best athlete so far this century?

davisville64

Awards
My vote goes for Ronnie Coleman. No one has one an olympia but him.

Other choices might be lance armstrong, peyton manning, barry bonds, etc.

Who do you think?

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Are you asking for the past 5 years or the entire 20th century as well? haney, arnold, ronnie, yates all good choices for bodybuilders if measuring by shere title wins. Toss up really. But if you're asking about best athlete of the 21st century, you have the two covered. Lance and Bonds. My vote for the 20th century would be ....
too many.
Sage

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Bo Jackson.. when healthy this man was astonishing...

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Bingo. The greatest..period. Anyone that never worked out and could run a 4.15 at 235lbs and do all of the freaky **** he did is just amazing.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
This should be moved to the Sports Section

I do consider bodybuilding to be a sport, but I don't consider bodybuilders to be athletes...does that any make sense? :lol:

Its tough..I'll list by sport (current athletes)

Baseball- Bonds,Arod or Tejada
Basketball- Shaq or Lebron
Football- Brady or Ray Lewis
Golf- Woods
Cycling-Armstrong

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
if just for the past 5 years i would have to vote for either Bonds or Pujols (from all star break to all star break Pujols led the NL in hr's rbis and ba)

i think lance armstrong deserves some credit as does michael schumacher (if you consider him an athlete)

davisville64

Awards
Are you asking for the past 5 years or the entire 20th century as well? haney, arnold, ronnie, yates all good choices for bodybuilders if measuring by shere title wins. Toss up really. But if you're asking about best athlete of the 21st century, you have the two covered. Lance and Bonds. My vote for the 20th century would be ....
too many.
Sage
I meant for the past 5 years.

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
Armstrong for sure. The guy is freakin superman!

Yjyankee

More Cowbell
Awards
  • Established
yeah, props to Armstrong.. Dude totally dominates that sport..

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Definitely the best pure athlete when it came to athletic ability. His ability would be freakish by today's standards. Best athlete ever is Joe Montana but I'm biased :D

BTW, I wouldn't really compare athletes who play on team sports vs. athletes who play individual sports. Individual sport athletes only have themselves to rely on where team sport athletes may have to carry a bunch of other teammates and take on a bigger leadership role.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Lance, Shaq, Jordan, and Bo Jackson. Those are irreplaceable.

However, I am only 21 and don't really know too much about sports wayyyy back in the day.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Lance, Shaq, Jordan, and Bo Jackson. Those are irreplaceable.

However, I am only 21 and don't really know too much about sports wayyyy back in the day.

Son, and I feel I can say this since you are about the same age as my son, when you make a statement like that you are FAR older than your years. IF this isn't just a one time fluke ;) then you have a nice future ahead of you.

IMO lance armstrong

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
last 5 years ............Lance Armstrong,,,that dude is sick with his

Rictor33

Awards
  • Established
lance, bonds, pujols, lebron, shaq, p.manning, ladainian tomlinson, jamal lewis I really can't name em all without forgetting a ton....

Rictor33

Awards
  • Established
really too much criteria to pick a select group. If were talking athletic ability only you'd include people like bo knows hip problems, neon dickhead sanders, barry sanders, jim thorpe, carl lewis, randy moss, micheal jordan, lebron etc etc

Y2Jversion1

Y2Jversion1

Board Supporter
Awards
Pudz (Mariuz Pudzianowski - World's strongest man 3 consecutive years)

Not your typical athelete, but the best for me!