LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
https://youtu.be/Fp0BScQSSvg

No better way to get some attention and sell some albums. MGK is back on the map with his latest attacks and clap backs.

In my opinion these battles are good for rap.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thought it was fire. I am excited to see what Eminem comes back with.
For sure man. I thought it was quite creative and shocked me a bit. I moved to Ohio 10 years ago and people here have a special love for MGK that I never really understood. But I definitely have more respect for him now.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I love some mgk, but going after Eminem is a foolish idea

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For sure but just like Eminem states attacking back is pointless for him. Sure it will get mgk a bunch of publicity but Eminem doesn't need any more he's already the man. I definitely feel this was great for the revival of real rap as all the new **** is complete garbage and my boy out here in Cleveland did come up with some clever bars. :D

Imsaint

Imsaint

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Eminem pretty much demolished everyone in hip hop and rap right now in the first 30 seconds of the first song on that album lol he doesn’t need to say anymore.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Eminem pretty much demolished everyone in hip hop and rap right now in the first 30 seconds of the first song on that album lol he doesn’t need to say anymore.
No doubt brother. The first time I listened to ringer I didn't quite pick up on all the references because in true em fashion it's hard as fuçķ to even grasp what he is saying. After about my third time listening to it I couldn't say anything but DAMN.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
To be honest my early years were spoiled with Pac and biggie then came Jay Z, NAS followed by Eminem. Damn were we some lucky mofos to grow up during the real days of hip hop.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
it was such a trash diss....half of it was praising him, the other half was some generic bars

mgk was probably so happy when Eminem attacked him because he can get his 15 minutes of fame since he's no one in the music world

on a side note...g-eazy dissed him, the line about opening for fall out boy was great

Whey

Whey

Awards
  • Established
it was such a trash diss....half of it was praising him, the other half was some generic bars

mgk was probably so happy when Eminem attacked him because he can get his 15 minutes of fame since he's no one in the music world

on a side note...g-eazy dissed him, the line about opening for fall out boy was great
Probably? :laugh:

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I read the lyrics to ringer and his lyrics are pure genius. Apparently some rainbow haired fruit loop named 6ix9ine attempted a diss back at Eminem and failed miserably. Eminem is dissing mumble rap. That’s what rap is these days. It’s just gibberish with no meaning. Eminem has a YouTube video telling you what can no longer be rhymed anymore its pretty funny

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mozzy vs CML is a my current favorite beef.
I like actual gangsta rap. People with actual street experience.
Eminem is the best rapper in the world. But he's not a gangster.
He's a millionaire with a gift for rhyme.
MGK is good too......but he's definitely not from a hood that's killing people.
MGK is basically justin Beeber with a paint job.
Gangster rap died with Pac, mozzy brought it back from the dead.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Eminem vs everlast diss songs are good too......again neither are actually going to get down with anybody.
They have body guards for that.

Imsaint

Imsaint

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To be honest my early years were spoiled with Pac and biggie then came Jay Z, NAS followed by Eminem. Damn were we some lucky mofos to grow up during the real days of hip hop.
Amen haha

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For sure man. I thought it was quite creative and shocked me a bit. I moved to Ohio 10 years ago and people here have a special love for MGK that I never really understood. But I definitely have more respect for him now.
MGK is the "bad guy" in this beef though, just for the way it all started. A while back he said Eminem's 16 year old daughter was hot. MGK was 21 at the time, that's not cool, and is technically in the illegal territory if he were to hypothetically act on said comments. So not only is Eminem regarded as historically the much, much, much better rapper (especially in regards to dis tracks), but he actually somehow has the "moral high ground" if you can call it that. And despite what MGK said, Eminem didn't mention him exclusively because of his old comments about his daughter, but because of some subtle (I think?) shots at Eminem he made on a song with Tech N9ne (who I know worked with Eminem on a big song and is a big fan of his, so I'm not sure what's up with that) recently.
This. It almost never ended well for the people that did it, especially when Eminem is on his game, which he seems to be again after maybe not being on it for a little while.
I read the lyrics to ringer and his lyrics are pure genius. Apparently some rainbow haired fruit loop named 6ix9ine attempted a diss back at Eminem and failed miserably. Eminem is dissing mumble rap. That’s what rap is these days. It’s just gibberish with no meaning. Eminem has a YouTube video telling you what can no longer be rhymed anymore its pretty funny
Isn't that twat a legit pedophile (I recall reading that he slept with an underage girl at the very least)?

What is this world coming to? Eminem is the "good guy" in not one, but two beefs at the same time?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also, upon further analysis, naming the song “Rap Devil” as a play on Eminem’s “Rap God” isn’t as clever as he thinks it is. God is omnipotent, and has condemned the Devil to hell, and is fated to destroy him in the future. Also, God is worshiped and revered, while the Devil is almost exclusively reviled and hated. Not exactly the best analogy to start a beef with IMO.

MGK probably should have made some play on Nietzsche’s famous “God is Dead” instead.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I agree.

The **** was weak as ****.

Half of his diss was schoolyard BS. "Hur hur, I'm taller than you, bitch"; "my stage name is hardcore and yours is a candy"; "you're 46 and have a weird beard"

Sick diss.

Then he said some dumb **** about how he made it without Dre (unlike Em) as if his success isn't reliant on ****ing Puff. Plus, Slim Shady EP was released before Dre.

I guess I'm just spoiled by real diss tracks like "No Vaseline", "Real Mothaphuccin G's", "Hit 'Em Up", "Quitter", etc.

G-Eazy dropped a decent one on MGK, though. I heard it earlier today.

Full disclosure: I didn't know who either of these dudes (MGK or G) were until this week, but my wife told me that MGK rapped in that terrible song with that girl from 5th Harmony.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also, did MGK actually say that Em dropped a whole album just to diss him (MGK)? Just lol. Dude said like 4 lines about him, he wasn't even important enough for a whole verse (but that R. Kelly line was genius).

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also, did MGK actually say that Em dropped a whole album just to diss him (MGK)? Just lol. Dude said like 4 lines about him, he wasn't even important enough for a whole verse (but that R. Kelly line was genius).
Yeah, that whole claim was all sorts of off-base. MGK sort of went at Em much more recently than 6 years ago, and Eminem called out way more than just MGK, and that was only one song. Kamikaze is probably the closest thing to Eminem's return to form we'll see. Even people who don't enjoy his whole persona anymore, or think it's sort of overdone or unnecessary from a forty-something year-old with a ton of awards and money, have to admit his skills as a rapper are undoubtedly still there.
I agree.

The **** was weak as ****.

Half of his diss was schoolyard BS. "Hur hur, I'm taller than you, bitch"; "my stage name is hardcore and yours is a candy"; "you're 46 and have a weird beard"

Sick diss.

Then he said some dumb **** about how he made it without Dre (unlike Em) as if his success isn't reliant on ****ing Puff. Plus, Slim Shady EP was released before Dre.

I guess I'm just spoiled by real diss tracks like "No Vaseline", "Real Mothaphuccin G's", "Hit 'Em Up", "Quitter", etc.

G-Eazy dropped a decent one on MGK, though. I heard it earlier today.

Full disclosure: I didn't know who either of these dudes (MGK or G) were until this week, but my wife told me that MGK rapped in that terrible song with that girl from 5th Harmony.
I get what MGK is trying to do, going after a big name to get some publicity. He's trying to do what Eminem did to get famous; MGK has admitted he was inspired by Eminem, right? But Eminem proved he has the ability to really excel at diss tracks, and he went more at random celebrities and cultural icons who almost certainly couldn't respond to him at nearly the same level, but MGK went after someone who is almost universally considered as being much more skilled at this sort of thing than he is. Will it get him some short-term PR? Probably. But will it end up hurting his career and reputation in the long run? We will see.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well you have 2 schools here... Those Em fans from back in the day when lyricists reigned supreme... And then what is current.

I listened to Ems new album it sucks. The first song hits pretty good and he chops up some lyrical machete **** pretty much saying anyone who steps to him will get the biz. But after that the whole album sucks. Theres one song about how he failed d12 but even that hes outta touch. Talking about they fell off bc he was a bad leader. They fell off bc they werent that great and the best guy Proof (ems hype man) got killed. My main issue with him even putting MGK in this album is it happened in 2012. It took you 6 years to come up w a one liner for something that happened that long ago? Why even do it unless you're intentionally picking a battle with someone whose relevant today.

So while people can say oh MGK was lucky Em gave him 15 min... I dont think so. As someone who came up in the lyrical era all the way back to nwa the game has changed and old school hates it. Mumble rappers are king today and honestly MGK ate his fn lunch. Now I'm sure Em wont take it laying down and the one line may have been all he needed to get MGK hooked in and set up for a slaughter. But as it stands MGK diss track was creative and rubbed Ems face in it while still paying him due respect for what hes done. That takes some skill to murder someone while giving them there dues. The dude said it in his track I'm hungry em you already full. Now I'm curious to see how this all plays out.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well you have 2 schools here... Those Em fans from back in the day when lyricists reigned supreme... And then what is current.

I listened to Ems new album it sucks. The first song hits pretty good and he chops up some lyrical machete **** pretty much saying anyone who steps to him will get the biz. But after that the whole album sucks. Theres one song about how he failed d12 but even that hes outta touch. Talking about they fell off bc he was a bad leader. They fell iff bc they werent that great and the best guy proof (ems hype man) got killed. My main issue with him even putting MGK in this album is it happened in 2012. It took you 6 years to come up w a one liner for something that happened that long ago? Why even do it unless you're intentionally picking a battle with someone whose relevant today.

So while people can see oh MGK was lucky Em gave him 15 min... I dont think so. As someone who came up in the lyrical era all the way back to nwa the game has changed and old school hates it. Mumble rappers are king today and honestly MGK ate his fn lunch. Now I'm sure Em wont take it laying down and the one line may have been all he needed to get MGK hooked in and set up for a slaughter. But as it stands MGK diss track was creative and rubbed Ems face in it while still paying him due respect for what hes done. That takes some skill to murder someone while giving them there dues. The dude said it in his track I'm hungry em you already full. Now I'm curious to see how this all plays out.
I'm not the biggest fan of a lot of Em's newer stuff, but he had some quality tracks on this new album, like The Ringer.

Also, I'm fairly certain that Em didn't just dig up the issue with his daughter from 6 years ago. I read that MGK took some (small?) shots at Em on a track with Tech N9ne, which seems strange to me, since Tech worked with Em on Speedom, which was a huge song for Tech, and he's said he really respects Em), so this was Em just getting a little dig back at him in a song/album where he goes at a bunch of people.

The thing about Em, that even people who don't like his new stuff will admit, is that even if he lacks the same appeal and unique creativity, the same authenticity as he used to have, he still has some technical rap skills that are elite level; way above the technical abilities of MGK. I recently heard multiple people say that if rap was an Olympic sport, Eminem would still be a gold medalist due to his ability to spit and rhyme, but the actual content of his tracks may not be what it once was. That said, we'll see what he comes up with next, as he's been a historically good diss-track rapper, and maybe he just needed a real reason to get back into it and come out with a solid return to form. MGK's rap at Em may have had a few good digs in it, but it was certainly not technically elite/great. We know Em's response will be technically great, and if he can go back in time and pull out some lyrics/disses like he used to have, it'll be a slaughter.

Also, regarding the whole "hungry vs full" thing, remember what Arnold said:

"The wolf climbing the hill is hungrier than the wolf on the top the hill."

Arnold: "yeah, but if the wolf wants the food, it's there"

Em hasn't had a real reason to want it, but maybe now he does.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also, upon further analysis, naming the song “Rap Devil” as a play on Eminem’s “Rap God” isn’t as clever as he thinks it is. God is omnipotent, and has condemned the Devil to hell, and is fated to destroy him in the future. Also, God is worshiped and revered, while the Devil is almost exclusively reviled and hated. Not exactly the best analogy to start a beef with IMO.

MGK probably should have made some play on Nietzsche’s famous “God is Dead” instead.
WORD.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm not the biggest fan of a lot of Em's newer stuff, but he had some quality tracks on this new album, like The Ringer.

Also, I'm fairly certain that Em didn't just dig up the issue with his daughter from 6 years ago. I read that MGK took some (small?) shots at Em on a track with Tech N9ne, which seems strange to me, since Tech worked with Em on Speedom, which was a huge song for Tech, and he's said he really respects Em), so this was Em just getting a little dig back at him in a song/album where he goes at a bunch of people.

The thing about Em, that even people who don't like his new stuff will admit, is that even if he lacks the same appeal and unique creativity, the same authenticity as he used to have, he still has some technical rap skills that are elite level; way above the technical abilities of MGK. I recently heard multiple people say that if rap was an Olympic sport, Eminem would still be a gold medalist due to his ability to spit and rhyme, but the actual content of his tracks may not be what it once was. That said, we'll see what he comes up with next, as he's been a historically good diss-track rapper, and maybe he just needed a real reason to get back into it and come out with a solid return to form. MGK's rap at Em may have had a few good digs in it, but it was certainly not technically elite/great. We know Em's response will be technically great, and if he can go back in time and pull out some lyrics/disses like he used to have, it'll be a slaughter.

Also, regarding the whole "hungry vs full" thing, remember what Arnold said:

"The wolf climbing the hill is hungrier than the wolf on the top the hill."

Arnold: "yeah, but if the wolf wants the food, it's there"

Em hasn't had a real reason to want it, but maybe now he does.
Oh for sure lyrically em is one of the greatest.... It's a different time tho. Kids these days dont care about lyrics... half of the s*** that's hot out there right now you can't even understand what the f*** they're saying. But that's what it is right now that's what's hot that's what the young people like. I encourage anyone who's never really listened to it check it out. You got to change with the times man.

But no way do I think this guy can beat em in a lyrical rap battle. That's how Eminem came up chewing people up in that type of atmosphere. My point was as it stands right now MGK lands the first shot. I think Em will respond. Sometimes these guys come back with some fire sometimes it's whack so time will tell. I do think it comes down to how hungry you are and how much fires is in your belly whether you can chew somebody up or not in anything... whether it's fighting rapping whatever.

Look at Tyson one of the best fighters of all time lost his fire and couldn't win a fight to save his ass.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh for sure lyrically em is one of the greatest.... It's a different time tho. Kids these days dont care about lyrics... half of the s*** that's hot out there right now you can't even understand what the f*** they're saying. But that's what it is right now that's what's hot that's what the young people like. I encourage anyone who's never really listened to it check it out. You got to change with the times man.

But no way do I think this guy can beat em in a lyrical rap battle. That's how Eminem came up chewing people up in that type of atmosphere. My point was as it stands right now MGK lands the first shot. I think Em will respond. Sometimes these guys come back with some fire sometimes it's whack so time will tell. I do think it comes down to how hungry you are and how much fires is in your belly whether you can chew somebody up or not in anything... whether it's fighting rapping whatever.

Look at Tyson one of the best fighters of all time lost his fire and couldn't win a fight to save his ass.
I’m pretty sure they confirmed that Em is already in the studio working on a comeback. It’ll be interesting to see how good Eminem’s response is. It’s almost certain it’ll be technically leagues above MGK’s, so we just have to see if the message/content/insults are up to his old level.

I know, most of today’s rap has literally zero substance. Like you said, you can’t understand half of what they say, and the other half is about nothing, and everyone sounds the same. It’s almost like he rappers themselves are just part of the beat now, and the entire song is just a beat, not a song.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's Mozzy dissing the current rap situation and the promoters of it a year ago

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
I'd kill for some Late 90s, early 00s EM kinda response...not a fan of his new style of yelling and quick flows, trying to rhyme every syllable in a bar type raps.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd kill for some Late 90s, early 00s EM kinda response...not a fan of his new style of yelling and quick flows, trying to rhyme every syllable in a bar type raps.
Old school em like infinite is where it's at. Absolutely loved him back then bro.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
https://youtu.be/Fp0BScQSSvg

No better way to get some attention and sell some albums. MGK is back on the map with his latest attacks and clap backs.

In my opinion these battles are good for rap.
That mgk diss was fire. I personally can't stand either one of them. Mgk has crazy energy and his performances are turnt, and I can see myself listening to songs like wild boy remix when I'm working out. Em used to be rediculous. All the freestyles before he was signed and his slim shady lp, marshal Mathers lp are IMO close to classic, but man I feel like content wise they are both trash currently.... I just can't relate and feel like it's corny. I'm from NY and my background is different so maybe that's my disconnect, but I feel like Joe Budden was dead on with almost everything he said.

I think on a technical level em is just inhuman. Absolutely unreal and more talented than almost everyone, but the divide for me comes with content. Content is the difference between a Tupac and biggie, biggie was wayyyy better musically, flowed better, more intricate rhyme schemes etc. But pac touched a nerve when he spoke, it was powerful.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think lyrically tupac was equal to biggie but on a gangster level biggie couldn't touch Tupac. The west coast invented gangster rap ,rappers from the east coast couldn't quite do it the same. When Tupac put out hit em up.....peoples jaws dropped.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fast forward 2018 there's bloods in Harlem lol

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think lyrically tupac was equal to biggie but on a gangster level biggie couldn't touch Tupac. The west coast invented gangster rap ,rappers from the east coast couldn't quite do it the same. When Tupac put out hit em up.....peoples jaws dropped.
I'm sorry man..... The west coast did not invent gangster rap...
Schooly d - Philly
Kool g rap - queens
And to top it all off pac is from harlem...

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm sorry man..... The west coast did not invent gangster rap...
Schooly d - Philly
Kool g rap - queens
And to top it all off pac is from harlem...
Thats not gangster rap.
NWA was the first or maybe ICE T 6 in the morning

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
"That shyt is okay for MGK" - eminem on sway

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just the truth. NWA scared people. Before that it was just name calling and storytelling.
NY is the birthplace of rap. Not gangster rap. HUGE difference.
We can agree to disagree.... What did you think about the mgk diss?

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
"That shyt is okay for MGK" - eminem on sway
Lol mgk said alot about Eminem that people have been thinking for years. The sweatsuits, those hats, him holding people back. He did his thing no matter what, but I don't think em will respond. I think we all know em is an alien with rap beef

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lol mgk said alot about Eminem that people have been thinking for years. The sweatsuits, those hate, him holding people back. He did his thing no matter what, but I don't think em will respond. I think we all know em is an alien with rap beef
Haha he def did

Greatest > rap devil still imo .. still nice better then anyone has said about em

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha he def did

Greatest > rap devil still imo .. still nice better then anyone has said about em
It was catchy. I just watched the clip where he pretty much says MGK isn't even considered one of the good rappers. Lol

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol mgk said alot about Eminem that people have been thinking for years. The sweatsuits, those hats, him holding people back. He did his thing no matter what, but I don't think em will respond. I think we all know em is an alien with rap beef
Didn't a Shady Records producer already say that a response is in the works? If that's true, then it looks like he will respond.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Idk maybe. That would be great. I just hope he doesn't disappoint

On another note this video was pretty dope...

https://youtu.be/mvSItvjFE1c
Here’s the full quote:
"Right now, he in there working. We doing something else right now, but trust me, we’ll get to it. I’ll tell you this, I wouldn’t wanna be [Machine Gun Kelly]," he contested. "It’s great that you took that opportunity and did that, hey, kudos to you, good for you. The one thing that I’m worried about, you remember when Thanos threw that whole planet at Iron Man?"
He can’t have someone working for his label/whatever say something this bold and then not deliver anything. I don’t know if it’ll be vintage Shady diss-track level, but I’m confident it’ll be better than Rap Devil (unquestionably in regards to technical skill, and probably in content I’d hope).

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It was catchy. I just watched the clip where he pretty much says MGK isn't even considered one of the good rappers. Lol
hahaa EM's hilarious love the interview

love how him and sway broke it down.