Alcohol

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    Yes, it's up to the individual, and AA doesn't assure anything, or work for everyone. I'm only saying that it CAN help SOME PEOPLE, as having more resources and access to some people who actually have managed to stay clean for decades can help some people. It didn't work for you, that's fine, but that doesn't mean it doesn't work for anyone. Same with your asinine comments about kratom; it is 100% addicting for some people. Your anecdote doesn't speak for all people or make the definitive rule man.
    Yea AA can work for some people. Don't knock it till you try it!

2. Quote Originally Posted by Bintherduntht View Post
    I guess it works for some and not for others. To each their own?

No worries here man just really wanting to help OP and if he doesn't want to take certain advice he won't! He probably didn't even listen to me lol.

Again just trying to help. I've struggled with addiction for 10 years, not fun.

I honestly never get addicted to K though... No cravings no withdrawal.

The way your supposed to take it, once or twice a week
    Yep, to each his own. No hard feelings; we’re all here trying to help. I’m glad you can use kratom effectively and without problems! It is good stuff when used responsibly.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com
    •   

3. Again all my advice is from life experience and not reading about it.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Bintherduntht View Post
    Again all my advice is from life experience and not reading about it.
    Yeah, I get that' I'm just saying (suggesting?) that just because something works/is a certain way for you or in your experience doesn't mean that it is always this way for everyone, so perhaps it'd be wise to say that it's your experience or what works for you, not masquerading your experience as fact or absolute truth.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

5. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    Yeah, I get that' I'm just saying (suggesting?) that just because something works/is a certain way for you or in your experience doesn't mean that it is always this way for everyone, so perhaps it'd be wise to say that it's your experience or what works for you, not masquerading your experience as fact or absolute truth.
    Yes I agree! I was just going to say just because these things worked/didn't work for me, doesn't ring true for someone else.

I think in the end we all have different ways of dealing with things, and different compounds affect us differently.

That's why I don't believe everything I read, I would rather try it hands on! A lot of studies are done being payed for by the company that wants to sell the products, so take what you read with a grain of salt.

By "you" I mean everyone.

I see how I may have come across too aggressive or negative!

A lot of good advice is in these forums, the OPs will see all our replies and hopefully come to the right conclusion, which sometimes takes some debating.

Too long didn't read!!! Lol
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by christ83189 View Post
    Bs dude i took kratom to get off opiates and was hooked worse on that sh1t than anything else and the withdrawals were just as bad if not worse than opiates. The withdrawals lasted a month and i didnt sleep AT ALL for 2 weeks
    Damn I'm sorry brother.

I should have said it worked for me.

You can lessen side effects by taking it 1-2 times a week.

I'm sorry again you went through those withdrawals!

7. Quote Originally Posted by christ83189 View Post
    Thanks for the apology. I appreciate that. I never said it was gospel. And i understand that some people can do it and have no issues but im not gonna stay quiet about how it treated me bc of that. I know that its not normal how it treated me but im not the first nor will i be the last. But it was someone telling me about it exactly how @Bintherduntht was talking about it that got me to try it and it was one of the worst things that ever happened to me. I know other people like it and thats up to them but i dont care what anyone says im going to tell people my experience when i see other suggesting it for stuff like this bc who knows that person could end up exactly like me. I know if it wasnt for my wife and kids i probably wouldve just killed myself instead of keep trying bc i didnt have any hope. Thats why i approach it the way i do. If it offends anyone, oh well. K ive said enough. Back to your scheduled programming
    Dude, my LAST intention is to cause hurt to anyone.

1-2 times a week shouldn't cause issues imho!

Never wanted to hurt you or give bad advice

8. Quote Originally Posted by Brenwad View Post
    Yet you advocate Kratom, a super adductive drug!
    It's not addictive for me...

I don't crave it or withdraw because I use it sparingly which I believe your supposed to.

It helped me a lot, great preworkout(strength, focus)

Good for anxiety and calming. I Just use in moderation

9. Really though you guys, I would never give advice that I thought would cause harm.

10. I believe you bro. You seem like a great person.

11. almost 22 years sobriety....I was diagnosed as alcoholic in my late 20's and I will be 60 next month....I tried to quit many times only to go back to my 'true love' that was there for me in good times and bad.

1. find GOD...there are very few people who are truly addicted that have as many years sobriety as I do, I feel truly blessed to be among those few!!!

2. find someone who is hardcore and not going to let you talk shyt to them...for me it was an old black man named willie who had spent most of his life in prison and when he got out was a rehab counselor at the VA drug and alcohol rehab. willie became my sponsor after rehab, and eventually a very close friend who I could tell anything to---I was a pallbearer at willie's funeral a few years ago...RIP willie!!!

those were some dark years in my life, today I have no desire to drink and go back to that place!!!
    ICONIC FORMULATIONS REPRESENTATIVE

use code THEBIGT for 25% off

12. Very well said man! I'm sorry to hear about your friend passing. Who will always live in your heart and he is in a better place. God bless you man!

13. Quote Originally Posted by Bintherduntht View Post
    Really though you guys, I would never give advice that I thought would cause harm.
    Not trying to blow smoke up your a$$, but I really believe this. I know you've rubbed a few the wrong way here, but I think you've always had the best intentions.

Carry on.
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

14. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    Not trying to blow smoke up your a$$, but I really believe this. I know you've rubbed a few the wrong way here, but I think you've always had the best intentions.

Carry on.
    Thank you sir. I appreciate that

15. Quote Originally Posted by Delboss731 View Post
    I believe you bro. You seem like a great person.
    Thanks brother. We all have greatness!

16. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post

Carry on.
    I realized I can rub people the wrong way! But yes my intentions are good.

I need to work on HOW I say it

17. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    almost 22 years sobriety....I was diagnosed as alcoholic in my late 20's and I will be 60 next month....I tried to quit many times only to go back to my 'true love' that was there for me in good times and bad.

1. find GOD...there are very few people who are truly addicted that have as many years sobriety as I do, I feel truly blessed to be among those few!!!

2. find someone who is hardcore and not going to let you talk shyt to them...for me it was an old black man named willie who had spent most of his life in prison and when he got out was a rehab counselor at the VA drug and alcohol rehab. willie became my sponsor after rehab, and eventually a very close friend who I could tell anything to---I was a pallbearer at willie's funeral a few years ago...RIP willie!!!

those were some dark years in my life, today I have no desire to drink and go back to that place!!!
    Finding a higher power is definitely a good step in the right direction

18. 15 days sober. It's starting to get more challenging.

19. Quote Originally Posted by Delboss731 View Post
    15 days sober. It's starting to get more challenging.
    You got this bro. Its hard but its worth it in my opinion. Ive never been happier since getting sober. And i mean off of everything sober

20. Thank you man for the support. Trying my best. The kudzu root has 100% helped. Still have cravings here and there but nothing as bad as it used to be.

21. The longer you go the thing you need to look out for is complacency. When you think you're good and you dont got to worry about it so much is when you trick yourself into thinking it would be a good idea to just go have a couple drinks. Just remember. It never is

22. I know man. It's so challenging. It's been a part of my life for ever. Almost 33% of it. Doing my best to learn a new path and lifestyle. Training harder and focusing more on goals.

23. Quote Originally Posted by Delboss731 View Post
    I know man. It's so challenging. It's been a part of my life for ever. Almost 33% of it. Doing my best to learn a new path and lifestyle. Training harder and focusing more on goals.
    Yeah same thing for me. I quit drinking when i was 22 and never started again and that was after drinking daily for probably 5-6 years. Well almost daily anyways. Drinking was never my main thing though which was probably why i didnt struggle quitting very much. The one i struggled with was opiates and it took years and years of trying to quit. The few times i made it past a week i could never get past a couple months. Only was able to get past withdrawals a couple times and finally just this last year have been able to hold onto sobriety. Best thing i ever did for my life and my wife and kids

24. So awesome to hear man. So happy for you and your family! Blessings!

25. Quote Originally Posted by christ83189 View Post
    Yeah same thing for me. I quit drinking when i was 22 and never started again and that was after drinking daily for probably 5-6 years. Well almost daily anyways. Drinking was never my main thing though which was probably why i didnt struggle quitting very much. The one i struggled with was opiates and it took years and years of trying to quit. The few times i made it past a week i could never get past a couple months. Only was able to get past withdrawals a couple times and finally just this last year have been able to hold onto sobriety. Best thing i ever did for my life and my wife and kids
    Absolutely agree, best thing i ever did. My life is better literally in every way since i stopped.

Weirdly i found the coke (weed, speed and e as well) easier to kick than alcohol, it was like the drugs were hiding the fact alcohol had a massive grip on me. When they went my alcoholism was exposed and looking back it was ridiculous.

I don't really regret much in my life as i think we can learn from our mistakes and be a better person for it. I am extremely grateful i managed to find the strength to stop when i did though.
    @Delboss731 you got this bro. One day at a time. Trust it gets easier with time and you will, i promise, find the future to be a better place
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Eat any sugar alcohol lately?
    By Draven in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-29-2007, 09:33 PM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-15-2003, 07:56 AM
  3. alcohol and UA
    By dr.mattdogg in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-06-2003, 05:10 PM