Gaming device recommendations

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey all, I know absolutely nothing about gaming and we want to get our kids a system for Christmas but have no idea where to start. 2 daughters, 7 and 10. Can I get some ideas and recommendations from you so we can get ahead of the more popular choices before they sell out for the season?

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Get a PS4 or XBox 1. These are the best systems you can get. I personally prefer the PS4

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Xbox one S or X has Dolby vision 4k support, as well as the ability to play UHD BluRays, so it is the better overall entertainment center.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks, the Xbox 1 is one that I have been reading a lot about. Also, thinking about the Wii U since my kids are younger.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Personally, I'm a big fan of PS4, but for that age range I'd probably say check out the Nintendo Switch. I have friends with younger kids that really enjoy the games that come with Nintendo.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Look for the games you think they’re gonna want to play, and see which system has the most of them. Girls, especially ones that age, absolutely will not care about system specs or any of that nonsense.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
For young girls, I would definitely look into the Wii and/or Switch. Xbox and PlayStation both have some good kids games, but I think are definitely more geared to older people with more technical games. But, it would be nice to have something you could enjoy if you are into that at all or think you might be.

I bought an Xbox last Christmas because they were so cheap and wanted to be able to play with all my friends, but I played it for maybe 2 months and that is all.. so now wishing I got a PS4 for the new Spiderman game. Lol

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
For young girls, I would definitely look into the Wii and/or Switch. Xbox and PlayStation both have some good kids games, but I think are definitely more geared to older people with more technical games. But, it would be nice to have something you could enjoy if you are into that at all or think you might be.

I bought an Xbox last Christmas because they were so cheap and wanted to be able to play with all my friends, but I played it for maybe 2 months and that is all.. so now wishing I got a PS4 for the new Spiderman game. Lol
There will probably be some big sales coming up soon. Doesn't hurt to have both!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
And like said above. Girls that age will like the Wii or switch better.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm already thinking about it.. along with a new tv, sound system, etc.. Lol
Do it. It's been out for a while, plus with Black Friday/Cyber Monday, it should get fairly reasonable.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Just bought a seccond switch so my kids don't fight over it.