TATS...

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
I am really thinking of getting a tat, I have no ink as of yet.

It is such a big choice, placement design ect. I know I want some form of my daughters name, or initials, perhaps blended into a tribal design.

As far as placement I am considering my right delt (shoulder cap), but I really don't know.

What are your thoughts and are there any "Artists" out there that have any suggetions for me?

Thanks

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
I am really thinking of getting a tat, I have no ink as of yet.

It is such a big choice, placement design ect. I know I want some form of my daughters name, or initials, perhaps blended into a tribal design.

As far as placement I am considering my right delt (shoulder cap), but I really don't know.

What are your thoughts and are there any "Artists" out there that have any suggetions for me?

Thanks
Can you guys post piks of your ink?

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
tats are disgusting........ :trout:

tattoopierced1

you gotta be careful with those tattooed people.......cant trust em...

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
my profile has a shot of my back piece if you're interested. how big are you looking to go?

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
Dono man, maybe half of what you have in your avatar, (bad ass BTW)

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Dono man, maybe half of what you have in your avatar, (bad ass BTW)
most tat guys can do tribals nowadays. the shoulder is the most common place to get the first one. not too painful but no cake walk either.

since you're thinking of your daughter, a buddy of mine had his kids names, birthdates, tattooed on him like a dog tag (meattag being the most accurate term). he had three kids, each of them on their separate meat tag with a chain running through the tag going up to 2 praying hands. thought it looked pretty cool.

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
Wow, cool. I am not worried about pain, I really don't give a ****.

My lil girls has a boys name so it's kinda cool, because people would look and think either I am gay or really into myself, and umm I really don't give a f*** what those people think.

Have you ever seen names blended with a tribal design?

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
yeah, the pain isn't bad unless you go over bone then you're wide eyed and bushy tailed.

no, i don't believe i've seen kids names in tribal but tell it to the artist. those fuckers have an imagination.

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
I am going to get my sleeves started as well soon, probably winter. Don't know what I am going to get yet but probably something like a coat of arms first on my forearm.

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
i have 7......3 on my back, one on my big toe, one on the top of my foot and one on my upper left thigh.......and one on my ankle....:) love them all

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
cool, I would like to get your opinion WG, where on a guy do you like tatoos???

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
depends...but always had a thing for something on the bicep/tricep.......shoulder area.....:).......

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
Like a band around the entire arm? I like that alot, but every fat dude with tiny arms with has one now.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
really? Yeah I am in San Diego,
yup, i was in SD county. got most of mine done in fallbrook and bonsall. the best tribal guy that i've met works in bonsall. body graphics is the name of the place, matt is the name of the artist.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Get some kind of tribal/knotwork on your traps/upper back/around your neck. Looks sick as hell :D

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I'll be getting my first tat probably by next spring. I want something nobody else has, and will probably get it on my delt or trap. Not too sure yet. I need to find a dude whocan draw something original up for me. My g/f wants me to get a band around my arm, but I'm not into that. I want to be able to cover up. Oh, and if I get drunk enough, I may even get a piercing or two. She wants my nipples done, but I'm not too sure about going though route yet....hence the alcohol.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
I'll be getting my first tat probably by next spring. I want something nobody else has, and will probably get it on my delt or trap. Not too sure yet. I need to find a dude whocan draw something original up for me. My g/f wants me to get a band around my arm, but I'm not into that. I want to be able to cover up. Oh, and if I get drunk enough, I may even get a piercing or two. She wants my nipples done, but I'm not too sure about going though route yet....hence the alcohol.
Pierced nipples are for queers and perverts :D

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Pierced nipples are for queers and perverts :D
That's how I felt, but she was really wanting me to go there. I told her I would need to be knee walking drunk and they would have to strap me down. Because as soon as one was pierced, I would want to rip the person doing its head off. I'm not queer. Pervert...wellllll.....no. I think if I go with some ink, that would be enough.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Not be drunk getting a piercing or a tat... adds to the amount of blood...and the pain is NOT that bad... I have one I got on my shoulder blade and that was an interesting sensation but not that bad

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
agreed, the outline is the only time it hurts at all. after that, it gets numb, for me it did anyway.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I'm not concerned about the pain from the tat, and I wouldn't be drunk while getting that. It's too permanent and I wouldn't want to screw it up. Now the piercing...I would have to be ****-faced.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
I wish I could convince the wife NOT to beat me to death in my sleep if I got another one. ;) But right now I would have to work hard on finding a good design that had a personal meaning to me.. I don't do names so my kids names are out..

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I'm with you on the name thing. However, I was thinking along the lines of my initials in a sort of tribal superman emblem with different shades of blue flames on the inside, and maybe some sort of platinum coloring if possible. Something nobody else has.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
I'm with you on the name thing. However, I was thinking along the lines of my initials in a sort of tribal superman emblem with different shades of blue flames on the inside, and maybe some sort of platinum coloring if possible. Something nobody else has.
hmm, i may have that one somewhere......... i'll have to check. :lol:

unfknblvbl89

Board Supporter
Awards
I think it all depends on where you are getting the ink as to whether or not it hurts. None of mine have hurt, then again I only have 3.

I've seen Beelzebubs work up close. The dude who did his back did an excellent job. I got 2 of my 3 in San Diego. One was from Lucky's and the other from Superfly. The guy who did mine at superfly is gone and I am not sure about Lucky's, but I will say that my ink from both of those places have yet to fade. One is 8 years olds and one is 6 years old.

Good luck with your decision and ink is very very addicting;)

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Mine one on my shoulder is 16 years old now and I it has faded.. I haven't check into having it touched up..

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
I think it all depends on where you are getting the ink as to whether or not it hurts. None of mine have hurt, then again I only have 3.

I've seen Beelzebubs work up close. The dude who did his back did an excellent job. I got 2 of my 3 in San Diego. One was from Lucky's and the other from Superfly. The guy who did mine at superfly is gone and I am not sure about Lucky's, but I will say that my ink from both of those places have yet to fade. One is 8 years olds and one is 6 years old.

Good luck with your decision and ink is very very addicting;)
Next time you see someone with two full sleeves, take a look at their elbows. $$$ says only one elbow is inked up :D

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have two tats on my shoulder and looking to add another one in my lower back, I'm looking for a very good painter/sketcher to get what I want, is there like an online place with tatoo sketches, even for money where you describe what you want and they can sketch you the tattoo until its perfect? I had an artist do mine in salem NH but its tough to find a very good artist on the spot esp. if you have something complex in mind like I do.