Direct Labs for Blood Work?

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Any of you guys used Direct Labs for getting blood work done? I had heard they are good but this whole process has been a real pain in the ass and their customer service leaves something to be desired.

First they took forever to get me the rec. to go get the blood drawn. Then I got to the lab and the ladies working there had no clue how to draw the blood (what type of vals, how to prepare, store, and ship). Now it is taking much longer then they stated to be able to view my results online. As a matter of fact it is like the view results online part of the web site is not even working.

I have tried to contact them both by phone and e-mail and so far not gotten any response.

What has other's experience with them been?

Mr.50

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Sorry your exp has been bad.

Mine was easy. BTW I don't think that Direct labs owns the lab you go to they just have them draw the blood. I could be wrong.

CROWLER

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Bro you are probably right. I am sure if it worked out for you it will work out fine. I just want to know that I am in good health (hopefully) before enbarking on any more "adventerous" cycles again.

Sorry your exp has been bad.

Mine was easy. BTW I don't think that Direct labs owns the lab you go to they just have them draw the blood. I could be wrong.

CROWLER

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I'm looking to use them for my "before" total and free testosterone blood test for this Rebound Reloaded/Activate log.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Direct Labs does not own any collection sites. They contract out to them to do the blood draw and have it sent to them for analysis.

I had a minor problem when using them. The collection site..my local hospital had no f'ing idea that they had a contract with DL. I went in the early AM..fasted..to get drawn and the nurses pretty much threw me out.

I emailed DL, a guy named Aaron I think, and he called the hospital and spoke with the supervisors and got the whole thing straightened out.

So I went again in the AM, in a fasted state, and the nurses did draw my blood but it was pretty clear that they had gotten yelled at over the deal and were really rude to me. They sucked at drawing blood too.

The results came back within 48 hours as promised but the nurses had used the wrong kind of vial for the T3 uptake test so it was unreadable.

NONE of that was Direct Lab's fault and as far as I could tell they really made the effort to make things right even though it was mostly the hospital to blame.

Needless to say though, I am hesitant about getting tested via this route again.

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I had the same problem as bioman. The clinic I went to had no idea i was coming. But it worked out and I still got my blood drawn. I actually had them fax me my results 3 days later. If you call the number on the site can't you just press "0" to get directed to an operator. Thats what I did and I got someone right away.

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Direct Labs does not own any collection sites. They contract out to them to do the blood draw and have it sent to them for analysis.

I had a minor problem when using them. The collection site..my local hospital had no f'ing idea that they had a contract with DL. I went in the early AM..fasted..to get drawn and the nurses pretty much threw me out.

I emailed DL, a guy named Aaron I think, and he called the hospital and spoke with the supervisors and got the whole thing straightened out.

So I went again in the AM, in a fasted state, and the nurses did draw my blood but it was pretty clear that they had gotten yelled at over the deal and were really rude to me. They sucked at drawing blood too.

The results came back within 48 hours as promised but the nurses had used the wrong kind of vial for the T3 uptake test so it was unreadable.

NONE of that was Direct Lab's fault and as far as I could tell they really made the effort to make things right even though it was mostly the hospital to blame.

Needless to say though, I am hesitant about getting tested via this route again.
I'm glad the lab I go to isn't like that. You can go in anytime, all you need is to be seeing a general practitioner in the network (which is pretty much all doctors in my area). I can get lab work done for anything, all they need is which tests and where to send the results. I'm in and out in 10 minutes normally. It's a pretty good deal.

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It's illegal to get bloodwork through online sites in NY (where I live). Any idea on how to get around that...

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I called Direct Labs this morning and ordered a total and free testosterone test.
They added $10 to fax the paperwork. :rolleyes:
So that I could get it drawn either today or tomorrow (I intend on starting Reloaded+Activate on Friday).

I didn't have any issues at the lab.

We'll see on the timing of the results.

Moral of the story - order a week before from Direct, they'll ship the paperwork to take to the lab.
Or they'll charge $10 to fucking fax some paper.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
That's odd. For my tests I simply bought them online then got an email with a PDF file attachment that was the test requisition and instructions.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yah they eventually came through 2 days ago. Not that bad overall but I just wasn not feeling the lack of a return phone call or e-mail for a while there.

Mr.50

I called Direct Labs this morning and ordered a total and free testosterone test.
They added $10 to fax the paperwork. :rolleyes:
So that I could get it drawn either today or tomorrow (I intend on starting Reloaded+Activate on Friday).

I didn't have any issues at the lab.

We'll see on the timing of the results.

Moral of the story - order a week before from Direct, they'll ship the paperwork to take to the lab.
Or they'll charge $10 to fucking fax some paper.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Yea they definitely try hitting you with extra fees. When I had my blood drawn the girl asked me if I wanted my total Test reading for and extra $10 or a happy ending for $50.

I wasn't sure what the second one was so I said no. Should I have gotten it?

CROWLER