Alcohol

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Delboss731 View Post
    Thank you guys all so much for all the responses. l am glad I can have people to support me. Bought some kudzu root and took it for the first time today. Will continue to take everyday for possibly forever as long as it can aid in my quitting alcohol. I know it will take time and a lot of mental strength but I will do it. I have no choice. Otherwise it will be to late. Thank you all again.
    Kratom will help.


  2. Check in to a detox to get off the alcohol safely. Afterwards find AA meetings in your area. Get connected and the rest will follow. I was an addict/alcoholic for 15 years I am recently 6 years sober. It works
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by wfreiling View Post
    Check in to a detox to get off the alcohol safely. Afterwards find AA meetings in your area. Get connected and the rest will follow. I was an addict/alcoholic for 15 years I am recently 6 years sober. It works
    AA is not very helping. All they do is talk about using drugs. It actually gets into the back of your head and makes you crave them more

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Bintherduntht View Post
    AA is not very helping. All they do is talk about using drugs. It actually gets into the back of your head and makes you crave them more
    Yet you advocate Kratom, a super adductive drug!

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Bintherduntht View Post
    No Kratom is proven to HELP with addiction. It helped me get off alcohol. People use it to get off other stuff, it's not addicting.

    I would absolutely recommend it.

    I have been taking it for years, not one side effect.
    Bs dude i took kratom to get off opiates and was hooked worse on that sh1t than anything else and the withdrawals were just as bad if not worse than opiates. The withdrawals lasted a month and i didnt sleep AT ALL for 2 weeks
    •   
       


  6. OP do not take kratom. It was worse for me than opiates. It got to the point for me that i would take it before bed so the withdrawals didnt kick in in the middle of the night and i would still wake up in the middle of the night going through withdrawals and need to take more. That sh1t is bad. Some people can take it moderately and not get hooked. But if you're having problems with drinking i wouldnt risk it bc most likely you wont be one of the people that can take it moderately. Just my 2 cents take it or leave it.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by christ83189 View Post
    OP do not take kratom. It was worse for me than opiates. It got to the point for me that i would take it before bed so the withdrawals didnt kick in in the middle of the night and i would still wake up in the middle of the night going through withdrawals and need to take more. That sh1t is bad. Some people can take it moderately and not get hooked. But if you're having problems with drinking i wouldnt risk it bc most likely you wont be one of the people that can take it moderately. Just my 2 cents take it or leave it.
    This nonsense bro.... Ive withdrawn from heroin, oxycotin, methadone,and kratom. Kratom wds dont touch it. 160 mg/day Methadone was the worse never ending. If you are using the plain leaf and not a synthesized chemical there's no way the detox was worse.

    Not saying you can't withdraw from it but going around telling people it's evil don't do it is nonsense. That's for you not for everyone else. You couldn't do it.
    Anima Vestra
    Anima Vestra

    Latin

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Godstrength View Post
    This nonsense bro.... Ive withdrawn from heroin, oxycotin, methadone,and kratom. Kratom wds dont touch it. 160 mg/day Methadone was the worse never ending. If you are using the plain leaf and not a synthesized chemical there's no way the detox was worse.

    Not saying you can't withdraw from it but going around telling people it's evil don't do it is nonsense. That's for you not for everyone else. You couldn't do it.
    Ive withdrawn from all that too and im telling you for me it was just as bad if jot worse. Im sharing my experience so someone else doesnt go through it. Just because its not that bad for you doesnt mean someone else wont have the same experience as me. Dont just tell me im talking bullsh1t bc you havent experienced it. Im trying to help here

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Godstrength View Post
    This nonsense bro.... Ive withdrawn from heroin, oxycotin, methadone,and kratom. Kratom wds dont touch it. 160 mg/day Methadone was the worse never ending. If you are using the plain leaf and not a synthesized chemical there's no way the detox was worse.

    Not saying you can't withdraw from it but going around telling people it's evil don't do it is nonsense. That's for you not for everyone else. You couldn't do it.
    Im just trying to keep someone else from maybe experiencing the same as me cause it ruined my life for fcking years. Sorry im so passionate about it bc it made my life living hell. You had your experie ce. I had mine. Who knows what his would be but now he knows the possibilities

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Godstrength View Post
    This nonsense bro.... Ive withdrawn from heroin, oxycotin, methadone,and kratom. Kratom wds dont touch it. 160 mg/day Methadone was the worse never ending. If you are using the plain leaf and not a synthesized chemical there's no way the detox was worse.

    Not saying you can't withdraw from it but going around telling people it's evil don't do it is nonsense. That's for you not for everyone else. You couldn't do it.
    And im getting real sick and tired of people telling me its "nonsense" or "not possible" on here every time i tell my story in hopes of helping someone else avoid it. I was hooked on heroin and any other opiate i could get my hands (which is all of them) for ten years so i know what the withdrawals are like for all them. So for anyone who doesnt want to believe me, fck all y'all. Dont ever say i didnt put it out there though. Fck

  11. Not interested in taking any drugs really. Been taking kudzu root everyday for almost a week. Almost a week without alcohol! Wish me luck (:

  12. It may not be easy, but it will be worthwhile.

    A good thing to have in your arsenal is someone, best a strong male figure, who you can tell the truth to and who cares enough about your relationship that he is willing to tell you what you need to hear, rather than what you want to hear. In fact, he probably has to be willing to lose the relationship, as a result of telling you things that you don't want to hear.

    Those types of friends can be rare, especially if many of your peers have similar habits to yours (e.g., drinking). People usually hang out with people of similar interest so it can be hard to find a buddy that not only does not tell you no, but he justifies why just having one won't hurt.

    As to the extent to which you should substitute one thing for another, it seems like you are sick and tired of being sick and tired. If so, there is some merit to developing coping skills to deal with this without building a reliance on something else. That, to me, seems ideal - but we also know that things are not always ideal or that ideal may be the long term goal, but it may require some short term bridges.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by christ83189 View Post
    And im getting real sick and tired of people telling me its "nonsense" or "not possible" on here every time i tell my story in hopes of helping someone else avoid it. I was hooked on heroin and any other opiate i could get my hands (which is all of them) for ten years so i know what the withdrawals are like for all them. So for anyone who doesnt want to believe me, fck all y'all. Dont ever say i didnt put it out there though. Fck
    Okay that's your experience that's not normal bro. If he's trying to come off alcohol I would not recommend substituting kratom. However I think your situation and what you went through and what you tell everybody else because of the extreme that you took it to of does not apply to a majority of people who will take it. Saying kratom is worse than opiates is an opinion and def not gospel.

    I was a bit sharp in my Approach with you man I apologize for that. My advice to you is to consider that your an exception not the norm and to approach it that way when you tell other people instead of saying it to them like that's what will happen to them if they do it.
    Anima Vestra
    Anima Vestra

    Latin

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Delboss731 View Post
    Not interested in taking any drugs really. Been taking kudzu root everyday for almost a week. Almost a week without alcohol! Wish me luck (:
    Good for you man... In my experience it doesnt matter what the substance is bondage is bondage and being free from it feels so much better. Good luck brother
    Anima Vestra
    Anima Vestra

    Latin

  15. Thank you man. That's exactly how I feel. Appreciate the encouragement!

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Godstrength View Post
    Okay that's your experience that's not normal bro. If he's trying to come off alcohol I would not recommend substituting kratom. However I think your situation and what you went through and what you tell everybody else because of the extreme that you took it to of does not apply to a majority of people who will take it. Saying kratom is worse than opiates is an opinion and def not gospel.

    I was a bit sharp in my Approach with you man I apologize for that. My advice to you is to consider that your an exception not the norm and to approach it that way when you tell other people instead of saying it to them like that's what will happen to them if they do it.
    Thanks for the apology. I appreciate that. I never said it was gospel. And i understand that some people can do it and have no issues but im not gonna stay quiet about how it treated me bc of that. I know that its not normal how it treated me but im not the first nor will i be the last. But it was someone telling me about it exactly how @Bintherduntht was talking about it that got me to try it and it was one of the worst things that ever happened to me. I know other people like it and thats up to them but i dont care what anyone says im going to tell people my experience when i see other suggesting it for stuff like this bc who knows that person could end up exactly like me. I know if it wasnt for my wife and kids i probably wouldve just killed myself instead of keep trying bc i didnt have any hope. Thats why i approach it the way i do. If it offends anyone, oh well. K ive said enough. Back to your scheduled programming

  17. Also as someone who was an Air Force vet, athlete, and always in good health... Despite my partying in 20s and early 30s... (edit) I was dependent on them for sleep, bakc pain relief... not chasing a euphoria as I used to. Going cold-turkey is not always advisable, as benzos/opiates and stronger downers can lead to grand-mal seizure...
    As had happened to me, waking up in the ER four weeks ago. While will power is required, cold turkey may not be best depending on what you were on.

    And has someone who has tried everything under the sun, I do not recommend kratom or marijuana as substitute addiction or dependency.

    Work with a neurologist, a chemical dependency specialist. Kasier put me on Gabapentin (GABA analog, does not accumulate in body) fixed my sleep, killed my desire for benzos to sleep.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Bintherduntht View Post
    No Kratom is proven to HELP with addiction. It helped me get off alcohol. People use it to get off other stuff, it's not addicting.

    I would absolutely recommend it.

    I have been taking it for years, not one side effect.
    It's asinine to say that kratom does not have addictive potential. It CAN help people kick some addictions, but that doesn't mean it isn't addictive itself, although it is often LESS addicting than the drugs that people are using it to get off of. I can show you a PLETHORA of studies showing that kratom does indeed have an addicitve potential, and even the respectable people who sell it here on AM (sponsors) will tell you it has this potential and should be used with caution, if at all, by people with a history of addiction. To suggest otherwise, that it has no addictive potential, is irresponsible and incorrect.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Bintherduntht View Post
    Have you ever been to AA? I did for 2 years. Half if not more people there are still drinking and on drugs. I would literally see guys show up high as a kite.

    It is up to the individual. Plain and simple.

    AA did nothing to help me. I did it myself. It's called will power
    Yes, it's up to the individual, and AA doesn't assure anything, or work for everyone. I'm only saying that it CAN help SOME PEOPLE, as having more resources and access to some people who actually have managed to stay clean for decades can help some people. It didn't work for you, that's fine, but that doesn't mean it doesn't work for anyone. Same with your asinine comments about kratom; it is 100% addicting for some people. Your anecdote doesn't speak for all people or make the definitive rule man.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Godstrength View Post
    This nonsense bro.... Ive withdrawn from heroin, oxycotin, methadone,and kratom. Kratom wds dont touch it. 160 mg/day Methadone was the worse never ending. If you are using the plain leaf and not a synthesized chemical there's no way the detox was worse.

    Not saying you can't withdraw from it but going around telling people it's evil don't do it is nonsense. That's for you not for everyone else. You couldn't do it.
    Either extreme is incorrect. I wouldn't suggest that kratom has no addictive potential (as binthere did), or that it has the most extreme addictive potential. Reality likely lies somewhere in the middle, and of course people's individual responses will vary, but we can say with certainty that kratom DOES have an addictive potential, and therefore should be used cautiously, if at all, by someone with a history of addiction.

    It's not an evil monster, but it's also not entirely benign for everyone all the time.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  21. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    Either extreme is incorrect. I wouldn't suggest that kratom has no addictive potential (as binthere did), or that it has the most extreme addictive potential. Reality likely lies somewhere in the middle, and of course people's individual responses will vary, but we can say with certainty that kratom DOES have an addictive potential, and therefore should be used cautiously, if at all, by someone with a history of addiction.

    It's not an evil monster, but it's also not entirely benign for everyone all the time.
    I totally agree man... I believe whether or not it is abused is based on the individual. There are way more addictive substances out there but at the same time it is a PARTIAL mu opioid receptor agonist so the potential for abuse IS there.
    Anima Vestra
    Anima Vestra

    Latin

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Godstrength View Post
    I totally agree man... I believe whether or not it is abused is based on the individual. There are way more addictive substances out there but at the same time it is a PARTIAL mu opioid receptor agonist so the potential for abuse is there.
    Well recovery folks seem to be super cautious about everything.. I catch flak for using ec stack since my doc was meth.. they hate on phenibut also.. and kratom.. but to me ec is no where near the same..

  23. Quote Originally Posted by D3x View Post
    Well recovery folks seem to be super cautious about everything.. I catch flak for using ec stack since my doc was meth.. they hate on phenibut also.. and kratom.. but to me ec is no where near the same..
    EC is nowhere near the same, assuming you mean ephedrine and caffeine. There’s MOUNTAINS of research on the combination.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  24. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    EC is nowhere near the same, assuming you mean ephedrine and caffeine. There’s MOUNTAINS of research on the combination.
    I didn't say it was logical..

  25. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    It's asinine to say that kratom does not have addictive potential. It CAN help people kick some addictions, but that doesn't mean it isn't addictive itself, although it is often LESS addicting than the drugs that people are using it to get off of. I can show you a PLETHORA of studies showing that kratom does indeed have an addicitve potential, and even the respectable people who sell it here on AM (sponsors) will tell you it has this potential and should be used with caution, if at all, by people with a history of addiction. To suggest otherwise, that it has no addictive potential, is irresponsible and incorrect.
    I guess it works for some and not for others. To each their own?

    No worries here man just really wanting to help OP and if he doesn't want to take certain advice he won't! He probably didn't even listen to me lol.

    Again just trying to help. I've struggled with addiction for 10 years, not fun.

    I honestly never get addicted to K though... No cravings no withdrawal.

    The way your supposed to take it, once or twice a week
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Eat any sugar alcohol lately?
    By Draven in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-29-2007, 09:33 PM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-15-2003, 07:56 AM
  3. alcohol and UA
    By dr.mattdogg in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-06-2003, 05:10 PM
  4. Marijuana & Alcohol
    By pjorstad in forum General Chat
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 02-02-2003, 05:27 PM
  5. 91% Isopropyl Alcohol
    By Rhinoman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-19-2002, 06:48 PM
Log in
Log in