Bodybuilding Scams

aeoliantru

Awards
I know we've all been duped at one time or another by a so-called miracle bodybuilding supplement.  I fell for Cybergenics and ipriflavone.  What have you fallen for? 

deaconbill

Awards
Cutting gel, I know what WC Fields said and it is true.  Also, testrogel.  I seem to have more money than sense but I am quickly becoming cynical.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
liquid creatine man.....way back when it first got introduced and my knowledge of the supps world were minimal at best. (luckily, only set me back $10)

shady

Awards
i will be the one to say it . cell-tech , i bought some my junior year in high school so it was about 5 years ago . and i still have the tub i use it as a drink holder next to the comp.. and i will ad that back then the 4.3lb tub was 80 bucks . ouch .........

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
Methoxy pro

and Liquid Creatine Resum by Vyotech (with about 8g worth of added Twinlab Creatine fuel capsules) got some good pumps though.

Blindfaith

Awards
i too have more money than sense sometimes! Here is all the crap that i have purchased in the past!

1) HMB ($120 cdn for 1 month supply! what was i thinking!)
2) Pyruvate
3) andro poppers
4) methoxy pro
5) metabolic thyrolean by prolab
6) cell tech....might as well have drank koolaid!

and im sure there will be more in the future

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
i really didnt get ripped off on price, but i had to try it out myself, so Ultimate Nutrition HMB.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
HMB, pyruvate, and cutting gel. So sad isn't it? HMB got quite a bit of people around the later 90's, got me the bastards!! EAS made so much off of that stuff!

Blindfaith

Awards
some people still rave about hmb...but its only effective in very large dosages such as 4 grams per day...and i dont know about you guys but thats just a little outta my price range!

IronWinner

Awards
1. Effervescent Creatine
2. Cell Tech
3. Nitro Tech(just the expense of the product...I made gains with it, but of course I could have made just as many as Whey Isolate)
4. HMB
5. Myostatin Binders- "Myostim"* (*verdict not in yet....continuing use:( :D)

Rhinoman

Awards
Originally posted by aeoliantru
I know we've all been duped at one time or another by a so-called miracle bodybuilding supplement.  I fell for Cybergenics and ipriflavone.  What have you fallen for? 
Some VPX like Paradeca, Decavar. Just my opinion.  I have gotten more bullets from other products cheaper that them.  Works less than they claim.

ex_banana-eater

Awards
  • Established
HMB, pyruvate, and cutting gel. So sad isn't it? HMB got quite a bit of people around the later 90's, got me the bastards!! EAS made so much off of that stuff!
Pyruvate didnt work for ya?

shadow_manifest

Awards
Effervescent Creatine ,Dymatize Deca-Force Reactor and creatine serum

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Ive never had much money to blow on 'new' supplements. I always waited for feedback before I bought anything, but to be honest, I bought several bottles of good ol' andro in 98 after the McGwire deal and my strength went through the roof and I gained some weight but I got a small case of gyno and had some swelling in my prostate, which was painful as hell. The prostate has subsided, but if you look close enough, the gyno is still there.... I wouldnt call it a total waste, because back then, it was popular as hell and it was the only thing I really knew. I had messed around with Sust and anadrol, but only enough to bloat me.

T-Bar

Awards
I bought this **** called "T-1" from this place called "BDC"......

Just joking.

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
Muscle builder by Weider was one of the first supps I ever bought. Some others were Natural sterol complex/ Universal....Methoxy pro....pinnacle/ creaglutide.....hmb......betagen. Yea, I was a sucker....then I stumbled on to bb.com where I got advice from some good bros.

dez/null

Awards
oh im the smart one who did consumer research before buying a product.

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by aeoliantru
My lord...Cybergenics ;)  Yes, I was taken...

Geez, that was back in the late 80's or early 90's...how far we have come!

Chemo

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Re: Re: Bodybuilding Scams

Originally posted by Chemo

My lord...Cybergenics ;)  Yes, I was taken...

Geez, that was back in the late 80's or early 90's...how far we have come!

Chemo
Admit it, you tried to make it transdermal, eh? :D :D

I was violated by Cybergenics, anything that had Weider's vile name scribbled across, and GNC's Pro Performance line, worst tasting whey I ever wasted money on.. :mad:

Boarder1

Awards
Dibencozide sublingual...LOL what a joke (i know you some of you aged ones took it, admit it!) Cybergenics, I managed to hit my all time lowest weight on that (those multi sets of negatives beyond failure worked me over pretty good - 168lbs @ 6'1 (presently 218lbs).I also recall my tan changing to an orange tint after i started using the supps).....WOW, good times.

T-Bar

Awards
I've bought all kinds of dumb **** before I started doing research on the internet. Cell-tech, Animal stak, The beast, methoxy-pro, ZMA, night-time protien...

db682

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like everyone has pretty much named every product GNC has sold. :D

Hollywood 24hr diet. Never tried but im sure theres some horror stories of the 24hrs on the toilet.

Makes my ass hurt thinking about it.
db

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Methoxy, Cell-Tech, 20-Hydroxyecdysterone. I guess some of us learned the hard way

VitalRemains

Awards
Nitro-Tech/Cell-Tech stack. Let's see, I was 15, I got a part time job, saved my money, bought the crap, and used it for 6 months while lifting in School. I gained squat with it.

Draven

Awards
  • Established
ZMA. It was expensive crap at the time too. And liquid creatine.

The Conqueror

Awards
Cybergenics.....overtrained like a mofo and hurt my back to boot! Winter of 89! Cost me going to the state meet in wrestling my junior year!

We live and learn.

Somebody mentioned Weider's Muscle Builder....I cut my teeth on that and a DP bench with concrete weights! HA! I haven't thought about that in a while.

Nicolai

Awards
cell tech, nitro tech, ZMA(not bad product just too much $$),a few bottles of GNC brand mega men timed release multi's, and gnc's gainer which had like 50+crabs and only 15g protien...

and i was just today thinking about buying myo-blast by cytodyne.. those before and after pics are just far to impressive for me to let this great oppertunity pass me by.

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
I think most of us might be guilty of the whole cell-tech deal....i've tried it...also HMB...pyruvate....probably more..just can't think off the top of my head.

oh yeah...andro poppers..haha..thats funny

every time i hear those two words I laugh

triangle boxes were cool

h19

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
oh yeah the absolute worst was this egg protein powder from GNC that you actually cooked and it came out looking like scrambled eggs...HORRIBLE..still ate it though..

BMZ

Awards
I would say Andro Poppers too, I did alot of research so I never bought into the MuscleShit products.....

I could see that ripoff a mile away.......
but that $30 I spent on those minty Andro Poppers was some bullshit.....

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
oh im the smart one who did consumer research before buying a product.
you and me both... luckily i got on Anthony Ellis's board and learned the base of my knowledge there

I guess glutamine? jury is still out on that one, DC says its good...

bought Isopure Whey protein, high quality stuff but definitely overpriced

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Awards
Dibencozide sublingual...LOL what a joke (i know you some of you aged ones took it, admit it!) Cybergenics, I managed to hit my all time lowest weight on that (those multi sets of negatives beyond failure worked me over pretty good - 168lbs @ 6'1 (presently 218lbs).I also recall my tan changing to an orange tint after i started using the supps).....WOW, good times.
I remember that, prior to my 2nd left knee operation, a doctor asked me that same question in order to determine whether or not any medication would be altered because of the supplements that I was using at the time or have used in the past. By the time we were done discussing that issue, I had filled an entire legal sized paper. That's been a while so I doubt if I'll remember ALL of the crap that I've fallen for since 1985:

super sterol complex
dessecrated liver tabs
inosine
dibencozide sublingual (thanks Boarder1, I thought I was the only one.....LOL)
boron
Metalabol mix (what a crock)
Genesis Nutrition's Animal Pak (gave me the shits)
hmb
Cybergenics Cybercuts
Twinlab's MCT Fuel (nasty orange oil...:mad: )
Met-Rx

The only Weider product that ever worked for me were probably the Body Shaper protein mix and chromium picolinate but I also maintained a proper diet and workout regiment while using them.

Jcc

Awards
  • Established

I guess glutamine? jury is still out on that one, DC says its good...
I dunno, DC shovels in the Optimum pro complex which already has glutamine in it. He doesn't take glut separately...

But, who am I to speak? I never used it enough to form an opinion either way.

I've tried Cell Tech, by the way, though it was just half a jug given to me by a friend. :cool:

I've also gone through several bottles of tribulus, thinking that maybe it was just the brand I was taking... :D

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
man, all these sure bring back some forgettable trials! I tried most of these too...i plead temporary insanity about trying cell tech.

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
Anybody remember the Vanadyl Sulfate craze of the mid-90s? There were stupid rumors about how great it was for some reson. Everybody I knew buying the stuff up. I think I blew $20-30 for a bottle, which did nothing. I was in school at the time, so that was almost all the dough I had.
I can remember being in High School and asking for Cybergenics for Christmas. It was over $100 for all the crap, and I would've done anything to get it. I never got it, too bad because I'd be 295 & ripped by now if I had.

rpward210

Far Beyond Driven
Awards
Lots of Pinnacle ****...ecdybol, methoxy poppers, andro poppers, juiced protein. The JP gave me the worst shits ever! Lets see...um, Betagen. I'm surprised I didn't have a fuckig heart attack from GNC's 100% Whey. all the cholesterol...Methoxypro. I'm glad I still sell this **** so I can point people in the right direction. phew!

Ryan

r00tz

Awards
Juiced Protein
Liquid Creatine
Taraxatone

All pricey, all ****.

LunaHotel

Awards
  • Established
Tribulus, Cybergenics, chromium picolinate, vanadyl sulfate, and of course, GNC "Distance" and "Mass Gainers" which are nothing but sugar at $30 a pound.............

Cogar

Awards
  • Established
Reading through this thread has made me feel better. So far, I have only fallen for HMB. :)

Marcola

Awards
Most Weider products, glandulars, boron, cybergenics, methoxy-pro, Ipriflavone, chrysin, smilax (advertised as testosterone tea)

db682

Awards
  • Established
Does this count?

Im not sure if this counts but about 6 years ago I was reading a Mens Health or Fitness or something of that nature and it said that jerking one off in the morning is a good testosterone booster for males. So I thought to myself, hey, cool now Ive got a reason to squeeze one off every chance I get and Besides the physical pleasure Im also promoting muscle growth. Well, All I can say is that had to be a load of crap because besides a few blisters, some forearm cramps, a weird addiction and a huge shower bill, It did absolutely nothing for me. But hey, Ive got to admit, it definitly was the most satisfing scam Ive ever been taking by. :D

I told my wife and a bunch of her friends at work about that and they havent let it down yet. She just wont admit how much she likes to watch. Shes a freak, so am I, Were perfect for each other. :p

Shamelessly yours,

d "muthafukin" b

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:)

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Klein Becker products.. but the one that got me and my friend was Testrogel. I knew NOTHING back then lol.. sad :(,.. bastards