Gym question

Head Nurse

Awards
What do you look for in a gym??? What would draw you to join???

xxtruxx1

xxtruxx1

Awards
  • Established
Reasonable price, good atmosphere, clean equipment, variety of machines/weight, distance from home.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What do you look for in a gym??? What would draw you to join???
Ummmm... Countless MILF's? :icon_lol:

I look for a well equiped free weight room.. and a squat rack. And Im good.

Adams

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Location: gotta be close to the crib. Price: don't want to spend a grip. Clients: I like an uncrowded place with no hotties, they distract me and make me think bad thoughts. Equipment: I like to have a good variety of training options at my disposal.

Head Nurse

Awards
Cool this is a good start....but I need more......I have plans in the works to start/open my own gym.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
In that case, ... I look for a gym that gives free juice!

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
BWAHAHA...yeah the Dbolbannana smoothie rocks...

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
Location: gotta be close to the crib. Price: don't want to spend a grip. Clients: I like an uncrowded place with no hotties, they distract me and make me think bad thoughts. Equipment: I like to have a good variety of training options at my disposal.
But if you have a pimmped out rig, the drive there could be chill, maybe even dope...

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
Lifting platforms....(my gym did not have them and does not allow dead lifts wtf.)

as said earlier, countless milfs (that mine DID have)

a pool

open 24/7 (i love going in the middle of the night to lift, hot tub, steam, ect.)

I would like my gym to have members that are big to learn from and motivate me.

Head Nurse

Awards
MILF??? that's not what I think that means is it hehehe
24/7 for sure....juice bar.....hugh weight room for sure....pool/sauna/hot tub/steam room.....showers for sure giggle.....I'll need trainers too ( that will be fun giggle giggle).
What else???

delta314

Awards
  • Established
On the serious side, I belong to a WG (franchise) that's in an old strip mall. It isn't real large, doesn't have all the bells and whistles the other ones in town have, and the equipment isn't in the best of shape. But, we have some hardcore real good people that workout there. Always willing to answer questions from the few new people that think they want to train at 5am..(but end up not coming back most of the time). I'm there at 5am with about 6-8 regulars. We share a few laughs, but the mood is hardcore training. We have a guy that brings enough dry skinless chicken breasts to feed us all every day. (Sometimes when we are lucky, we get cold salmon for breakfast around 7am):food: The roof leaks and the heater doesn't always work, (ac either), but I wouldn't want a membership anywhere else. It would be nice to have a pool and a sauna, but we don't. People make a gym.:thumbsup:

SuPPLementJuNkY

Banned
Awards
wats up im new to this website but not new to supplements but i think as long as u have a gym that u can train hard and not that many people are there like ballys and other gyms like that then its good. if u are going to open a gym it would be good to have a shake bar for as soon as u finish ur workout u can buy a shake and leave and it would be nice to have some milfs their too.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
i just quit my gym, powerhouse, has changed and when I was shopping for gyms I decided I wanted one with a pool, and some racketball rooms, so with my health coverage ( you get a deal when you join because its mad $$$$ if not)I joined health and racket and hope to be there for 8 yrs like i was at powerhouse.

Head Nurse

Awards
okay so we have a weight room, juice bar, pool, ball courts, after work out relaxers...... Sound system or no???? I love my XM radio.......

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Day care facilty for those with children. In fact, my wife and I and searching for a gym right now with a reasonable day care facilty included. Great idea IMO.

Head Nurse

Awards
Day care facilty for those with children. In fact, my wife and I and searching for a gym right now with a reasonable day care facilty included. Great idea IMO.
mmmm maybe....I was a member of a gym that had one. Wasn't a good for me - yes I had small kids then. I'll do a market poll in the area that I'm planning on.
was how ever planing on rules and guidelines for minors. my gym now has that and it works really well - what do you all think??

delta314

Awards
  • Established
okay so we have a weight room, juice bar, pool, ball courts, after work out relaxers...... Sound system or no???? I love my XM radio.......
I think the music starts more arguments than anything else. This guy wants country, this girl likes pop......I finally got tired of the BS and bought a 30 GB Ipod. I love it! Everyone else is moaning about the lousy choice of tunes and I'm slammin iorn and jammin:dance:

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
make sure you tie the clips off so people don't take them from the cable machines.and also make sure you have extra pins for when assholes take those too and don't put them back..lol

A good amount of hammerstrength equipement, freeweights, and cable machines

pool would be cool

No juicebar.....a boxing room...and a masseuse on site

the gym i go to now actually has these cardio machines with some kind of "fitness network" thing going on. On each piece of cardio equipmen there is a box with a small tv, cd/tape player. You can plug your headphones in and listen to whatever u want on tv, and they have a music channel, and you can play cd's. I've never used that till this current gym, but I can say it definitely keeps me going when I'm doing cardio.

oh and if you can keep it on one floor that would be cool too. The worst is doing legs then having to walk UP STAIRS two flights for something else

Blesum

Blesum

Maestro
Awards
Head Nurse,

I suggest doing a bit more research and learning the termology of various things involving fitness, weight lifting and gym related things before opening one up.

A juice bar would be expensive and complicated to operate. You'd also notice that almost none of the body builders here will wind up buying the juices at this bar despite the previous posts on this thread. Delta314 and Bpmartyr were not talking about fruity juices, but something else completely. Google up the word, ask around or read up a bit and the light will go off over your head.

If you were to provide exactly what these boys were asking for in regards to juice, your gym would probably be a smashing success until you got caught. Food for thought.

-Blesum

delta314

Awards
  • Established
Head Nurse,

I suggest doing a bit more research and learning the termology of various things involving fitness, weight lifting and gym related things before opening one up.

A juice bar would be expensive and complicated to operate. You'd also notice that almost none of the body builders here will wind up buying the juices at this bar despite the previous posts on this thread. Delta314 and Bpmartyr were not talking about fruity juices, but something else completely. Google up the word, ask around or read up a bit and the light will go off over your head.

If you were to provide exactly what these boys were asking for in regards to juice, your gym would be a smashing success until you got caught. Food for thought.

-Blesum
Relax Blesum,
Both of our posts were made in jest. No one here would ever suggest offering any illegal substances for sale. A juice bar can be a very good idea, and could increase your profit margin. Do a search for "City Blends". It is easy to setup and operate. I get a protein smoothie every morning after my workout. They are pretty tasty and not a bad price.

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
Classic...

Do a search for frannklin athletic club. That is the best gym in the world...

Blesum

Blesum

Maestro
Awards
Relax Blesum,
Both of our posts were made in jest.
I thought the posts were funny, but was concerned by how clueless Head Nurse was coming off as. :blink: If he, or she knew all along, then the joke's on me. :icon_lol:

-Blesum

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
Do you want to make money or do you want to have a hardcore gym? Something to think about.

From my observations, many of the "typical" gym-goers on this board are smart with their money - they want the best bang for the buck. I'm not so sure that this is the best demographic for making money off of (cuz I'm a cheap bastard myself at least).

I'm not saying it won't work, it's just that around my city, most of the "hardcore" gyms have been replaced by the more successful, "fancy" fitness places. Grrrr.

As for the juice bar - unless the price is barely above what I can get it for myself on a bulk discount internet purchase, I'm not going to buy one too often. However, if you were to somehow decorate it with a couple of hot chicks who serve it/talk to you/etc - you'd probably get more guys to buy it. Sad but true - at least for me, LoL.

But to get chicks in there, you'll need cardio machines and an atmosphere that doesn't intimidate them. Sadly, it seems it's that atmosphere that intimidates guys more, LoL.

For me it's location, equipment quality, atmosphere, and lots of mirrors.

But remember, Ferrari may make better cars, but I see more Sunfire's on the road.

delta314

Awards
  • Established
I thought the posts were funny, but was concerned by how clueless Head Nurse was coming off as. :blink: If he, or she knew all along, then the joke's on me. :icon_lol:

-Blesum
I'd hope that H N knew we were just BS'n around...although I guess you never can tell...I'd hoped the banana flavored Dbol gave it away :rofl:

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
OK I think HN is confused...

Anyways, HN...The best gym in the world, my favorite gym is a subtle mix of hard core and "Fitness center"

What we have is...

A very cool atmosphere, nice colors a few pieces of art, trippy lighting, DB's to 150, full set up of Hammer plate loaded everything, 158 pieces of cardio equipment each one with a 14" lcd screen, and full internet- cable- and dvd, A "cardio theatre" (this was once a 8 screen movie theatre, and they left one of the theatres on a slant took out the seats and replaced it with treads-bikes-and elipticals they keep the lights low and play full lenght movies with the theatre sound and all, top it off with an awesome child care equiped with pagers for the parents so you can be anywhere in the club and know if your child needs you. Add in the MILFS, Hotties, and a few hot cjicks at the front counter, and great parking...all for $27 a month...SOLD!

Oh yeah did I mention free unlimited tanning?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OK I think HN is confused...

Anyways, HN...The best gym in the world, my favorite gym is a subtle mix of hard core and "Fitness center"

What we have is...

A very cool atmosphere, nice colors a few pieces of art, trippy lighting, DB's to 150, full set up of Hammer plate loaded everything, 158 pieces of cardio equipment each one with a 14" lcd screen, and full internet- cable- and dvd, A "cardio theatre" (this was once a 8 screen movie theatre, and they left one of the theatres on a slant took out the seats and replaced it with treads-bikes-and elipticals they keep the lights low and play full lenght movies with the theatre sound and all, top it off with an awesome child care equiped with pagers for the parents so you can be anywhere in the club and know if your child needs you. Add in the MILFS, Hotties, and a few hot cjicks at the front counter, and great parking...all for $27 a month...SOLD!

Oh yeah did I mention free unlimited tanning?

Oh wow... where is this fitness heaven?

Adams

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
Franklin Tennesse, the most beutifull place in the world...sadly 1500 mile from my present residence.

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
Franklin Tennesse - yeah, that pretty much sounds like my favorite gym, and I haven't even seen it.

The cool art pieces really sounds like a nice touch. I saw a gym in another city while on holidays that had a waterfall in the front lobby. It may be excessive, etc, but it sure did add a touch of class.

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
It really is sweet, the "Spin" room is reall dark, with really loud music, and track lighting through out.

There is 2 bball courts, a boxing ring, the whole 9

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
damn man....i want that gym. My gym is 60 bucks a month and not nearly as cool. Theres like one milf that every guy sweats....which is actually good so u can get a good workout in and get out of there..however hot chicks give me motivation

how about a girl dancing in a cage or something..now that would be nice.

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
how about a girl dancing in a cage or something..now that would be nice.
That's a great idea until the females working out want equal rights...

although I would consider it if it gave me a free membership, LoL

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
hm...one thats not crowded....doesnt have many young guys... teenagers.......

Head Nurse

Awards
Well thanks for the insults....try and give some people some credit ok....I just wanted to get some ideas from some gym goingers but at the same time have some fun with it.....If you feel that I am that much of a moron, why would you want to post....

fbxdan

fbxdan

Awards
  • Established
What's wrong with teenagers? We need a place to workout too, lol. That being said, actually I agree. Most teens my age that lift at the gym I go to are complete morons, that just take up space and aren't serious about what they're doing.

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
Well thanks for the insults....try and give some people some credit ok....I just wanted to get some ideas from some gym goingers but at the same time have some fun with it.....If you feel that I am that much of a moron, why would you want to post....
We were just fooling around. I hope I did not offend you.

Do you care to share more about your future plans? I am in the process of buying a gym as well...

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
free weights, lots of single benches that can be angled to incline.

squat racks

breathing room so im not bumping into everyone

decline benches (lot of gyms dont have these)

Head Nurse

Awards
We were just fooling around. I hope I did not offend you.

Do you care to share more about your future plans? I am in the process of buying a gym as well...
I wish you the best of luck with your gym....seriously I do

Head Nurse

Awards
I am looking at a place with lots of floor space - single story and in a fast growing part of town....
As for the teen issue....not sure about it and it isn't high on my list at the moment....

Head Nurse

Awards
free weights, lots of single benches that can be angled to incline.

squat racks

breathing room so im not bumping into everyone

decline benches (lot of gyms dont have these)
I have benches of different styles on the equiptment list...any certain manufacturers that you like better then the other?

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
I have benches of different styles on the equiptment list...any certain manufacturers that you like better then the other?
ive always liked what hammer strength puts out, dont know if they make those kinds of benches.

and an extra add on for the free weights, at the gym i go to there are two sets of each weight, i cant tell you how happy that makes me.

GrossSizeRocks

Awards
sorinex.com makes Rolls Royce type equipment. If it's out of your budget, at least use the site to see what kinds of stuff you wish you could get.

They will sell as many or as few pieces to a home or public gym as you want, but they specialize in entire set-ups for major colleges and pro teams, and of course they travel anywhere to get you set up.

Nope, I don't get a cent for this, just live nearby and love his stuff. A Sorinex equipped home gym is high on my if-I-win-the-lottery list.

Head Nurse

Awards
sorinex.com makes Rolls Royce type equipment. If it's out of your budget, at least use the site to see what kinds of stuff you wish you could get.

They will sell as many or as few pieces to a home or public gym as you want, but they specialize in entire set-ups for major colleges and pro teams, and of course they travel anywhere to get you set up.

Nope, I don't get a cent for this, just live nearby and love his stuff. A Sorinex equipped home gym is high on my if-I-win-the-lottery list.
thank you I will take a look at the site......

delta314

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure no one intended to insult you, especially me. I think sometimes these threads go off in an entirely wrong direction. Regardless, You sound like you know what you are doing and I wish you the best of luck!

Head Nurse

Awards
I'm sure no one intended to insult you, especially me. I think sometimes these threads go off in an entirely wrong direction. Regardless, You sound like you know what you are doing and I wish you the best of luck!
I wouldn't be to sure of that.....I knew that the 2 of you where just picking fun and I was having fun with it.

Head Nurse

Awards
Just for the record..I am very serious when it comes to money and success. I am very prudent with all my business ventures and have done very well thank you very much. The joking around I do on this board is just that.....while getting the opinions of the folks I have come to know and respect.