some of the stupid things people say about working out

BMW

Awards
  • Established
what are some dumbs thing people say when you at the gym about fitness one thing i hate is every little runt says how peanut butter sandwhics make you big and the peanut butter stick to your ribs:blink: wtf!!! how the hell is pb gonna seep out your stomach onto your ribs???

bosco

bosco

Awards
  • Established
I don't think pb alone will do the trick- dumb dumbs in the gym. I had one guy tell me that I was doing my dumbbell curls wrong. Said I needed to do them super quick as to stim. my biceps more. I thought the guy was gonna nail himself in the head he was goin so fast. I just stepped back, had a chuckle, and kept on w/ reps.

prollynotjeff

Awards
i had a kid tell me the small pretzels with Peanut butter in them were good for building muscle...cuz 15 of them have 8grams of protien

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I spend 4 hours in the gym everyday and you will see it pay off.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
i'm a trainer so I hear this **** all day. Here's the most common "can you show me some ab exercises I want to get a six pack by summer"

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
The classic line from girl: "I don't want to get bulky"

My wife tried that one. Now she works out with me...and her already gifted glutes just keep getting better.

FTMGuy

Awards
Had someone tell me he was a natrual body builder so he was only taking half a gram of protien per pound of lbm. I just laughed and said what a dumbass...

Another time I was in doing dips, I weighed about 250 lbs at the time and some guy come in with with GF and asked if he could work in with me. He weighed about 180lbs and put on a weight belt and put a 45 on it and did a quick set of dips that took about 15 seconds and told me go big or go home. So a few days later that same guy was doing seated calf raises with about 80lbs on it and his GF was with him again so I asked if I could work in with him. I loaded it with 7 45's did a nice slow set of ten then looked at him and said Go Big or Go Home and just smiled and walked away. He never said anything to me again...

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
the classics are always "work out for a couple hours a day to get huge"

or they just try and brag about how long they are in the gym for.

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
"dude, why are u sweating"- no, im not joking, some idiot actually said that to me.

mildain

Awards
You guys ever get some scrawnny ass dude who thinks your creatine is some type of steroid? I'm like WTF, if I could drink steroids and it taste like fruit punch that would be the ****!

Then I'm like "well it's just creatine you should try it sometime", and then they're like "No dude, I'm all natural, and creatine is TOXIC."

THey then go and eat their postworkout meal which consists of mcdonalds and some twinkies.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
I see soo many idiots where do i start, I love it when people talk about supplements like "oh your one of those guys who take all that supplement crap, what a waste of money, With all those proteins and powders and whatever." And how about the 60 pound preacher curl that involves 3 inches of movement at the top of the curl with the upper back and shoulder doing the lifting, while the other hand assists behind the forearm. Im doing strict form seated alt curls with 50 pounds so this guy looks at me like "pppfffff" and grabs the 70 thinking ill show him. My all time fav guy says dude your getting huge what kind of juice is best for getting huge? hmmm i think for a sec, as i ve never used juice, he then asks orange or grape, I heard grape has more protein.

mab904

mab904

Awards
The gym idiot list is endless indeed. We had this one guy who claimed he gained 50lbs of muscle in 4 weeks using cell tech. The secret to it, according to him, was it had to be the grape, and it had to be from gnc.:blink:

Oh and I love the ones that interrupt my squat workout to tell me, women shouldn't be doing that. It will make your butt big.:rofl:

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
"I don't work legs because I wear pants and it covers them up."....????:blink:

Tighe

Tighe

Awards
My boss is a high school football couch, when he saw me drinking a protein shake he had comments such as, "Have you talked to a doctor about taking that stuff?" and, "I try to keep my players off that."

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Another time I was in doing dips, I weighed about 250 lbs at the time and some guy come in with with GF and asked if he could work in with me. He weighed about 180lbs and put on a weight belt and put a 45 on it and did a quick set of dips that took about 15 seconds and told me go big or go home. So a few days later that same guy was doing seated calf raises with about 80lbs on it and his GF was with him again so I asked if I could work in with him. I loaded it with 7 45's did a nice slow set of ten then looked at him and said Go Big or Go Home and just smiled and walked away. He never said anything to me again...
What an ass!!!:D Nice way to shut him up though:)

Here's a favoite classic dumbass line:

"I dont want to gain too much muscle because when I get older it will all turn into fat"

BV

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
Excuse me, Are you using these weights?

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Oh and I love the ones that interrupt my squat workout to tell me, women shouldn't be doing that. It will make your butt big.:rofl:
And their point is? Who wants a flat ass?:D Hell I want to be able to bounce quarters on that backside.:woohoo:

tattoopierced1

i love the really skinny guys who join for 3 weeks, bring in their Jay Cutler Muscle Tech workout, read it on the flat bench for 30 minutes as so no one else can use it, and taking breaks between sets to read more of his exercises, taking them countless hours in the gym of mostly resting. Oh, and its even better when they wear the spaghetti string wife beaters to show off their "buffness"

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
i love the really skinny guys who join for 3 weeks, bring in their Jay Cutler Muscle Tech workout, read it on the flat bench for 30 minutes as so no one else can use it, and taking breaks between sets to read more of his exercises, taking them countless hours in the gym of mostly resting. Oh, and its even better when they wear the spaghetti string wife beaters to show off their "buffness"
Any kind of reading or cell phone use or excessive talk about what you did last night...or standing directly infront of the weight rack to do bad form curls, simutaneously blocking the mirror and access to the weights!.. amature trainers giving free advice..now this is a pet peeve list oh well.

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
1) there is this old lady (50) sorry beelz, who does a set on every machine and never 2 in a row. Well one day, I needed to use a machine that she hadnt been on for like 10 mins so I just used it. She comes up to me and says " I was using that" I have a short temper so my responce was " thats right, you were, now I am" she says, " I am going to tell the owner" Then I said " I will let him know, as we are going out to dinner after I take a shower" Its nice when the owner is one of your buds.

2) There is this dude who comes in with his great big head phones, Snoop doggy Poop blasting and does one set and then leaves. The bad part is, he isnt a member so he has to pay 5$ each time he comes in. Stupid if you ask me.

3) The fat kid with a "speed stack" telling me I need to do a cut? This dude is seriously 5'8 and 215 atleast with I would say 20% or more BF.

4) I dont do legs cause I run and that makes them strong enough:wtf: Are you freaking kidding me?

5) can you show me what to do for abs. I am kinda chubby, ~~~thinking to myself~~" Chubby my ass, you are fat as hell~~~ So I recommend some easy cardio until they are used to it. But they say " No, I dont need that, I just want to loose my belly" :trout:

6) Any my favorite, right in the middle of a set, mp3 playing in my headphones, I got a tap on the shoulder, what do you know, it was the fat cross eyed kid who said I needed to cut, asking me how to do Tri pushdowns? Right in the middle of a Pushdown rep, what a dumbass!!!

Im out, now Im pissed off and want to kill someone.
Drew

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
1) there is this old lady (50) sorry beelz, who does a set on every machine and never 2 in a row. Well one day, I needed to use a machine that she hadnt been on for like 10 mins so I just used it. She comes up to me and says " I was using that" I have a short temper so my responce was " thats right, you were, now I am" she says, " I am going to tell the owner" Then I said " I will let him know, as we are going out to dinner after I take a shower" Its nice when the owner is one of your buds.
hehe like that one.
My biggest peeve is when people talk on their cell phones in the middle of a set. LEAVE YOUR CELL PHONE IN YOUR CAR!!:frustrate

Rictor33

Awards
  • Established
I love the fat know-it-alls who walk around the gym critiquing the way people who don't look like they know what they're doing how to work out. They won't come within 10 yards of me.. This one fat guy was tryin to act all cool, tryin to teach this kid how to do fuckin kickbacks and after the asshole got done I went up to the kid and told him that if he ever wanted any advice that I would help him out. Sigh...

delta314

Awards
  • Established
My favorite ones are the ones that don't even talk. They come in with their designer gym suits, sit at the smoothie bar for over an hour reading fitness magazines while I'm doing cardio or pushin iorn, sweating like a dog, and when I get out of the shower and I'm leaving I overhear them complaining to each other that they haven't lost any weight. I want to stop in my tracks and say, "hey, get off your fat-ass and do something!"

Bigdaddyandy

Awards
My favorite one's are the fat motherfuckers who are pretty damn big(I'll give them that).
But they will load up bar with a lot of weight(usually their bodyweight). And proceed to use the worst form ever this one fat bastard would lift his ass so far up off the flat bench(It's always the damn flat bench none of them ever do legs). I could have crawled between his ass and the bench. He got 350 that day at 375lbs bw. At the time I was hitting 335 at 190lbs bw. And this douche starting making fun of me for my bench. I laughed and told him to try 300 lbs while keeping his ass on the bench, after a few failed attempts at it I had to pull it off of him. It was because he had already "burned out his muscles when he hit 350". He still did'nt learn his lesson
I never saw this idiot use proper form. Being a big-mouthed smartass I would sometimes make fun of him when he benched by yelling out "Hey,this dude uses his fat ass as a counter balance"
Funny thing is he used to be mayor of my hometown.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
"I'm just trying to get toned."

That one still annoys the hell out of me. That and guys with no lats who walk around like they have a midget under each arm. There was this guy at my old gym, he used to do nothing but walk around the whole gym, real slow. He did slow laps around the place for an hour straight once. Maybe he was rehabbing a leg after surgery or an injury, but he did this for at least a year. It was just weird and annoying.

"Are you done?" This used to drive me nuts, not just when it was asked when I was in the middle of a set on a machine, but more so when I was playing racquetball and someone would pop their head into the court every five minutes and ask this. For some reason these idiots couldn't get that if the ball was still flying around and we were still going after it, changes are I and my partner were not fucking done. As if the abilities to reserve a court and then tell time correctly were beyond these people for some reason.

People who stayed on the court 'cooling down' for 15 to 20 minutes into my court reservation time. Or the best, "Let use finish this point/game." **** you, it's 7:00 get out. Lucky I'm big, when I told people to leave they just did for the most part.

Something else that always bothered me, not something said but done, was guys who would use the dental floss method for drying their crotch after a shower.

Trainers who yell, "More! More! More!" Pumping Iron wannabe?

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
The classic line from girl: "I don't want to get bulky"

My wife tried that one. Now she works out with me...and her already gifted glutes just keep getting better.
Hahahaha bro I train people here at FSU and let me tell you every, and yeah I mean every last, girl I have trained said that in the beginning haha.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I love the classic "how do I turn my muscle into fat" you can't you fat asses, you have to burn the fat LOL. I'm still amused at the nu,ber of people who think creatine is a steroid and the people who think 1 gram of protein is bad for you

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established

They say that like it would be a bad thing. :wtf:

When their getting leaner (subsequently flattening out in alot of areas), a bit of a muscle-butt might be a key to a woman having nicer asthetics.

icequeen

Awards
Today I was sitting IN the leg press machine, with my feet IN PLACE and a girl turns around and says to me "are all of those plates for YOU?" I wanted to say "No, I'm just keeping the seat warm."

Pushofabutton

Awards
I love doing HIIT on a bike and ppl always ask WTF im trying to do.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today I was sitting IN the leg press machine, with my feet IN PLACE and a girl turns around and says to me "are all of those plates for YOU?" I wanted to say "No, I'm just keeping the seat warm."
Holy Cow. The Ice Queen Cometh!!! Long time stranger. You would be a tremendous contributor around here in regard to...well many things. But there are probably a few women that would realy enjoy your contributions. Plus I know I would and do. Great to see you.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
A guy I know told me he used to be in really great shape. He had been hitting the gym twice daily for 2-3 hours per session. His friends are all trainers so they know what they're doing :rolleyes: He was running ephedra for about a year :think:

DarkAnimal73

DarkAnimal73

Awards
"Ive got this bottle of Androfuel thats been sitting in a box next to the furnace...im gonna do a 2 week cycle of it then wait about 6 weeks and finish it up and ill be stacking with creatine"

this was a guy at my gym a month ago:rofl:

icequeen

Awards
Holy Cow. The Ice Queen Cometh!!! Long time stranger. You would be a tremendous contributor around here in regard to...well many things. But there are probably a few women that would realy enjoy your contributions. Plus I know I would and do. Great to see you.

Thank you so much! It's nice to be back in the loop.

ALSO, I like the line "You know, you really shouldn't workout so much; guys don't like girls with muscles."

mab904

mab904

Awards
ALSO, I like the line "You know, you really shouldn't workout so much; guys don't like girls with muscles."
LOL...love it! And the women who say, " I just want to tone up, not get muscles like you. My husband wouldn't like that." Well then tell your husband to quit checkin' out my butt :hammer:.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
LOL...love it! And the women who say, " I just want to tone up, not get muscles like you. My husband wouldn't like that." Well then tell your husband to quit checkin' out my butt :hammer:.
Lmao, so true.
My gym is in a little ass town, I have 24/7 access, so most of the time I'm only one person in the gym. I guess i'm lucky this way.:woohoo:

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Coworker: I'm starting to workout again
Me: Really, where do you go?
CW: At my house
Me: What all do you have there?
CW: Some plates and a curl bar.
Me: ????
CW: I only want some big guns to show off. Should I do like a bunch of curls everyday and will my arms get huge?
Me: Go away
CW: No, seriously. What do you reccomend I take?
Me: What's your diet like?
CW: What? I just want some big guns.

My cousin is getting a D-1 football scholarship as a DL. He is a big kid who also does bench competitions. I tried talking to him about it one day and he told me the line about creatine "being a steroid." He went on to relate some tale about a kid who "overdosed" on creatine. Apparently this kid took so much of the stuff that his chest expanded too much and exploded. With a straight-face and the seriousness of a D-day vet relating Normandy Beach, my cousin told me this tale. I tried so hard, I really did, not to smack him for making me more stupid from hearing his story.

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
My husband wouldn't like that." Well then tell your husband to quit checkin' out my butt :hammer:.
too great! mab, im glad u know how great your butt looks...i KNOW u worked damn hard to get it like that...

lol, i went to the gym yesterday and did leg/butt workouts...im so sore and lets just say....my butt isnt in such good shape to where im willing to post a thong pic...yet....one day....hopefully.

King Nothing

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Had someone tell me he was a natrual body builder so he was only taking half a gram of protien per pound of lbm. I just laughed and said what a dumbass...

This is the greatest story I have ever heard in my life! haha awesome
-Chris

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
Any of you ever hear "That guy right there has no life. He's here 5 days a week." Referring to me I just smilled and said whatever.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Any of you ever hear "That guy right there has no life. He's here 5 days a week." Referring to me I just smilled and said whatever.
Talk about no life...those donkies are actually taking the time to keep track of your schedule. I think you know how to deal with these peeps :FUfinger:

If they took as much interest in their own development as they do in yours they'd probably be more content with life.

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
Talk about no life...those donkies are actually taking the time to keep track of your schedule. I think you know how to deal with these peeps :FUfinger:

If they took as much interest in their own development as they do in yours they'd probably be more content with life.

i think they just say such crap because they are just jealous that they are small, pudgy, etc...

sparks1420

Awards
older people always seem to say one day when u stop working out its all gonna turn to fat

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established
older people always seem to say one day when u stop working out its all gonna turn to fat

First off what makes them so sure your going to stop working out?
And second of all how exactly do they think that muscle tissue wich is comprised of amino acids is some how going to break down and magically transform into triglycerides and be stored in subquetaneous fat cells? Its hard to believe how many people still think thats true.
I hear people get it wrong the other way around to, stating that they are trying to turn some of their fat into muscle. I dont flame them when they say it or anything, but I'll either explain it to them politely if they seem interested in learning, or just roll my eyes when their not looking if they dont seem to want to know. It's like "good luck with that pal, I'd like to turn limestone into gold, but hey, whatever."

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Ok, so who's gonna man up and admit to saying some of or something similar to what has already been mentioned so far? We've all been newbie's at one time or another. I know Beelzebub asks me everyday if him and I can trade sets of calves. Yeah, like that's possible jackass. Leave me alone already.

Khyron

Awards
How many time have I heard this one " I don't want to put on to much muscle, so I'll just stick to cardio for weight loss". Yeah right, like they gain 20lbs or more of muscle in one month of weightlifting. Only if your re-gaining the muscle mass you loss from an injury or dieting.

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established
How many time have I heard this one " I don't want to put on to much muscle, so I'll just stick to cardio for weight loss". Yeah right, like they gain 20lbs or more of muscle in one month of weightlifting. Only if your re-gaining the muscle mass you loss from an injury or dieting.

Nice "Blitzwing" avatar (decepticon triple changer.):head: