Awards
is it me or does it seem a bit faster?

not sure cuz i just took my eca :D

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
BTW, you can switch back to the "Emerge" skin by going to your control panel and selecting it.

It should load faster...that's the whole reason we took the board down! We optimized the code, database, and graphics for speed (dial up members will appreciate this).

Chemo

BigAl

Awards
guys, looks and work friggin' awesome...it loads quite a bit faster...thanks for your work, al

T-Bar

Awards
I sort of liked the dark, scary look of the old board. This one is way faster though.

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
It is running great. Even though I am a broadbander I still would have "hangs" that were very annoying. So far, not a single one! I love it. I like the new look as well.

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
the member store looks like its having a couple glitches

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
For sure Pogue, the Member Store is currently suffering.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
the old skin is still there, by the way... I've grown accustomed to it and like it alot, and the speed is indeed much approved... man, was dyin there for like 12 hrs without an Anaminds fix lol... good stuff guys, thanks for the reconfig.

ex_banana-eater

Awards
  • Established
I LOVE the search function at the bottom to search pub med or the US patent office, google, etc!!!!!!!!!!!

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
yeah, that's good stuff... big props for that, on account of it actually getting my lazy ass in there and looking at different studies and such lol

wardog

Awards
  • Established
Nice job BDC, it looks good. I like this new format quite a bit.

Dr of Golf

Awards
Excellent job, Chemo. The pages really load a lot faster for us cheapie dial-up guys. :D

Great work, and I wouldn't expect anything less from a former 91B. ;)

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
Great job! Loads much faster even w/broadband!

RaulJimenez

Awards
  • Established
YO chemooo thank you so much, im currentl;y using a dialup account and you don't even know how it feels to scroll through the post now faster than ever , thanks for caring for the bodybuilding community now let's teach and learn.

bellx1

Awards
Chemo .... really really nice... the new skin is really unique and has a lot of easy to use and find functions ...

I have cable so I don't really see the speed as much as others ... but with all the increased grafix I would imagine it is a lot faster...

Again, Really nice work.. as usual you are on top of the game and ahead of eveyone else ....

Draven

Awards
  • Established
Nice job bro! I too am on broad band but the old site use to hang alot.

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
I'm with draven and bellx1...but i have noticed faster response times.....

Havok

Awards
Although it was here earlier, One thing I really like is the Quick reply
You are way ahead of the other boards..

Also, is there a reason you changed the skin?
Is this faster, or just for a new look?

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by pogue
the member store looks like its having a couple glitches
Screw the store...we're here to learn.  It only takes a few orders to cover the cost of the server and this board is the only reason there is a store to begin with.  I'll work on it as time allows though ;)

Originally posted by Havok
Although it was here earlier, One thing I really like is the Quick reply
You are way ahead of the other boards..

Also, is there a reason you changed the skin?
Is this faster, or just for a new look?
The quick reply box (for threads and PM's) was installed for the dial up members...just one less screen to go through.

The skin was added because a member purchased it for us (it is professionally designed). He wishes to remain anonymous and asked for nothing in return...not even recognition.  IMO, he embodies the essence that is AM ==> "KARMA", you get what you give.

As for the speed increase...there were many areas that were optimized in the source code, database, and also the server software.  As part of the downtime upgrade I installed the Zend PHP suite on the server.  What this does is pre-compile the PHP scripts in an intermediate format and allows for 300% faster execution and page rendering.  For those that are automotively inclined, I basically put a Windsor in my 'Stang ;)

Chemo

Havok

Awards
Damn, that is sweet,
Thanks lots
I have a 56k and it can be hell loading a page to reply, and another to post, and then it brings you back

much faster