Mood disorder support group

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
Figured I’d give it a shot to start a support group for people that have, live people that have, spouses, family members etc any mood disorders it seems to help when you talk to someone that deals with as well and sometimes that’s hard to find personally my wife has severe anxiety and bi polar disorder so as I would be here in the view of a “carer” I guess which can be really freaking hard sometimes lol

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can understand. I was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. It’s always one extreme or another. I have learned many coping methods and the best one was meditation. I stopped enabling others, as well as being passive aggressive. It was too draining. Now I just focus on myself and how I can improve every day. My mood is more stabilized and anxiety only comes every so often when I am unsure of something.

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
Yea she was diagnosed by one doctor with borederline personality disaorder and then another said she wasn’t but Iv told her that her being as passive aggressive as she is not good but that still hasn’t changed she had been hospitalized three times in the past year for suicide attempts which thank god I was able to find her in time for each one but I kills me I can’t fix it and my kids don’t understand why she acts the way she does sometimes but it’s a work in progress if you don’t mind me asking what coping methods that you use and meds? We have still yet to find any that help her thanks again!!!!@puccah8808

Last edited:
RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
Man you sound like a amazing person I’m sorry you had a rough life but you came out of all that strong that’s something to be very proud of a lot of people wouldn’t be able to cope very very strong person thanks for sharing

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have OCD, panic disorder, depression, GAD, SAD unfortunately

mawalega

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
After years, about 13 years, of anti depressants and self medication. I have finally found one that works great for me. Sometimes good things take time.

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
Man that sounds really rough sorry to hear have you had it for your whole life?

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
That’s what I try to tell my wife but sometimes she doesn’t want to help her self and it sucks. What needed up working for you if you don’t mind me asking

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
I’m diagnosed with bipolar 1, adhd and GAD, each of which affect my life in different ways. I’m finally on medicine that helps me, maybe even a little over medicated as my doc and I are trying to lower doses now... but the biggest thing for your wife will be when she realizes and accepts that she needs help and she’ll have to WANT to get better for herself not because you want her too or even for her kids. It’s a very personal thing and a very personal step that you have to take. I wish her the best though

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My mother is borderline and bipolar, I'll definitely partake in this group. The interesting thing about being raised by a borderline mother (besides the fact I turned out a bit narcissistic, kind of the male equivalent of BPD), is the fact I've mainly been attracted to borderline women, mainly due to the intensity of the relationship, but also because that's what I'm used to.

mawalega

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Man that sounds really rough sorry to hear have you had it for your whole life?
Yes I've always been functional but during my teenage years the gym really helped out.... It's crazy looking back on my perspective then in comparison to now. The hardest part was accepting the fact of being cateorgizated for myself and so self medication was the norm to cope before.

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
Iv never even thought about that but I agree 100% I greatly appreciate your input and keep it going sounds like your doing well

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
Wow that’s interesting but makes total sense how she coping with it?

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
I am really sure that it would be hard to accept. How are coping now? And the gym seems like a really good outlet

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 13
Product Reviews 2
Cheeky Monkey Supplements 31
Supplements 15
bell1986 Supplements 100