Bodybuilding Scams

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

1. ZMA. It was expensive crap at the time too. And liquid creatine.

2. Cybergenics.....overtrained like a mofo and hurt my back to boot! Winter of 89! Cost me going to the state meet in wrestling my junior year!

We live and learn.

Somebody mentioned Weider's Muscle Builder....I cut my teeth on that and a DP bench with concrete weights! HA! I haven't thought about that in a while.
    •   

3. cell tech, nitro tech, ZMA(not bad product just too much $$),a few bottles of GNC brand mega men timed release multi's, and gnc's gainer which had like 50+crabs and only 15g protien...

and i was just today thinking about buying myo-blast by cytodyne.. those before and after pics are just far to impressive for me to let this great oppertunity pass me by.

4. I think most of us might be guilty of the whole cell-tech deal....i've tried it...also HMB...pyruvate....probably more..just can't think off the top of my head.

oh yeah...andro poppers..haha..thats funny

every time i hear those two words I laugh

triangle boxes were cool

h19

5. oh yeah the absolute worst was this egg protein powder from GNC that you actually cooked and it came out looking like scrambled eggs...HORRIBLE..still ate it though..
    •   

6. I would say Andro Poppers too, I did alot of research so I never bought into the Muscle**** products.....

I could see that ripoff a mile away.......
    but that $30 I spent on those minty Andro Poppers was some bull****.....

7. Originally posted by dez/null
    oh im the smart one who did consumer research before buying a product.
    you and me both... luckily i got on Anthony Ellis's board and learned the base of my knowledge there

I guess glutamine? jury is still out on that one, DC says its good...

bought Isopure Whey protein, high quality stuff but definitely overpriced

8. Tribulus

9. Originally posted by Boarder1
    Dibencozide sublingual...LOL what a joke (i know you some of you aged ones took it, admit it!) Cybergenics, I managed to hit my all time lowest weight on that (those multi sets of negatives beyond failure worked me over pretty good - 168lbs @ 6'1 (presently 218lbs).I also recall my tan changing to an orange tint after i started using the supps).....WOW, good times.
    I remember that, prior to my 2nd left knee operation, a doctor asked me that same question in order to determine whether or not any medication would be altered because of the supplements that I was using at the time or have used in the past. By the time we were done discussing that issue, I had filled an entire legal sized paper. That's been a while so I doubt if I'll remember ALL of the crap that I've fallen for since 1985:

super sterol complex
    dessecrated liver tabs
    inosine
    dibencozide sublingual (thanks Boarder1, I thought I was the only one.....LOL)
    boron
    Metalabol mix (what a crock)
    Genesis Nutrition's Animal Pak (gave me the ****s)
    hmb
    Cybergenics Cybercuts
    Twinlab's MCT Fuel (nasty orange oil... )
    Met-Rx

The only Weider product that ever worked for me were probably the Body Shaper protein mix and chromium picolinate but I also maintained a proper diet and workout regiment while using them.
    TheChosen12012 A.P.F California State Champion& 2 Class Record Holder (Deadlifts)

10. Originally posted by Bean

I guess glutamine? jury is still out on that one, DC says its good...
    I dunno, DC shovels in the Optimum pro complex which already has glutamine in it. He doesn't take glut separately...

But, who am I to speak? I never used it enough to form an opinion either way.

I've tried Cell Tech, by the way, though it was just half a jug given to me by a friend.

I've also gone through several bottles of tribulus, thinking that maybe it was just the brand I was taking...

11. man, all these sure bring back some forgettable trials! I tried most of these too...i plead temporary insanity about trying cell tech.

12. Anybody remember the Vanadyl Sulfate craze of the mid-90s? There were stupid rumors about how great it was for some reson. Everybody I knew buying the stuff up. I think I blew $20-30 for a bottle, which did nothing. I was in school at the time, so that was almost all the dough I had.
    I can remember being in High School and asking for Cybergenics for Christmas. It was over $100 for all the crap, and I would've done anything to get it. I never got it, too bad because I'd be 295 & ripped by now if I had.

13. Lots of Pinnacle ****...ecdybol, methoxy poppers, andro poppers, juiced protein. The JP gave me the worst ****s ever! Lets see...um, Betagen. I'm surprised I didn't have a ****ig heart attack from GNC's 100% Whey. all the cholesterol...Methoxypro. I'm glad I still sell this **** so I can point people in the right direction. phew!

Ryan

14. Juiced Protein
    Liquid Creatine
    Taraxatone

All pricey, all ****.

15. Tribulus, Cybergenics, chromium picolinate, vanadyl sulfate, and of course, GNC "Distance" and "Mass Gainers" which are nothing but sugar at $30 a pound.............

16. Reading through this thread has made me feel better. So far, I have only fallen for HMB.

17. Most Weider products, glandulars, boron, cybergenics, methoxy-pro, Ipriflavone, chrysin, smilax (advertised as testosterone tea)
  18. Does this count?

Im not sure if this counts but about 6 years ago I was reading a Mens Health or Fitness or something of that nature and it said that jerking one off in the morning is a good testosterone booster for males. So I thought to myself, hey, cool now Ive got a reason to squeeze one off every chance I get and Besides the physical pleasure Im also promoting muscle growth. Well, All I can say is that had to be a load of crap because besides a few blisters, some forearm cramps, a weird addiction and a huge shower bill, It did absolutely nothing for me. But hey, Ive got to admit, it definitly was the most satisfing scam Ive ever been taking by.

I told my wife and a bunch of her friends at work about that and they havent let it down yet. She just wont admit how much she likes to watch. Shes a freak, so am I, Were perfect for each other.

Shamelessly yours,

d "muthafukin" b

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

19. swole v2

20. Klein Becker products.. but the one that got me and my friend was Testrogel. I knew NOTHING back then lol.. sad ,.. bastards
    PharmD

21. Glandulars...supplements remember those Heart,kidney,they called them Stero-Glan..OMG I wasted my money on them....

22. Quote Originally Posted by ps24eva
    swole v2
    That's a first..

23. actually
    I can't tell whether its having an effect or not

what are the symptoms?

24. Swole V2 might have to build up, give it 2 weeks you'll feel it.. Just like a creatine pump, only lasts longer.. It took a week before I felt it, try that..

25. Quote Originally Posted by bigpetefox
    Swole V2 might have to build up, give it 2 weeks you'll feel it.. Just like a creatine pump, only lasts longer.. It took a week before I felt it, try that..
    definately agree. i bought 4 tubs and after 2 weeks thought i'd done my money again then all of a sudden i just got fuller & heaps more vascular.

i drink the 1st serve while i'm training (in the morning) & for convenience i have the next serve after lunch.

make sure you're getting plenty of water as my kidneys started to ache a bit but as soon as i upped my water intake i just got fuller & the pains went away.

love it.

Jag

26. I've noticed a few people list ZMA. I thought this was actually one of the supplements on the market with scientific evidence behind it. If not please let me know, thanks.

27. hey guys i think all of us that tried cybergenics are showing our age...lol
    what a joke that stuff was, i think i have tried it all.

testatropinal
    vanadyl sulfate
    andro poppers
    hmb
    paradeca, decavar
    muscle tech- nortestin,anotestin, nitro tech, cell tech........oooh these people got my money...
    alot of different EAS products.

where was this board 10years ago........ dam

28. Quote Originally Posted by pjflynn
    I've noticed a few people list ZMA. I thought this was actually one of the supplements on the market with scientific evidence behind it. If not please let me know, thanks.
    It works for those people who have a Zinc deficiency brought about by workout/sports related activities or diet. It appears that the only way to tell for sure if it works for you is to try a bottle. The latest (and cheapest) brand I have tried to date is Biotest ZMA. It works for me.

29. Quote Originally Posted by good_guye28
    hey guys i think all of us that tried cybergenics are showing our age...lol
    what a joke that stuff was, i think i have tried it all.

testatropinal
    vanadyl sulfate
    andro poppers
    hmb
    paradeca, decavar
    muscle tech- nortestin,anotestin, nitro tech, cell tech........oooh these people got my money...
    alot of different EAS products.

where was this board 10years ago........ dam

Yeah i forgot about that muscletech ****..I tried all of them also..anotestin/nortestin..**** was expensive too....and can't forget andro poppers..I laugh everytime i hear that..

30. i actually liked effervescent creatine (fizz-fuel) and i still grab some when its on sale. I respond very well to creatine though.

i though hmb, venadyl sulfate, liver tabs (for me), methoxy-pro, and testro-gel were wastes of my money.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Waste of $$/Scam Supplements
    By YellowJacket in forum Supplements
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 07-23-2007, 09:23 PM
  2. O/T stretching for bodybuilding
    By whale in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-07-2003, 02:07 AM
  3. Myostatin Binders/Blockers---Next Scam!
    By Blindfaith in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-05-2002, 03:19 PM
  4. What got you into fitness/bodybuilding??
    By Blazer88 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-13-2002, 04:53 PM
  5. The Bodybuilding Truth
    By Sanosuke in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-20-2002, 11:29 PM