Powerlifting Event This Weekend In York, PA

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Just wondering if anyone one by chance is competing in the powerlifting competition this weekend in york, pennsylvania. I got a friend who is competing in the amateur division not sure what weight class though. So I will be there. Just though I'd check, or if anyone will be there supporting a friend like I am.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
By now it's probably over, but where in York?

... that be fun to watch.

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
wasin the hall of fame. Was awesome dude. Gene rychlak attempted a 1015lb BP

Some amateur broke the squat record with a 1000 lb squat, attempted 1050(that was ugly)
A guy in the masters broke the squat record with a 940 or 950 lb squat. It was sick. I am partial to
bodybuilding but my good friend competed so I went. He had a 780 lb squat, 500lb bench, and 625 lb. deadlift and he is only 225 and 22yrs.old.
He did awesome man. That was my first powerlifting show and it was fun but still love bodybuilding. Some of those powerlifters are psycho too man.

Last edited:
TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Tha Hall of Fame is right aside of York Barbell right?

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
There is actually 2 buildings on their lot. The hall of fame is in the same building as their gym,store, and auditorium. The hall of fame was so cool too. It was small but so awesome man. Got to see a ton of pics of all the old timers bustin their balls with rusty old weights, and them covered in sweat and chalk. Very cool man. Makes you want to start lifting on the spot. BTW their is another one at york in november that I will be at also. My same friend and the guy thats been teaching him will both be competing. So I got to be there to see who does better.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Get me a date and time and if I'm not dead by then I'll be there. :)

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ok it is the weekend November 11-13. Mens is usually on sunday(13th) I will find out for sure though which day is the mens and let you know. It starts at 9am and goes til 6 pm. Events are over before that but then they give out awards and stuff. Check out www.yorkbarbell.com for info if needed like addresses and such.