Why is YJ no longer a Mod?

L

labrad

Awards
  • Established
F*ck it. Had to say it. YJ raised me on bodybuilding message boards. He is the one that taught me the basics and so much more. When they banned him from bb.com, YJ came here and I followed. To this day, I only post on bb.com and here. Almost all of the hardcore members and Mods have come here b/c of him. YJ made this board what it is today. I am uncertain where it is going now.

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
I think it was a personal choice, as he was actually intent on leaving if I remember right.

M

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
labrad if you haven't noticed YJ's signature he is now the administrator of the new board. I think that is what is taking up his time.

W

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
YJ is still around. He choose to step down to focus on a variety of other things. With how busy he is with the new board as well as other things in his life, were lucky to have him still posting. The direction of the board is the same as it has always been and no one person gives it that. All is well and instead of relying on YJ, its time for members to be the biggest contributors here. You all have the power to make this board reach its full potential. It is our hope that you will! ;)

L

labrad

Awards
  • Established
YJ is still around. He choose to step down to focus on a variety of other things. With how busy he is with the new board as well as other things in his life, were lucky to have him still posting. The direction of the board is the same as it has always been and no one person gives it that. All is well and instead of relying on YJ, its time for members to be the biggest contributors here. You all have the power to make this board reach its full potential. It is our hope that you will! ;)
WW7 much respect bro', but if YJ "chose" to step down I would think he would have the decency to tell the board. He and Chemo built this board from the ground floor up. You can't tell me he decided to "step down" and leave no explanation.

B

Big H

Banned
Awards
F*ck it. Had to say it. YJ raised me on bodybuilding message boards. He is the one that taught me the basics and so much more. When they banned him from bb.com, YJ came here and I followed. To this day, I only post on bb.com and here. Almost all of the hardcore members and Mods have come here b/c of him. YJ made this board what it is today. I am uncertain where it is going now.
You give him too much credit. A lot of them followed K (same), WW7 and John Benz. Chemo is the man behind the scenes, and he gets too little credit. But, he is the man ;)

W

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
He sent me a PM and asked to resign. That was it bro. He has not left the board, he's just no longer a mod. If he was leaving the board then I would understand a thread, but he didnt.

W

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Though YJ did a lot for this board there are MANY who made this board what it is. We all have many thank yous to YJ for what he's done here but this is not the work of just two men.

L

labrad

Awards
  • Established
Re: Re: Why is YJ no longer a Mod?

You give him too much credit. A lot of them followed K (same), WW7 and John Benz. Chemo is the man behind the scenes, and he gets too little credit. But, he is the man ;)
I just wanted to know why YJ is no longer a Mod. If anyone (including YJ) can explain this to me it would be much appreciated.

W

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
I already told you Labrad. Let's not turn this into a thread that will have to go away. He resigned. His choice. End of subject. You can contact him directly if you want to ask him for these "details" that you are refering to.

Y

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Re: Re: Why is YJ no longer a Mod?

I did indeed choose to step down on my own. I most everyone in them mod forum that I wasnt a very good mod. And its the truth. Im a wealth of knowledge, have more articles than Pubmed, etc. but my temperment and attitude is the death of me, once again. Each of my goals where met. I wanted to bring everyone I knew to this board, I have achieved that. I wanted to make this my personal sanctuary, or database, I have done that. I wanted everyone have a board to fall back on for research and those abnormal or difficult questions, I have done that. Now, excuse me for saying 'I' because I by no means did this by myself. I have the luxury of researching, writing and finding articles because there's no actual moderating duties to do here. Members here have intelligence like no other, so instead of babysitting I can spend my time helping, and researching.

As for why I left, I havent really 'left'. There's a lot of people who will not post here for the simple fact I am a mod here, thats not fair to the members here. Most of these guys are very intelligent, but assume since I was a mod, they werent welcome because we havent gotten along in the past. I still say ****'em, but thats a personal issue, you guys shouldnt have to miss out on their input on the account of me. Its easier for me to step down, lurk, post occasionally and have those dozen or so guys post and help, etc. Jake is also correct, I have another project to work on, and Im getting it together (finally).

I will be very careful with this one. I do not think I receive too much credit to be honest. I receive enough to keep me motivated to do what I gotta do. You are correct, people like Benz, WW7, K, Chemo, Curt, Matt D, Weave, Bobo, Petefox, IronMike, etc. and flock over there and that only makes my job easier. But to say I get too much credit is a slap in the face. Chemo is indeed the man behind the scenes, and you're also correct, he deserves more credit for providing and paying the bills for this board. But again, H, I dont think you're really around enough to judge who and who doesnt get too much or not enough credit, if you have a personal vendetta with me, cool, my PM box is empty, and I'll leave it at that.

He sent me a PM and asked to resign. That was it bro. He has not left the board, he's just no longer a mod. If he was leaving the board then I would understand a thread, but he didnt.
Jake is correct again, for the reasons stated above. We were talking about the war, football, etc. and I simply asked if he would remove my powers. I do not regret that in the least, I probably will down the road since I really have no place to call home, but for now Im satisfied.

Though YJ did a lot for this board there are MANY who made this board what it is. We all have many thank yous to YJ for what he's done here but this is not the work of just two men.
And finally, As far as who gets credit and who doesnt get credit, etc. I think anyone who is around a couple tiems a week knows who deserves credit. It goes without saying. No one needs to be called out. Each moderator here, whether they post every day or not deserves credit. Every member here deserves just as much credit for not acting like kids so this board could grow, and its done just that. Credit is overrated IMO, Id rather have a 'thank you' than anything.

I thank Labrad for the kind words, as always, Im quite flattered. If for those who do not trust me or who have labeled me the black sheep, I still thank you greatly for something I keep going back to over and over and thats opening up shop 'over there' for me/ with me when I was terminated. That was an incredible gesture to me and regardless of your feelings now, we're all here for the same common goal, **** the pissing matches, **** who's got bigger balls, contribute or shut the door on your way out, YJ

W

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Thank you YJ. Well said. No conspiracy, no drama, just choices. ;)

L

labrad

Awards
  • Established
Cool deal. Thanks YJ for the explanation. WW7, I apologize if I was out of line. Peace.

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
Labrad and other forum members,

YellowJacket is one of the founders of AM and will always be key to the movement that some have not fully grasped. Are we here to talk about transdermals, PH's, nutrition, or gear? The answer is all of them yet none of them. Kind of abstract but let me try and explain.

We are all bound by a common goal...that which is knowldege. We all come here with varying degrees of experience yet we gather to ask and learn. So, we are actually here to grow and for some that means teaching whereas others it is learning. The topics that we happen to pursue here are fitness related...they could easily be about any other interest that you have. The idea was born to not only present a board that one can learn about performance athletics but rather trained members how to learn.

So what the hell does this have to do with YellowJacket? We identified a clear plan of action to accomplish our goal. We started projects to support those actions. And finally...we appointed the right people to pursue those projects.

Our plan is designed to be implemented over the course of the next 6 months to 1 year and will change the face of intelligent discussion as we know it. So want to know what our plan is? Read on...

PHASE 1
Increase Member Contribution Quality
This is critical to the overall success of our mission. We have to get you bros in the habit of researching archives like PubMed for answers and being able to get good information from it. It is obvious there will be an instant increase in intelligent discussion with all flame wars turned into "article wars". The long term result of this would be the experience to research and draw conclusions independently...and use the message boards as a means of peer review/comment.

PHASE 2
Free Article Publishing Service
After you bros get in the habit of researching and drawing conslusions the onslaught of cutting edge ideas will naturally flow. The initiative is being pursued by several boards (not only AM) so why contain the great ideas limited to one place? The best articles presented each month will be published to a centralized location...a virtual "best of the underground" publishing service. This will one day be the definitive resource for those seeking a good read from the beginner level to advanced and beyond.

PHASE 3
Project Collaboration and Organization
As ideas or research is published it will allow for a high degree of collaboration between any board. It's like saying, "Let's get the best minds from each forum to talk about developing this idea". If anyone is familiar with open source development this is the application to performance sports knowledge. Imagine the level of innovation that would come from this...the Eden of bodybuilding knowledge.

Now, to accomplish these goals we have implemented several projects. At this point you should start to put the pieces together and see how they fit in the scheme of things.
  • How many members have used the PubMed search at the footer of the page? One of the greatest sources of peer reviewed knowledge and only a click away...
  • YellowJacket's GREAT post on how to make sense of research. Haven't read it? There's still time ;)
  • Publishing service implemented: Link to site
Now all members are privvy to the overall plan and hopefully have a clear indication of where this board is going in the future. YellowJacket has vowed to devote his time to developing the idea of helping the entire underground and enthusiastically accepted the challenge of not only helping AM grow but every athlete with a keyboard. As you can see...uniting all the forums that make up the underground is a task not to taken lightly. I have supreme confidence that YellowJacket was the right man for the project.

So now you know what's up with YJ and that only leaves you. Are you going to help the overall mission or are you going to remain a question-answer member? I challenge each of you to use the search bar at the bottom and present a topic of choice with at least one PubMed reference to support your idea. After you get one or two under your belt it will be hard to stop even if you wanted. Let's all get in the game and help change the face of knowledge as we know it.

Chemo

B

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
the groundbreaking advances in access of applicable knowledge, the formulation of a central database, heretofore unmatched anywhere in the electronic universe, the challenge to exceed ourselves, proving what we can truly be capable of... oh GAWD, the pressure!!! *vomit*

J

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
YJ has a new project in front of him that, with help from many others like the members here ;) , will surely be a plethora of knowledge for all of us to utilize. This is only the beginning of something that we will all benefit from, and contribute to. YJ was  (and still is) instrumental in the setup of this place, and as he said, anyone who is here much knows that. The path to Eden is in front of us, all we have to do is walk it. :)

D

DarCSA

Awards
We wouldn't have black sweaters without black sheep. Even though wool is itchy at times it grows on you and you are glad you have it. Wool keeps you warm and safe in the winter and is always watching your back. I am glad I still like black sheep.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Besides, if anyone misses YJ's colorful answers to newb-type questions (ie, Flames.. ;) ) don't fret..

I'm on here alot more, I'm on fire, and I've been quite active in my posting.. I will in a second torch a question that should not be asked, and anyone and i mean ANYONE that has the audacity to post about things they should not will get the firestarter! :mad:

Of course, I'll do it in a more educational/less confrontational type of way, I know some are still waiting for their balls to drop..

D

Draven

Awards
  • Established
I have a creatine cycling question Pete! *cowers*

Good stuff. Can't wait to start seeing some info up on the DB. Looks like there's a few more then before.

I've been throwing around the idea lately of starting an online rag for ecto's and writing articles on topics that pertain to hard gainers. I'll be sure to post them here for review aswell.

C

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
Nicely said YJ... Talk to ya..

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
i kinda like arguing with ya YJ ;)... hell arguing is the only way youll actually learn something honestly enough, i hated being the one who usually had to admit that i was wrong but hey i tried and learned lol... but yeah i understand your postition

N

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
I understand the focus of this board, which when I first came here I didn't. I post here, because I recognized a lot of names from bb.com, and I new I could get better information here then I would there. I give advice the best I can over there (even though I was banned), and I come here to learn. I rarely post a question, and I often give my input. Is this going to be a place where none of the mods want questions being asked? Should I search Pub Med for YJ's and other's experiences with certain supps? I come here to learn from the best, and I certainly don't plan on ever knowing the depth of knowledge you guys know on this topic. I have all I can do to keep up with the ever changing technologies in my career. I do plan to contribute more, but are you trying to discourage the day to day questions of new suppls, and meal ideas?

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
There are many avenues of learning. Some accomplish this by asking questions...which has been the standard for years. What we are attempting to do is instead of having 1700 members that are capable of asking/answering questions is have 1700 members capable of researching ideas and present them in a logical manner. If this goal is reached we will have a force of 1700 teachers and leaders.

We will never discourage questions but prefer to show a member how to learn. There's an old adage about feeding a hungry man once or showing him how to farm and thereby feed himself for life. The approach we are taking with this is revolutionary to say the least. We intend to teach members how to research, parse the data, draw conclusions, and finally publish the project. Think of this as Anabolicminds Academy instead of AM Forum...and the present members are the first graduating class ;)

Chemo