Call of Duty 2, Xbox 360

  1. Registered User
    jarhead's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  243 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,295
    Answers
    0

    Call of Duty 2, Xbox 360


    Anyone played it yet? Just got it and I must say it is friggin amazing. I play it on a huge high def flat screen w/ surround sound, and it feels like your in the middle of the war. Definitely a must have.

  2. Registered User
    UHCougar05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,227
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead
    Anyone played it yet? Just got it and I must say it is friggin amazing. I play it on a huge high def flat screen w/ surround sound, and it feels like your in the middle of the war. Definitely a must have.
    I don't have an XBOX 360, but I played it on PS2 on a DLP HDTV. The graphics were alright, but it was definitely cool to play. The sound and background sound effects were unreal. Can't wait to play it on the 360, I hear it's incredible.
  3. Gold Member
    Pioneer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    965
    Answers
    0

    beat the demo each time i go into best buy.

    the game is awesome.
    •   
       

  4. Board Supporter
    gixxman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    113
    Answers
    0

    This game is best on pc format...the online play is where its most entertaining!
  5. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    bpmartyr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,448
    Answers
    0

    All games are better on PC IMHO.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  6. Registered User
    UHCougar05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,227
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by gixxman
    This game is best on pc format...the online play is where its most entertaining!


    I canna do it Captain; My PC just doesn't have the Powerrrrr....
  7. Pop-Lock champion of 84'
    Pfunk47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    386
    Answers
    0

    agreed with the other PC enthusiasts - PC's blow xbox 360 out of the water !! - and battlefield 2 is a way better game - but COD2 looked cool - I"ll give it that.
  8. Registered User
    Gumbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    194
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr
    All games are better on PC IMHO.
    Agreed.

    Better control configuration, more multiplayer options, and more regular patching.

    Gumbo
  9. Registered User
    jarhead's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  243 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,295
    Answers
    0

    Yeah, but my pc is only good for porn and these boards. I actually prefer the controller layout to mouse and keyboard for FPS. I've never tried a sports title on pc, but couldn't imagine playing my beloved madden on it. It's nice that they're closing the gap between console and pc's, but pc's are always going to have the edge in power I suppose. The reviews for a few titles on the 360 so far are pretty positive. Quake 4 is damn near identical to its pc counterpart.
  10. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    bpmartyr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,448
    Answers
    0

    Anyone play F.E.A.R. yet? I thought it rocked. Recommend the higher difficulty setting to make it challenging.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  11. Gold Member
    Pioneer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    965
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr
    Anyone play F.E.A.R. yet? I thought it rocked. Recommend the higher difficulty setting to make it challenging.
    i unfortunately must admit... ive have had some time off and beat it on medium, hard, then extreme.. in less then a week.

    it was one of the best games ive played, keep getting more and more of the story each time i play.
  12. Registered User
    TrainTilUDrop's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    78
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by gixxman
    This game is best on pc format...the online play is where its most entertaining!
    Not in this case.

    First off on a PC you don't usually have High Def video. Second off the 360 version are the same graphics as PC and in fact the damn thing is more powerful than basically 99% of pc's out there. I don't even know of a tricore processors mixed with that nice ATI graphics card.

    But yes the game is amazing. I have it and play it on a 32" LCD with 5.1 Dolby surround (which 360 is tuned for) and the sound is just incredible.
  13. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    bpmartyr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,448
    Answers
    0

    I don't know man, my 22" CRT Viewsonic Pro series at 1600x1200 powered by X800XT PE looks pretty fing amazing to me. I would have to put the 360 with HD right next to it for a real objective opinion but I sure do love my CPU room! Audigy 5.1 with external processor and powered surround with sub and can you say "holy **** this game sounds good!"
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  14. Board Supporter
    doggzj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    952
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by TrainTilUDrop
    Not in this case.

    First off on a PC you don't usually have High Def video. Second off the 360 version are the same graphics as PC and in fact the damn thing is more powerful than basically 99% of pc's out there. I don't even know of a tricore processors mixed with that nice ATI graphics card.

    But yes the game is amazing. I have it and play it on a 32" LCD with 5.1 Dolby surround (which 360 is tuned for) and the sound is just incredible.
    99% of PCs aren't gaming rigs. Any current system craps on the xbox360 in terms of power.
  15. Board Supporter
    Magickk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    769
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Pfunk47
    agreed with the other PC enthusiasts - PC's blow xbox 360 out of the water !! - and battlefield 2 is a way better game - but COD2 looked cool - I"ll give it that.
    I play the **** outta bf2, I even got the expansion pack... Well, used to until I started playing WoW...
  16. Board Supporter
    Magickk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    769
    Answers
    0

    For STRAIGHT graphics, XBOX 360 > MOST PCs, CURRENTLY! I have a 3.4ghz, 2GB RAM, nvidia 6800 gt(oc), and a 19" viewsonic 4ms refresh rate flat screen monitor. So my games look amazing on PC. However, there is NO WAY I'd ever limit my gaming to one platform. Sports games, racing games belong to the consoles. FPS and MMOs (with the exception of Halo) belong on the PC imo. =)
  17. Gold Member
    BOHICA's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,196
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Magickk
    I play the **** outta bf2, I even got the expansion pack... Well, used to until I started playing WoW...
    Fairy... I hope you have that coffee can right next to your desk for you to crap in so you don't miss some spectactular raid in that game.
  18. Gold Member
    Pioneer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    965
    Answers
    0

    consol game developers have it much easier because each person that will be able to play the game will have the same system specs since the same consol will be sold to everyone. basically you have set possibilities and you try to maximize with.

    with computer game you need to take into effect the crappy systems and also the high end systems and make a game that both can play. its really a lot harder to make a pc game.

    but in terms of processing and "gaming power" the pc wins without a doubt. though the xbox is basically a pc in a smaller box it still isn't as powerful as some of the gaming rigs out there. with dual core + hyper threading technology plus new PCI express x 16 (instead of VGA) video cards graphics on PC can be insane. also you could always stick 2 256mb Nvidia or ATI video cards together in one machine (they are doing that now)

    as for sound, the new creative X-Fi series sound cards are just as good as any other sound system out there (maybe not bose) but you could hook up a 7.1 surround sound system to it and it would be life like.

    plus the new video cards have s-video out slots so basically you could run your comp off any Hi-def tv and have the gaming system of your life at your finger tips.

    .02
  19. Board Supporter
    Magickk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    769
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by BOHICA
    Fairy... I hope you have that coffee can right next to your desk for you to crap in so you don't miss some spectactular raid in that game.
    LOL!
  20. Gold Member
    BOHICA's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,196
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer
    but in terms of processing and "gaming power" the pc wins without a doubt. though the xbox is basically a pc in a smaller box it still isn't as powerful as some of the gaming rigs out there. with dual core + hyper threading technology plus new PCI express x 16 (instead of VGA) video cards graphics on PC can be insane. also you could always stick 2 256mb Nvidia or ATI video cards together in one machine (they are doing that now)

    as for sound, the new creative X-Fi series sound cards are just as good as any other sound system out there (maybe not bose) but you could hook up a 7.1 surround sound system to it and it would be life like.

    plus the new video cards have s-video out slots so basically you could run your comp off any Hi-def tv and have the gaming system of your life at your finger tips.

    .02
    I'm running a p4 3.5 - 2 gigs corsair ram, 2 512 nvidia 7800gtx sli'd and 5.1 surround sound.

    Wasn't cheap but the second card was a gift.
  21. Registered User
    jarhead's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  243 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,295
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer
    consol game developers have it much easier because each person that will be able to play the game will have the same system specs since the same consol will be sold to everyone. basically you have set possibilities and you try to maximize with.

    with computer game you need to take into effect the crappy systems and also the high end systems and make a game that both can play. its really a lot harder to make a pc game.

    but in terms of processing and "gaming power" the pc wins without a doubt. though the xbox is basically a pc in a smaller box it still isn't as powerful as some of the gaming rigs out there. with dual core + hyper threading technology plus new PCI express x 16 (instead of VGA) video cards graphics on PC can be insane. also you could always stick 2 256mb Nvidia or ATI video cards together in one machine (they are doing that now)

    as for sound, the new creative X-Fi series sound cards are just as good as any other sound system out there (maybe not bose) but you could hook up a 7.1 surround sound system to it and it would be life like.

    plus the new video cards have s-video out slots so basically you could run your comp off any Hi-def tv and have the gaming system of your life at your finger tips.

    .02

    Good points. The way I looked at it though, was could I get a pc that would beat the 360 down for $399.00? Nope. I also appreciate the simplicity of consoles-power on, pop in game and go. My kids have a hard time screwing even that up.
  22. Board Supporter
    Magickk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    769
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by BOHICA
    I'm running a p4 3.5 - 2 gigs corsair ram, 2 512 nvidia 7800gtx sli'd and 5.1 surround sound.

    Wasn't cheap but the second card was a gift.
    HOLY ****......

    what mobo?
  23. Gold Member
    Pioneer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    965
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead
    Good points. The way I looked at it though, was could I get a pc that would beat the 360 down for $399.00? Nope. I also appreciate the simplicity of consoles-power on, pop in game and go. My kids have a hard time screwing even that up.
    very true about the pricing, but in a year there will be without a doubt the same or better specs on low end comps. since computer technology doubles every other week.

    but youre also right on the plug and play postivies of consoles. no loading of games on the hard drive and tweaking the game for better performance, makes it a bit easier.

    but of course i NEED to mention... you cant play my favorite type of game on consoles, the RTS.
    Last edited by Pioneer; 01-10-2006 at 04:03 PM.
  24. Registered User
    TrainTilUDrop's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    78
    Answers
    0

    Dude there comes a point where overall power just doesn't matter anymore. Programmers can't even keep up with how expensive games are to make now. They could easily make games that would blow you out of the damn water but it costs too much.

    In fact if you watch IGN videos (I downloaded mine off xbox live) it talks about games that are made for 360 and PC and the games are identical. Nothing changes except sometimes the missions, etc. The graphics are absolutely identical on the 360 than the pc.

    The HD, however, is the amazing thing. You just can't beat a game in HD on 1080 lines of resolution. I, too, was a computer gamer and still am but I have to give it to the 360 for the WOW factor when hooked to a good tv and surround sound system.

    But it doesnt matter if you are running 2 3.2 GHZ processors with 2 graphics cards against the 360's Tricore 3.2 GHZ processor with one graphics card, graphics and gameplay will be identical, As long as framerate stays above 40 or so everything will look identical.
  25. Gold Member
    Pioneer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    965
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by TrainTilUDrop
    Dude there comes a point where overall power just doesn't matter anymore. Programmers can't even keep up with how expensive games are to make now. They could easily make games that would blow you out of the damn water but it costs too much.

    In fact if you watch IGN videos (I downloaded mine off xbox live) it talks about games that are made for 360 and PC and the games are identical. Nothing changes except sometimes the missions, etc. The graphics are absolutely identical on the 360 than the pc.

    The HD, however, is the amazing thing. You just can't beat a game in HD on 1080 lines of resolution. I, too, was a computer gamer and still am but I have to give it to the 360 for the WOW factor when hooked to a good tv and surround sound system.

    But it doesnt matter if you are running 2 3.2 GHZ processors with 2 graphics cards against the 360's Tricore 3.2 GHZ processor with one graphics card, graphics and gameplay will be identical, As long as framerate stays above 40 or so everything will look identical.
    graphics and gameplay can be seen the same at the begining. maybe even the xbox looked better at the begining of its time compared to computers. i remember halo looking amazing to anything the comp produced but time went on and the computer caught up and by the end looked way better.

    but im a fan of both, i have a xbox plus a comp, i play games on both so i see where youre coming from. i just think the computer can give a better show at most things.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
    By bLacKjAck. in forum General Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-07-2010, 12:40 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-21-2009, 11:34 AM
  3. Calling all gamers: Call of Duty World at War Beta
    By liquid in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-29-2008, 11:07 PM
  4. Call of Duty 4
    By CHA0S in forum General Chat
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 08-23-2008, 03:53 PM
  5. Playstation 3: Call of Duty 4 anyone??
    By joebo in forum General Chat
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-20-2008, 04:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in