any guys in fraternities?

Cold

Awards
If so, how has being in a fraternity affected your lifestyle as a bodybuilder/weightlifter? I'm thinking about joining one, but I'm a little concerned about it having a negative impact on my bodybuilding lifestyle. If anyone has anyone has any insight on this I'd really appreciate it.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
LAME.. i got kicked out of one during pledging and told everyone the secrets of Tau Kappa Epsilon. apparently I'm nationally known (definitely in the southeast) to be the biggest enemy of TKE.

if your in a frat just try not to live at the house - filthy lifestyle

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
Lambda lambda lambda...and Omega move. :)

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I second the LAME comment. Why pay for your friends? There are plenty of friends and girls to meet for free outside of frats. Besides, everyone outside of greek life hates frat boys.

BTW- a frat won't change your bodybuilding lifestyle, only you can do that.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
LAME.. i got kicked out of one during pledging and told everyone the secrets of Tau Kappa Epsilon. apparently I'm nationally known (definitely in the southeast) to be the biggest enemy of TKE.

if your in a frat just try not to live at the house - filthy lifestyle
Not in a frat, but i know some TKE guys, at my school (Uhart) they got busted for coke, and steroids. Some were cool, some were dicks with shitloads of money, and coporate daddys. Graduated, and came back to Chicago, and met some of the lamest TKE's out there. Personally i wanted to join a frat, but i could'nt go through with it, the frat i wanted to join were lame on campus, and they looked sloppy (i mean i am no Denzel but men must present an image that confident and appealing for the ladies (they had no hoes)) All in all i think greek life is cool, it all depends on the reason your are doing it.

texas

Awards
one of the fats at my school had a restraining order put on me, and had me pay a fine, a couple of them got really cocky with me and my girlfriend at a party so we ended up fighting and after i beat the **** out of one of them i hit the other one a couple of times with a bat :hammer: and i guess i left permanit damage to him, fucker

sucks i had to pay the guy $1000 in restitution, and now i have a 2nd degree feloney on my recorded, but im still partying :woohoo:

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
one of the fats at my school had a restraining order put on me, and had me pay a fine, a couple of them got really cocky with me and my girlfriend at a party so we ended up fighting and after i beat the **** out of one of them i hit the other one a couple of times with a bat :hammer: and i guess i left permanit damage to him, fucker

sucks i had to pay the guy $1000 in restitution, and now i have a 2nd degree feloney on my recorded, but im still partying :woohoo:
glad you can handle your problems like a mature adult .. the bat was a real nice touch .. and thank god you are still partying .. i was REALLY concerned that you may have stopped

btw should be SUPER easy to get a job with a 2nd degree felony ... no problems there

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
frats are different at every school. At my former school TKE was the 'rape' frat. At UGA they are star wars nerds I hear

Cold

Awards
I guess one reason why I'm thinking of joining is because my dad was in one. I guess we both think it's kinda cool if we can call each other brother. Also, I guess it would be nice to have a lot of friends and be known on campus. I've never really had too many friends in highschool, I really don't know why not. Also, I talked with guy I work with, who is a frat and he had nothing but good things to say about it. Except of a few fights every now and then, but nothing more really.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
frats are nothing but drinking in a filthy environment today... correct me if i'm wrong. once upon a time it was about community service and such (somewhat like a boy scout thing)

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I guess one reason why I'm thinking of joining is because my dad was in one. I guess we both think it's kinda cool if we can call each other brother. Also, I guess it would be nice to have a lot of friends and be known on campus. I've never really had too many friends in highschool, I really don't know why not. Also, I talked with guy I work with, who is a frat and he had nothing but good things to say about it. Except of a few fights every now and then, but nothing more really.
You have to do what have to do, but just know if you join the same frat your father did you will be a legacy- alot better for you.

size

Awards
  • Established
LAME.. i got kicked out of one during pledging and told everyone the secrets of Tau Kappa Epsilon.
I hope you did not break an oath in your telling of secrets. If your word is not good, then what is?

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
The frat brothers told me the secrets when I was a pledge (they broke the rules). I told them to the pledge class and others (breaking the 'rules'). The whole frat was a mess and I shouldn't have pledged in the first place

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
lol...thats so retarded.... i swear...if i ever date a frat boy..please shoot me.

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
Also, I guess it would be nice to have a lot of friends and be known on campus. I've never really had too many friends in highschool, I really don't know why not.
when friends are concerned it is quality over quantity.

trust me...alot of friends mean nothing. its a good thing that you didnt have many friends in highschool. the more friends you have the higher your chances are of having douche bags around you.

why does the number of friends even matter? does 100 friends make you cooler than the guy with 5 friends?

Cold

Awards
I guess you're right Gimpy. But I gratuated in a class of 25. So not having too many friends kinda sucked. But still...I think I'm going to give it a try. I think I'm going to try and live in the dorms for another year, then maybe get an apartment with my gf. I've seen the house...it's pretty nice, but I really don't think I could handle the constant partying, drinking, and lack of sleep.

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
Casual friends are way overrated IMO...Like MG said quality over quantity.

Doc why you doing this? "Wyat Erb is my friend" "Hell I got a lot of friends" "I don't"

Find a good friend and you found something real, my problem is I don't like most people...

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Just for fun. And to make themselves seem important and add an element of exclusivity.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
frats would be decent for the first 2 years at best, once you're 21 and older you shouldn't get too excited about recruiting freshman