American physco

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
alright i just watched this movie and have a question. what the hell ? did the guy kill the people and since societyaround him is so corrupt and because he is a CEO that it was covered up, or did he just imangine himself doing all this stuff cause he shows no emotion and he keeps everything bottled up?

tiggermoon

tiggermoon

Awards
read the book.
not being a smart-ass, just that the book will explain more.

bosco

bosco

Awards
  • Established
agreed. the book does a better job explaining the story. the 80s was a crazy decade- with all them yuppies and their crazy lives.. book is a good read too, imo.

B

Brock Landers

Awards
The book is waaaaaaay better than the movie, IMO. But the fact you are left hanging is Ellis' point of writing AP. I saw him at a signing for one of his newer books and someone asked him this question (for the most part) and he said it was up to the reader to decide whether the murders did or did not happen.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
DAMN YOU TELL US!!! ALL OF YOU... I must know, you opened a can of worms on that question...

B

bda55

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It's hip to be square! :dance:

Never read the book, maybe I should...

bosco

bosco

Awards
  • Established
i was given the book by a friend who saw i had the movie. they're both good- it's one of my fav. movies, sick n' twisted i kno- but i like christian bale's acting style.

V

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
I think they left it like that on purpose. You can either interpret it as he killed everyone or it was all in his mind. Sounds like the book was similar. Now go watch Donnie Darko

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I think they left it like that on purpose. You can either interpret it as he killed everyone or it was all in his mind. Sounds like the book was similar. Now go watch Donnie Darko
i've seen donie darko, that was another movie where i was like what the hell. i think i understand it now though i might have to watch it gain though.

V

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
i've seen donie darko, that was another movie where i was like what the hell. i think i understand it now though i might have to watch it gain though.
I think they came out with a directors cut of it. I want to see it again as well.