16 year old in my class placed in mental hospitol

Status
Not open for further replies.
spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
Well just as the name sounds, a 16 year old in my physiology class got placed in a mental hospitol over the weekend.

The question I ask is, why?

I know why they put him in there, he had a hit list (so I hear, and it was a teacher who told me so its probably not just a rumor). Before you ask, I never talked to the kid, so I probably was not on it.

That answers why they actually placed him in there, but doesnt answer the question "what help does he need?"

I'm not judging him, but this kid has every aspect of a "loser" in him. Unfortunatly, others do judge him.

Some people are born crazy. Not this kid. He use to be a happy go lucky kid untill high school rolled around and for some reason everyone had to find someone to pick on.

Lets get away from andrew for a second and look at the kids who DID carry out there hit list, the columbine kids in... colorado?

Who did they go after? Jocks. They were driven to insanity by the "popular" kids in school. When ever the jocks were pissed for what ever reason (ex. they lost a football game, there slut girlfriends cheated on them for the second time in a week) who did they take it out on? Thats right, the two kids that would eventually kill them.

Back to my school. I get picked on a decent ammount in school too. Not nearly as much as the kid with the list, but a good ammount. This is mostly because I am a christian. No, not one of those people who clain to be a christian, a real one. If someone, even if they are half the size of me smacks me in the face, I turn the other cheek and forgive. They think they are tough because they can pick on a big kid and get away with it.

Reminds me of a conversation I had yesterday with some dumbass as I was leaving school.

kid- "you dont need a faster car, you drive like a bitch anyway"
me- "a bitch, huh? So after you hit 115 on the freeway, run off the road, and hit a tree, go to the hospitol with you mom crying by your bedside because your in a coma, will I still be a bitch for driving 60 on the freeway. Will being an idiot make you more hardcore or something"
kid-"(pause)... **** you"

This made me realize that the only reason kids drive fast and pick on me is to feel "tough."

But feeling tough after picking on the kid who made the list? not a chance. I believe they did that to vent there anger. Which raises the question, do they, or does the kid with the list, need the anger management.

Now i'm not condoning what the columbine kids did what so ever. It was a truly evil act, and even in the face of all the being made fun of they had to endure, there is no reason not to forgive someone. But lets put ourselves in there shoes for a second. My teacher said today that the kids who shot other students at columbine were restless souls. Honestly, I have to disagree. Even if they are dead, they have the comfort of never being picked on again.

This all begs the question, does the kid who threatened society need change, or does society itslef need change?

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
hey bro, kids will be kids man no matter what you do people are going to pick on other people, I understand that your religious and all but if someone hits you hit em back man, you need to stand up for yourself violence dosent solve everything but you give that kid a black eye i bet him and his friends don't mess with you anymore, i know high school is stressful for kids ur age and the last thing you guys need is someone bullying you around, but to make a hit list of peoplem you going to kill is crossing the line theres plenty of kids that get picked on and dont make a hit list, like i said kids will be kids and always will be, the kids that get picked on need to stand up for themselves a little more. an eye for an eye man if you get hit i say hit em back if your christian then god will forgive.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Man, when I first got into high school - the same damn thing happened to me. I was one on the only Italian kids in a red-neck school, and I got good grades so I was the 'big-nosed guinea dork' for the first couple years. Girls wouldnt give me the time of day, etc.

I didnt grab a gun - I hung a chin up bar in the barn (grew up on a farm) and did pushups every night - I didnt know **** about lifting weights back then but I did get strong enough to where I could do more pushups/situps/etc than most of these 'jocks' that picked on me and I started showing them up in gym class, arm wrestling matches during lunch:), etc.

As my confidence grew, everything started to change.

I knowit sucks to be the butt of everyone's jokes, but these kids need to get out from behind the f*cking playstation and start bettering themselves through the means that are within their grasp.

Overcoming the high school bullshit is a right of passage in our society that everyone goes through. These kids that resort to murder to solve their problems are shitheads on the same level as the punks that berate them.

Get the damn doritos out of your mouth, hit the iron, get jacked and then steal the prick's girlfriend. Now that's justice.

BV

fbxdan

fbxdan

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it man. Sounds like typical high school b.s. to me. However, I don't care what religion you are, it's important to stand up for yourself. If someone is being a jerk, call them on it. Sometimes fighting is a neccesity. You don't want to give people the impression they can walk over you. High school is all about image, and its up to you which image you portray yourself as.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Quick comment on the "turn the other cheek" thing. In Jewish culture a slap on the face was an insult and Jesus was referring to just that, an insult. If someone insults you, you should not return insult for insult (if you are a Christian that is). OTOH, if someone means you physical harm, you have the right to defend yourself.

Kinda off topic but I get tired of people thinking that you have to be a pussy if you are a Christian. The Bible says if someone breaks into your home in the evening, .... kill em, as they mean to do you harm.

Now for the "eye for an eye" thing. That was used only one time in the bible and referred to someone testifying falsely against another. Like me saying, "Beezle stole my stash and should be flogged!", when it was found out that I lied about it to get him punished, I was to receive the very punishment that was to be handed out for the crime I accused him of commiting. This in no way gives license for vengeance as some would make it out to mean. Not saying anyone here did this, just sayin. IMHO

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
Now for the "eye for an eye" thing.
An eye for an eye only leaves the whole world blind

Get the damn doritos out of your mouth, hit the iron, get jacked and then steal the prick's girlfriend. Now that's justice.

BV

I'm not saying what he did was right at all, because it was very, very wrong. I'm just saying that the kids who were on it shouln't be surprised.

You don't want to give people the impression they can walk over you.
I wouldnt call it "walking over me." Just about everyone that starts stuff with me is a loser and has no friends to speak of

fbxdan

fbxdan

Awards
  • Established
I wouldnt call it "walking over me." Just about everyone that starts stuff with me is a loser and has no friends to speak of
That's all good and dandy, but do you really want "losers" constantly berating you? You can defend yourself and still be a christian. I, personally am not a christian, but I am a pretty straight arrow and moral person by nature. In my opinion defending yourself or your family is one of the most moral things you can do, period. It's a dog eat dog world and if you let people insult you constantly it will begin to have its affect on you.

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
Yes we are obligated to protect our family but that is all.

and bpmartyr, the bible says give evil for evil unto no man.

And vrunga im glad that worked out for you and it did for me too (getting big) but i absolutely do not think kids have to change to not be picked on. The kids who pick on geeks grieve my soul, and will burn in hell if they dont change thier ways..
Does it matter to me if some kids wants to be a pokemon master and weigh four hundred pounds......um no. I think bullies should be placed in the mental hospital.

This thread was right on spatch.....You make an awsome point. I think the bullies need the anger management. And ive been saying "an eye for an eye leaves the world blind"....im glad somebody finally is saying the same thing on here.

As far a my bully problems in my younger days....i had one kid who gave me a very hard time for several years(very violent) and i never once retaliated. Now I have nothing to fear reguarding that when I stand before God at judgement day(now that is an awsome feeling)... Revenge gives you a sick scared feeling and it gets you absolutely no where.

Give evil for evil unto no man. Anyone who delights in seeing others in pain, discomfort, or any kind of misery is seriously disturbed(most of society falls into that catagory). Why would you like to see someone else in pain just because you are.....it has nothing to do with you.

This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. PERIOD

rhunt000

rhunt000

I luv my tee, thanks NP
Awards
Man, when I first got into high school - the same damn thing happened to me. I was one on the only Italian kids in a red-neck school, and I got good grades so I was the 'big-nosed guinea dork' for the first couple years. Girls wouldnt give me the time of day, etc.

I didnt grab a gun - I hung a chin up bar in the barn (grew up on a farm) and did pushups every night - I didnt know **** about lifting weights back then but I did get strong enough to where I could do more pushups/situps/etc than most of these 'jocks' that picked on me and I started showing them up in gym class, arm wrestling matches during lunch:), etc.

As my confidence grew, everything started to change.

I knowit sucks to be the butt of everyone's jokes, but these kids need to get out from behind the f*cking playstation and start bettering themselves through the means that are within their grasp.

Overcoming the high school bullshit is a right of passage in our society that everyone goes through. These kids that resort to murder to solve their problems are shitheads on the same level as the punks that berate them.

BV
:goodpost:

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
I believe that is bad posting......dont support either side, they are both in the wrong.
But if one is worse than I would definitely say it is the jocks. Its only because of the bullies/jocks that we have a problem.

How many school shootings do you think their would be if when parents asked their "geeky" child about school and they said "the home work sucks but everyone is nice to me."......ummm, im going to guess NONE.

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
If you truly strive to be a peace maker and truly believe you will have a life free of conflict then that is exactly what you will have. (Please give a lot of thought to this.)

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
This all begs the question, does the kid who threatened society need change, or does society itslef need change?
The kid needs to grow up...there are usually a few characteristics that make a person a "target" for being picked on. Being nice is never one of them. Even the nerdiest of kids will be treated fairly (most of the time) so long as he's a good hearted kid. At least where I come from.

Not only that, he's got a few short years left and he'll be done, in college, and be making a life for himself. Most of the kids who were low enough to really pick on him are going ot end up losers anyway. He just needs to let it go and be the bigger person.

I'm sorry, but I think most problems lie within the person. If you're different, expect to get hassled from time to time, that's the price you pay, just understand it and don't let it put you in a mental institution.

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
Even the nerdiest of kids will be treated fairly (most of the time) so long as he's a good hearted kid. At least where I come from.
From EVERYTHING I have seen in school growing up that couldn't be farther from the truth. I think you just are not seeing what is really going on.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
hey bro, kids will be kids man no matter what you do people are going to pick on other people, I understand that your religious and all but if someone hits you hit em back man, you need to stand up for yourself violence dosent solve everything but you give that kid a black eye i bet him and his friends don't mess with you anymore, i know high school is stressful for kids ur age and the last thing you guys need is someone bullying you around, but to make a hit list of peoplem you going to kill is crossing the line theres plenty of kids that get picked on and dont make a hit list, like i said kids will be kids and always will be, the kids that get picked on need to stand up for themselves a little more. an eye for an eye man if you get hit i say hit em back if your christian then god will forgive.
Exactly...turn the other cheek only works for the sun of God or in a situation where you're dealing with people with similar philosophy.

Unfortunately, we're simply highly-evolved animals and we do have to deal with the same issues a pack of wolves would, dominance, etc, etc. The aggressor isn't normally going to stop doing what he's doing, and wherever you go, you're going to end up, there will be aggressors like that.

The only options are trying to get 6,000,000,000 people to conform to a single belief system and abide by it, or figure out a way to beat the issue that haunts you. And, turning the other cheek isn't always the answer with the best end-result.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
From EVERYTHING I have seen in school growing up that couldn't be farther from the truth. I think you just are not seeing what is really going on.
I spent 10 years in the "cool crowd" as a "cool guy" and there were ALWAYS nerdy kids that were friendly with the entire school!

Then, there were the nerds that got picked on. Usually they would react with screaming, yelling, or generally in a dick-head manner to what was originally joking that was not meant to be outright mean.

Usually hyper-sensitive people get picked on MUCH more, that's just the way it goes.

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
Exactly...turn the other cheek only works for the sun of God or in a situation where you're dealing with people with similar philosophy.

Unfortunately, we're simply highly-evolved animals and we do have to deal with the same issues a pack of wolves would, dominance, etc, etc. The aggressor isn't normally going to stop doing what he's doing, and wherever you go, you're going to end up, there will be aggressors like that.

The only options are trying to get 6,000,000,000 people to conform to a single belief system and abide by it, or figure out a way to beat the issue that haunts you. And, turning the other cheek isn't always the answer with the best end-result.
This life is like the math function (cant remember name) where the line is always aproaching zero but never gets there. This life is a bleep in infinity. I would rather get smacked around and for a while spend eternity in heaven than prove my point to some kid and spend eternity in hell.

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
kywck, im glad that you never had to go through this "hell on earth" that some kids have to go through. (i got a good taste of it in elementary and middle school.....even kicked around suicide very heavily in early high school). I then started to lift and the bullshit stopped but thats pathetic that I had to change my appearance before society would change its sick behavior.

In my past I have seen MANY timid and kind loners get the **** kicked out of them just for being different.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
This life is like the math function (cant remember name) where the line is always aproaching zero but never gets there. This life is a bleep in infinity. I would rather get smacked around and for a while spend eternity in heaven than prove my point to some kid and spend eternity in hell.
Life in hell? I didn't say kill him. LOL.

Plus, that brings me back to: "What does God want? Do I turn the other cheek or do I take an eye for an Eye?" :lol:

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
kywck, im glad that you never had to go through this "hell on earth" that some kids have to go through. (i got a good taste of it in elementary and middle school.....even kicked around suicide very heavily in early high school). I then started to lift and the bullshit stopped but thats pathetic that I had to change my appearance before society would change its sick behavior.

In my past I have seen MANY timid and kind loners get the **** kicked out of them just for being different.
Sometimes they really are nice kids, yeah, that's true. But, they don't know how to get along in society. Whether you like it or not, you're assigned a position on the teenage "heirarchy" and you either have to learn how to deal with it, or live a life of hell.

edit: And its not a thing about "how you look" either. I had some friends who got along with EVERYONE, the life of the party kind of guy, who were uglier than sin, skinnier than jack the pumpkin king, and as coordinated as a sack of potatoes. It was their personalities and their ability to deal with people that got them along.

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
Life in hell? I didn't say kill him. LOL.

Plus, that brings me back to: "What does God want? Do I turn the other cheek or do I take an eye for an Eye?" :lol:
Again i will say "give evil for evil unto no man" and "This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you."

And yes if you do not repent and take upon you Christs attonement you will go to hell.

(we already had this conversation kwyck)

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
Sometimes they really are nice kids, yeah, that's true. But, they don't know how to get along in society. Whether you like it or not, you're assigned a position on the teenage "heirarchy" and you either have to learn how to deal with it, or live a life of hell.

edit: And its not a thing about "how you look" either. I had some friends who got along with EVERYONE, the life of the party kind of guy, who were uglier than sin, skinnier than jack the pumpkin king, and as coordinated as a sack of potatoes. It was their personalities and their ability to deal with people that got them along.
You dont think some kids are trying their ass off to fit in???

Society is sick. And I will try my hardest to make my presence a safe place for all.

You may say that I am the only one out there who will turn the other cheek. But I will proudly answer back "Yes, but I am still one."

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
And vrunga im glad that worked out for you and it did for me too (getting big) but i absolutely do not think kids have to change to not be picked on. The kids who pick on geeks grieve my soul, and will burn in hell if they dont change thier ways..
Does it matter to me if some kids wants to be a pokemon master and weigh four hundred pounds......um no. I think bullies should be placed in the mental hospital.
Bro I couldnt agree with you more that ridiculing someone for who they are or what they look like is heartless and wrong...but it isnt going to change. What is going on here is basic human nature, it is how developing humans act in a social situation. Its been going on for tens of thousands of years, and it will continue so long as the desire for social dominance lies within us.

Whiskey Steve, the words of God are very honest and meaningful, and if everyone really did live by them the world would surly be a better place. It's funny that most of the times, the meanest, most despicable bullies were often the children of the kindest, most devout Christian parents. These words you quote have been spoken for millenia, and yet the trials of a human youth continue to this day...because this behavior is ingrained in our behavior at the most basic levels. It's how young people are designed to act in unchecked, undisciplined social groups. The whole alpha male thing - just watch Discovery and check out a tribe of Chimps or a pack of wolves.

You can tell the poor kid that's being picked on to turn the other cheek, etc. IMO, this is only part of the correct answer. Everyone has the power to change themselves, everyone has the power to rise above. Yes, turn the other cheek - turn the other cheek and focus on continual self-improvement. Become stronger, smarter, and more confident than your aggressors and you will be the better man for it. And the discipline and strength that it takes to overcome these obstacles in youth will translate directly to adult life.

Im not saying weights, size, and strength are the only answer - but usually a young male will gain enourmous amounts of confidence through a positive physical transformation. Its what people notice - a big pair of arms on a nerd immediately scream "Yeah, Ill kick your ass at Chess AND in gym class" - definitely makes a bully think twice.

Kids who turn to murder to vent their frustrations are weak, IMO. Rather overcoming the tribulations of youth and learning how to deal with adversity - they kill the bullies and then kill themselves - they take the loser's way out.

How much more righteous would it be to blow past the guy who thinks he's better than you during track practice while all his friends are watching? To be that jerk's boss someday? To put it another way "To see your enemies driven before you and hear the lamentation of the women":D

God is notorious for helping those who help themselves - this scenario is no different. Suck it up and learn to better yourself - once a kid has the confidence to get through the social issues faced in youth he'll be better prepared for life in general.

BV

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
As I said earlier.....A TON of kids try their ass off to fit in by changing their behavior, trying drugs to be "cool", changing their dress and whatever. This may work for some (such as me and you). But what about a kid who is obese and has thryroid problems and slimming down is a physical impossibility.(i knew a kid with this scenario thats why i mentioned it).

WE ALL NEED TO STOP THINKING IN THIS "REAL WORLD/RELIGIOUS WORLD" MIND SET. There is only one world you need to worry about right now and it is God's world and we are living on it.
People need to STOP saying "ya but in reality". THIS IS REALITY!!!!

BE KIND DAMMIT!!!!!! (lol...but seriously)

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
As I said earlier.....A TON of kids try their ass off to fit in by changing their behavior, trying drugs to be "cool", changing their dress and whatever. This may work for some (such as me and you). But what about a kid who is obese and has thryroid problems and slimming down is a physical impossibility.(i knew a kid with this scenario thats why i mentioned it).
Like Kycke mentioned above - a lot of it is in how that kids learns to behave and react toward other people. Lifting weights/getting stronger is only one method to achieve this goal...by building confidence you learn not to care what other people think, etc.

The poor fat kid with a thyroid condition faces bigger challenges, but not so big that he can not overcome them. Ive known plenty of fat dudes who were all kinds of popular, at its because of their personality and they way they reacted toward and treated other people.

WE ALL NEED TO STOP THINKING IN THIS "REAL WORLD/RELIGIOUS WORLD" MIND SET. There is only one world and it is God's world and we are living on it.
People need to STOP saying "ya but in reality". THIS IS REALITY!!!!

Bro you're a Christan and that's cool, I have a lot of respect for you and your beliefs. The reality is that the world is a harsh and relatively cruel place and if you dont learn to take care of yourself, it will swallow you whole, beit emotionally, physically, or both. If a kid can't learn to be the master of his destiny, then he'll go on through life blaming everyone but himself for the **** he finds himself in. God gave everyone a brain, you've got to use it!! And for the poor kids that got shortchanged with physical or mental disabilities - I feel terrible for them but its still not an excuse to just lie back and take it. Ever see the movie 'Murderball'?

BE KIND DAMMIT!!!!!! (lol...but seriously)
I agree, people should be kind to eachother. If everyone went out of their way to be nice to everyone else, the world would be a much better place. The best thing you can do is lead by example, because you can't change somebody else.

BV

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
It simply comes down to personality.

There are personalities that become bully-prey, there are personalities that make bully's, and there are personalities that everyone can't help but be attracted to.

And, there ARE characteristics of a teen "victim" so to speak. Every kid I ever knew how was a total "victim" of teenage society, was very similar to the other "victims". Now, there were some kids who ere "different" and got gruff from a "portion" of the population, but it was never to the extent of the average teen "victim" who is pretty much at the butt-end of all jokes / tricks.

From the inside, all of these kids think, "why me, what did I do? why did they 'randomly' pick me out?" And from the outside, the other people see "oh, another one of those weirdo's" because they stick out like a sore thumb and they don't even realize it!

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
And, with many of your comments, I'd swear you'd take me for a dickhead because I'm not too sympathetic...and that's simply not the case.

I'm probaby one of the most outgoing and friendly guys you're going to meet, period.

I just don't pretend that things happen for no apparent reason all the time. In almost every case, things happen for a reason. People become successful for a reason, people become losers for a reason, etc, so on and so forth. Its life, and its REALITY.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I've given that plenty of thought throughout my entire life.

You act as if that's some sort of revolutionary concept. Unfortunately, this world was not made for idealism. So, no matter how hard you try, its not guaranteed that you can always keep things peaceful.

And sometimes you've got to do things you're not to proud of...its life.

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
you can all keep saying.....no i have to stand up for myself, and instill that philosophy in everyone on here.

You keep saying the world will never change.......all of your comments sure as hell are not helping it too.

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
I've given that plenty of thought throughout my entire life.

You act as if that's some sort of revolutionary concept. Unfortunately, this world was not made for idealism. So, no matter how hard you try, its not guaranteed that you can always keep things peaceful.
Notice I said "believe" in there. I went into great depth on this in the bible study thread.....you should check it out.

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
As you seek to honestly love and help everyone you come in contact with then God will bless you with a peaceful life. And should a conflict start to arise if you strive to show perfect love then he will give you the words to defuse the situation.

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
If you do follow this and dont find peace in this life, you will find pleanty in the next.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shal be shown there own mercy.

rhunt000

rhunt000

I luv my tee, thanks NP
Awards
I'm sorry, but I think most problems lie within the person. If you're different, expect to get hassled from time to time, that's the price you pay, just understand it and don't let it put you in a mental institution.
I just don't pretend that things happen for no apparent reason all the time. In almost every case, things happen for a reason. People become successful for a reason, people become losers for a reason, etc, so on and so forth. Its life, and its REALITY.

And sometimes you've got to do things you're not to proud of...its life.
Kwyck, I believe you speak the truth my man. Some people like to wrap themselves in a security blanket of a belief system that makes them feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Most of them will never have their belief truly tested. They think everyday trials and tribulations are tests, but I don't think so. Before I met my wife, she was in a situation where she had to do some things she wasn't too proud of, but she survived. She is still a Christian and I respect her for her belief.

When I was a Freshman I was 6'3" 175lbs and a class clown. I had 3 Juniors that thumped me at least a couple times a week. A lot of times it was everyday. But, quite frankly I enjoyed the attention. I laughed it off.

I believe it all comes down to that tired, wore out debate over nature vs nurture. If you have someone that has a genetic disposition (possibly a neurotransmitter imbalance) coupled with parents that didn't do a very good job, I think you have a high probability for a kid with bad behavior. We can all imagine the other possible outcomes and their debatable probabilities.

I strongly believe that you do not have to believe in a God or Gods to be a good person. My wife tells me I'm a better Christian that a lot of her so called Christian friends and I'm not a believer. You just have to realize that it is the best thing for society (a fancy word for "the pack"). Fact is, I'd rather go to a Hell after death knowing that I was true to my philosophy here on Earth that be a 2 faced hypocrite who goes around spouting "I'm right and everybody else is wrong".

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
You miss the whole point of Christianity. There are no "good people" Christian or not. We are all sinners and have all fallen short of the glory of God. This is why Christ died, to be our scapegoat, to atone for our sins, to pay the price we owe for our disobedience.

It is human nature to think we are right, everyone feels that at one time or another and we are all hypocrytes. I am not the one that said it is my way or the highway, Jesus did. According to Him there are not many paths to God but through Him only can we be reconciled.

Not to be an ass but it makes me wonder about your wifes decision to marry an unbeliever. Or yours to marry her.How can you have a partnership with two world views that are diametrically opposed? Just askin, def no offense meant, curious an to the justification because God explicitly warns against this type of union. That is what screwed Solomon up and he was the second wisest man to every walk the earth.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
What I dont understand about Christianity is that its followers believe that anyone who does not walk that path is destined to burn in hell for all eternity, regardless of how they treated others in their earthly existence.

What happens to all the buddhists, native americans, Islamic people, etc? Do you really believe that they are going to burn in the fires of hell?

What about people who have never even heard of Jesus, or Christianity? Are they doomed as well?

Christianity has only been a major world religion for the past 2000 years or so. Homo Sapiens have been on the planet for about 100,000 years - does this mean that 98,000 years worth of humans are roasting in eternal peril because they weren't Christians?

Im not trying to offend anyone here - but this belief system makes absolutely no sense to me. Its a relatively new religion in terms of the span of human existance, and yet all of a sudden its the only one that's correct? Please explain.

Not to be an ass but it makes me wonder about your wifes decision to marry an unbeliever. Or yours to marry her.How can you have a partnership with two world views that are diametrically opposed? Just askin, def no offense meant, curious an to the justification because God explicitly warns against this type of union. That is what screwed Solomon up and he was the second wisest man to every walk the earth.
I think the fact the Rhunt's union with his wife who has a different faith than him is a testament to how human beings should be. Religion is a personal thing, and if we all loved and respected eachother's individual beliefs the world would be a much better place.

God explicitly warns against this type of union
Please show me where God warns against this type of union. Is it really the word of God himself, or was it transcribed onto a 2000 year old piece of paper by a human being who believed he heard the voice of god? Either way, how can you be sure? It sounds like the words of an ancient leader who wanted to keep his people homogenous, not the words of a God that created everything, and loves his creation.

Again, no intention to offend any of my Christian AM bros...

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
What I dont understand about Christianity is that its followers believe that anyone who does not walk that path is destined to burn in hell for all eternity, regardless of how they treated others in their earthly existence.

What happens to all the buddhists, native americans, Islamic people, etc? Do you really believe that they are going to burn in the fires of hell?

What about people who have never even heard of Jesus, or Christianity? Are they doomed as well?

Christianity has only been a major world religion for the past 2000 years or so. Homo Sapiens have been on the planet for about 100,000 years - does this mean that 98,000 years worth of humans are roasting in eternal peril because they weren't Christians?

Im not trying to offend anyone here - but this belief system makes absolutely no sense to me. Its a relatively new religion in terms of the span of human existance, and yet all of a sudden its the only one that's correct? Please explain.

I think the fact the Rhunt's union with his wife who has a different faith than him is a testament to how human beings should be. Religion is a personal thing, and if we all loved and respected eachother's individual beliefs the world would be a much better place.

Please show me where God warns against this type of union. Is it really the word of God himself, or was it transcribed onto a 2000 year old piece of paper by a human being who believed he heard the voice of god? Either way, how can you be sure? It sounds like the words of an ancient leader who wanted to keep his people homogenous, not the words of a God that created everything, and loves his creation.

Again, no intention to offend any of my Christian AM bros...
Well in my Christian(some would say im not Christian because I am mormon :rolleyes: ) belief (my solid belief but you dont have to believe it), Adam was the first man. He was in constant communication with God (his God(i will explain latter if you wish))in the Garden of Eden. I believe (I feel I know) that God was Adam (but he "was" before(existed for eternity before that)). So right of the bat you have God starting off his world. Then later Christ came and gave the second dispensation of the Gospel.....and ill stop there.

Joseph Smith said that in a vision he saw his brother in God's presence. Why I say this is because his brother died before he had the chance to be baptised etc... I believe (and my religion believes) that when you die you go to spirit prison or spirit paradise. And everyone will have a chance to accept Jesus' Attonement of not. Yet every knee will bow and every toung will say that Jesus is The Christ. ......and then we will be judged once everyone has had a chance to accept or reject Christ's Atonement

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
If you do follow this and dont find peace in this life, you will find pleanty in the next.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shal be shown there own mercy.
Very true.....but you can avoid all conflict and all discomfort in this life if you change your thoughts. (look at my posts in the Bible study thread.

Job said something like "and now my worst fear has come upon me". The Bible always goes to extremes (yet not exageratted) to show us something. Job was fearing those things and focussing on them so they became his reality. GOD WILL GRANT YOU WHATEVER YOU WILL BELIEVE YOU HAVE. (and look in the Bible study thread)

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
society will never change. You learn to live in it or die, plain and simple. Two words: fight back. I know your a Christian Spatch, that's your chosen road and I can respect that. Me personally, the only time I turn the other cheek to someone who has harmed me is if I'm grabbing for a weapon and can't find it by feel.

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
society will never change. You learn to live in it or die, plain and simple. Two words: fight back. I know your a Christian Spatch, that's your chosen road and I can respect that. Me personally, the only time I turn the other cheek to someone who has harmed me is if I'm grabbing for a weapon and can't find it by feel.
Then I for one choose death. (im serious)

and its not the fight or die situation you are saying. Do you have any idea how many people will live and die having never gotten into a real fight?

It does not matter whether or not someone hit you first. You are still harming a son or daughter of God. Its not up to us to judge or punish. I think they had it right in the past when murderers or menace's to society where exiled. That way you dont harm them you just are getting society out of harms way.

I will try my best to live my life as though God is writing down my every THOUGH AND ACTION. ---because he is.

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
Exile is the way this board functions. If someone is disturbing the peace they are kicked out. Problem solved.

Why should someone be allowed to live in a country if they cannot respect its rules?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Well in my Christian(some would say im not Christian because I am mormon ) belief (my solid belief but you dont have to believe it), Adam was the first man. He was in constant communication with God (his God(i will explain latter if you wish))in the Garden of Eden. I believe (I feel I know) that God was Adam (but he "was" before(existed for eternity before that)). So right of the bat you have God starting off his world. Then later Christ came and gave the second dispensation of the Gospel.....and ill stop there.

Joseph Smith said that in a vision he saw his brother in God's presence. Why I say this is because his brother died before he had the chance to be baptised etc... I believe (and my religion believes) that when you die you go to spirit prison or spirit paradise. And everyone will have a chance to accept Jesus' Attonement of not. Yet every knee will bow and every toung will say that Jesus is The Christ. ......and then we will be judged once everyone has had a chance to accept or reject Christ's Atonement
It all sounds like mythology to me bro. I suppose that the multiverse is so vast that anything is possible - but in my mind I view the validity of these beliefs is akin to Zeus hurling lightning bolts from the sky.

BV

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
It all sounds like mythology to me bro. I suppose that the multiverse is so vast that anything is possible - but in my mind I view the validity of these beliefs is akin to Zeus hurling lightning bolts from the sky.

BV
You can believe what you want....thats fine.
(but our God is perfect. the mythical gods has flaws that allowed them to fail.....oh ya and they were imagined. My God was not imagined but actually created us.)

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Exile is the way this board functions. If someone is disturbing the peace they are kicked out. Problem solved.

Why should someone be allowed to live in a country if they cannot respect its rules?
So where are you going to put all the Exiles?

.....oh ya and they were imagined. My God was not imagined but actually created us.)
And, other than faith, what evidence do you have to prove that your God isn't imagined as well?

That's kind of rhetorical question WS so dont feel compelled to answer it...you have your beliefs and I have mine, and both are correct depending on who you're talking to;)

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
So where are you going to put all the Exiles?
They sent them to australia (seriously)......and i havent writen up a constitution vrunga....im just saying it was a system that i feel worked.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
They sent them to australia (seriously)
I do remember reading that Australia was a place for exile for European prisoners, the Earth is a lot more crowded now though...

)......and i havent writen up a constitution vrunga....im just saying it was a system that i feel worked.
Hey man that's cool, whatever works! The idea to love your brother and treat everyone with respect is definitely a good one.

BV

Status
Not open for further replies.