Bobo or other mod....

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthams

Awards
I was wondering if there's any way for you guys to not let Google or other search engines crawl for my info. I just googled myself and a post I made here came up. Their FAQ says they can't remove it and you have to contact the site the result came from...

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
ummm how about editing your post or removing all information which may identify you?

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I do find it interesting that this forum's threads are available via Google whereas other BBing sites aren't.

Any way we can change that? Mainly to keep the trolls/retards out.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
sure the other sites are available via google.

many times I have seen BB.com UA BRB etc boards come up

CROWLER

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I've googled my own screen name afew times, comes up from alot of other boards, not just here.. I do understand though, easy for someone to use info against you bigtime!

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Google finds sites by links on other sites, then it crawls the site, and pulls out other links... so gotta get all other links off other sites first.

Adams

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
You don't have to kill all links, you have to block their bots. It can be done, maybe not here, I don't know how specifically.

You guys should be allright, as long as you don't peddle used auto parts.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
You guys should be allright, as long as you don't peddle used auto parts.
How about used body parts? I have an extra liver if anyone is interested (particularly those who are doing heavy doses of oral supplementation). :twisted:

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do find it interesting that this forum's threads are available via Google whereas other BBing sites aren't.

Any way we can change that? Mainly to keep the trolls/retards out.
Wrong. They ALL are, you just don't have permission to see them like here. I also have a very LARGE xml file (you have to manually edit this and its NOT defualt vbulletin) identifying the known bots while other sites do not. IOW you will see much more information about those bots here than other boards. It will just read as "guest" on other boards. BB.com at this present time has around 300 various search engine bots indexing posts but you won't see it. I actually have a redirect for most posts that takes you to the hompage.

And no, I can't stop it all as long as its on the internet. If you don't want info to show up, don't post it to begin with. Even if I delted the info it would be indexed by a deep crawl. Impossible to stop. This is why I tell people NEVER post their email addresses online because it will be picked not only by search engines but by spammers as well. The internet is such a wonderful place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Natural Bodybuilding 18
Company Promotions 80
Jag Supplements 14
Anabolics 0
General Chat 10