Any VR users here?

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just got PSVR this year and I'm completely hooked. Right away I was thinking "this would be great if they had a VR stationary exercise bike - I'd finally enjoy doing cardio" and what do you know, I found this startup company that released one, so I bought it and am completely hooked.... so much fun and super challenging when racing others... the software does a good job at pushing me, which I really need when doing cardio... and it actually makes cardio fun.

They have an arcade that comes with the bike as a free download on the PS store, and there's a ton of games for it, as well as free downloads for any new games developed for it (through the arcade software). Super fun stuff...

https://www.virzoom.com/

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I just got the Schwinn 270 Recumbent Exercise Bike and it works with VR and iPad.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just got the Schwinn 270 Recumbent Exercise Bike and it works with VR and iPad.
Nice.. that's a pretty good bike. Mine is an upright bike but I'm currently modifying it to be more like a street racing bike. I'm usually more laid back when using any bike at the gym but this VR bike has me getting really aggressive so I'm attaching a new/narrow seat and adjusting the handlebars.

This one I got is pretty cool, each hand grip has triggers and buttons, so you can full on play an assortment of games, from attack helicopter games, to tank wars, to horseback riding with a lasso - chasing bank robbers, plus indy car racing and your traditional road bike racing. It communicates with my PSVR over bluetooth, so it wirelessly transmits my peddling and button input to the game. To turn, all I do is lean from side to side and my PS camera tracks my motion... it's like riding a motorbike in a way.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice.. that's a pretty good bike. Mine is an upright bike but I'm currently modifying it to be more like a street racing bike. I'm usually more laid back when using any bike at the gym but this VR bike has me getting really aggressive so I'm attaching a new/narrow seat and adjusting the handlebars.

This one I got is pretty cool, each hand grip has triggers and buttons, so you can full on play an assortment of games, from attack helicopter games, to tank wars, to horseback riding with a lasso - chasing bank robbers, plus indy car racing and your traditional road bike racing. It communicates with my PSVR over bluetooth, so it wirelessly transmits my peddling and button input to the game. To turn, all I do is lean from side to side and my PS camera tracks my motion... it's like riding a motorbike in a way.
Sweet.
The bike I wanted to get was, Sunny Health & Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike, which for the money was sick. 40lb flywheel, but my wife would never get on that thing, lol. I got the recumbent for both of us, plus my back issues, it was the smart choice.

I like the idea of being distracted while riding. I just bought a VR device as well that's going to be a surprise. I love the idea of riding and seeing the scenery, when I'm not riding my bike outside as a commuter.

I hope this thread picks up and more jump on board!

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sweet.
The bike I wanted to get was, Sunny Health & Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike, which for the money was sick. 40lb flywheel, but my wife would never get on that thing, lol. I got the recumbent for both of us, plus my back issues, it was the smart choice.

I like the idea of being distracted while riding. I just bought a VR device as well that's going to be a surprise. I love the idea of riding and seeing the scenery, when I'm not riding my bike outside as a commuter.

I hope this thread picks up and more jump on board!
Yes! The distraction and immersion is amazing. The last race I did, I didn't realize till the end just how hard I was pushing things... It was a 20min race but I was sprinting for at least half of it. My heart was pounding so hard for a while after. I checked the time and distance after and would not have thought it was 20min!

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll see if I can do some quick game captures this weekend and post them up

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Man, I cannot wait to give this a try and then let me wife loose with it! If she embraces this, then everything we've been working for with diet will help fall into place. Sick.

Hope to share some stuff with everyone here. Pics / Vids / etc.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
PSVR user here, might have to look into this. Any motion issue problems?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
PSVR user here, might have to look into this. Any motion issue problems?
I haven’t had any on the bike at all. The company also rates each game based on its VR intensity, I tend to play the most intense / immersive ones and I’ve been completely fine. What I love about it too is that you get the same feeling inside when you go up and down hills too, it’s amazing.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
On the other hand, I’ve tried to sit and pedal away on the bike while playing FarCry 5 and I don’t recommend that at all lol... FPS in cinematic mode on a VR headset isn’t actually really recommended at all though and I tried taking it a step further and ya... nope. Don’t try that I was completely fine playing Horizon Zero Dawn on the headset in cinematic mode though. Was amazing like that.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Btw, I also always use a fan on me when playing intense / fast VR games. Helps a ton with any motion issues.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
justhere4comm how you liking your bike? I'm going to try to capture some footage this weekend to post up.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
justhere4comm how you liking your bike? I'm going to try to capture some footage this weekend to post up.
Just got it back online again. Almost took me out, and had to rebuild a bit. (A week off of it waiting for parts.) Here's a nice shot of it all redone and pretty. Had a great ride today!

Thank you for asking. :)

bike.png

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just got it back online again. Almost took me out, and had to rebuild a bit. (A week off of it waiting for parts.) Here's a nice shot of it all redone and pretty. Had a great ride today!

Thank you for asking. :)

View attachment 165994
Oh dude I meant the stationary bike you’re using with VR! Have you had a chance to give it a go?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Oh dude I meant the stationary bike you’re using with VR! Have you had a chance to give it a go?
Ha. Oh boy. A bit fuzzy today.
I was scrolling the thread and it hit me...

I returned the recumbent as it was messing with my knees, and went old school-isn with this bad boy.
The cheap iPhone VR wasn't too great. Am looking into alternative, (i.e,. game console devices)

IMG_5513.png

I love riding this thing. It's got a 40lb flywheel, and for the price $265, it's commercial quality.

D3x

D3x

Awards
  • Established
Lame.. I need something realistic like Oculus to make a vr game and room/staging that simulates being in the Colosseum or fighting a battle in Roman times..fighting for your life.. now that's cardio

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lame.. I need something realistic like Oculus to make a vr game and room/staging that simulates being in the Colosseum or fighting a battle in Roman times..fighting for your life.. now that's cardio
Uhhh oooookk.. PSVR is just as powerful as Oculus and this bike is supported by Oculus too... laaaaaame I guess you’re just too cool for this thread!! You go build your colosseum and lemme know how that goes

Funny thing is that if you knew anything about VR, you’d know there are fighting games that already exist..

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ha. Oh boy. A bit fuzzy today.
I was scrolling the thread and it hit me...

I returned the recumbent as it was messing with my knees, and went old school-isn with this bad boy.
The cheap iPhone VR wasn't too great. Am looking into alternative, (i.e,. game console devices)

View attachment 165998

I love riding this thing. It's got a 40lb flywheel, and for the price $265, it's commercial quality.
IMG_4412.jpg

Sweet man. Here’s a pic of my bike. I’ll post up some pics of my full setup this weekend.

D3x

D3x

Awards
  • Established
Just don't has a gaming PC like I used to.. makes me sad..

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just don't has a gaming PC like I used to.. makes me sad..
Same. That’s why I was real happy when PlayStation came out with their VR solution They have over 150 games now too.

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
I’ve been debating getting a vr and if spending the extra dough was worth it... and this thread deff just helped me realize I NEED VR lol

Edit- for PS4 ofc

Oh and my cuz told me they’re talking about ps5 releasing in 2019-2020? Don’t know if there’s any truth in that and CBF to look it up

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That’s sick.
You can see the lil buttons and triggers right? It's a bit tough to tell, but there's a 4 button config on each handle, similar to a PS4 gamepad, and each handle has a trigger (also each handle has s BP monitor). I just really want to try to replace the seat if I can, with a more streamlined racing seat because I love the racing/sprinting games.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ve been debating getting a vr and if spending the extra dough was worth it... and this thread deff just helped me realize I NEED VR lol

Edit- for PS4 ofc

Oh and my cuz told me they’re talking about ps5 releasing in 2019-2020? Don’t know if there’s any truth in that and CBF to look it up
I'm completely hooked. I'm a huge horror fan and VR brings horror games to the next level. Sci-fi too... Farpoint's been pretty fun and I've got a handful of other new Sci-fi VR games I need to play. Star Trek - Bridge Crew is gonna be in effect tonight!! Basically an online social multiplayer co-op VR game where each player has a different station on the bridge, and different tasks, while you do missions together.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm gonna try to post some video shares from this VR game I've got called Super Hot. It's a shooter/fighting game where time only moves when you move/attack, and if you're not shooting your weapon, you can move around in bullet time, dodge bullets and even knock your enemy's bullets out of the air with your gun.

As you progress in the game, there are harder scenarios. Imagine a group of 4 people on the ground simultaneously attacking you (with weapons) as a helicopter is hovering, with more people inside shooting at you. You can even punch/attack them with throwable objects and grab their own weapons out of their hands in bullet time to kill them. Seriously feels like you're a ninja while playing this, and it's a pretty good workout too.

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
I'm gonna try to post some video shares from this VR game I've got called Super Hot. It's a shooter/fighting game where time only moves when you move/attack, and if you're not shooting your weapon, you can move around in bullet time, dodge bullets and even knock your enemy's bullets out of the air with your gun.

As you progress in the game, there are harder scenarios. Imagine a group of 4 people on the ground simultaneously attacking you (with weapons) as a helicopter is hovering, with more people inside shooting at you. You can even punch/attack them with throwable objects and grab their own weapons out of their hands in bullet time to kill them. Seriously feels like you're a ninja while playing this, and it's a pretty good workout too.
Wow that sounds intense and for VR I can only imagine how fun it is. I have a question tho, and try not to be biased... compared to other forms of VR where would you put PSVR? Cuz I’ve never actually seen or played it only cheap vr alternatives. Does it blow them out of the water? And how are controls? I’ve been stuck on whether or not to drop the $300 to get it or not. It’s like... supps? Or VR lol

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow that sounds intense and for VR I can only imagine how fun it is. I have a question tho, and try not to be biased... compared to other forms of VR where would you put PSVR? Cuz I’ve never actually seen or played it only cheap vr alternatives. Does it blow them out of the water? And how are controls? I’ve been stuck on whether or not to drop the $300 to get it or not. It’s like... supps? Or VR lol
PSVR is on the same level as Oculus. It’s powered by the PS4/PS4 pro and also has a secondary box for extra power, so it’s not lacking at all. Frame rates are great. I’m definitely not biased. My best friend turned me onto VR. He had the Oculus and sold it to buy the PSVR and accessories. Man, shooting games, with the VR rifle, are incredible. Feels so lifelike... not to mention all of the other features it does like allowing you to play ANY PS4 game on the headset in cinematic mode. And movies man. Laying down in bed with the headset on watching movies makes me feel so futuristic

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
PSVR is on the same level as Oculus. It’s powered by the PS4/PS4 pro and also has a secondary box for extra power, so it’s not lacking at all. Frame rates are great. I’m definitely not biased. My best friend turned me onto VR. He had the Oculus and sold it to buy the PSVR and accessories. Man, shooting games, with the VR rifle, are incredible. Feels so lifelike... not to mention all of the other features it does like allowing you to play ANY PS4 game on the headset in cinematic mode. And movies man. Laying down in bed with the headset on watching movies makes me feel so futuristic
How much for a setup? I've been so far out of that game (pun) for so long, I would not know where to begin.
Maybe post up some links, or suggestions. I'm sure I am not the only one interested in a cool setup.

:)

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How much for a setup? I've been so far out of that game (pun) for so long, I would not know where to begin.
Maybe post up some links, or suggestions. I'm sure I am not the only one interested in a cool setup.

:)
A new PS4 pro runs about $350-$400 maybe and then a nice VR bundle can be found online. I basically hunted all over and ended up getting a VR bundle from Amazon. I got the Doom VFR bundle, game, headset, camera for $350. Then I got the Farpoint bundle, game and VR rifle, for $80. Motion controllers (the handheld wands) cost me about $95 for the pair. Then I spent about $400 on my VR bike. It was all definitely worth it!