GNAT INVASION!

nevergoodenough

nevergoodenough

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The past few days my apartment has been over run with gnats or fruit flys. They are annoying as hell. I swear I must have killed at least 35 today. Does anybody know a good way to get rid of them or stop them or anything. I just ordered this trap thing off the internet that is supposed to attract them and then drown them which is cool, what is causing them to be here?

WIGuy

Awards
I would venture a guess in that within a week or so, they will be pretty much all gone. I noticed a lot of insects are like that, insane amounts of them (for instance asian ladybugs) for a few days and then they dissapear. I believe this is caused by them coming out of hibernation (or whatever insects do during the winter) and/or they are out mating.

Either that or you got a garbage dumpster that needs to be emptied near your apartment. :rofl:

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
you are right about that they will come and go.. I would check the garabage also.. and it is usually mating or hatching season for some of them...

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
If you can't wait it out, just put a small spill of wine in a glass and let it sit on the sink/stove (wherever the problem is) and they will drown themselves. The little bastards love the stuff.

I have had that problem before it the wine really knocked down the population. :)

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The past few days my apartment has been over run with gnats or fruit flys. They are annoying as hell. I swear I must have killed at least 35 today. Does anybody know a good way to get rid of them or stop them or anything. I just ordered this trap thing off the internet that is supposed to attract them and then drown them which is cool, what is causing them to be here?
Heres a link for you. No need to call professionals. You can get spray or anything over the internet and do it yourself.

http://store.doyourownpestcontrol.com/cgi-bin/pestcontrol.storefront/42c7121401117d3c273f4200c14805e8/Catalog