Another damn hernia!!!

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
After my last surgery a few weeks ago I tried so damn hard to not lose that much weight and of course lost a little strength especially in squat and dl but
feel like I finally got my strength on those two back only to find out at my follow up yesterday that I have to go back at the beginning of sept to get the other side fixed. I guess it is somewhat common when one side is fixed that since one side is so strong due to the mesh the other side starts to weaken drastically.

I am just freakin pissed that I have to go through this bs once again.. Thought this was over for awhile. Guess not.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
How long did it take before you were lifting normal again? Did you get the shouldice method?

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
don' t know what that method is exactly. My first week back was good. Took two days after surgery off and trained lightly first two days back.. After that it was good. Benching and db pressing really stretched it and was a little sore but it went good.

Now everything is great except when I sneeze, lol.

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Damn. When I got my surgery for my herniae, it took me 2 MONTHS to get back to any lifting at all. Was walking like a 95-year-old most of that time, too. :(

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I guess I should be grateful that I only have to miss two days. But you all can understand right? Just flat out sucks!

Blackwolf

Awards
Hey Max ! Damn sorry to hear about ANOTHER surgery!

That sucks...., well at least you'll finally be done with both
sides.

I've been lifting and slowly gaining my lost weight back.
Since my surgery I'm back to about 90% of what I was lifting.
Still lost a bunch of weight because I was sick to. :(
I'm down about 10 lbs still...,

good luck , hope you have another speedy recovery...

joe

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well its awesome that you are almost 100% joe. Really sucks that you got sick during your recovery though. That ten lbs. I am sure will come back quick bro.

I keep reminding myself that after this I am done. Its better than making a bunch of progress in the next couple of months only to get setback again. So just a few more weeks and this BS will be over with.:woohoo:

Blackwolf

Awards
Hey Max, yeah, I'm sure I'll be back up to snuff soon ....
Just haven't been eating enough, tempting to try out my
E...max.......need to wait a month or so for that.... heheh.
Well, don't forget you can still get that hernia that's near the
belly button ! You'll be full of mesh by the time you're done....
probably me too........, but it's good to know that full recovery
can be had in weeks.....

good luck
joe
keep us update.......

Well its awesome that you are almost 100% joe. Really sucks that you got sick during your recovery though. That ten lbs. I am sure will come back quick bro.

I keep reminding myself that after this I am done. Its better than making a bunch of progress in the next couple of months only to get setback again. So just a few more weeks and this BS will be over with.:woohoo:

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hey Max, yeah, I'm sure I'll be back up to snuff soon ....
Just haven't been eating enough, tempting to try out my
E...max.......need to wait a month or so for that.... heheh.
Well, don't forget you can still get that hernia that's near the
belly button ! You'll be full of mesh by the time you're done....
probably me too........, but it's good to know that full recovery
can be had in weeks.....

good luck
joe
keep us update.......
Oh no man don't say that.:( I don't even want to think of that, lol. Yeah e..max will help
you get that weight back in a hurry and then some. LOL I'll have a damn bullet proof vest underneath my skin when I am done.

Yeah I will let everyone know how this one is in comparison to the last one. This one should be less painful. Doc said the avg hernia is 1-2 in. and mine was 5.7.. Pretty damn big. He said this meant I had it for a long time.. There was a lot of scar tissue down there which they had to scrape off of my nerves, hence all the pain I had. This time the hernia is very small, I think, so it hopefully won't be as bad.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
I have an umbilical hernia that I've been putting off getting fixed for a few years now because I don't want to go through the "off" time. So I hear your pain Max. I'm going to finally make the call next month and git'r dun. I shouldn't watch those surgery shows on Discovery. They have me freaked now that I'm the one getting cut up :(

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have an umbilical hernia that I've been putting off getting fixed for a few years now because I don't want to go through the "off" time. So I hear your pain Max. I'm going to finally make the call next month and git'r dun. I shouldn't watch those surgery shows on Discovery. They have me freaked now that I'm the one getting cut up :(
My umbilical hernia is 'undiagnosed' from way back. I discovered it long ago (before body comp trans) but because it was pea sized at the time, and I was fat, it was dismissed by the physician. Now, much leaner, and having aggrevated it a great deal, it has increased to the size of a med-large grape. It protrudes through my abdominal muscles from time to time, and can be a bit uncomfortable when it does, but I can press it back into place. When you get it done make a mental journal of the process, and most importantly the recovery process. I am not to anxious about loosing too much weight post surgery (this endo's good like that :woohoo: ), but I am of the mindset...git'r dun...and keep'r dun. So I'm anticipating and willing to accept and utilize some 'quality' down time.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
My umbilical hernia is 'undiagnosed' from way back. I discovered it long ago (before body comp trans) but because it was pea sized at the time, and I was fat, it was dismissed by the physician. Now, much leaner, and having aggrevated it a great deal, it has increased to the size of a med-large grape. It protrudes through my abdominal muscles from time to time, and can be a bit uncomfortable when it does, but I can press it back into place. When you get it done make a mental journal of the process, and most importantly the recovery process. I am not to anxious about loosing too much weight post surgery (this endo's good like that :woohoo: ), but I am of the mindset...git'r dun...and keep'r dun. So I'm anticipating and willing to accept and utilize some 'quality' down time.

Will do B. Mine is coming right our of my belly button. Sometimes it hurts like Hell and it kind of "pops" back in. I figure that I'd better get it fixed.

Blackwolf

Awards
Hey Max.. lol........yep, you'll definately have a tough stomach if you
get all 3 ! Probably be able to take a punch or kick to the stomach
better too ! hehehe........

5.7'' wow, that's a huge rip ! mine was a 2.5''...... guess that's why I
didn't have any swelling... You should be up and lifting soon, and yeah,
can't wait to start that E... cycle........ trying to keep my hands off it
for another month or so......

good luck
joe

Blackwolf

Awards
Hey SJA, that's funny about watching the surgery on discovery.... I
have done the same thing, but if I were you I'd get it done as soon
as possible ! I've had heart surgery repair done about 6 years ago,
and went through hell,but if I didn't get it , I'd be dead now.... :0
Don't worry about a little hernia....., just make sure some gay guy
don't shave ya like they had done me ! (nothing against gays)
It was embarassingly funny...... lucky my girlfriend was there to get a laugh with me...

joe

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hey SJA, that's funny about watching the surgery on discovery.... I
have done the same thing, but if I were you I'd get it done as soon
as possible ! I've had heart surgery repair done about 6 years ago,
and went through hell,but if I didn't get it , I'd be dead now.... :0
Don't worry about a little hernia....., just make sure some gay guy
don't shave ya like they had done me ! (nothing against gays)
It was embarassingly funny...... lucky my girlfriend was there to get a laugh with me...

joe
Dude that sucks. Nothing against gays either. Man I had a buch of hot nurses in an ice cold room and I mean ice cold.
I am glad I went out fast lol. I'll let you guys know when my surgery is and how it compared to the last one in terms of pain swelling etc. considering as of right now this one is much more mild in comparison.

SJA and anyone else that has one, sooner the better. I found out that the longer you have it the more and more scar tissue builds up. Meaning possible longer recovery, more pain and swelling, possible nerve damage (like in my case), danger of strangulation(sp?) etc. I still have a lot of numbness down there and will for a while from the nerve damage from the scar tissue having to be scraped of. Good thing I ain't numb everywhere down there, Still have plenty of feeling where it counts:dance:

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
I scheduled a consultation visit for next week. You guys pushed me into making the call :nutkick: