Getting really MAD!!!!!

  1. New Member
    wranglergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    273
    Rep Power
    291
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    13.54%

    Getting really MAD!!!!!




    Many know i had surgery about a month ago, knee than my stupid spider bite caused a blood infection like 2 weeks after the knee..So you figure 2 surgeries in a months time..........

    YOU WOULD THINK THAT I MIGHT BE ABLE TO WORKOUT back to what I was before surgery.......I am beyond mad, I am in NYC as i type this and i went biking with my friend and her husband........I could hardly keep up with them and I had to keep stopping...Granted we did a black diamond...( a harder course than the norm) but stilll......the week before surgery i was doing 27 miles on my bike, and lifting, and teaching spin class........I should be closer to where i was?????? right????????? If one more person says take it easy I swear i will scream........................ .............

    thanks for the rant

  2. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2847
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    88.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    K...I wont' say it....I'll just say "chill out"

    How is the knee? So long as that's feeling okay, I'll be patient for you in your quest to cycle across America (or whatever )....27 miles is a lot. I don't think I've ridden a bike that far (cumulatively) in my whole life...hell, I've probably never walked that far

    You'll be fine. Give it a month.
  3. Registered User
    Pioneer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    964
    Rep Power
    597
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    67.85%

    i know supplements aren't always what you should turn to, rather being patient and healing slowly and safely would be my choice, but maybe you should look into this http://www.synergymuscle.com/catalog...993a844c5972a2 its gotten great reviews and it might help you on your way.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    Stuntdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    226
    Rep Power
    232
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    49.63%

    Quote Originally Posted by wranglergirl


    Many know i had surgery about a month ago, knee than my stupid spider bite caused a blood infection like 2 weeks after the knee..So you figure 2 surgeries in a months time..........

    YOU WOULD THINK THAT I MIGHT BE ABLE TO WORKOUT back to what I was before surgery.......I am beyond mad, I am in NYC as i type this and i went biking with my friend and her husband........I could hardly keep up with them and I had to keep stopping...Granted we did a black diamond...( a harder course than the norm) but stilll......the week before surgery i was doing 27 miles on my bike, and lifting, and teaching spin class........I should be closer to where i was?????? right????????? If one more person says take it easy I swear i will scream........................ .............

    thanks for the rant
    Please don't hate me if I tell you to take it easy. As previously stated, it will probably take some time to return to where you were prior to surgery. Your body is just adjusting to the intensity of activity once again. As kwyckemynd00 stated, a month would be a good time frame. I'm sure you'll be back to making those distances in no time though. Just gauge how your body responds and take it from there, but don't try to force yourself to return to where you were so quickly.

    As an aside, I really wish I could bike 27 miles. That's pretty impressive.
  5. I know nothing...
    DmitryWI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,532
    Rep Power
    1411
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    31.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    You gotta take it easy, girl.
  6. New Member
    wranglergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    273
    Rep Power
    291
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    13.54%

    thanks all Just soooo damn annoying...trying to lay low and take it easy!!! ( NO COMMENTS).........

    And KWY, I love to bike 27 miles was not my longest distance on a bike..that was 50 miles 3 weeks before surgery !!!
  7. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2847
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    88.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by wranglergirl
    thanks all Just soooo damn annoying...trying to lay low and take it easy!!! ( NO COMMENTS).........

    And KWY, I love to bike 27 miles was not my longest distance on a bike..that was 50 miles 3 weeks before surgery !!!
    50 miles? Bwahahaha........I feel sorry for Big Pete...doubt he's got the stamina to keep up. If he does...he's blood doping

  8. New Member
    wranglergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    273
    Rep Power
    291
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    13.54%

    Cute Bigpete has no problems....trust me
  9. Board Sponsor
    bigpetefox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,685
    Rep Power
    2017
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    38.82%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by wranglergirl
    Cute Bigpete has no problems....trust me
    Damn right!
  10. New Member
    wranglergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    273
    Rep Power
    291
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    13.54%

    Quote Originally Posted by bigpetefox
    Damn right!

    I left you a message...... friends are eating white castle and i am online....LOL
  11. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2847
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    88.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by wranglergirl
    Cute Bigpete has no problems....trust me
    Pete's blood doping...I say he's banned from competition for cheating

  12. New Member
    Mrs. Gimpy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    55.37%

    Quote Originally Posted by wranglergirl


    norm) but stilll......the week before surgery i was doing 27 miles on my bike, and lifting, and teaching spin class.......
    t
    lol, uh i can only bike 5 miles slowly at best and i just do 3 sets of squats and 3 sets of sit ups twice a week...lol

    that sucks. id be fliping out too.
  13. Board Sponsor
    bigpetefox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,685
    Rep Power
    2017
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    38.82%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    Pete's blood doping...I say he's banned from competition for cheating

    Hey, I was told it was flax oil..
  14. Board Sponsor
    bigpetefox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,685
    Rep Power
    2017
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    38.82%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by wranglergirl
    I left you a message...... friends are eating white castle and i am online....LOL
    Yeah, I got it.. Damn phone vibrates so loud I thought it was a giant bug..
  15. New Member
    BULK_CITY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    122
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    15.24%

    i feel your pain... i had a "little" injury that i thought was no big deal, how wrong i was. My knee would hurt a little after running and made it kinda hard to walk but i toughed it out and thought it was nothing... i did this for 3 years. This Jan I went to the doctor and foudn out i had a small fracture on my knee that could take up to 1 year to fully heal... and this meant "no deep knee bends, no weights, rehab, no running, etc" so i layed off it for 7 months of HELLL (i was finally making huge gains on squats and stuff and blowing up... got up to 300x10 reps) and i just started back up again

    stared with 115x8!!! and couldnt walk for a week after that i was so sore... but next week i got 155x8 and then 225x8 and so on

    basically it will take a little while for muslce memory to kick in, then you will be back to your old liftings

    but it also makes you train your ****ing ass off...all i think about it "how big i would have been if i could have trained" and i train harder b/c of it
  16. New Member
    wranglergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    273
    Rep Power
    291
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    13.54%

    Quote Originally Posted by BULK_CITY
    i feel your pain... i had a "little" injury that i thought was no big deal, how wrong i was. My knee would hurt a little after running and made it kinda hard to walk but i toughed it out and thought it was nothing... i did this for 3 years. This Jan I went to the doctor and foudn out i had a small fracture on my knee that could take up to 1 year to fully heal... and this meant "no deep knee bends, no weights, rehab, no running, etc" so i layed off it for 7 months of HELLL (i was finally making huge gains on squats and stuff and blowing up... got up to 300x10 reps) and i just started back up again

    stared with 115x8!!! and couldnt walk for a week after that i was so sore... but next week i got 155x8 and then 225x8 and so on

    basically it will take a little while for muslce memory to kick in, then you will be back to your old liftings

    but it also makes you train your ****ing ass off...all i think about it "how big i would have been if i could have trained" and i train harder b/c of it

    Good to hear your back, well on your way back......I am trying and your right it makes me train harder but when I train harder, i tend to hurt myself even more....LOL
  17. Board Sponsor
    bigpetefox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,685
    Rep Power
    2017
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    38.82%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by wranglergirl
    Good to hear your back, well on your way back......I am trying and your right it makes me train harder but when I train harder, i tend to hurt myself even more....LOL
    Here's alittle something I doubt I've ever told you, and the reson why I tell you to relax at times..

    I have nerve damage in my neck, I can't do certain movements without a sharp pain shooting thru my neck.. Shrugs, upright rows, and sometimes deadlifts can cause the pain, feels like I'm being stabbed.. I had it checked, the last 3 discs are pressing against the nerves(the 3 that hold my head in place), and as I get older it gets worse..

    I'm as stubborn as you are, but in the same respect I know there's a line I can't cross, unless I want a wheelchair with rims..

    See why I'm always depressed?
  18. New Member
    wranglergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    273
    Rep Power
    291
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    13.54%

    Quote Originally Posted by bigpetefox
    Here's alittle something I doubt I've ever told you, and the reson why I tell you to relax at times..

    I have nerve damage in my neck, I can't do certain movements without a sharp pain shooting thru my neck.. Shrugs, upright rows, and sometimes deadlifts can cause the pain, feels like I'm being stabbed.. I had it checked, the last 3 discs are pressing against the nerves(the 3 that hold my head in place), and as I get older it gets worse..

    I'm as stubborn as you are, but in the same respect I know there's a line I can't cross, unless I want a wheelchair with rims..

    See why I'm always depressed?

    I had no idea....
  19. Senior Member
    TheUnlikelyToad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,587
    Rep Power
    977
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    35.87%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by bigpetefox
    unless I want a wheelchair with rims...
    Speaking of... you see tha previews to Murderball yet?

  20. Elite Member
    Matthew D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    5,014
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    99.21%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by bigpetefox
    ... Shrugs, upright rows, and sometimes deadlifts can cause the pain, feels like I'm being stabbed.. I had it checked, the last 3 discs are pressing against the nerves(the 3 that hold my head in place), and as I get older it gets worse..
    Pete, make sure you keep an eye on this.. very very similiar to all my fun 2 summers ago but I wasn't in the C region of the spine.. it was the L region
  21. New Member
    wranglergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    273
    Rep Power
    291
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    13.54%

    hey matchew................miss ya
  22. Registered User
    GREENFEATHER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    52
    Posts
    159
    Rep Power
    192
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    9.77%

    Quote Originally Posted by wranglergirl


    Many know i had surgery about a month ago, knee than my stupid spider bite caused a blood infection like 2 weeks after the knee..So you figure 2 surgeries in a months time..........

    YOU WOULD THINK THAT I MIGHT BE ABLE TO WORKOUT back to what I was before surgery.......I am beyond mad, I am in NYC as i type this and i went biking with my friend and her husband........I could hardly keep up with them and I had to keep stopping...Granted we did a black diamond...( a harder course than the norm) but stilll......the week before surgery i was doing 27 miles on my bike, and lifting, and teaching spin class........I should be closer to where i was?????? right????????? If one more person says take it easy I swear i will scream........................ .............

    thanks for the rant
    I'll trade ya!! My wife came home last monday with WONDERFUL news, she came into contact with a rabid cat unknowingly. Talk about sucking, this is my 3rd time with the damned rabies shots!!

    Good luck with the recovery!
    ROB
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. getting really discouraged please help
    By live to lift in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-28-2011, 05:59 PM
  2. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 08-10-2011, 07:43 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-23-2009, 02:09 PM
  4. My playlist is getting really old.
    By Chad in forum General Chat
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 04-06-2007, 05:49 PM
  5. I Must Say This Place Is Starting To Get Really Good!
    By Blindfaith in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-14-2002, 04:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in