Anthony Bourdain dead at 61

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Committed suicide.

I was definitely a fan of this guy, sorry to hear this.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
He was ****ed up all the time and ate and travled everywhere. Sounds like a great life. Makes no sense to me

CultiVader

CultiVader

Awards
He was ****ed up all the time and ate and travled everywhere. Sounds like a great life. Makes no sense to me
My thoughts exactly. He basically got paid to retire. And he left behind a young daughter and wife, dude literally had the world.

You can never really know what people are going thru though. I’ve had some people close to me commit suicide over the years. Never woulda seen it coming.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
He looked really worn out in the past few seasons. Obviously never looked into keeping fit.

Compare his appearance from No Reservations to the recent CNN one. quite a change in only a few years. Not for the better.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
He looked really worn out in the past few seasons. Obviously never looked into keeping fit.

Compare his appearance from No Reservations to the recent CNN one. quite a change in only a few years. Not for the better.
That's just growing old and constantly traveling. He was very active in BJJ and won gold in an IBJJF championship back in 2016.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Money and fame dosnt equal happiness I guess.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's just growing old and constantly traveling. He was very active in BJJ and won gold in an IBJJF championship back in 2016.
Still looked worn out. Muscles building/maintaining creates happy hormones. Too bad for him.

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, you do not see a suicide coming at all. What kind of angers me is how the Air Force has given us “suicide awareness and prevention training”. I feel like the only thing this does is give training to those who are planning to commit suicide the knowledge of what to do to not make it obvious they are going to do it. Since I’ve been at Misawa there has been several suicides, with no indicators at all from the friends and co workers of those around him. One several months ago was in my group. Those who are planning it will not make it known.

AF goes wing(base pretty much), group, squadron, flight.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah, you do not see a suicide coming at all. What kind of angers me is how the Air Force has given us “suicide awareness and prevention training”. I feel like the only thing this does is give training to those who are planning to commit suicide the knowledge of what to do to not make it obvious they are going to do it. Since I’ve been at Misawa there has been several suicides, with no indicators at all from the friends and co workers of those around him. One several months ago was in my group. Those who are planning it will not make it known.

AF goes wing(base pretty much), group, squadron, flight.
Military and private sector do the same thing with this. If they really wanted to take care of the issue, they'd have to admit there is a problem and that leads to very expensive solutions.