What are you doing up all night?

James

James

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I see there are some night owl's around here. So do you guys work a night shift or just insomnia?

burnuphard

Awards
I'm watching Entourage and drinking a chocolate All The Whey shake.

Fascinating.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Eh...I was just watching Howards Sterns "It's Just Wrong" episode where dads had to try to do trivia and if the missed questions they had to strip their daughters naked. LOL...the dads were like "I'm not lookin'" but they show the replay and those fuggin' pervs are checkin' out their daughters goods. BWUAHAHA!!!! Howard Stern is a sick freak! I love 'em! lolo :rofl:

(Oh, and now it's time to pin 300mg 1-Test Cyp and 250mg of Test Enan :D)

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
This is what the painting looks like so far.
wow man, you are talented.

i watch infomercials. i'm thinking about getting that ab belt thinger magicker....... NOT!

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
That's a very, very good painting. Do you do that just for fun, a side career, or is it your source of income? If you can paint on demand like that you should look into doing book covers. I know this kid I went to school with a long time ago does that and he does fairly well for himself.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Nice work!

I'm not up as late as many of you, but I usually come here when I eat my bedtime meal, which is between 11:30-1:30, depending on the night. Actually, I come here during every meal that I eat at home.

WIGuy

Awards
Wow, that painting looks amazing. Looks like you have a great talent.

Phoenix rising

Awards
James that is a nice painting. Do you do any graphic art work ?

James

James

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
This painting is nine feet tall by nine feet wide. To sell? yes. Yes this is what I do for a living. I own a backdrop company (B&B Backdrops) I make backdrops for lots of things. Phatographers mostly.
I would like to become a full time artist in the near future. I am still new to painting but I might be looking around for an art agent pretty soon.
Thanks for the feedback. I will be posting in this thread all night(since I will be up) hehe

James

James

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I should mention, this painting is not a backdrop.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
wow man, you are talented.

i watch infomercials. i'm thinking about getting that ab belt thinger magicker....... NOT!
hmmm, so the ginsu knife cuts through my shoes......gotta have that. :hammer:

James

James

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks.
Guys feel free to rant about anything in this thread tonight. hehe

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I'm here again b/c I was just eating my cottage cheese with sugar-free Jello. MMMmmmmm

James, that painting is intersting. I'd like to see it better as I can't quite make out what is going on. Apparently their are horses descending from heaven/the sky, others are in the shadows, which gives it an eerie/sinister feel, and there appears to be a village burning in the distance. I'd love to hear what you are doing with all this, and what your ideas about art are (idea driven, aesthetics, etc.)

You obviously have the technical component down :thumbsup:

James

James

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Quote: James, that painting is intersting. I'd like to see it better as I can't quite make out what is going on. Apparently their are horses descending from heaven/the sky, others are in the shadows, which gives it an eerie/sinister feel, and there appears to be a village burning in the distance. I'd love to hear what you are doing with all this

Follow this link. http://forums.1fast400.com/?showtopic=15023
That will explain as much as I can give away at this point.

Or for just the pics, http://home.comcast.net/~guard_dog/drxpainting.htm Guard Dog put that together.

Wait for the pics to load and then scroll down. Its cool. Kind of a trip really.

Last edited:
Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Wow, James. Recording the progress of a painting is as good an idea as recording the progress of a physique. Excellent work.

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
Wow, very impressive!! You have serious talent James.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
James that a fuckin nice painting dude :thumbsup:

And yeah, sometimes I'm up late because the insomnia gets the better of me from time to time but I try to sleep at aroud 10-11pm or because I'm too entertained by CDB's avatars

James

James

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
James that a fuckin nice painting dude :thumbsup:

And yeah, sometimes I'm up late because the insomnia gets the better of me from time to time but I try to sleep at aroud 10-11pm or because I'm too entertained by CDB's avatars
Thanks for the feedback guys. I will be posting in this thread ALL NIGHT.

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
i was up late tonight and last night because after having 2 surgerys in a 3 week span i am not working..and i get to go out with friends :) yeah me

James

James

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I feel s p a c e y tonight. Day number two no sleepy. This damn painting... grrr

RedSwan78

Board Supporter
Awards
Dude, WOW, that painting is AMAZING! I REALLY like the link you posted with the progress pics of the painting, that's an *awesome* thing to follow! Wish I had the talent to create something like that!

As for being up late, yes, work a night shift. Usually go to bed anywhere between 4am and 6am, and wake up between 12:30pm and 2pm. I *try* to make it bedtime at 5, wake up at 1, but it doesn't *always* work out like that ;)

James

James

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Welcome to the am late late thread. Those links are constantly updated so you can check them any time for the latest progression.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
Yup....you definitely have talent. Most artists are slackers but yet you seem to have the drive to train hard :D

I agree that the progression link is bad ass.

IntensePump

IntensePump

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Dude, that painting is awesome.

Now all I can think about is that guy with a fro that use to paint on tv...

"Now isn't that a happy little bush. Let's put in a happy little tree here."

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
James, That is one hell of a piece of artwork man. Well done!! How long have you been into art?

As for what Im doing...playing guitar and posting on AM:)

BV

James

James

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Save the image to your computer and then upload it. LOVE it btw.

CrAzyOttER

Banned
Awards
im a waiter now so by the time i tip out and walk to my car its about 2-3 am. and i cant sleep without my daily dose of AM. oh and thats a really cool painting bro. i used to paint a few years ago. it helped my relax and lower my stress alot

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
me again. that new show stella is pretty damn stupid.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
me again. that new show stella is pretty damn stupid.
LOL, those previews had to be the worst crap ever. I knew from watching those stupid previews that the show would suck, that's what happens when Chapelle lags on season 3 LOL