For those of you who play online poker for money..
- 08-17-2005, 11:46 PM
For those of you who play online poker for money..
As many of you may or may not know Poker Stars is a site known for its bad beats. I started noticing it once I started playing for money. I got two four of a kinds in 1 hour both of the times i had pocket jacks and two more jacks hit on the flop. The chances of that are insane, however, the second time a guy beat me with a Royal flush that he got on the turn and river! WHAT ARE THE CHANCES!
So I left that crappy ass poker site for ParadisePoker and I must say what a better place it is. I recommend anyone playing at PS switch to Paradise and I can assure you you are better off. The level of play of the people on Paradise is much less professional as well. Just a heads up so you guys don't keep getting screwed.PharmD
- 08-18-2005, 12:18 AM
You probably already know this but most of those places are located in Aruba, Cancun etc and it has been proven that in many of the games one of the 'players' is a 'bot' owned by the casino.
I would love to play but am too afraid to lose money BUT if I won big the first thing I would buy would be a Viper and a vacation house.
CROWLERSleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
- 08-18-2005, 12:21 AM
Yeah that sucks man. I mean Poker Stars is supposed to be very professional etc. But I think it is BS, they say they had a third party check their system, but I want to know when the last time that was.PharmD
08-18-2005, 12:22 AM
08-18-2005, 12:32 AM
SS is really into that poker ****. he can **** here for HOURS playing. he gets very into it too. he yells at the screen and jumps around saying **** like " I GOT DA NUTS BITCH" its kinda funny. he is pretty good and knows what he is doing. he has cut back since we started going to the gym more witch is good.
08-20-2005, 10:36 PM
08-21-2005, 03:25 AM
Online poker for money is usually a foolish investment as it is far too easy to cheat. I wish you the best of luck but be VERY careful and leery.
Isn't gambling and an NCAA athlete = ?
08-21-2005, 03:50 PM
ive never gotten into omaha before.. im pretty bad at it.. why do you say that though?Originally Posted by supersoldier
and i dont believe playing poker for money is against ncaa regs? i am 21, and im not betting on games?
08-22-2005, 01:21 AM
Great Topic for me.
First off, I play poker online professionally. I made the move this summer, because I just couldn't pass the opportunity down.
- No, Online poker is not rigged, and bad beats happen all the time everywhere. It is part of the game. It only seems that it happens online more often because of two reasons. First, you see more hands then you would in a live play setting. You can see over 60 hands per hour playing one table online where as you would see about 20 in a live play setting. Second, because of posts like these, many people THINK online play is rigged so they are specifically looking for it. It is common sense to know you find something more often if you look for it, even if it isn't there. You are paranoid.
- You lose at online poker because you are a bad player. Poker play online is MUCH better then live play. A standard 2-4 limit game online has the skill level of a 20-40 game in vegas. Also, you are playing so much quicker online that what might take you hours to lose in a casino are lost in only a hour online.
- Yes, PokerStars has the highest level play of any online poker site. Ultimatebet and Fulltilt poker also have a very high level of play. Paradise and Party poker have the weakest players of major online poker websites. This is a great place to start.
- Cheating in online poker is almost non-existant. Major websites have countless messures to stop cheating. Party Poker is the largest online poker room, and also have the strongest security. First off, they scan your computer and registry. They know what programs you have running at your computer. They track betting patterns and style. No human plays the exact same way every hand, a computer does.
Players working together is the biggest threat to honest players, and they crack down hard. There systems are built to know when players are working together. Suspisious raises and fold raise red flags. Players consistantly playing together are tracked. Honestly, there is more teamwork LIVE at casinos than in online play.
Even the most advanced AI is not strong enough to beat poker players. This is not chess, a game of known information. Poker is a game of incomplete information. Recently at the 2005 WSOP the BEST programmers in the world pitted their mega computers Vs real players and lost. The technological known-how to create a winning poker-playing bot is years away, and anyone with bad intentions still won't be looking to win in your low limit $5-10 games. So unless you are playing for $1000 pots every hand, this will most likely never be a worry for you.
This board has many intelligent thinkers, I am honestly supprised by this thread.
08-22-2005, 01:22 AM
And unfortunately, Poker is not a slot machine. You don't just "get lucky" and win $100,000Originally Posted by CROWLER
08-22-2005, 04:25 AM
I read a lot on thepokerforum, and twoplustwo, and I've never heard anybody say that Paradise has weak players. In fact I only hear just the oppositte.Originally Posted by doggzj
From everything I've ever heard Party and Pacific have the most fish, then you got Stars and UB.
I like Paradise's software the best. You play any PLO?
08-22-2005, 05:30 AM
Fish = weakest players.Originally Posted by supersoldier
I am a very good omaha player, but there is easier money in holdem.
08-22-2005, 06:15 AM
Yeah, thanks for clearing that up for me.Originally Posted by doggzj
I was saying in response to your statement that Party and Paradise have the weakest players (the most fish), that I have never heard anything other than "Stay away from Paradise, mostly good players play there".
08-22-2005, 07:30 AM
Then whoever said that was clearly mistaken. Paradise is worse then Party.Originally Posted by supersoldier
08-22-2005, 01:54 PM
Cheating online is simple.
Get in a room where you have partners.
Turn on speaker phone.
Relay your cards and increase your odds.
Split the profits.
08-22-2005, 02:16 PM
Hey could you message me on AIM when you get a chance? It is LakeMountD on there too.Originally Posted by doggzj
Also, I am not saying it is "rigged" on poker stars for instance, but what I am saying is that I don't believe their shuffling program is correct. I have played on Party, Paradise, and Poker Stars and I have done so a lot. Poker stars ALWAYS seems to have more bad beats than the others. All three have bad players, espcially at the 5 and 10 dollar sit and go's that I play. My win placing percentage at paradise is around 90%! Which is awesome for me as a college student. Twice on poker stars (in one hour) I got pocket jacks and twice flopped a four of a kind, on one of those hands a guy gets runner runner for a royal flush. I don't care what you say thats fishy. The next day I get pocket 2's and flop four of a kind again. Who gets 3 four of a kinds (flopped) in less than a day and a half. I think some cards show up more than others. THey say they have 3rd parties checking their systems but like a few programs in the past, they later found that some cards did show up more than others.
08-22-2005, 05:10 PM
This is very easily detected. I know personally many players who were not cheating, just playing with friends who have gotten their accounts frozen because of 'cheating'. People cheat in online poker about as often as steroids kill people.Originally Posted by size
08-22-2005, 06:18 PM
08-22-2005, 07:20 PM
08-22-2005, 07:27 PM
I like Pacific Poker more than Poker StarsOriginally Posted by custom
It seems pretty fair, and hands go fast...
08-23-2005, 01:07 AM
Paradise. Download the software, sign up using the referal program, and tell 'em SS sent you. And I get free moneyOriginally Posted by custom
08-23-2005, 01:44 PM
Riiiiiiight, I start a thread about how people should switch over to paradise and you want them to refer you?!?! Refer LakeMountD !!!Originally Posted by supersoldier
Similar Forum Threads
- By Beowulf in forum AnabolicsReplies: 5Last Post: 09-30-2005, 08:59 AM
- By Rock Lee in forum Weight LossReplies: 14Last Post: 09-19-2004, 01:30 AM
- By max silver in forum General ChatReplies: 5Last Post: 05-01-2004, 03:25 AM
- By SUPAJAwS1 in forum Weight LossReplies: 8Last Post: 10-27-2003, 01:37 PM
- By windwords7 in forum General ChatReplies: 2Last Post: 08-17-2003, 02:45 AM