Measurements for "perfect" Greek body... what was the thread?

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
I swear I remember seeing a thread here that had the dimensions used by Greek artists for the "perfect" male body. I can't find the thread. Anybody know about this?

Yjyankee

More Cowbell
Awards
  • Established
despite his preference in the wrong sex, I've always liked Bob Paris' build.

GTOman

Board Supporter
Awards
I seem to remember reading about this, it was all about proportions. It went something like neck, upper arm and calves equal size...

I think Stuart McRobert has something similar in Beyond Brawn.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
I seem to remember reading about this, it was all about proportions. It went something like neck, upper arm and calves equal size...

Yeah, and he had the proportions adapted for someone 5'10". If anyone can find the thread or the info it would be much appreciated. I can't find anythign on it.

g4ud1n

Awards
  • Established

I think Steve Reeves accomplished this.

The Doberman

Awards
I use Arnold's measurements adjusted for my height.

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
I don't know where that thread is, but here's a link I found to get you started.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
I don't know where that thread is, but here's a link I found to get you started.
Wow! Thanks a lot.
Hmm, looks like I already fit the "ideal" size. I'm gonna go ahead and pretend that my wrist is a little bigger. :D

BMW

Awards
  • Established
i put in 7 in for my wrist and the measurements it gave me seem too small.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well what most need to realize is that the greek look is not what many on this board would want. It is supposed to be more asthetically appealing (depends on if you agree or not). Many would most likely find this to small for them, it was a size that was developed that was asthetically appealing along with being in proportion, while having the size able to be achievable by everyone if they put the work in for it.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Well, according to the thread I'm still looking for, at my height, my perfect arm size would be 16in which seems good. I just can't remember what the other measurements were.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Why are shoulder width left out of this?

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Why are shoulder width left out of this?
Probably because someone can have really broad shoulders and still be skinny as hell.

That is a good trhead but it still isn't the one I've been looking for. I'm starting to think that maybe the thread was on bb.com but I've been searching there too and can't find it.

What it was was a post outlining the exact ratios used by Greek artists for some of their more muscular statues and aintings and then that ratio was adapted for someone 5'10". I know it was different than the posts we've been getting because according to he calculations, a 5'10" male would have 16 inch arms (which seems more aesthetically appealing to me).