is too much for the rest of society, and the offender should be removed from society. Even if the crimes stem from something developmental and experiential, outside the individuals control, his bad choices bring consequences too grave to allow him to compromise the healthy development of his contemporaries. Do we kill him???? I think that is a bit harsh, but if we banish him he will never be able to re-enter society b/c his experiences will drive him that much further away from social norms.

No easy answers here :frustrate:

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Agreed - I should have said that any degree of rationalizing skills do not exist until 7, at the earliest.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
To add insult to injury the child will probably be permanently injured/disfigured and in a country like that my guess is most jobs are physical labor.

Imagine being a 40 year old man trying to support your family with a bum arm.

Maybe I need to stop watching so much news TV, stuff like this is really hitting me with all those precious little children being mistreated, abused etc.

As I say I would kill everyone of the people doing that to him but then does that make me any better than them?

CROWLER

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
Agreed - I should have said that any degree of rationalizing skills do not exist until 7, at the earliest.
That is kind of a problem I have been having.

Most religions (including mine) say that eight years old is the age of accountability.
I feel that eighteen is much more accurate. :confused:

delta314

Awards
  • Established
To add insult to injury the child will probably be permanently injured/disfigured and in a country like that my guess is most jobs are physical labor.

Imagine being a 40 year old man trying to support your family with a bum arm.

Maybe I need to stop watching so much news TV, stuff like this is really hitting me with all those precious little children being mistreated, abused etc.

As I say I would kill everyone of the people doing that to him but then does that make me any better than them?

CROWLER
Bullshit. Just the fact that it bothers you so much is proof that you are better than them. I would take great pride in taking out those POS's,...and I'm a really good guy!:twisted:

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't execute anyone for murder, giving them life in prison with inmates who will brutalize in every way , shape, or form is the proper punishment. I think letting them off with a lethal injection is weak, make them pay :twisted:

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I think letting them off with a lethal injection is weak, make them pay :twisted:
I tend to agree with this. Maybe I don't have a sufficient grasp of death, but life in prison seems a lot worse to me. Plus, I think executing an inmate is more expensive than life in prison. It all becomes very absurd :blink:

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I agree as well. Although Capital Punishment has its place and I agree with it, making someone suffer behind bars for the rest of their lives is an even greater punishment IMO. I think after about 20 years behind bars you'd want to die. There's a prison in CA called Pelican Bay where prisoners are kept in 8 X 10 cells 23~ hours a day. Could you imagine how bad that would be? Let these fuckers rot.

delta314

Awards
  • Established
The problems with "life in prison" are this; Cost to house one inmate for a year = $25,000.
Also, in this day and age, you have to provide them with all the comforts of home (mine or yours, not the one they came from), or else you have the liberal left wing screaming that we are abusing them.....
Why should some scum sucking child molester/murderer be allowed to sit in prison (with his own kind, since you have to keep them separate for their own safety) and eat food that my taxes pay for, read books that my taxes pay for, watch tv that, yes, you guessed it, my taxes pay for...sit around with other sickos telling stories about all the sick **** they did to some poor innocent child.....
No gentlemen, f*ck that ****, I want these dirty bastards put to death for around $5 worth of poison, that, yes, you guessed it, MY TAXES PAY FOR!!!!!

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Some facts:

Death penalty trials cost an average of 48% more than the average cost of trials in which prosecutors seek life imprisonment.

The estimated costs for New York’s death penalty, which was reinstated in 1995: $160 million, or approximately $23 million for each person sentenced to death, with no executions likely for many years.

"From a strictly financial perspective, it is hard to reach a conclusion other than this: New Jersey taxpayers over the last 23 years have paid more than a quarter billion dollars on a capital punishment system that has executed no one," the report concluded. Since 1982, there have been 197 capital trials in New Jersey and 60 death sentences, of which 50 were reversed. There have been no executions, and 10 men are housed on the state's death row. Michael Murphy, former Morris County prosecutor, remarked: "If you were to ask me how $11 million a year could best protect the people of New Jersey, I would tell you by giving the law enforcement community more resources. I'm not interested in hypotheticals or abstractions, I want the tools for law enforcement to do their job, and $11 million can buy a lot of tools."

You can find much more info here.

It's amazing how much the death penalty actually costs. Since we've become more civilized, the days of mass lynchings and immediate executions have long since passed. Now it seems to take a lifetime to get anyone executed and these fucks have to be killed as painless and as humane as possible. If my child/children/wife were killed by someone and recieved the death penalty, I would want him to suffer as much as humanly possible (I like some of the idea's in the SAW movies).

delta314

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure each state has it's own data on cost,etc.....Here in Florida, it's a different story. We'll kill you in a minute. And it isn't always painless...with a little help from Florida Power & Light, you can be a Post Toastie in just a matter of seconds...brutal, painful seconds....