good colognes

gqsuperman

Awards
let's hear some opinions...preferably from some ladies (WG). I don't want to hear any of the old standars like Acqua De Gio, or Issey Miyake. I'm looking for more obscure stuff..clean smelling. I don't like it when people go out smelling like a locker room (too musky), so i don't want to become an offender (I can't stand guys who load up on the Axe body spray...the whole building doesn't want to smell you bro).

Anyway, looking for more obscure stuff so I don't get the "you smell just like my ex".

Let's hear 'em.

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
Curve has never failed in my experience. I've yet to find a girl that doesn't love it.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Yes, bump to Curve. But my all time favorite is Ralph Lauren's Romance. The ladies love it...

t_dot_porkchop

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i like the old jean paul gautier "le homme". i also like diesel.

these are both light IMHO

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
They say that cologne depends on your skin, don't really know. I'm a Hugo fan, myself.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I use Gio as well, but I love my Tommy cologne. Has a bit of a sweet smell like Gio, but much more masculine. Has a nice strong, but not too overpowering scent.

gqsuperman

Awards
givenchy

i'm kind of liking Givenchy pour homme blue label myself. not sure if it's too main stream though.

(used to wear tommy and hugo boss about 7 or 8 years ago....looking for newer scents)

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
My dad used to wear Aramis. It's musky, but smells very good.

Pfunk47

Pfunk47

Pop-Lock champion of 84'
Awards
  • Established
High Karate - you said you wanted not mainstream - why not go old school

gqsuperman

Awards
high karate

CLASSIC!!!!!

****, i might as well go with drakar...wait, it's not the 80's and i dont' wear gel in my hair anymore.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I was going to start a thread like this. Glad to see someone jumped on it.

Here's some that I have been using recently:

1) Paris Hilton's men's version. Kinda sweet smelling, ladies seem to like it.

2) Armai Black, very popular right now, good smell.

3) Ralph Lauren's Sliver is excellent as well, that's what I'm currently using, and the ladies love it.

4) Victoria Secrets SEXY for men. Very good smelling.

Yjyankee

More Cowbell
Awards
  • Established
Vic. Secret men's sexy is pretty good. I like that one. I also like the Armani. Can't remember what it's called, it's in the tall gray bottle. Good stuff. I've been wanting a new one too. Used to love Boss. I also use XS & one of the men's Clinique one's.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Vic. Secret men's sexy is pretty good. I like that one. I also like the Armani. Can't remember what it's called, it's in the tall gray bottle. Good stuff. I've been wanting a new one too. Used to love Boss. I also use XS & one of the men's Clinique one's.
I think the Armani you are referring to is called Mania, very good choice also. :thumbsup:

Stuntdawg

Stuntdawg

Awards
I have always gotten complements with Estee Lauder's Intuition. Unfortunately, I think Curve has run its limit. Heck, it's sold at Wal-Mart now. Victoria Secret's Sexy for Men is a good choice as well.

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
hmm cool thread, I just got done shopping for a new cologne. For the last few months or so I used Vic Secret very sexy. Have also used Claiborne Bora Bora. Some of my past favs would be polo sport and curve. I just bought and like the Claiborne Soul. Its very light and subtle.

A couple others I thought were pretty cool were Zegna and some of the Burberrys.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Gio is great and women tend to compliment a person who is wearing it.

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
i love victoria secrets for men.... i wear the very sexy myself....i know its not the 80's but i love eternity.....CK1, curves, and another one but i dont know the name of it...LOL

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
I like Diesel for the day, and Dolce & Gabbana for the evening. The heavier notes of D & G makes a good cover for Lovescent's NPA, a combo the Lovescent forum crowd believes is good for smokey barrooms and/or women over 30. I can't confirm or deny this from personal experience, the effect of Phermones is hard for me to qualify.

IRserge

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I like Cristobal, Lucky, and lacoste. Cristobal would probably be more of an evening scent.

shatfield

Board Supporter
Awards
You guys want something obscure- Clinique Happy for men. I get more compliments from women when I wear this than anything else. Its definitely a summer cologne.

Stuntdawg

Stuntdawg

Awards
You guys want something obscure- Clinique Happy for men. I get more compliments from women when I wear this than anything else. Its definitely a summer cologne.
I had a g/f who used to wear Happy for women. I had no clue they made it for men; go figure.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Salvatore Ferragamo.. ;) :ntome:

gqsuperman

Awards
yup

i have happy for men....i like it. just looking for something new for winter now. i've got a couple ideas now to check out.

i also saw/smelled an add for a new scent corduory......smelled pretty good.

Onslaught

Awards
  • Established
Banana Republic has a pretty good cologne out right now. It's called Modern, the gf loves it.

The Doberman

Awards
You really can't go wrong with Old Spice...:ntome:

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
My top 5:

1> Salvatore Ferragamo- Light, musky, has an expenssive air about it

2> Chrome Azzaro- Summertime scent, made to make a woman cuddle close to sniff you..

3> Xerus Rouge- Strong so spray lightly.. I wear it to clubs 'cause I don't sweat it off while dancing..

4> Dolce & Gabana(sp)- Sweet, great with a button-up, jeans, and a blazer..

5> Calvin Klein Escape- Summer scent, wear it with an unbuttoned shirt, and linen slacks.. Smells like a romance novel, damsel not included.. :ntome:

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I've used Armani Mania and I have never heard a complaint. It smells good, but it isn't overpowering in anyway. A bit old but a good scent never goes out of style.

unfknblvbl89

Board Supporter
Awards
I currently wear Vic Secrets Very Sexy for him and VSFH2. Both smell great

mywetnightmares

Kyra Gracie= my future wife
Awards
  • Established
Well, one scent you can't go wrong with is Green Irish Tweed by Creed, I didn't like it at first but then I smelled it again and it's absolutely awesome. Casran by Chopard is good for winter, that's what's mostly gonna be my winter scent. Look into Creed stuff, not a lot of people wear it, and their scents are very versatile.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
I hate colognes, perfumes & all that ****.

I won't wear them, and I won't waste time on women who wear them.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
I don't stink, if that's what you mean
...interesting leap, otherwise

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Just thought I'd share this. Out of all the colognes I listed and wear, the one I have had the most compliments by ladies has been Victoria's Secret's "Very Sexy" for men. Seems the scent lasts a lot longer than most of the others as well.

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
Just thought I'd share this. Out of all the colognes I listed and wear, the one I have had the most compliments by ladies has been Victoria's Secret's "Very Sexy" for men. Seems the scent lasts a lot longer than most of the others as well.
I agree

BLANE

Awards
  • Established
how about a little stetson black or kenneth cole new york

SVTMuscle

SVTMuscle

Awards
Versache and Kenneth Cole Reaction.... it's good stuff

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
let's hear some opinions...preferably from some ladies (WG). I don't want to hear any of the old standars like Acqua De Gio, or Issey Miyake. I'm looking for more obscure stuff..clean smelling. I don't like it when people go out smelling like a locker room (too musky), so i don't want to become an offender (I can't stand guys who load up on the Axe body spray...the whole building doesn't want to smell you bro).

Anyway, looking for more obscure stuff so I don't get the "you smell just like my ex".

Let's hear 'em.

I switch off using aqua de gio and very sexy. I have NO complaints whatsoever from the ladies with those two. Aqua is just a panty dropper lol.

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have 4 that I switch.

Crombie Fierce (most of the time)
Lucky You
Very Sexy
Curve

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Thought I'd share a new cologne I came across. Actually, it's not new, but I've had it for over a year. I just never opened the package until a couple weeks ago. It's Velocity by Mary Kay. Smells very good, and I have been getting compliments by several chicks about how they like it.

They also make Velocity in a face wash that smells and works good too.

QUICKRYDE

Awards
  • Established
The colognes I have in my bedroom are the following:

Curve {This lady in the elevator today was sniffing me and she love this cologne...she is hot :) }

Issey Miyake

Calvin Klein Escape

Cool Water

Very Sexy

Dolce and Gabana

Eternity

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Javari from The Body Shop is nice.. :thumbsup:

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
what i have:

CK obscession - oldy but goody
curve - old faithful
RL silver - got as gift, good stuff

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
ball sweat baby.........ball sweat
You know, if there's no bacteria to cause the rotten flesh stink, your natural pheromones (not Phera-Plex, no capping your ball sweat!) can excite a woman.. Once again, they can't be foul.. ;)

gten79

Awards
Whats up no "Canoe":toofunny:

I love the Sopranos:head: