John Benz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Here's what the "Silent Majority" is saying:

An Open Letter To The Hollywood Bunch
by Charlie Daniels

Ok, let's just say for a moment that you bunch of pampered,
overpaid, unrealistic children had your way and the U.S.A.
didn't go into Iraq. Let's say that you really get your way and
we destroy all our nuclear weapons and stick daisies in our gun
barrels and sit around with some white wine and cheese and pat
ourselves on the back, so proud of what we've done for world peace.
Let's say that we cut the military budget to just enough to keep
the National Guard on hand to help out with floods and fires.
Let's say that we close down our military bases
all over the world and bring the troops home, increase our foreign
aid and drop all the trade sanctions against everybody.
I suppose that in your fantasy world this would create a utopian
world where ! everybody would live in peace. After all, the great
monster, the United States of America, the cause of all the world's
troubles, would have disbanded its horrible military and certainly
all the other countries of the world would follow suit.
After all, they only arm themselves to defend their countries
from the mean old U.S.A.

Why you bunch of pitiful, hypocritical, idiotic,
spoiled mugwumps.
Get your head out of the sand and smell the Trade
Towers burning.
Do you think that a trip to Iraq by Sean Penn did
anything but encourage a wanton murderer to think that the
people of the U.S.A. didn't have the nerve or the guts to fight
him?

Barbra Streisand's fanatical and hateful rantings
about George Bush make about as much sense as
Michael Jackson hanging a baby over a railing.

You people need to get out of Hollywood once in a
while and into the real world. You'd be surprised
at the hostility you would find out here.

Stop in at a truck stop and tell an overworked,
long distance truck driver that you don't think
Saddam Hussein is doing anything wrong. Tell a
farmer with a couple of sons in the military that
you think the United States has no right to defend itself.

Go down to Baxley, Georgia and hold an anti-war
rally and see what the folks down there think about you.
You people are some of the most disgusting examples of a
waste of protoplasm I've ever had the displeasure to
hear about.

Sean Penn, you're a traitor to the United States
of America. You gave aid and comfort to the enemy.
How many American lives will your little
"fact finding trip" to Iraq cost? You encouraged
Saddam to think that we didn't have the stomach for war.

You people protect one of the most evil men on the
face of this earth and won't lift a finger to save the life of
an unborn baby.
Freedom of choice you say?
Well, I'm going ! to exercise some freedom of choice
of my own. If I see any of your names on a marquee, I'm going to
boycott the movie. I will completely stop going to movies if I
have to. In most cases it certainly wouldn't be much of a loss.

You scoff at our military, whose boots you're not
even worthy to shine. They go to battle and risk their
lives so ingrates like you can live in luxury.
The day of reckoning is coming when you will be
faced with the undeniable truth that the war against Saddam
Hussein is the war on terrorism.
America is in imminent danger. You're either for
her or against her. There is no middle ground.

I think we all know where you stand.
What do you think?
God Bless America
Charlie Daniels

elijah_123

Awards
Amen

TO be a pacificst in America means your happy to reap the benefits of others fighting and dieing so you can whine and complain. Move to switzerland if you don't like the idea of fighting. :)

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
couldn't have said it better myself

h19

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
**** em... I hate that ****... like there's any possible way for those rich bitch people to relate to even individuals within their own country with lower standards of living, as opposed to hugely different cultural/sociological systems that are even worse off... makes me sick, half baked retard botox hippie actors... and it's good to see the actors like Bruce Willis who are actively willing to help, sacrifice their time and money for positive assistance to the effort, etc...

Last edited:

Draven

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Biggin
... makes me sick, half baked retard botox hippie actors...
ROFL :D... couldn't have said it better myself.

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
Yep................Send Charlie and Hank Jr. to take care of em!

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Hell yes! Traitors used to hang in this country. Would be nice to get back to that.......no joke!

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
VERY well said....makes me sick these folks who are all too eager to enjoy the benefits of this country but wont at least support a president who has the courage to try and do right to say nothing of our service personnel who are making it happen.

wardog

Awards
  • Established
I may not agree that Bush found the right target, but I do believe that we are now committed, so it is time to stand behind our soldiers 100%. These damn protesters and Hollywood types..gotta go!

GO USA!

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
hah, maybe we should exercise the same customs and laws about people speaking out against our leader...

cut out Barbara Streisand's tongue and see how well her so-called career goes when she gets a lisp (err lithp) from hell :D :D

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
her tongue should be cut out simply as a matter of principle and goodness to all mankind

Hal

Awards
I agree that support for the troops should be absolute, whether or not one considers the military action going on the correct action or not. However, the very core of the first amendment is the right to speak out against the government...if that is abridged, well then...we're no better than the regimes we act against. Certainly, one may elect not to support Sean Penn or Barbara Strisand with their dollars or voice their opinions in support of the military action.

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
good ole ben said it the best(read my sig)...i was a fan of sean penn ,seriously now all i see is a coward..it is very very easy to sit in a ivory tower and look down apon mere mortals and think u have all the answers..to understand our plight u must be first a man..second a man with backbone..christ hussiens sons alone have killed more peole than some plaques ..looks to me we got a lot of jane fondas running around

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
... well, you know how trendy fucking hollywood can be

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
I agree that support for the troops should be absolute, whether or not one considers the military action going on the correct action or not. However, the very core of the first amendment is the right to speak out against the government...
exactly and people also have a right to not like people who do it just to be popular and for other reasons...

it works BOTH ways... there was a recent Dixie Chicks burning here sponsored by several radio stations... 200,000 Dixie Chick albums were demolished by a bulldozer and 1000s of their posters were burnt... MTV won't play their videos, etc...

and its not because we're taking away their first amendment rights, if they have the right to practice theirs, then we have the right to practice ours...

just because you have a right to voice your opinion or badmouth someone does not mean there aren't consequences to your actions

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established

exactly and people also have a right to not like people who do it just to be popular and for other reasons...

it works BOTH ways... there was a recent Dixie Chicks burning here sponsored by several radio stations... 200,000 Dixie Chick albums were demolished by a bulldozer and 1000s of their posters were burnt... MTV won't play their videos, etc...

and its not because we're taking away their first amendment rights, if they have the right to practice theirs, then we have the right to practice ours...

just because you have a right to voice your opinion or badmouth someone does not mean there aren't consequences to your actions
AMEN!:D ..people forget that for every action there is a opposite and equal reaction..

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by windwords7
Hell yes! Traitors used to hang in this country. Would be nice to get back to that.......no joke!
Lets be crystal clear as to what a "traitor" is and what constitiutes "treason". I'm seeing these words thrown around without care to what they really are. In your patriotic zeal let's not forget what these really are and how they relate to the first amendment in regards to a free voice.

<B>traitor</B>

\Trai"tor\, n. [OE. traitour, OF. tra["i]tor, tra["i]teur, F. tre[^i]tre, L. traditor, fr. tradere, traditum, to deliver, to give up or surrender treacherously, to betray; trans across, over + dare to give. 1. One who violates his allegiance and betrays his country; one guilty of treason; one who, in breach of trust, delivers his country to an enemy, or yields up any fort or place intrusted to his defense, or surrenders an army or body of troops to the enemy, unless when vanquished; also, one who takes arms and levies war against his country; or one who aids an enemy in conquering his country. See [URL='Look up "]reason"' href="http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=treason">Treason[/URL].

<B>treason</B>

\Trea"son\, n. [OE. tresun, treisun, traisoun, OF. tra["i]son, F. trahison, L. traditio a giving up, a delivering up, fr. tradere to give up, betray.1. The offense of attempting to overthrow the government of the state to which the offender owes allegiance, or of betraying the state into the hands of a foreign power; disloyalty; treachery.

Note: In monarchies, the killing of the sovereign, or an attempt to take his life, is treason. In England, to imagine or compass the death of the king, or of the queen consort, or of the heir apparent to the crown, is high treason, as are many other offenses created by statute. In the United States, treason is confined to the actual levying of war against the United States, or to an adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort.

2. Loosely, the betrayal of any trust or confidence; treachery; perfidy.

Just to clarify things, let's not be too hasty to deal out a traitor card. Because one didn't support the invasion of Iraq doesn't mean they are waging war against their own country, which is a common denominator in these words.

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
well that dick head that tossed some grenades at his own people is definitely a TRAITOR in every sense of the word. He should be executed.

h19

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by hamper19
well that dick head that tossed some grenades at his own people is definitely a TRAITOR in every sense of the word. He should be executed.

h19
Agreed, he should. That was a defiant act of war upon his own country. This is not the same as being in disagreement with his country though, which people seem to now think is not ok, as if this right was never given to us in the Constitution.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by John Benz

There it is. Sean Penn is a traitor. :gore:
That is a part of a complex definition. You have successfully pulled out one part that suits your argument, as if the rest is worthless. There was a reason these were defined, and to ignore the rest is absurd.

John Benz

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Agreed, he should. That was a defiant act of war upon his own country. This is not the same as being in disagreement with his country though, which people seem to now think is not ok, as if this right was never given to us in the Constitution.
Jesse, It is treason to disagree with your country while in comradery of your country's avowed enemy, eating and grinking with said enemy and speaking out against your country in that place. Sean Penn and some of the others should be shot.

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established

h19
should be sodomized with a heated wire hanger THEN tortured and then executed

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
As I have posted previously, these threads do nothing but cost me money. I just broke a couple of blank CD's sitting next to my computer. Liberals and tree hugging hippies are FUCKING SICKENING.:shoot: :gore: :saw:

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by John Benz

Jesse, It is treason to disagree with your country while in comradery of your country's avowed enemy, eating and grinking with said enemy and speaking out against your country in that place. Sean Penn and some of the others should be shot.
Although this is disturbing, it isn't exactly treason. Look at the definition again, and  I think you'll see this isn't treason considering he hasn't acted with the enemy to overthrow or wage war against our government. It may be considered unpatriotic among other things, but is certainly no grounds for execution. I think it's terrible too, but the world isn't black & white, we live in the gray area.

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
to quote the esteemed terrance and phillip.

" I hope they all get head cancer"

h19

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
a huge, vast, expansive grey area populated with horribly stupid, nonsensical fucking idiots who can *afford* to be overly critical idealists while others inhabiting the "real world" part of the aforementioned grey area are starved, oppressed, murdered, etc.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Biggin
a huge, vast, expansive grey area populated with horribly stupid, nonsensical fucking idiots who can *afford* to be overly critical idealists while others inhabiting the "real world" part of the aforementioned grey area are starved, oppressed, murdered, etc.
Maybe so, but we need idealists just as much as we need people of action.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
well I agree :D , but an overly fortunate moron, living in one of the wealthiest and arguably artificial areas of the earth whose preconceived notions about the mindset of their government, true or not, impedes their judgement on the matters of foreign aid and domestic protection, simply do not grasp enough of the whole picture IMO.

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
we should put the stuff we say here on the news or something, i think it would open a lot of peoples eyes

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Never happen guys. Let me tell you a little story about the way the US treats it's traitors.
During the Vietnam War everybody knew Hanoi Jane (Jane Fonda). She would broadcast things about how great HoChi Min was and how we should be ashamed of ourselves for fighting this war etc. What some people do not know is another thing she did. I think it was like 70-71 she went on a trip to meet HCM and the VietCong in the North. During this trip she was taken to see the POW's at the Hanoi Hilton. (John MacCain was there) Anyway before Fonda was supoosed to show the Cong told the POW that they were going to get fixed up becasue of some big VIP was coming through. They were warned that not to do ANYTHING defient in anyway or there would be consquences. Well Jane shows up and she is taken to met the POW's who are standing in a line. Fonda then goes and tell these men that the Cong are taking good care of them and they should be grateful. After the end of this speech she goes and shakes each man's hand. And in each man's hand was a small peice of paper with their SSN on it. The men where hoping to get word to their families that they were alive and not MIA. After each hand shake Fonda takes each piece of paper and not batting an eye accepts them. With this action the men's hearts grow. At the end of the line Fonda turns to the camp commader and SHOWS HIM THE PAPERS!! She then proceeds to lecture the POW on their percived betryal. When she left the Viet. beat two to death and crippled a third. All because some Hollywood librial believe that their view matters and anyone who does not follow their view is evil. And now today's Fonda is well respected in HW and around the country. And NO ACTION WAS EVER TAKEN AGAINST HER!!!

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
So like Public Enemy say's "BURN HOLLYWOOD BURN"

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
Never happen guys. Let me tell you a little story about the way the US treats it's traitors.
During the Vietnam War everybody knew Hanoi Jane (Jane Fonda). She would broadcast things about how great HoChi Min was and how we should be ashamed of ourselves for fighting this war etc. What some people do not know is another thing she did. I think it was like 70-71 she went on a trip to meet HCM and the VietCong in the North. During this trip she was taken to see the POW's at the Hanoi Hilton. (John MacCain was there) Anyway before Fonda was supoosed to show the Cong told the POW that they were going to get fixed up becasue of some big VIP was coming through. They were warned that not to do ANYTHING defient in anyway or there would be consquences. Well Jane shows up and she is taken to met the POW's who are standing in a line. Fonda then goes and tell these men that the Cong are taking good care of them and they should be grateful. After the end of this speech she goes and shakes each man's hand. And in each man's hand was a small peice of paper with their SSN on it. The men where hoping to get word to their families that they were alive and not MIA. After each hand shake Fonda takes each piece of paper and not batting an eye accepts them. With this action the men's hearts grow. At the end of the line Fonda turns to the camp commader and SHOWS HIM THE PAPERS!! She then proceeds to lecture the POW on their percived betryal. When she left the Viet. beat two to death and crippled a third. All because some Hollywood librial believe that their view matters and anyone who does not follow their view is evil. And now today's Fonda is well respected in HW and around the country. And NO ACTION WAS EVER TAKEN AGAINST HER!!!
i think they should just gather those pow's families around her and say have at her...that is just shameful....i'll bet shawn penn would do the same thing if there had been pows there during his visit...and i bet the iraqi's wouldnt have been as humane as the viet cong were...i think i gotta go throw up right now

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
I'm told by a former service member that Hanoi Jane is still sent hate mail on a weekly basis.

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
I'm told by a former service member that Hanoi Jane is still sent hate mail on a weekly basis.
well deserved..in fact thats too good for her....i cant stand the sight of that bitch

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
damn man ..i didn't know that about jane fonda.......thats fucked up.

damn ...i just read that and wanted to punch my monitor....**** like that is just i dunno no words for it

THEY WERE FUCKING PRISONERS.....you have to be a fucken moron to do something like that..i mean you should die for being that stupid..or exiled to the north pole...

and to say its betrayal..WTF

i think i shall send her some hate mail mysefl

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established

Maybe so, but we need idealists just as much as we need people of action.
there's nothing wrong with idealists...but one can reach a point where their heads are so far up in the clouds they are of no earthly good. i know for myself, i dont have any problems with anyone who disagrees with the President etc...just because a person disagrees with policy doesnt make them un-American or whatever but I do have a problem with someone criticizing from foreign soil and that little performance by that Oscar guy...especially when we are now experiencing casualties and pows...and saying one is ashamed to be an American is inexcusable. Its at that piont that I say if they are that put out with the government that provides free speech then they can certainly leave and go live in Iraq or hanoi or wherever they will feel more comfortable.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by msclbldrguy

there's nothing wrong with idealists...but one can reach a point where their heads are so far up in the clouds they are of no earthly good. i know for myself, i dont have any problems with anyone who disagrees with the President etc...just because a person disagrees with policy doesnt make them un-American or whatever but I do have a problem with someone criticizing from foreign soil and that little performance by that Oscar guy...especially when we are now experiencing casualties and pows...and saying one is ashamed to be an American is inexcusable. Its at that piont that I say if they are that put out with the government that provides free speech then they can certainly leave and go live in Iraq or hanoi or wherever they will feel more comfortable.
There seems to be a fundamental, underlying argument here that alot of people aren't quit hitting. Do I think that the actions by most of the protestors (and esp Moore's oscar bit) are inappropriate and in bad taste? Yes of course. However much they may be in bad taste, they are still guarenteed the right to say these things by our Constitution. I just get pissed whenever people use the words "traitor", "treason" and "unAmerican" too easily IMO.

And BTW screw all of you who think that being a liberal is somehow related to being unAmerican, unpatriotic, or whatever other bullshit you spew from your fingers. I agree that the example of Fonda above is terrible (old story, heard it many times before), but I certainly won't sit here and let everyone make this into a fucking conservative right wing forum to bash liberals, which is basically what it's turned into IMO.

scotty2

Awards
  • Established

There seems to be a fundamental, underlying argument here that alot of people aren't quit hitting. Do I think that the actions by most of the protestors (and esp Moore's oscar bit) are inappropriate and in bad taste? Yes of course. However much they may be in bad taste, they are still guarenteed the right to say these things by our Constitution. I just get pissed whenever people&nbsp;use the words "traitor", "treason" and "unAmerican" too easily IMO.

And BTW screw all of you who think that being a liberal is somehow related to being unAmerican,&nbsp;unpatriotic, or&nbsp;whatever other bullshit you spew from your fingers.&nbsp;I agree that the example of Fonda above is terrible (old story, heard it many times before), but I certainly won't sit here and let everyone make this into a fucking conservative right wing forum to bash liberals, which is basically what it's turned into IMO.
Pork, please don't tell me you're a liberal. You're breaking my heart.:(

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established

There seems to be a fundamental, underlying argument here that alot of people aren't quit hitting. Do I think that the actions by most of the protestors (and esp Moore's oscar bit) are inappropriate and in bad taste? Yes of course. However much they may be in bad taste, they are still guarenteed the right to say these things by our Constitution. I just get pissed whenever people&nbsp;use the words "traitor", "treason" and "unAmerican" too easily IMO.

And BTW screw all of you who think that being a liberal is somehow related to being unAmerican,&nbsp;unpatriotic, or&nbsp;whatever other bullshit you spew from your fingers.&nbsp;I agree that the example of Fonda above is terrible (old story, heard it many times before), but I certainly won't sit here and let everyone make this into a fucking conservative right wing forum to bash liberals, which is basically what it's turned into IMO.
hey...i never meant to imply that being liberal was un-American, nor have i questioned their partiotism. I was using your post as a lead-in to my point and if it came across as a dig to you i apologize...that was never my intent. I dosagree with the liberal position but i think most of them are patriotic Americans...especially when faced with having to give up our way of life. I happen to vote Republican...and if anyone reads my posts I dont believe I;ve ever accused anyone disagreeing with the US governments position of being a traitor just because they disagreed with it....but I do not understand at all the extreme positions. Frankly, I'm thankful we live in a place where these kinds of things can be expressed without someone being killed, jailed or tortured for their opinions or beliefs.

Still, if someone wants to got out and say they are ashamed to be an American....I draw the line there...to me thats not only inappropriate but something like that is un-American imo. Thats a slap in the face of these soldiers, some of whom have already made the ultimate sacrifice, who are over there trying to preserve our way of life and stuff.

again if i came across as this being anything more than my opinion and how i believe then i apologize. there was probably a better way to say what i wanted.

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
yeah i mean i agree too, that if you publically announce....especially if your a celebrity,..which means you will get publicity over it.......that you are ashamed to be an american...then at least someone should pose them with an alternative to that...right on the spot...like if sean penn was interviews...and said.."im ashamed to be an american" the interviewer should have said...ok dick head....then what would you rather be...because if anything else you wouldn't even be in this position you are in..and would not have had the chance to become as wealthy as you have......

what makes saying that even worse...is doing it on foreign soil...now thats just wrong....

i wish i worked at the airlines.....if i knew that these scumbags had traveled somewhere..and spoke publically about america and their shame of being one.....you know i would have done all in my power to make sure they never got the chance to fly home.

ignants..

h19

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
you have to admit there is a difference...when someone like me

who is just hamper19 from NJ...... and sean penn say the same thing..

it has much more of an effect when your sean penn....

especially if your name is hamper

while it technically is the same thing..... you chould not be allowed to use your celebrity status..for anything other then like....getting into a restaurant or comped at a club or something.

politics and hollywood do not mix well

sorta like mrps and no blender.....

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
politics and hollywood do not mix well
because hollywood is overflowing with irrational moronic dipshits. that's the point, this isn't liberal bashing... I myself am quite liberal, and idealist in many ways... but these folks give freedom of speech a bad rap... simply because overpaid and undereducated entertainers receive the most media attention and can potentially have a fart heard round the world, does NOT mean they shouldn't exercise restraint, especially when they hardly know what they're talking about.

John Benz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That article is a left wing propaganda piece; plain and simple. Liberals stand for all the freedoms; conservatives for all that's repressive in this country. Actually we can thank the liberals for the freedom to remove God from the classroom; for freeing the gay community into an outspoken, vicious "minority," and the death of millions of innocent babies every year. They call the last one "freedom" of choice. Problem is, the person getting executed has no choice. Typical of twisted liberal logic regarding almost all "freedoms." Yep, add up all the freedoms brought about by the misguided liberal community, and you have the lack of morality and personal safety we experience today. No longer can you leave your kids out until 10pm on Halloween, like when I was a kid. Hell, you better not let them walk around the block in broad daylight if you expect to see them again. Thank you my liberal friends. We owe this all to you. :rolleyes:

I know there are fine Democrats out there. But they are usually conservative by nature. John F. Kennedy was an example. But I can have no respect for the twisted modern liberal views, as I see these as the root cause of the depravity and moral decay we see in this nation today.
:gore:

Jesse, this is in no way aimed at you, as you are one of my best friends on this board, and I know you are a fine person as well. But I can't understand your strong defense of so many loathsome liberal philosophies.

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
john man..lol..i just posted that cause i looked up liberal on the net real quick....personally......i don't see the point in saying...liberal..coservative..democrat..republican..etc.

to me it ends up all being the same after election day....every president has to address the same issues in one form or another....education...military...healthcare ...etc.

so really theres no point in classifying anything IMO

right now there are all of the "classes" fighting over there in iraq..you think they care whos liberal..conservative..etc?...no

h19