Favorite quotes

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
What are you favorite quotes? Bodybuilding/PL related or not.

Mine...

"The man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he cant are both right"

"They scoffed at the great ones: Galileo, Einstein, Cooter."

"There is little that can withstand a man who can conquer himself." Louis XIV

This one has nothing to do with bodybuilding but I think its funny.

"It has not yet been proven if inteligence aids in a species survival." -Stephen Hawking.

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
BILL CLINTON (February 17, 1998): Or we take some ambiguous third route which gives him yet more opportunities to develop this program of weapons of mass destruction and continue to press for the release of sanctions and continue to ignore the solemn commitments that he made.

DEAN (January 31, 1998): Iraq is an international outlaw. I'm not sure China is one, but I'm quite sure Iran and Iraq are.

SANDY BURGAR (February 18, 1998): He will rebuild his arsenal of weapons of mass destruction. And someday, some way, I am certain, he will use that arsenal again, as he has ten times since 1983.

PELOSI (November 17, 2002): Saddam Hussein certainly has chemical and biological weapons, there's no question about that.

HILLARY: I doubt it. I can support the president. I can support an action against Saddam Hussein because I think it's in the long-term interests of our national security.

JOHNNY EDWARDS (January 7, 2003): Serving on the intelligence committee and seeing day after day, week after week, briefings on Saddam's weapons of mass destruction and his plans on using those weapons, he cannot be allowed to have nuclear weapons. It's just that simple.

THE PRESIDENT: (November 11th, 2005) When I made the decision to remove Saddam Hussein from power, Congress approved it with strong bipartisan support. While it's perfectly legitimate to criticize my decision or the conduct of the war, it is deeply irresponsible to rewrite the history of how that war began. These critics are fully aware that a bipartisan Senate investigation found no evidence of political pressure to change the intelligence community's judgments related to Iraq's weapons programs. As our troops fight a ruthless enemy determined to destroy our way of life, they deserve to know that their elected leaders who voted to send them to war continue to stand behind them.

i like them :)

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
my favorite bumper sticker:
"If you can't change your mind, are you sure you still have one?"

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
This is my favorite quote by Vince Lombardi

"I don't say these things because I believe in the "brute" nature of man or that men must be brutalized to be combative. I believe in God, and I believe in human decency. But I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle — victorious."

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
"You only regret the risks you never took."

I remember this from Grumpy Old Men, but I'm sure it originated before that.

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
if he falls fine. if not. the sword

Odessa14

Awards
  • Established
"If you're reading this, thank a teacher...

If you're reading this in English, Thank a soldier..."

O14

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
'shoot for the moon b/c even if you fail, you'll be amongst the stars'

Sage

tiggermoon

tiggermoon

Awards
i don't have an anger problem. i have an idiot problem. - hank hill

son, bad things don't happen because you're unlucky. bad things happen because you're a dumbass. - red foreman

marge: sometimes i think we're the worst family in town.
homer: maybe we should move to a bigger town.

you live long enough, you can think of a reason why EVERYBODY wants to kill you. - (i don't remember)

Last edited:
Gumbo

Gumbo

Awards
Reagan Quotes:

Honey, I forgot to duck. (after being shot)

I hope you're all Republicans. (to surgeons as he entered the operating room)

I am not going to exploit for political purposes my opponent's youth and inexperience. (on question of age as an issue in the presidential race)

I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes.

Republicans believe every day is 4th of July, but Democrats believe every day is April 15.

The best minds are not in government. If any were, business would hire them away.

I have left orders to be awakened at any time in case of national emergency, even if I'm in a Cabinet meeting.

Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement.

okboy63

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
This is from Courtney Love about the the girl that was in her band that married the guy who wrote the book about picking up women(I think she was jealous she got married).
I'm paraphrasing, i can't remember the exact quote

"We used to have contest about who could suck the most dick in 24 hours, I did good but I never could beat her"

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
Dionysus the Elder, Emperor of Syracuse said,
"Let thy speech be better than silence, or be silent!"

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
"Let them hate us, as long as they fear us."

Ceasar

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
My sig.... take it literally and apply it to your lives.
i read an increadible book on it called "The Power of Your Subconscious Mind" by Dr. Joseph Murphy and i cannot stress enough how much i think everyone should read it
what are you doing reading books at your age, W Steve? Aren't there about a million new video games to play, not to mention the new Scooby-Doo movie?? ;)
(just kidding, bro! Welcome to the board! Just remember that everyone takes some sometimes around here--especially when you're new...)

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
what are you doing reading books at your age, W Steve? Aren't there about a million new video games to play, not to mention the new Scooby-Doo movie?? ;)
(just kidding, bro! Welcome to the board! Just remember that everyone takes some sometimes around here--especially when you're new...)
i cant really read i was just trying to impress everyone...jk

i read a lot of books (many of which religious and philosophical) for enjoyment and to gain knowledge; im like an old man.....in a young shedded perfect body :icon_lol:

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
"Knowledge is Power"
-Francis Bacon

"Half of knowledge is knowing where to find the answer you need"
-unknown

"Never pet a dog that is on fire"
-Groucho Marx

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
Poor people spend thier money trying to make themselves appear richer than their are. Rich people spend their money making themselves richer. -cant remember

tiggermoon

tiggermoon

Awards
use your head for something besides a target - mr. miyagi

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
its a wondrfull day in the neighborhood - Mr. Rogers

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
"Argue for your limitations and sure enough they are yours" Richard Bach

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
"These are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, I have others. -Groucho Marx

I can't listen to that much Wagner. I start getting the urge to conquer Poland. -Woody Allen

"I believe that sex is one of the most beautiful, natural, wholesome things that money can buy." -Steve Martin

CREAO

Awards
how could any forget

"the best activites for your health are pumping and humping" - arnold

Danl4560

Awards
"Why do you close your eyes when we make love?" - Peter Griffin

trifreeze

Awards
I never apologize.
I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am.

-Homer J. Simpson

BigMatty

Awards
"Is Wayne Brady gonna have to get out da car and choke a bitch?" (Wayne Brady/Chappelles show) Cracks me up everytime LOL

tiggermoon

tiggermoon

Awards
i haven't had to kill a man since the war, but i'm sure i remember how - anonymous old vet.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
"Ourselves alone." - IRA

"Never play leap frog with a unicorn." - Don't know

"It is by the goodness of God that in our country we have those three unspeakably precious things: freedom of speech, freedom of conscience, and the prudence never to practice either." - Mark Twain

"Sloths move at the speed of congressional debate but with greater deliberation and less noise." - P.J. O'Rourke

"Have no guilt, Ye who weild this in the name of Crom." - Sword of Conan's Father

"Steel isn't strong, boy. Flesh is stronger." - Thusla Doom

"You can act like a man!" Vito Corleone

ispymalik

Awards
i have many...

The tragedy of life is not that man loses, but that he almost wins.
Heywood Broun

Today I can do what others will not so that tomorrow I will do what others cannot.

Strength Is a product of struggle

We find comfort among those who agree with us; growth among those who don't." Frank A. Clark

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
"Instead of getting married again, I’m just going to go up to a woman I hate and give her a house” - Rod Stewart

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
Get busy livin or get busy dieing ~ Ottis Redding

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
Bumper sticker :

Dyslexics of the world untie.

Lightning

Awards
Yogi Berraisms:

The future aint what it used to be.
Its like deja vu all over again.
A nickel aint worth a dime anymore.
Baseball is 90% mental, the other half is physical.
We made too many wrong mistakes.
I always thought that record would stand until it was broken.
Nobody goes there anymore because its too crowded.

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
My favorite "Yogi Berraism"

When ya come to a fork in a road...take it!

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
"It's good if it makes you happy." -Blow

brettly

Awards
Gather ye rose-buds while ye may, Old Time is still a-flying; And this same flower that smiles today, Tomorrow will be dying - Robert Herrick

Sooty

Banned
Awards
"The only power that matters is the power to hurt and destroy, because if you can't kill then you will always be subject to those who can." - I forgot who said that, but its an interesting quote.

edelweiss

Awards
Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives... James Madison

The facility and excess of law-making seem to be the diseases to which our governments are most liable…James Madison

It is of great importance in a republic not only to guard the society against the oppression of its rulers; but to guard one part of the society against the injustice of the other part...James Madison

i seem to have a hard-on for mr. madison, pure political genius...

bigmontel

225lbs of chewed bubble gum
Awards
i have a crapload of them that i save on my desktop and read when i need a lift..

Ambition is the last refuge of the failure.

Between men and women there is no friendship possible. There is passion, enmity, worship, love, but no friendship.

Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.

Children begin by loving their parents; after a time they judge them; rarely, if ever, do they forgive them.

Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months.

How marriage ruins a man! It is as demoralizing as cigarettes, and far more expensive.

If there was less sympathy in the world, there would be less trouble in the world.

Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about.

Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess.

No object is so beautiful that, under certain conditions, it will not look ugly.

She wore far too much rouge last night and not quite enough clothes. That is always a sign of despair in a woman.

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.

The old believe everything, the middle-aged suspect everything, the young know everything.

The public have an insatiable curiosity to know everything. Except what is worth knowing. Journalism, conscious of this, and having tradesman-like habits, supplies their demands.

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.

To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.

When a woman marries again it is because she detested her first husband. When a man marries again, it is because he adored his first wife. Women try their luck; men risk theirs.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

"Don't do anything by half. If you love someone, love them with all your soul. When you go to work, work your ass off. When you hate someone, hate them until it hurts."

bigmontel

225lbs of chewed bubble gum
Awards
these one's are kind of more like rules of life but i guess they are still quotes aswell..

ONE. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
TWO. Marry a man/woman you love to talk to. As you get older, their conversational skills will be as important as any other.
THREE. Don't believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all you want.
FOUR. When you say, "I love you," mean it.
FIVE. When you say, "I'm sorry," look the person in the eye.
SIX. Be engaged at least six months before you get married.
SEVEN. Believe in love at first sight.
EIGHT. Never laugh at anyone's dream. People who don't have dreams don't have much.
NINE. Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it's the only way to live life completely.
TEN... In disagreements, fight fairly. No name calling.
ELEVEN. Don't judge people by their relatives.
TWELVE. Talk slowly but think quickly.
THIRTEEN. When someone asks you a question you don't want to answer, smile and ask, "Why do you want to know?"
FOURTEEN. Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
FIFTEEN. Say "bless you" when you hear someone sneeze.
SIXTEEN. When you lose, don't lose the lesson
SEVENTEEN. Remember the three R's: Respect for self; Respect for others; and responsibility for all your actions.
EIGHTEEN. Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.

NINETEEN. When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
TWENTY. Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice.
TWENTY-ONE. Spend some time alone.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
"The biggest defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of being, and what one has in fact become"....

Sooty

Banned
Awards
"I can't understand that it's way too deep!" - Sooty

brandozzz

Awards
"only a Marine can love and caress with one hand,
yet kill and maim with the other"

by anonymous

brandozzz

Awards
"only the dead have seen the end of war" Plato
"may God have mercy on my enemies because i wont" General patton

ispymalik

Awards
The tragedy of life is not that man loses, but that he almost wins.
Heywood Broun

You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." Edwin Louis Cole

Years of regret vs. moments of discomfort

'Kites rise highest against the wind -- not with it. '

brandozzz

Awards
the only way to fly is to jump and miss the ground

sweet-physique

sweet-physique

Awards
  • Established
"There are no squat racks in heaven"
me

"Stupidity is not a crime, so you are free to go."

Don't remember but this was my signature for a long time and it cracks me up.