I am NOT trying to point fingers or taunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mrs. Gimpy

Mrs. Gimpy

Awards
i swear BUT it is really sad how people here can not express their feelings about one another without it being censored or threads shut down.

In my opinion, which i believe m any of you willl disagree on, i believe we are all adults and can handle criticism and the fact that all people are not going to want to be your friend and that the world doesnt always get along.

i truly feel that as long as we arent calling each other "fucking morons" "stupid" "I want u to fucking die" or things of that sort and feelings are expressed in a mmature manner than it should be allowed.

i truly am not trying to make secret jabs or anything, its just my opinion about censorship and things.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
close this thread immediately :D

just kidding, just keep it civil folks

no one should get upset about opinions expressed on the internet (although I do once in a while) - but it's just silly. If you find yourself getting mad at people in cyberspace you probably have a problem that has nothing to do with the computer

and away we go....

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
That was the EXACT reason I closed that thread.. it was going NO where except bashing on other members...

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm going to add my contribution to this.

Many are claiming to be mature adults using freedom of expression when they are in a discussion on a topic. Regardless of the topic, I am FAR from a prude and quite shock proof. BUT as a mature adult I try to communicate using a reasonable amount of tact and tasteful etiquette.

Lately there is a trend of individuals using dialogue that is overly graphic and profane. Regardless of the topic some people just seem unable to communicate without this sort of language. Yes, this is an internet board. Yes there is freedom of expression. Yes there are adult topic forums. BUT, I, as a mature adult do not engage in dialogue with other mature adults using this sort of language in person or on the net. I can completely express myself and my opinions with all the passion and animation that I tend to display without using horrid, graphic and profane language.

Now if these are people communicating exclusively with one another on subjects exclusive to their opinions, interests and ideas, there are PM's for that very purpose. But if there is going to be a public discussion (on a private board) there is an amount of decency that is prerequisitite to the demonstration of the state of being a mature adult.

Being adult does not automatically qualify someone as mature. Adult is the state of being of legal age and is a matter of chronology that is independent of ones behavior. Maturity is the demonstartion of personal and behavioral characteristics commensurate with the process of inner growth.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i agree .. and deoudes you're ugly, stupid, and your mother dresses you funny

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
I pretty much know what thread sparked Mrs gimpy to write this and in this case I have to agree with her. Someone needed to say something to this person. I really didnt want to say anything, but the drama and fishing for compliments is starting to get old.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I pretty much know what thread sparked Mrs gimpy to write this and in this case I have to agree with her. Someone needed to say something to this person. I really didnt want to say anything, but the drama and fishing for compliments is starting to get old.
Agree with what? Mrs. Gimpy simply mentioned that a thread was closed due to immature behaviour.. Ellaborate on what you got outta the post..

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i swear BUT it is really sad how people here can not express their feelings about one another without it being censored or threads shut down.

In my opinion, which i believe m any of you willl disagree on, i believe we are all adults and can handle criticism and the fact that all people are not going to want to be your friend and that the world doesnt always get along.

i truly feel that as long as we arent calling each other "fucking morons" "stupid" "I want u to fucking die" or things of that sort and feelings are expressed in a mmature manner than it should be allowed.

i truly am not trying to make secret jabs or anything, its just my opinion about censorship and things.
No names were mentioned, nor was there any mention of drama and fishing for compliments..

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
she didnt mention the name and she didnt have to and nor do I want to. She was referring to a thread that was closed to due someone stating there option about another person. And in this case I agree, the thread should not have been closed, someone needed to say what was said to that individual.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
i actually bought this deodorant in this gas station, smells like lysol - and it wears off and i smell

like poo

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
my mom cut my hair up until 10th grade

i had the jeff george style

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
hahaha
he kind of looks like Rafael Palmeiro
nah, they juiced me up, got me a haircut, body wash, some clothes from ebay and the rest is history

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
i have the open road song in my head from ESPN
bryan adams - open road, 50 states in 50 days damnit

Mrs. Gimpy

Mrs. Gimpy

Awards
she didnt mention the name and she didnt have to and nor do I want to. She was referring to a thread that was closed to due someone stating there option about another person. And in this case I agree, the thread should not have been closed, someone needed to say what was said to that individual.
that was exactly what i was referring to.

bashing matthew is using profane words to HURT someone, but simply stating your opinion about someone like hm..." mrs. gimpy is a crazy woman at times. she annoys me." would not be an issue. its simply stating a feeling. not to be "evil" and "malicious" at least to me. but saying "mrs. gimpy is the stupidest fucking dipshit who cant tell her asshole from...etc...." would be inappropriate.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
There are days when I really really HATE this job that I signed up to just to do it, just incase you didn't know, mods or admin don't get paid to do this job.. There is NOT one day that goes by that someone does is not critical about one thing that I do or another.. So hey.. thanks for reinforcing my opinion that no matter what you do, NO ONE gives damn and all they want to do is crack on you about how you did the job...

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
There are days when I really really HATE this job that I signed up to just to do it, just incase you didn't know, mods or admin don't get paid to do this job.. There is NOT one day that goes by that someone does is not critical about one thing that I do or another.. So hey.. thanks for reinforcing my opinion that no matter what you do, NO ONE gives damn and all they want to do is crack on you about how you did the job...
Story of my life.

liftin mama

Awards
i agree...maybe some people just cant take criticism :twisted:
that was exactly what i was referring to.

bashing matthew is using profane words to HURT someone, but simply stating your opinion about someone like hm..." mrs. gimpy is a crazy woman at times. she annoys me." would not be an issue. its simply stating a feeling. not to be "evil" and "malicious" at least to me. but saying "mrs. gimpy is the stupidest fucking dipshit who cant tell her asshole from...etc...." would be inappropriate.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Thanks again.. I appreciate your need to be critical of a place you have been around so long ;)

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
in all honesty and in risk of sounding like i'm kissing ass, the mods on this board do a kick ass job and they stick to their guns. it ain't hard to figure out what will fly and what won't on this board. when a thread gets closed, it's generally to avoid name calling and other childish **** that 99% of the time follows when the particular subject is driven into the ground. there's always going to be some wise ass internet tough guy who posts a shrewd comment that will immediately follow other assholic comments from opposing members. this is a discussion forum, but you can easily see where a thread is heading once it takes that fatal turn, i'd close the **** too, it's annoying.

CrAzyOttER

Banned
Awards
there's always going to be some wise ass internet tough guy who posts a shrewd comment that will immediately follow other assholic comments from opposing members.
but you still love me right?

CrAzyOttER

Banned
Awards
:sad: hey do you guys/girl remember my pink shirt thread? that was a funny one that got cut out. :sad:
i miss you pink shirt thread:rofl:

im going to go put on a pink shirt right now! then im going to drink some white wine and put on my kennyG cd.:icon_lol:

CrAzyOttER

Banned
Awards
SO YOU DO LOVE ME!!!!!! i knew it all along. sorry BEE, you are a sexy bitch but i just dont swing that way anymore.:run: not since 3rd grade.:nono: :nono: :lol:

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
SO YOU DO LOVE ME!!!!!! i knew it all along. sorry BEE, you are a sexy bitch but i just dont swing that way anymore.:run: not since 3rd grade.:nono: :nono: :lol:
Your a weird dude :blink: .

But your Avatar makes up for it.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My my, you ARE funny, CrAzyOttER :)
thank you veeeeerrrry much buddy. :cheers:

some people dont seem to think so.:sad:
fun·ny (adj.)
Causing laughter or amusement. :toofunny:

Main Entry: funny
Part of Speech: adjective 1
Definition: humorous
Synonyms: a scream, absurd, amusing, antic, blithe, capricious, clever, comic, comical, diverting, droll, entertaining, facetious, farcical, for grins, gas, gay, gelastic, good-humored, hilarious, humdinger, humorous, hysterical, jocose, jocular, joking, jolly, killing, knee-slapper, laughable, ludicrous, merry, mirthful, playful, priceless, rich, ridiculous, riot, riotous, risible, side-splitting, silly, slapstick, sportive, waggish, whimsical, witty

ob·nox·ious (adj.)
Very annoying or objectionable; offensive or odious :wtf:

Main Entry: obnoxious
Part of Speech: adjective
Definition: offensive
Synonyms: abhorrent, abominable, annoying, awful, beastly, big mouth, bitchy, blue, creep, crumb, cussed, detestable, disagreeable, disgusting, dislikable, displeasing, foul, funky, grody, gross, hateable, hateful, heel, horrid, insufferable, invidious, loathsome, mean, nasty, nauseating, objectionable, odious, off-color, ornery, pesky, pestiferous, pill, repellent, reprehensible, repugnant, repulsive, revolting, rotten, sickening, stinking, unpleasant

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm honestly trying to find something obnoxious about CrazyOtter's postings and I can't. But then again, I have a couple accounts that don't seem to work anymore... I wonder why? Maybe because we have similar humour???

Is being eccentric (nope I don't mean "downward repping") really ALL bad?

Peace.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe. But maybe when you start paying the bills and making the decisions, you can stop banning your mulitple screen names and enforcing your own rules.

Until then, have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.