IP Blocker

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone use an IP blocker? If so, then which one?

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Be more specific, what's the objective?, I'll suggest an app(s).
Something that blocks my IP when I am online. Like if I am looking at a site they, or anyone else can't tell that I am look at it. And always blocks my IP address when using a P2P like Limewire.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
The easiest and highly effective way to disguise your IPA from websites and prevent your ISP from seeing where you're going is to use TOR at http://tor.freehaven.net Turn off Java and Java script and flush your cache and cookies before and after. It's also a good idea to prevent incoming ICMP packets(pings) in your firewall. Turn off Image loading and manually select pics if it's too slow for you.

Convience and Security have an inverse relationship.

For P2P, use Peer Guardian 2 and release and renew (change) your IPA, if it's static (unchanging) fairly frequently by going to the command prompt, typing ipconfig/release, then typing ipconfig/renew, wait for a new IPA to be established, cold boot and try again if unsuccessful the first time.

Downloaders of pirate files are at little risk of a bust, there's too many of us and the ISPs don't want to care, but it's wise to stay a moving target by changing one's address fairly often.
I downloaded that program. I got tor and Privoxy running now and have no idea how to use either of them. It seems like a privately designed program and is a little shaky using it.

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
To get a zombie, isn't a RAT needed?

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
I can't believe people still use IE. It's all about the FOX...

Chippewa

Chippewa

Awards
  • Established
I hear people say that java can reveal sensitive info, but Hushmail is also considered an good pick for secure email. If one contacts Hushmail through a proxy that's already encrypted (in ADDITION to the encryption Hushmail uses anyway), what about that?

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
RD, when you are surfing and check your TOR log, should it say

"Jan 22 **:**:13.781 [Notice] connection_ap_expire_beginning(): Stream is 15 seconds late on address '[scrubbed]'. Retrying."

I checked my IP and it was different so that is good, but its like surfing on 56k :blink: . Anything I can do to up my speed while using Privoxy and the TOR?