I use to think it was just a saying...

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
I use to think that "I am now stupider for hearing that" was just a saying, but not any more.

So im at my grandmas house for dinner tonight and I'm talking to my cousin about protein shakes. He was asking what I would suggest, and I said Optimum 100% whey because "it has a great amino acid profile."

Then my aunt replys with (brace yourself)... "amino ACIDS? your not taking that."

:wtf:

Keep in mind, shes 38 and still lives with her mom.

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
lolol....i have u beat...i think ;)

my mom, i love her to death...lol, we were watching a segment on tv about the "horrors" of steroid use .

mom: so if you use steriods, are those muscles real?

me: um...yes...:blink:

mom: do you still have to work out to get muscles if you are on steroids? or does it all just grow on its own?

me: :rofl: yes mom....they work out...

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
lolol....i have u beat...i think ;)

my mom, i love her to death...lol, we were watching a segment on tv about the "horrors" of steroid use .

mom: so if you use steriods, are those muscles real?

me: um...yes...:blink:

mom: do you still have to work out to get muscles if you are on steroids? or does it all just grow on its own?

me: :rofl: yes mom....they work out...
LMFAO! that is good stuff.

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
a wrestler in high school said "my coach said that they might be testing for creatine next season..."
I nodded, and put on my headphones :run:

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
My mother in-law opened my supplement cabinet and saw an oral syringe..then asked me if I was "shooting up".

I said "Yes, but not with those."

She thought I was kidding.

Works every time.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
I have a good one... My mom comes over and looks at my supplement stash and asks, "Creatine, is that like steroids?"
same here. and with the 10lbs bag of protein from optimum. "you taking all dem steroids"
"yeah mom, i'm taking a 10lbs bag of steroids with me everywhere i go, it's protein, relax"
"isn't that steroids"
"sure, it's a 10lbs bag of dbol, estimated street value 50K"

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
same here. and with the 10lbs bag of protein from optimum. "you taking all dem steroids"
"yeah mom, i'm taking a 10lbs bag of steroids with me everywhere i go, it's protein, relax"
"isn't that steroids"
Mom's are great. My mom asked me matter of factly If I was taking steroids when she saw a recent picture of me. The media has planted that steroid seed in everyone's head. Now a bag of protein or a bottle of vitamins instantly becomes steroids.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
No **** fuckface. I can't delete it. It won't let me delete you either.

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
Someone is testy like the gay guy on the MTV True life reality show. I guess I better get the keys to your PT Cruiser.

Last edited:
mab904

mab904

Awards
Mom's are great. My mom asked me matter of factly If I was taking steroids when she saw a recent picture of me. The media has planted that steroid seed in everyone's head. Now a bag of protein or a bottle of vitamins instantly becomes steroids.
It's the people I work with that are totally clueless. I put my supplements( vitamins, fish oil, ect) in little ziploc type bags to take with me to work. Leave them in my mail tray on my desk sometimes. One of my employees was looking at them the other day and asked, " Are the white ones with 'LS' on them steriods?":blink:
I'm like, no, that would be Lee Swansons multivitamin. Oh, and they think my glutamine powder is cocaine...lol:hammer:

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
I've always liked the old "When you stop working out all that muscle is going to turn to fat."

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
a wrestler in high school said "my coach said that they might be testing for creatine next season..."
I nodded, and put on my headphones :run:
I've heard that one way to many times
Oh, and they think my glutamine powder is cocaine...lol:hammer:
My friends mom had a complete **** fit and slapped hard across the face when she found a ziploc of creatine in his car. He had been caught with some lighter substances before so it wasn't too unreasonable.......but we had a good laugh when he mixed up prob three tablespoons of it in front of his mom and drank it.

When i started lifting i made some unbelievable gains. So of course everyone at my high school was convinced beyond any doubt that i was on. Even my parents asked my in the joking fashion but with real intent.
It was a complement and an insult. It is cool that i was gaining fast enough for them to think that. But it took away the value of my hard work.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
I've heard that one way to many times

My friends mom had a complete **** fit and slapped hard across the face when she found a ziploc of creatine in his car. He had been caught with some lighter substances before so it wasn't too unreasonable.......but we had a good laugh when he mixed up prob three tablespoons of it in front of his mom and drank it.

When i started lifting i made some unbelievable gains. So of course everyone at my high school was convinced beyond any doubt that i was on. Even my parents asked my in the joking fashion but with real intent.
It was a complement and an insult. It is cool that i was gaining fast enough for them to think that. But it took away the value of my hard work.
I totally understand your last point. When I was still in the Corps, I used to train at the same time every day as this staff sargent who used to always bust my balls with **** like "I could lift that too if I was juicing" or I'd be that big if I used roids." This was before I ever touched a drug. On one hand it was a complement, but it got old really quick. I worked my ass off and that bitch was trying to say it was all drugs.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Them Mom's is crazy. At least your mom isn't say "Hey fat fvck, why aren't takin them steroids-things,they'll make you lose that weight....fat ass"

BryanFury

Awards
"isn't that steroids"

Pssst...wanna unload about 2lbs of that dbol???

It does get old, when you have to start hiding every vitamin bottle and jug so you don't get drilled by everyone. *sees my CoQ10 on my desk" "Whats that?" "CoQ10..." "Is it a steroid? Whats it do?" "...do you really want me to explain it?.."

*slams head into wall*

Speischerkater

Awards
It really happens all the time...

I once took a shaker bottle with some whey to class because i couldn't finish it before, so the guy next to me says:

be careful with all the steroids, they shrink you dick.
then he pauses and says in a more serious attitude:

is this the real stuff?:wtf:

and i say yeah, i always walk around with half a liter of chocolate flavor steroids mixed with milk. :run:

What a dumbass.:nutkick:

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
My mom is convinced that any product from Anabolic Xtreme is a steroid