Liquor vs Beer

Anabaholic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hmmmmmm . . . Liqour is quicker but beer is more social.

Dthcore

Dthcore

Awards
  • Established
Liquor and betch drinks. I appreciate the craftsmanship behind beer buuuuuut, not for me.

Liquor makes me feel great and betch drinks are tasty and make me feel fabulous with out the Gay part. (No offense intended)

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Liquor and betch drinks. I appreciate the craftsmanship behind beer buuuuuut, not for me.

Liquor makes me feel great and betch drinks are tasty and make me feel fabulous with out the Gay part. (No offense intended)
You're right on the money.

Liquor makes me feel fabulous faster. #nohomo #nooffensemeant #funnyish #weneedhashtagsinhere

Beer from a bottle gives you bloat.
Pour it in a glass and sip it slow. #sipping #slow #goodpour #guinessstout

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Both, gotta have a beer to chase the liquor lol. Im more of a plain budwiser guy but recently i had (2 roads coffee stout) any1 who likes beer or coffee should give it a try

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
beer

I like some whiskey in the dead of winter....but in a social setting if I get bored, I drink....drink liquor too fast and it's a rough night

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I gave up beer for Lent. Before that, I was slamming IPA's like it was my job.. Now, 1 IPA fills me up. Lol.
I'm steering more towards high end whiskey with a splash of lime or bitters and water. Less filling and calories.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have always preferred liquor to beer. Just have to remember to drink other fluids with it or in between. You fill up 3 fingers of whiskey every time you are thirsty and you are gonna ruin your night.

Shiznitzz

Shiznitzz

Awards
  • Established
**** I'm with you guys on the liquor lol, it makes me feel good fast. Beer just straight up makes me bloated and takes too damn long to make me drunk.

Betch drinks though, I'm going to Disney here in like a week, I'm gonna be fab af with all the betch drinks

MrKleen73, if you're filling your glass with 3 fingers of whiskey every time you're thirsty, it might be time for an intervention lol

Dthcore

Dthcore

Awards
  • Established
**** I'm with you guys on the liquor lol, it makes me feel good fast. Beer just straight up makes me bloated and takes too damn long to make me drunk.

Betch drinks though, I'm going to Disney here in like a week, I'm gonna be fab af with all the betch drinks

MrKleen73, if you're filling your glass with 3 fingers of whiskey every time you're thirsty, it might be time for an intervention lol
Get them Betch drinks big boooooi!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Well depends on how you'r drinking it. I mean 3 fingers on the rocks, not 3 fingers neat... but yeah if you refill that every time you finish and are thirsty you are gonna have trouble... I have a buddy who outweighs me by 120lb, he is HYUGE!!! When we sit down to drink together and catch up he tries to fill me up every time he finishes his drink. I don't think he realized I was 40% more intoxicated than him just by the weight difference alone... So yeah I have had those days were that has gone wrong.

One time we went through 2 bottles of good scotch the first night I got there. We all ended up laying around the rest of the weekend wandering what the hell we were thinking.

Oh, and HELL YES to the bitch drinks! Just can't get away with them physiquwise but I still enjoy them from time to time. I love me a Frozen Beerita!

Shiznitzz

Shiznitzz

Awards
  • Established
Well depends on how you'r drinking it. I mean 3 fingers on the rocks, not 3 fingers neat... but yeah if you refill that every time you finish and are thirsty you are gonna have trouble... I have a buddy who outweighs me by 120lb, he is HYUGE!!! When we sit down to drink together and catch up he tries to fill me up every time he finishes his drink. I don't think he realized I was 40% more intoxicated than him just by the weight difference alone... So yeah I have had those days were that has gone wrong.

One time we went through 2 bottles of good scotch the first night I got there. We all ended up laying around the rest of the weekend wandering what the hell we were thinking.

Oh, and HELL YES to the bitch drinks! Just can't get away with them physiquwise but I still enjoy them from time to time. I love me a Frozen Beerita!
Yeah weight makes a massive difference, I'm near 250lbs and downed 16 shots of gin about a week ago, I was hungover the next day but that's a death wish for most people

Dthcore

Dthcore

Awards
  • Established
3 Jack and cokes and I’m good. Anything further, we in for an adventure. Charisma lever upped 200,000 points!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah weight makes a massive difference, I'm near 250lbs and downed 16 shots of gin about a week ago, I was hungover the next day but that's a death wish for most people
Oh man.... that doesn't even sound fun... I normally try to stay on this side of sober, see if I can reach the buzz / tipsy effect and maintain but sometimes it gets away from me and I go too far...

Shiznitzz

Shiznitzz

Awards
  • Established
Oh man.... that doesn't even sound fun... I normally try to stay on this side of sober, see if I can reach the buzz / tipsy effect and maintain but sometimes it gets away from me and I go too far...
**** normally I'm good at right around 8 shots but man sometimes you just take a stroll down bender lane and **** yourself sideways

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
**** normally I'm good at right around 8 shots but man sometimes you just take a stroll down bender lane and **** yourself sideways
It has been about 2 years since the last time I got caught up and ended up full on drunk as Cooter Brown!

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
I haven't tied one on in almost 15 years. Got hammered on a Bahamas cruise. Last time. Now if I have something, it's a Guiness or 2, but that's it.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can only drink 1-2 beers before I feel bloated and nasty. I think I'm allergic.

My go to is tequila on the rocks. I am stocked to the point that it looks like you went to a tequila bar. You'll always find 15-20 different types.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I can only drink 1-2 beers before I feel bloated and nasty. I think I'm allergic.

My go to is tequila on the rocks. I am stocked to the point that it looks like you went to a tequila bar. You'll always find 15-20 different types.
I was never into tequila by itself and had only considered it a mixer, or shot type of drink until I got some amazing stuff my buddy's family brought up to him from Mexico. He invited me in for New Years Eve festivities and poured me one. It changed my view of tequilla forever. I haven't found many that I enjoy like I did that one though... he forewarned me I was going to love it and that you couldn't get it in the states... He was right on both accounts.

My favorite is honestly Crown though... nice, smooth, and a tiny almost sweet taste at the back end. I will do Bourbon's, Rye Whiskey, and Scotch as well but my go to is Crown. With the others I tend to use a little more ice, or add a splash of water to knock off some of the smokey / woody bite.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I used to drink a lot of bourbon and apparently I wasn't as funny as I always thought I was. My wife had several talks with me, so I decided it may not be in my best interest. :)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I used to drink a lot of bourbon and apparently I wasn't as funny as I always thought I was. My wife had several talks with me, so I decided it may not be in my best interest. :)
Yeah, you have got to listen to the wife in those instances. I am typically a very happy drunk. However that also means I can become boorish and overbearing unintentionally.

The last time I truly got plowed was several years ago. It was Christmas Eve and we were at a friends house having a get together and someone started doing tequila shots. I protested at first but as the night went on we all just kept taking shots. When someone new showed up, shots, when someone was leaving for the night, shots, if it had been 10 minutes since the last shot, time for shots... That kind of night and I hadn't drank much in a long while...

I ended up spilling my drink on the island counter in the kitchen and then wiping up the mess with my shirt...

Typically that would be a really nice gesture but apparently I was too drunk to bother taking the shirt off. I climbed up on the counter top wiping it up with my shirt while still wearing it. Yeah, it was as odd as you imagine. That was when it was decided that it was time for us to go home...

Funny thing is the owners f the house just thought it was hilarious, plus the husband puked so hard that night that he broke the toilet from hanging on it. Apparently that is where he was as I was swimming on his countertop...

Thank goodness I have an awesome wife! I wake up at 6:00AM with a pounding headache and no clue how I got home or much memory of the night before at all. I realize it is Christmas morning and I hadn't put out the gifts... I jump up freaking out and go out to find that my lovely wife had taken good care of me and the family. She apparently took me home and then i got so sick, she just took care of me and got me all cleaned up and put me to bed, and then she put all the presents out.

Man I felt like a total loser... she was so nice to me too. She knew that I had no control, I was drunk by the 2nd shot from not having drank much, and having already had a couple Tequilla Sunrises before the shots started. It took me so off guard, that I was just inebriated.

Anyway that night had me mentally install a few mandatory fail safes for self regulation on drinks. If doing shots, it is shots only... If drinking a spirit is is on the rocks or I mix the drink myself so I know how much is in it. I also drink a non alcoholic beverage in between if in a social drinking setting that makes it easy to drink in excess. Since then I don't get caught with my guard down... I have been tipsy since then but not drunk... Drunk is not fun, or the goal... There were just too many 20 somethings at that party so shots ended up being plentiful...

Shiznitzz

Shiznitzz

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, you have got to listen to the wife in those instances. I am typically a very happy drunk. However that also means I can become boorish and overbearing unintentionally.

The last time I truly got plowed was several years ago. It was Christmas Eve and we were at a friends house having a get together and someone started doing tequila shots. I protested at first but as the night went on we all just kept taking shots. When someone new showed up, shots, when someone was leaving for the night, shots, if it had been 10 minutes since the last shot, time for shots... That kind of night and I hadn't drank much in a long while...

I ended up spilling my drink on the island counter in the kitchen and then wiping up the mess with my shirt...

Typically that would be a really nice gesture but apparently I was too drunk to bother taking the shirt off. I climbed up on the counter top wiping it up with my shirt while still wearing it. Yeah, it was as odd as you imagine. That was when it was decided that it was time for us to go home...

Funny thing is the owners f the house just thought it was hilarious, plus the husband puked so hard that night that he broke the toilet from hanging on it. Apparently that is where he was as I was swimming on his countertop...

Thank goodness I have an awesome wife! I wake up at 6:00AM with a pounding headache and no clue how I got home or much memory of the night before at all. I realize it is Christmas morning and I hadn't put out the gifts... I jump up freaking out and go out to find that my lovely wife had taken good care of me and the family. She apparently took me home and then i got so sick, she just took care of me and got me all cleaned up and put me to bed, and then she put all the presents out.

Man I felt like a total loser... she was so nice to me too. She knew that I had no control, I was drunk by the 2nd shot from not having drank much, and having already had a couple Tequilla Sunrises before the shots started. It took me so off guard, that I was just inebriated.

Anyway that night had me mentally install a few mandatory fail safes for self regulation on drinks. If doing shots, it is shots only... If drinking a spirit is is on the rocks or I mix the drink myself so I know how much is in it. I also drink a non alcoholic beverage in between if in a social drinking setting that makes it easy to drink in excess. Since then I don't get caught with my guard down... I have been tipsy since then but not drunk... Drunk is not fun, or the goal... There were just too many 20 somethings at that party so shots ended up being plentiful...
the mental image of you swimming on the countertop is hilarious!! ? Probably a good idea to put up safeguards after such an incident though!! Lmao

My wife doesn't drink, and always takes care of me when I have a little too much, sometimes I feel like she cares too much when I'm just sloshed lol

I don't get that wacked out anymore, not often at least, but I'm tellin ya when I went on that year of being a complete sloshfest she was the most patient person. Almost makes me feel bad

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Man, we have way too much of a party neighborhood and groups of friends in other surrounding neighborhoods. Always an excuse to get together and have drinks and whatnot, and now that the neighborhood pool is going to be opening and my backyard opens right into it, it's getting ready to crank up.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
the mental image of you swimming on the countertop is hilarious!! �� Probably a good idea to put up safeguards after such an incident though!! Lmao

My wife doesn't drink, and always takes care of me when I have a little too much, sometimes I feel like she cares too much when I'm just sloshed lol

I don't get that wacked out anymore, not often at least, but I'm tellin ya when I went on that year of being a complete sloshfest she was the most patient person. Almost makes me feel bad
Shows you what true unconditional love is doesn't it? Trust me the everyone that was there laughs any time that is referenced. Someone does the breast stroke movement and then the giggle starts. Then someone else will tell his wife to go check the toilet to see if he broke it again... then Jo will do her slurring impression of me... "I'm okay. No really, I am okay just give me the car so I can drive the keys home. Hiccup!"

One of those lessons that just pops out with a reminder every once in a while... Moderation and self discipline are key!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man, we have way too much of a party neighborhood and groups of friends in other surrounding neighborhoods. Always an excuse to get together and have drinks and whatnot, and now that the neighborhood pool is going to be opening and my backyard opens right into it, it's getting ready to crank up.
Have to admit that sounds awesome to me!

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm on michelob ultra for the last 3 years, my wife and I are both weekend warriors. Knock down about 12-15 ultras and 3 or 4 shots of crown apple and sh*t starts happnin. ....I like vodka, cranberry, and pineapple juice during the summer. Very easy to knock down a 5th of vodka with some crushed ice on the boat with some crabs with bikinis at the pool....catch my drift....sh1t be happnin. ...we live 1/4 mile from the water and have 2 of the best bars on the water within 5 minutes of our boat ramp...gets a lil crazy during the summer out here on the Potomac. ...east coast living

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm on michelob ultra for the last 3 years, my wife and I are both weekend warriors. Knock down about 12-15 ultras and 3 or 4 shots of crown apple and sh*t starts happnin. ....I like vodka, cranberry, and pineapple juice during the summer. Very easy to knock down a 5th of vodka with some crushed ice on the boat with some crabs with bikinis at the pool....catch my drift....sh1t be happnin. ...we live 1/4 mile from the water and have 2 of the best bars on the water within 5 minutes of our boat ramp...gets a lil crazy during the summer out here on the Potomac. ...east coast living
Interesting tidbit of info I found out from hanging at the lake for a bit... their are a ton of swingers in the boat life...

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Interesting tidbit of info I found out from hanging at the lake for a bit... their are a ton of swingers in the boat life...
No swingers here. Did have a naked woman in our walk in closet one morning. .. like i said...sh1t be happnin ...something about the water, sun, music, and alcohol. Terrible mix

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
No swingers here. Did have a naked woman in our walk in closet one morning. .. like i said...sh1t be happnin ...something about the water, sun, music, and alcohol. Terrible mix
Or wonderful mix... I am all about the mischief and a complete social animal so I would love that!

That had to be interesting to find!

Oh wasn't implying... I was just shocked by the times my wife and I were approached or hit on when out at the lake hanging with all the people on their boats. The morning DJ on the alternative rock station is also always talking about the fact there are a lot of swingers with boats. I thought it was funny since the wife and I had been hit on a few times.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Or wonderful mix... I am all about the mischief and a complete social animal so I would love that!

Oh wasn't implying... I was just shocked by the times my wife and I were approached or hit on when out at the lake hanging with all the people on their boats. The morning DJ on the alternative rock station is also always talking about the fact there are a lot of swingers with boats. I thought it was funny since the wife and I had been hit on a few times.
It was one of those things that just wasn't never really brought up or talked about...fine with me

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haha, it is so true. Granted I live in one of the highest concentrations of swingers in the US, but take that and concentrate it even more and then you have all the lakes around here.

Shiznitzz

Shiznitzz

Awards
  • Established

I got more gin

Let's see how this night goes lololol

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I forgot to mention, the chick in the closet is now my daycare provider for my daughter. ....sh1t be happnin. ..haha...true story

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I forgot to mention, the chick in the closet is now my daycare provider for my daughter. ....sh1t be happnin. ..haha...true story
That's pretty funny.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That's freaking hilarious!!!

Shiznitzz

Shiznitzz

Awards
  • Established
So tried New Amsterdam gin last night, damn that stuff is the ****! Went down like Sprite and real fruity, real good gin. Definitely found my new favorite

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Interesting.. I may look for that.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So tried New Amsterdam gin last night, damn that stuff is the ****! Went down like Sprite and real fruity, real good gin. Definitely found my new favorite
Really? New Amsterdam is pretty middle/ lowshelf. Not saying there can’t be hidden gems there, but I’ve had their vodka and it is definitely only for mixers.

Shiznitzz

Shiznitzz

Awards
  • Established
Really? New Amsterdam is pretty middle/ lowshelf. Not saying there can’t be hidden gems there, but I’ve had their vodka and it is definitely only for mixers.
It's middle shelf, but it's smooth and fruity with a nice back end burn like velvet. Maybe I'm just used to cheap stuff lol, I normally got gilby's or heaven hill, now that's some low shelf stuff

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haha, now that explains it! Of course it’s going to be velvety in comparison.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wish I could drink red wine as it does relax me. The histamines really mess with me though and I get red in the face and wake up with a horrible headache. White wine I am fine with.

patrick25

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When I drank bud light happy guy when I drank liquor Jekyll and Hyde.

Shiznitzz

Shiznitzz

Awards
  • Established
I wish I could drink red wine as it does relax me. The histamines really mess with me though and I get red in the face and wake up with a horrible headache. White wine I am fine with.
Tannins definitely don't work well with some people lol

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
what works for me, to avoid the headaches, is drink water, so i have a few sips of red wine, and then a minute later i gulp some water down, that way i stay hydrated, works like a charm, i feel fine the next morning, and of course i only drink to the point where i got a nice buzz, that's it, i don't get truly drunk (like where i can barely walk or end up throwing up) i only drink once a week

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's not a hydration thing. Allergies to red wine is pretty common and I just happen to be one of the people that is affected.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It's not a hydration thing. Allergies to red wine is pretty common and I just happen to be one of the people that is affected.
It's the sulfites in some wines that cause this issue.